Haliburton gets another 5 billion dollar deal

Guest Bengal_Smoov

Guest Bengal_Smoov

A year extension in the contract with a billion dollar boost gives Haliburton a 5 billion dollar deal. It was signed in May but not deemed need to know information to the public. :angry2: Haliburton employees get paid 2.5x more than Army personel for doing the same job, someone please try to explain how this is legal. Cheney's wife sits on board for Halliburton, so Cheney sits on the board for the company is getting all the big money contracts for this war, how is legal? :crazy:

Dude!

When you get elected President or VP, you are divested of all holdings, and those investments are managed secretly by an independant investment advisor. Cheney no longer owns stock in Haliburton, and if he does, he doesn't know it.

Besides Haliburton is one of the few companies that is capable of doing what it does, and probably the best anyway.

And Lynne Cheney is NOT on the Board of Directors.

Link: [url="http://www.halliburton.com/about/board_of_dir.jsp"]http://www.halliburton.com/about/board_of_dir.jsp[/url]

[quote]Board of Directors

ROBERT L. CRANDALL, Chairman Emeritus, AMR Corporation/American Airlines, Inc. (engaged primarily in the air transportation business); President American Airlines, Inc. 1980-1995; Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, AMR Corporation/American Airlines 1985-1995; and Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, AMR Corporation/American Airlines 1985-1998, joined Halliburton Company Board in 1986; Chairman of the Compensation Committee and member of the Audit and the Management Oversight Committees; Director of Air Cell, Inc., Anixter International, Celestica Inc., i2 Technologies, Inc., and serves on the Advisory Board of American International Group, Inc. and on the Federal Aviation Administration Management Advisory Committee.

KENNETH T. DERR, Retired Chairman of the Board, Chevron Corporation (an international oil company); Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Chevron Corporation, 1989-1999; joined Halliburton Company Board in 2001; member of the Audit, the Nominating and Corporate Governance and the Management Oversight Committees; Director of AT&T Corp., Citigroup Inc. and Calpine Corporation.

S. MALCOM GILLIS, 64, University Professor, Rice University, since 2004; President, Rice University, 1993-2004; Ervin Kenneth Zingler Professor of Economics, Rice University, 1996-2004; Professor of Economics, Rice University, 1993-2004; Director of Service Corporation International and Introgen Therapeutics, Inc.

W. R. HOWELL, Chairman Emeritus, J.C. Penney Company, Inc. (a major retailer); Chairman of the Board, J.C. Penney Company, Inc., 1983-1996; Chief Executive Officer, J.C. Penney Company, Inc., 1983-1995; joined Halliburton Company Board in 1991; Lead Director, Chairman of the Management Oversight Committee and member of the Audit and the Compensation Committees; Director of American Electric Power Company, Exxon-Mobil Corporation, Pfizer Inc. and the Williams Company. He is also a Director of Deutsche Bank Trust Corporation and Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas, non-public wholly owned subsidiaries of Deutsche Bank AG, and Viseon, Inc. where he has informed us he will not stand for re-election to the Board in 2004.

RAY L. HUNT, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, Hunt Oil Company (oil and gas exploration and development) and Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer and President, Hunt Consolidated, Inc. for more than five years; joined Halliburton Company Board in 1998; Chairman of the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee and member of the Audit and the Management Oversight Committees; Director of Electronic Data Systems Corporation, PepsiCo, Inc., King Ranch Company, and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas and member of the Board of Managers of Verde Group, LLC.

DAVID J. LESAR, Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company, since 2000; President of the Company, 1997-2000; Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, 1995-1997; joined Halliburton Company Board in 2000; Director of Lyondell Chemical Company and Mirant Corporation.

J. LANDIS MARTIN, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Titanium Metals Corporation (an integrated producer of titanium metals), since 1995; President, Titanium Metals Corporation, since 2000; President and Chief Executive Officer, NL Industries, Inc. (a manufacturer and marketer of titanium dioxide pigments), 1987-2003; Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, Baroid Corporation (and its predecessor), acquired by Dresser Industries, Inc. in 1994, 1990-1994; joined Halliburton Company Board in 1998; member of the Health, Safety and Environment and the Management Oversight Committees; Director of Titanium Metals Corporation, Apartment Investment and Management Corporation, Crown Castle International Corporation and Trico Marine Services, Inc.

JAY A. PRECOURT, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, Scissor Tail Energy, LLC (a gatherer, transporter and processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids), since 2000; Chairman of the Board, Hermes Consolidated, Inc. (a gatherer, transporter and refiner of crude oil and refined products), since 1999; Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Tejas Gas Corporation, 1986-1999; President, Tejas Gas Corporation, 1996-1998; joined Halliburton Company Board in 1998; member of the Compensation, the Health, Safety and Environment and the Management Oversight Committees; Director of Founders Funds, Inc., The Timken Company and Apache Corp.

DEBRA L. REED, President and Chief Operating Officer, Southern California Gas Company and San Diego Gas & Electric Company (regulated utility companies), since 2002; President of San Diego Gas & Electric Company, 2000-2001; President, Energy Distribution Services, Southern California Gas Company, 1998-2001; Senior Vice President, Southern California Gas Company, 1995-1998; joined Halliburton Company Board in 2001; member of the Health, Safety and Environment, the Nominating and Corporate Governance and the Management Oversight Committees.[/quote]

Get over it already.

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jul 7 2005, 05:50 AM']A year extension in the contract with a billion dollar boost gives Haliburton a 5 billion dollar deal.  It was signed in May but not deemed need to know information to the public. :angry2:   [b] Haliburton employees get paid 2.5x more than Army personel for doing the same job,[/b] someone please try to explain how this is legal.  Cheney's wife sits on board for Halliburton, so Cheney sits on the board for the company is getting all the big money contracts for this war, how is legal? :crazy:
[right][post="111490"][/post][/right][/quote]

Hazard pay. We you join the Army you give your life to the country. Haliburton employees get paid more becauase it's not technically their job to put their life on the line.

[quote name='Hooky' date='Jul 7 2005, 10:07 AM']This "all republicans are greedy and only make decisions to gain wealth and power" shit is getting old.
[right][post="111513"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

As are the false (or, perhaps simply uneducated) claims.

Guest bengalrick
its like a cycle... bitch about haliburton, we just go over wmds, oil, you name it... its getting old... jason pointed out perfectly why cheney is getting nothing for haliburton getting bigger, and they are one of the only companies that can and would do what they are doing... they are risking their life and reputation, considering that if they didn't have the bid, you wouldn't give 2 fucks about haliburton... if it was another company, someone would link them to bush or chaney... nobody else would probably want that job right now (as far as owning haliburton)...

[quote name='Hooky' date='Jul 7 2005, 09:20 AM']If Cheney and Bush are both so greedy, why did they take such a huge paycut by holding public office?  They could make a ton more money in private ventures.
[right][post="111499"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

1 word

N E T W O R K I N G

[quote name='Hooky' date='Jul 7 2005, 10:34 AM']They could network more effectively and a hell of a lot less scrutinized in the private sector.
[right][post="111528"][/post][/right][/quote]

Sure..

[b]The President of The United States[/b]

and

[b]Vice President of The United States[/b]

Aren't titles that throw a little weight.... NAH...

Any corporate CEO etc is able to push pork belly projects, tax incentives and public policy through congress, and have them signed by the executive branch just as well (including high level government contracts).....

No to mention allocating Justices to keep it all in place..

You're right...

Doesn't mean a damn thing

:crazy: :crazy:

[quote name='Lucid' date='Jul 7 2005, 10:38 AM']Sure..

and

Any corporate CEO etc is able to push pork belly projects, tax incentives and public policy through congress, and have them signed by the executive branch just as well (including high level government contracts).....

You're right...

:crazy:   :crazy:
[right][post="111530"][/post][/right][/quote]

And I'm sure no other President or Vice President has ever done that. :crazy:

[quote name='Jason' date='Jul 7 2005, 10:49 AM']And I'm sure no other President or Vice President has ever done that.    :crazy:
[right][post="111537"][/post][/right][/quote]

Did any part of my statement sound partisan to you???

What makes you think I was making a personal statement against [b]THIS[/b] administration??

Please elaborate.......

[quote name='Lucid' date='Jul 7 2005, 10:52 AM']Did any part of my statement sound partisan to you???

What makes you think I was making a personal statement against [b]THIS[/b] administration??

Please elaborate.......
[right][post="111538"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Sorry if I made an incorrect assumption about your motives. But I'm sure others on this board would have had those motives.

[quote name='sean' date='Jul 7 2005, 09:50 AM']Hazard pay. We you join the Army you give your life to the country. Haliburton employees get paid more becauase it's not technically their job to put their life on the line.
[right][post="111507"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Maybee some, but its pretty normal to get out of the Army and do the exact same job for more pay.

[quote name='Lucid' date='Jul 7 2005, 10:38 AM']Sure..

and

You're right...

:crazy:   :crazy:
[right][post="111530"][/post][/right][/quote]

Not the case, you still have all those in congress that arent on the take with that paticular company ect and would vote it down in favor of theirs, so "being on the take" as you imply wouldnt work at all.

Guest steggyD
[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Jul 7 2005, 12:26 PM']Maybee some, but its pretty normal to get out of the Army and do the exact same job for more pay.
[right][post="111566"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Yeah, that's a no-brainer. Aviation elctricians in the military bring home bacon bits. Aviation electricians in the civilian world bring home hogs. How is this legal also, Bengal Smoov. Of course they make more money in the civilian sector, that's why most people get something, such as training out of the military and take it with them to make more money.

[quote name='steggyD' date='Jul 7 2005, 12:32 PM']Yeah, that's a no-brainer. Aviation elctricians in the military bring home bacon bits. Aviation electricians in the civilian world bring home hogs. How is this legal also, Bengal Smoov. Of course they make more money in the civilian sector, that's why most people get something, such as training out of the military and take it with them to make more money.
[right][post="111568"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I know my dad is doing the exact same job he was when he was in, and by exact I mean same hospital and everything, and is making more money than when he was in.

Haliburton was getting all the logistics bids under the Clinton administration too. They are the company that can do the job, plain and simple. Spin it from there if you want, youre just wasting time.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Jul 7 2005, 12:32 PM']Not the case, you still have all those in congress that arent on the take with that paticular company ect and would vote it down in favor of theirs, so "being on the take" as you imply wouldnt work at all.
[right][post="111567"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I will resist the temptation to think you are naive, because you don't normally seem so...

But I think you have some things to learn about politics.... This is where "Pork Belly projects" come in...

Heard of scratch my back and I'll scratch yours??? This is how things get done in washington... Vote for my bill, and I'll get something doe for you in your state, make your constituants happy, so you'll be reelected.

Do you really [b]HONESTLY[/b] think that legislaters just vote for bills they believe in?

I think Halliburton's ties to our executive branch are too close...I'd much rather we contracted the job out to the French and German companies that bid on it...I mean, shouldn't we reward those countries financially for helping us out so much in the Iraq war?
;)

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Jul 7 2005, 07:19 PM']I think Halliburton's ties to our executive branch are too close...I'd much rather we contracted the job out to the French and German companies that bid on it...I mean, shouldn't we reward those countries financially for helping us out so much in the Iraq war?
;)
[right][post="111772"][/post][/right][/quote]

I definately think that it would be helpful as well if we took some of that money going to Haliburton and used it to pay Iraqi's to rebuild thier own country.

This would provide them an economic infusion of jobs and money, rebuild infrastructure, and make them feel proud of the rebuilding because [b]they[/b] are rebuilding thier country, and not some foriegn super Corp...

However, there are definately some things that a large US company would do better (like services for military personel).

[quote name='Storm' date='Jul 7 2005, 07:28 PM']John Kerry has stock in Halibuton
[right][post="111781"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Sure he's a politician...

You partisan lackeys are amusing.

[quote name='Lucid' date='Jul 7 2005, 07:11 PM']I will resist the temptation to think you are naive, because you don't normally seem so...

But I think you have some things to learn about politics.... This is where "Pork Belly projects" come in...

Heard of scratch my back and I'll scratch yours??? This is how things get done in washington... Vote for my bill, and I'll get something doe for you in your state, make your constituants happy, so you'll be reelected.

Do you really [b]HONESTLY[/b] think that legislaters just vote for bills they believe in?
[right][post="111770"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I think you miss my point, most things are done contract wise and not by the goverment itself.

Lets say Sen. McCain was being paid by the Post Whore Company under the table to get a contract.

When a contract is discussed the thing goes through a process of awarding it with several companies making a bid. If the goverment awards the contract to the Post Whore company and I have an idea that Sen. McCain played a part in that, My Company, The Post Slutt company, has the right to protest it and in turn if I can prove that Sen. McCain played a part in the win, then it goes up for rebid and Sen. McCain does some jail time, and his company is bared from making bids on goverment contracts for a certin peroid of time.

Buying off can happen but its not as easy as you may think.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Jul 7 2005, 07:33 PM']I think you miss my point, most things are done contract wise and not by the goverment itself.

Lets say Sen. McCain was being paid by the Post Whore Company under the table to get a contract.

When a contract is discussed the thing goes through a process of awarding it with several companies making a bid. If the goverment awards the contract to the Post Whore company and I have an idea that Sen. McCain played a part in that,  My Company, The Post Slutt company, has the right to protest it and in turn if I can prove that Sen. McCain played a part in the win, then it goes up for rebid and Sen. McCain does some jail time, and his company is bared from making bids on goverment contracts for a certin peroid of time.

Buying off can happen but its not as easy as you may think.
[right][post="111786"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[b]EXCEPT[/b] the Iraq contract was NOT AN OPEN BID... I repeat, THERE WAS NO BIDDING ON THE IRAQI CONTRACT.. It was simply awarded to Haliburton.

That is a big part of the debate. It shouldn't be done that way.

Also, I didn't say that collusion was EASY. I said it was naive to think it doesn't occur.

Hell, it's built into the system. People are people, and with people you can be sure of 2 things.

Everyone has an agenda. Everyone looks out for #1.

Archived