Shits about to hit the fan...

Guest bengalrick

Guest Gonzoid
[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jul 1 2005, 07:55 PM']now to gonzoid... so you hate dem's and rep's...  i can see your point b/c i've been somewhat disappointed w/ the rep's lately, but i can't see myself voting third party... its a wasted vote... if i don't see a candidate, out of the two, i just wouldn't vote...
[right][post="109646"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I'd rather my vote go towards something I believe in and I don't believe in either Dems or Repubs. Voting for either of them is, to me, not voting.

[quote]to say that the republican party has been taken over by the evangalical christians is amusing...[/quote]
To me, it isn't. I'm talking of folks like James Dobson, Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson. Those men are not Christians. Those are the folks who control a good portion of the Republican party. And as Susan B. Anthony once said, "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires."

[quote name='Gonzoid' date='Jul 2 2005, 06:21 PM']And as Susan B. Anthony once said, "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires."
[right][post="109917"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Smart lady.

[quote name='Gonzoid' date='Jul 2 2005, 02:21 PM']I'd rather my vote go towards something I believe in and I don't believe in either Dems or Repubs. Voting for either of them is, to me, not voting.
To me, it isn't. I'm talking of folks like [b]James Dobson[/b], Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson. [b]Those men are not Christians.[/b] Those are the folks who control a good portion of the Republican party. And as Susan B. Anthony once said, "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires."

Do you ever listen to James Dobson's program? Do you know what he's about? On what do you base your claim that he's not a Christian?

Who are you to judge someone else's servant?

Christians are (ideally) about helping people. Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, and James Dobson are about helping themselves. That should be obvious at this point.

Jesus in parts of the New Testament was talking about things like tolerance and even wealth distribution. Damned if anybody sees that now, though.

I don't think the Government should be able to control women's bodies.
There will be abortions with or without planned parenthood clinics, obviously. Grecian doctors recommended riding on horseback.
I am really frightened by the one potential nominee, who supported a law saying that women HAD TO inform their husbands they were having an abortion. That is scary, and really only further relegates women to a position of inferiority.

Also, I think if they overturn Roe v. Wade, we will have a Civil War. I don't see how anything else could happen. As crazy as A LOT of these Pro-Life goons are (like the lady setting herself on fire, etc.), I think when you start to limit people's rights, bad things will happen.

Jason, do you think Ronald Reagan would approve of the party lines and the direction it is heading in today? Look at the people he nominated to the supreme court and see how moderate they are compared to the righties of today.

[quote name='#22' date='Jul 2 2005, 06:39 PM']I am really frightened by the one potential nominee, who supported a law saying that women HAD TO inform their husbands they were having an abortion. That is scary, and really only further relegates women to a position of inferiority.
[right][post="109989"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
How is that making women seem inferior?? The guy had as much part in creating the child as the woman, shouldn't he at least know? She still makes the choice, he just knows about it and can help her to cope with the abortion, or change her mind to keep the child.

Come on, a federal law making it a crime if women don't tell their husbands?
What about Spousal Abuse cases and the like?

What kind of thought process would a man have to have to endorse a law like this?

[quote name='#22']Christians are (ideally) about helping people. Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, and James Dobson are about helping themselves. That should be obvious at this point.[/quote]

No, it's not obvious to me that James Dobson is all about helping himself. Enlighten me as to how that is true. Show me how he has never helped anyone else.

Do men have to tell their wives before getting the snip?

A slightly different scenario, but some of the same ramifications.

On the surface, I think it is right for the woman to tell the father. On the other hand, I can also think of scenarios where abuse might be involved and maybe it's not a good idea. I just don't like blanket laws that make certain actions illegal and don't leave room for exceptions.

[quote name='BengalSIS' date='Jul 3 2005, 12:21 AM']Do men have to tell their wives before getting the snip?[right][post="110020"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yes, they do. If youre married you have to have your wife sign off.

[quote name='Jason' date='Jul 1 2005, 03:11 PM']GWB has done a few things that have made me unhappy.  Primarily his "actions" regarding illegal immigration, and a lot of his domestic spending.  He has spent money like a Democrat on a lot of things.

But, due to his actions in the war on terror, and the simple fact that there has not been a SINGLE successful attack on US soil since 9-11, he was the obvious choice over Kerry.  That and Bush is more likely to nominate a strict constructionist to the SC than Kerry.

As for McCain - NO WAY.  The guy is half RINO. At least.
[right][post="109506"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I don't know why people say this? Do you think the "war on terror" has made you safer? The biggest attack happened on his watch and please don't blame Clinton... The Republicans have had control of the House/Senate since the 2nd congressional session of Clinton's first term.

[quote name='Beaker' date='Jul 2 2005, 10:05 PM']Yes, they do. If youre married you have to have your wife sign off.
[right][post="110054"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
That's [i]exactly[/i] what should be done for abortions

[quote name='kdubdub' date='Jul 2 2005, 10:10 PM']I don't know why people say this?  Do you think the "war on terror" has made you safer?  The biggest attack happened on his watch and please don't blame Clinton... The Republicans have had control of the House/Senate since the 2nd congressional session of Clinton's first term.
[right][post="110055"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
So if we had a democrat for president, 9/11 would never have happened right?

[quote name='akiliMVP' date='Jul 2 2005, 09:11 PM']So if we had a democrat for president, 9/11 would never have happened right?
[right][post="110057"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

It is a rhetorical question. How could you really say. I think what happened was done to get a reaction and it did.

[quote name='Gonzoid' date='Jul 2 2005, 02:21 PM']I'd rather my vote go towards something I believe in and I don't believe in either Dems or Repubs. Voting for either of them is, to me, not voting.
[b]To me, it isn't. I'm talking of folks like James Dobson, Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson. Those men are not Christians. [/b]Those are the folks who control a good portion of the Republican party. And as Susan B. Anthony once said, "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires."

While Im not a fan of any of those guys, I think you overstep alot on saying they arent christians, thats not a judgement for any of us to make. If they believe that Christ died on the cross for our sins then they are christians. Im pretty uncomfortable with making that judgment on anyone, yet alone people I dont know.

[quote name='kdubdub' date='Jul 2 2005, 10:18 PM']It is a rhetorical question.  How could you really say.  I think what happened was done to get a reaction and it did.
[right][post="110060"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
It exposed our weaknesses, and to answer your question of if I feel safer or not, yes I do. The weaknesses were exposed, and now an effort is being made to protect the weaknesses. The FBI and CIA are working together and sharing information, airport security has improved dramatically, billions more dollars are spent on keeping us safe, there have been many changes to help ensure safety.

[quote name='#22' date='Jul 2 2005, 06:39 PM']Christians are (ideally) about helping people. Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, and James Dobson are about helping themselves. That should be obvious at this point.

Jesus in parts of the New Testament was talking about things like tolerance and [b]even wealth distribution[/b]. Damned if anybody sees that now, though.

I don't think the Government should be able to control women's bodies.
There will be abortions with or without planned parenthood clinics, obviously. Grecian doctors recommended riding on horseback.
I am really frightened by the one potential nominee, who supported a law saying that women HAD TO inform their husbands they were having an abortion. That is scary, and really only further relegates women to a position of inferiority.
Also, I think if they overturn Roe v. Wade, we will have a Civil War. I don't see how anything else could happen. As crazy as A LOT of these Pro-Life goons are (like the lady setting herself on fire, etc.), I think when you start to limit people's rights, bad things will happen.

Jason, do you think Ronald Reagan would approve of the party lines and the direction it is heading in today? Look at the people he nominated to the supreme court and see how moderate they are compared to the righties of today.
[right][post="109989"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Maybee I havent seen this or read it, thats entirely possible so maybee you could enlighten me, I know all about the idea that the haves should be hepling the have nots, ect... but where does it say anything about even wealth distribution?

Guest steggyD
We had a discussion in another forum I frequented, "Jesus, was he the first communist?"

Now, I do not mean in the sense that he would have religions and freedoms restricted. In Jesus's ideal world, everyone would lovingly help each other out and share everything. Think about it, bread, wine and fish for all the poor people. Overturn tables of money. I could dig up the old thread for some scriptures, but we would probably have to start a new thread here.

[quote name='steggyD' date='Jul 2 2005, 10:46 PM']We had a discussion in another forum I frequented, "Jesus, was he the first communist?"

Now, I do not mean in the sense that he would have religions and freedoms restricted. In Jesus's ideal world, everyone would lovingly help each other out and share everything. Think about it, bread, wine and fish for all the poor people. Overturn tables of money. I could dig up the old thread for some scriptures, but we would probably have to start a new thread here.
[right][post="110080"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Agreed, I just havent seen anything that refers to equal weatlh distrubution.

[quote name='akiliMVP' date='Jul 2 2005, 09:37 PM']It exposed our weaknesses, and to answer your question of if I feel safer or not, yes I do. The weaknesses were exposed, and now an effort is being made to protect the weaknesses. The FBI and CIA are working together and sharing information, airport security has improved dramatically, billions more dollars are spent on keeping us safe, there have been many changes to help ensure safety.
[right][post="110073"][/post][/right][/quote]

Personally I don't. I feel like we created more enemies and showed we will not pressure the people who really have us by the nuts (why is Saudi Arabia not in the axis of evil?). Yeah, more money is being spent at airports but someone could walk across the border strapped with a nuclear bomb. :crazy:

[quote name='kdubdub' date='Jul 2 2005, 11:50 PM']Personally I don't.  I feel like we created more enemies and showed we will not pressure the people who really have us by the nuts (why is Saudi Arabia not in the axis of evil?).  Yeah, more money is being spent at airports but someone could walk across the border strapped with a nuclear bomb. :crazy:
[right][post="110100"][/post][/right][/quote]

The people who did this came into this county leagally.

hmmmm....

Is there any way I can break threads up into multiple threads?

I mean we do have ABOUT 5 GOD DAMN TOPICS GOING IN HERE!!!! :angry2: :angry2:

I'll be reading along and I'll have a brilliant response to something, but I want to read the whole thread so I don't repeat what someone else said, so I read the next post and its a totally different subject, so I have a brilliant response, but then I read the next post and it's another subject.

GOD DAMN IT !!!!

I WISH ALL OF YOU DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS AND TREE HUGGIN' HIPPIES HAD BEEN ABORTED !!!!

Except Sis. I want her to GO MAKE ME SOME PIE !!!!

SONOFABITCH !!!!

SERIOUSLY !!!!

Ok.

I feel better now.

Carry on.

B)

Guest BengalBacker
Abortion is killing.

But it shouldn't be illegal.

My problem with the pro-choice side, is they want to sugarcoat what abortion is. It's much more than a woman's right to do what she wants with her body. Their attitude might well contribute to all of the unwanted pregnancies. If there's no social stigma, or at least a sense of what it is you're actually doing when you abort a baby, it leads to less concern about getting pregnant in the first place.

I hate it when people say, we need better education. Everybody knows how you get pregnant and everyone knows there is birth control available. Education isn't the problem. Social acceptance and people arguing that it's simply a matter of choice is.

I don't think anyone should go to jail for having or performing an abortion. I think people need to try to make sure they don't get pregnant in the first place. Of course nothing short of abstinence is foolproof, and shit happens, but too often it's just carelessness because there are no perceived consequences.

Guest BengalBacker
The 9/11 attacks were planned long before Bush was in office, and in fact were originally supposed to happen while Clinton was still in office. There were terrorist attacks while Clinton was in office.

I didn't blame Clinton and I don't blame Bush.

Unlike BJ, I blame the terrorists.

Guest BengalBacker
I often vote for third party candidates in state and local elections, but not for the presidency. If you have 3 or 4 candidates getting a lot of votes in a presidential election, you end up with a President that was elected with a small minority of the vote. That opens up a can of worms and potential instability that I don't think is good. It's better to force the major parties to adopt the policies of the minority party you agree with.

Archived