3rd to last even less early Group Mock Draft-Come make a pick

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1329830689' post='1097800']

Hightower was picked #15 in the Bleacher report draft and he is an ILB whereas Upshaw is an OLB. Barnett may be gone and even if he isn't he can work with Hightower to take over the middle for the Bills who need a field general.
[/quote]
You do realize anyone can post a mock on Bleacher report right? Hightower is a consensus late late round 1 or 2nd round pick. Not to mention if you ask any Bills fan a pass rushing OLB is their #1 and #2 priority.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1329831041' post='1097805']
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that is what I went with. If you wanted to pick for them so bad maybe you should have done it?
[/quote]
I could (or couldn't?) really give a F less about who you pick I was just pointing out that value and need are not there for Hightower as a top 10 pick to the Bills. Not trying to be a dick about it just pointing out the consensus opinion on him as a prospect as far as I know.

[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1329839224' post='1097846']
Ha looks like I made it to the party just in time...

Bengals take OLB Courtney Upshaw since he's still on the board
[/quote]

With DeCastro still available? OG is a MUCH greater need than OLB.

Can I veto this pick?

:D

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1329841408' post='1097859']

With DeCastro still available? OG is a MUCH greater need than OLB.

Can I veto this pick?

:D
[/quote]

Upshaw is just too good of a talent to pass up and I actually like Glenn more than I like DeCastro...besides that I think they go hard at a couple of G's in FA.

[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1329841965' post='1097865']

Upshaw is just too good of a talent to pass up and I actually like Glenn more than I like DeCastro...besides that I think they go hard at a couple of G's in FA.
[/quote]
But now Glenn is gone.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1329842461' post='1097869']
x2 on the veto

Upshaw has no business in a 4-3 and DeCastro is rated higher by everyone
[/quote]

I'm just not convinced the Bengals are going to take a G early, regardless of who's there, i think they go the FA route to fill those holes.

Upshaw is easily a talented enough player to thrive in a 4-3 or 3-4....there's a reason most "experts" have him going in the top 12 right now, you can never have enough pass-rushers and Upshaw is the best in this draft at getting after the QB.

[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1329844148' post='1097888']

I'm just not convinced the Bengals are going to take a G early, regardless of who's there, i think they go the FA route to fill those holes.

Upshaw is easily a talented enough player to thrive in a 4-3 or 3-4....there's a reason most "experts" have him going in the top 12 right now, you can never have enough pass-rushers and Upshaw is the best in this draft at getting after the QB.
[/quote]
He's going top 12 as a 3-4 OLB. He doesn't have the lateral agility to be a 4-3 OLB or the size to be a 4-3 DE. We aren't going to draft a linebacker who can't cover. Well maybe we will. We did draft draft Maualuga after all. There are just much much much bigger needs to me than OLB with Rivers, Muckelroy and Moch in play for next season.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1329844575' post='1097892']
He's going top 12 as a 3-4 OLB. He doesn't have the lateral agility to be a 4-3 OLB or the size to be a 4-3 DE. We aren't going to draft a linebacker who can't cover. Well maybe we will. We did draft draft Maualuga after all. There are just much much much bigger needs to me than OLB with Rivers, Muckelroy and Moch in play for next season.
[/quote]

sorry man I just can't agree, i think you are grossly underestimating his skill set.

he'll never make to 17 in reality anyhow so it's all moot... :drinks:

Archived