Best Restaurants

Tigris

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1336166646' post='1128891']

Riverside Korean in Northern Kentucky is awesome. We're going there tonight.

If you want heart bypass surgery in the near future, go to Terry's Turf Club for burgers. They rule!

Honey in Northside is a terrific place for American cuisine at a more casual price and setting. Get their smokey tomato soup. It's the bees knees!

[/quote]

Riverside is excellent Korean food.

Terry's Turf Club has the best burgers in the city (and you can get one with fucking FOIE GRAS!!!).

My SIL is the pastry chef at Honey. She is amazingly talented.

I just ate at BD's Mongolian Barbeque for lunch today... made the BEST sauce ever:

2/3 BD's Teriyaki
1/3 Shitake Mushroom (sauce)

I left a little at the top to I could fit in some shakes of olive oil... I'm guessing a tablespoon worth, maybe more.

garlic (guessing half teaspoon)
season salt (guessing half teaspoon)

Best. Shit. Ever.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1336173376' post='1128907']
Riverside is excellent Korean food.

Terry's Turf Club has the best burgers in the city (and you can get one with fucking FOIE GRAS!!!).

My SIL is the pastry chef at Honey. She is amazingly talented.
[/quote]

Do they have kimshi there? I haven't had good kimshi since my great uncle's Korean wife died.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1336394928' post='1129233']
Do they have kimshi there? I haven't had good kimshi since my great uncle's Korean wife died.
[/quote]

Not only do they have kimchi but you get bowls of about 6 or 7 other awesomely pickled vegetables to eat with your meal.. Yeah. leaving Riverside off my list was a criminal act.. Damn fine food.. I used to have a Korean friend who's mom made kimchi in the backyard and would stuff bulgogi in your face every time you set foot in the house. So I have an appreciation for home cooked Korean, and Riverside doesn't disappoint. They also have a pretty awesome "adventurous" section, but you have to be feeling adventurous for sure.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1336405412' post='1129261']
Not only do they have kimchi but you get bowls of about 6 or 7 other awesomely pickled vegetables to eat with your meal.. Yeah. leaving Riverside off my list was a criminal act.. Damn fine food.. I used to have a Korean friend who's mom made kimchi in the backyard and would stuff bulgogi in your face every time you set foot in the house. So I have an appreciation for home cooked Korean, and Riverside doesn't disappoint. They also have a pretty awesome "adventurous" section, but you have to be feeling adventurous for sure.
[/quote]

I will have to go there when I am in town at the end of July.

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1336623928' post='1129857']
I heard a rumor about Riverside closing down or being sold or some such, and that the original ppl now run Sung's downtown.
[/quote]

NOOOOO!

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1336623928' post='1129857']
I heard a rumor about Riverside closing down or being sold or some such, and that the original ppl now run Sung's downtown.
[/quote]

I suppose anything is possible. I know Sung personally (well, I did many [b]moons[/b] ago...HA HA HA!!!), and from what I have read, Sung's is a pretty damn fine replacement for Riverside, if in fact it is closing. If it is Jason, just go to Sung's. Same family, very similar concept.

Mmmmmm, bibimbap in a stone bowl....mmmmmmm....

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1336696911' post='1130076']
I suppose anything is possible. I know Sung personally (well, I did many [b]moons[/b] ago...HA HA HA!!!), and from what I have read, Sung's is a pretty damn fine replacement for Riverside, if in fact it is closing. If it is Jason, just go to Sung's. Same family, very similar concept.

Mmmmmm, bibimbap in a stone bowl....mmmmmmm....
[/quote]

Hmm.. I was just checking out [url="http://www.sungkoreanbistro.com/index.html"]Sung[/url] and it looks pretty sweet.. Definitely an upgrade as far a quality of decor and location. I was also pleased to see they still have traditional Korean sit down (no chair, short table) dining.. I wonder if you are still required to take off your shoes? It was little touches like that, along with the excellent food that really made it a great experience.

Archived