Flag Football

Tigris

• 3 weeks later...
We played Saturday... came down to a two point conversion. They failed and we won 20-18. The good news is we played BAD and still won. Hopefully we're not a bad team and it was just a bad day. A few of us are changing positions to compensate for some crappy play...

Stats:

Akili

3 tackles (one diving)
1 sack

-------------------------------

Tigris

2/4, sacked once
1 run
2 catches
1 receiving TD
2 tackles
3 penalties

We rushed well. Tons of pressure but we need the guys behind us to play better so I'm switching from DL to LB. We're getting back another DL guy this weekend so it should work out well. Akili is shooting for 5 sacks this weekend.

Big win this week 52-14. They were short a guy, playing 7 on 8 and then their QB ruptured his Achilles' tendon and we played 6 on 8. They weren't beating us regardless as it was more less a practice game. I'll post us some stats in a minute.

their QB ruptured his Achilles' tendon

Harsh.  When it happens to an NFL player they're getting an MRI right there in the stadium and then off to see a world-renowned surgeon, followed by cutting edge PT, running in a whirlpool and all that good stuff.  This poor dude was probably looking around for a cooler that still had some ice that hadn't melted yet..

Harsh.  When it happens to an NFL player they're getting an MRI right there in the stadium and then off to see a world-renowned surgeon, followed by cutting edge PT, running in a whirlpool and all that good stuff.  This poor dude was probably looking around for a cooler that still had some ice that hadn't melted yet..

He ruptured the other one in 2010 so at least he knows what's in store for him. He walked off crying. I called the guy after the game and he still sounded like he'd been crying. He called me once he made it back home and he was better about it. He just loves playing... I think not being able to compete was what hurt the most. He said as soon as it happened, he knew exactly what it was since he's done it before to the other one. He's a big guy, every bit of 250 and probably maybe 6'0". He probably weighs more than that... hard to tell.

Anyway, yes, horrible situation. His team was finished before he left, but totally lost after he was gone. Hopefully he can come back and play next year. He also has knee issues. Dude has to drop some weight or he's going to keep falling apart.

Before I post this, Akili is right. If pressures were kept, the DL would have like 40... but those would be difficult to keep and although we greatly appreciate our stat keeper, she is still learning the game. Also, the DL are the most selfish, most important players. They get rare glory but their relentless rush is what causes all the incompletions and INTs. I use to be down there with them but felt I had to make the switch for another guy we have who is a good rusher. Anyway...

Akili -

Offense:

3 catches
1 TD

Defense:

1 tackle
1 sack

-------------------------------

Tigris:

Offense:

4/5 passing
1 INT
2 catches
1 TD

Defense:

8 tackles
1 pass deflection
2 INTs
1 TD return

Not in my FF league last year...

:glare:

Don't they count in real NFL player stats?

We killed em today. 8 on 7 again. After 3 quick TDs they asked for us to give them a player. Instead, we took a guy out and went 7 on 7. It ended up 51-18 or something like that.

Stats coming soon. Team is 3-0 and play a team who was one game from the championship last year. I don't know their record.

Week 3

Tigris:

Offense

5 catches, 3 TDs

Defense

5 tackles, 1 pass deflection

Akili

Defense:

3 tackles, 1 sack

Offensively our team only had 16 plays today. As a team we had 5 receiving TDs and a rushing TD. Offense may have been on the field for a total of 5 minutes. Big play after big play. Craziness.

On Saturday we play a pretty decent team. We'll find out how good we really are in a couple days. We're battling injuries and work for sure... buncha' old guys still trying to ball.

And something funny.... I wake up last Saturday morning with a video on my phone. It's the pre-fight speech from the movie 300... from Akili. Hahahaha. Well, I think it was Akili who sent it.

Akili -

Defense:

4 sacks
1 non sack tackle

Is that right???

Tigris -

Defense:

7 tackles

Offense:

5 catches (one catch from a double pass in which I turned it into a stupid throw that got picked. perhaps it shouldn't count?)
1 rushing XP
4/5 passing
1 passing XP
1 TD pass
1 INT thrown
1 pass deflection

Akili got my defensive MVP vote today. I believe everyone agreed.

My pass deflection belongs up there on defense...

I think Akili is getting cheated out of tackles because we're not sure how many sacks count as tackles but these are approximate floor numbers (worst as they get)....

Defensively he's at 9 tackles and 7 sacks (so really maybe 16 tackles and 7 sacks?). Offensively he's at 3 catches and 1 receiving TD. Although the lineman can catch, in our system they don't catch very much. Plus, he's our best rusher and we need him to catch his wind for defense. Last year I was a rusher and was the exact same way. I only finished with like 5 catches all year. Can't play offense when you're doing 10-15 yard sprints 30 times a game defensively.

Defensively I'm at 22 tackles, 2 INTs, 3 PDs, 1 defensive TD. I should be leading the team in tackles because I play what we call standing backer. They're one of your tackling machines... well, supposed to be anyway. Offensively my stats are different than the normal player. I'm the backup QB but usually I'm at WR. Might get some time down at OL this week; really depends who all we have and how a couple things pan out. Offensively I'm at 10/14 passing with 1 TD pass and 2 INTs thrown and 2 rushes for I think around 10 total yards (we don't keep yards but I remember my rushes). 14 catches, 5 receiving TDs. Again, stats aren't perfect... these are approximates.

We have three regular season games left and then 3 rounds of playoffs as long as we advance. 4-0 as of now and if I were a betting man I would put $100 on us this weekend regardless of the point spread. I don't know the team's record we are playing but we match up extremely well.

Archived