COFFEE

Tigris

Hahaha......if I lift my shirt, I'm all mammal believe me.  But coffee and I just don't get along.  I get all jittery and weird. 

I'm guessing he caffeine unless there's something else I don't know about. I get it too. Drink it right before the gym. Works wonders

I just read... cool.

This Peet's is way better than shitbucks. Starbucks is so overrated. I swear it's more a fashion statement than how it taste. Has to be... I've tried Starbucks multiple times and never liked it. Maybe I'm just getting the wrong kind? And plus, standing in line for a cup of coffee is ridiculous.

I was. The wife always gets some iced things with whipped cream at the top. Has chocolate syrup too. It's always amazing. I think she gets them at McDonald's.

My girl gets them too. I don't even know what they are, basically sugar flavored coffee...

I just read... cool.

This Peet's is way better than shitbucks. Starbucks is so overrated. I swear it's more a fashion statement than how it taste. Has to be... I've tried Starbucks multiple times and never liked it. Maybe I'm just getting the wrong kind? And plus, standing in line for a cup of coffee is ridiculous.

It's not just you; SBUX made the decision to sacrifice good produce for consistency (because at the end of the day, coffee is a food product just like oranges or apples).  So yes, their product is consistent across every store in every state.  And it's consistently bad, particularly their African offerings.  Pure bile, and I avoid them like the plague.

As Peet's has expanded, albeit at a *much* slower rate than $BUX, I've been impressed with how consistently good their product has stayed... 

I think the kind I am currently drinking might by slightly too strong for me. I'm drinking it pleasurably but (and why I do this, I don't know) but I always feel like I have to take a drink black before I put any cream in it. Black, it's extremely strong. I could if I had to, but to actually enjoy it I do need cream. I may go with another bag of Peet's but may try something more mild. I'm only like 4 days in though... by the time this is done, I'll probably prefer it.

Nothing would be better than a sample pack from coffees all around the world. The Kcups offer it but I refuse to buy anymore of those; they cost way too much.

If that's too strong for you, I'd recommend their Costa Rica.  As a South American coffee, it will brighter and lighter character than the blend you're currently drinking.  If that is still too heavy for you, then it's the darker roast of which you are not a fan as coffee doesn't get much lighter than Costa Rica.  Well, Colombian, but that's just lifeless.  If that turns out to be the case, you should give their medium roasts a shot... 

We'll see how this bag goes. I'm not even halfway through it yet. Thank you though.

I don't seem to be as seasoned as you, so I have to ask... there's tastes that I can't really describe because there's not much else out there like it. When you say brighter and lighter, are you actually talking about the beans itself? I get the crushed stuff... fits in the Kcup filter thing I bought for the Keurig.

And what's the difference between a light, medium, and dark roast? Just how long the bean is roasted?

We have a Coffee Guild at work because we got tired of drinking the cheap crap from the communal well.  We've had the Peet's and it is quite good.  

One time I ordered a Vietnamese coffee and I didn't realize you were supposed to stir the condensed milk.  So at the end I drank this pure condensed milk which was sickeningly sweet to say the least.  The waitress laughed at my cluelessness LOL

Archived