Flag Football

Tigris

We start again on March 16th to the end of May. Games are on Saturdays, anywhere from 8am-1pm. It's a non contact league (basically shadow block, which sucks, but that's the way it is), 8v8, everyone eligible. We have a full team but am looking to add some speed. The games are played in Xenia, OH.

Anyone interested?

Disclaimer:

Gotta' be good, fast, quick, and smart. The team is loaded and built around speed, but I need one more guy for defense (safety or blitzer) and we're ready to go. It's a competitive team.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1359031386' post='1210528']

a cop who needs to lose weight... :ninja:
[/quote]
Not bad weight... I've been doing nothing but power lifting for 3 years. 5'6 185.

I chased down an armed robbery suspect last night and tased him. I'm the only one who could scale the fence to where he was though hahaha

Last fall it was at the Nazarene church... maybe off W 2nd Street??? It's beside some big red barn behind the church. I think this spring it's at the Athletes in Action field... which I believe is the real nice field that you can see from I-35. I guess it's turf (at least that's what someone told me)? I don't know much about the area or their rec areas. I just now started playing there. It's WAY better than paying in Columbus. Minimal fights, not too much smack talk, ran well... though the officiating/rules needs a couple changes, and I think they will after we take advantage of it here in a couple months (2 forward passes allowed if first pass is not beyond the LOS and defenders have to line up 5 yards off the ball). In the championship last year, the team we played was awesome. I was chasing their QB all game long. As soon as I touched that flag, the ball left his hand every. single. time. I started pulling it anyway afterwards... it was a good time. I never played a game, where in game, we could joke around but still goes 100% trying to kill the other team. It was very sporting... really made me want to come back again. I guess I am use to playing in the Columbus' ghetto and getting nailed in the back of the head when the ball is on the other side of the field.

You quick, side to side? If you're a good rusher (remember, it's non contact - you can't bull rush these guys AT ALL), you could go down to DL and I could go back to safety. We have a sheriff on our team too... but he likes to text us while he's tailing us in town. You'd be in good company.

Edit: Maybe he's a sheriff's "deputy"? Heck, I don't know. He has a car with lights, a badge, and a gun.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1359031816' post='1210530']
Not bad weight... I've been doing nothing but power lifting for 3 years. 5'6 185.

[b]I chased down an armed robbery suspect last night and tased him[/b]. I'm the only one who could scale the fence to where he was though hahaha
[/quote]

Tell the story.

Would you believe I played in that same league last fall? I was on the shitty team with no qb.

I'm not as quick as I could be. I literally never run. If I do this I will and also stretch more. I do a lot of explosion type exercises now. Also starting paleo in March when I change shifts.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1359039049' post='1210552']

Tell the story.
[/quote]
I'm hanging out in my neck of the woods when I hear Miami twp say they are chasing a robbery suspect on foot behind menards. I point that way in case he bolts across 675. As I get on 675 they say he's crossing it. I get to where they are in take off running in his direction. When I get on other side of median I see him running through a field. I run past a few other cops and jump a 4 foot fence. Eventually I catch him and hit him with the taser. After we get him hooked we found a fucking loaded revolver he was lying on.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1359041547' post='1210565']
Would you believe I played in that same league last fall? I was on the shitty team with no qb.

I'm not as quick as I could be. I literally never run. If I do this I will and also stretch more. I do a lot of explosion type exercises now. Also starting paleo in March when I change shifts.
[/quote]

Dude, what team were you on? There was plenty of teams without QBs. I was on the yellow team WITHOUT a QB either but me, my brother, and my two friends carried us to the championship through defense. We won the final game of the regular season to get the #1 seed against the black team. They had the tall black dude who ran like a gazelle at QB (because their real QB tore his labrum and separated his shoulder). I shit you not, I sacked him 14 times that game. My brother and I and another dude each returned picked sixes to win the game too. We only won by one score too; our offense was a joke). I broke off and got my normal team in it this year as Greg (the dude who runs it) gave my # to a guy and he added me on his team as an extra I assume.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1359042041' post='1210569']
I'm hanging out in my neck of the woods when I hear Miami twp say they are chasing a robbery suspect on foot behind menards. I point that way in case he bolts across 675. As I get on 675 they say he's crossing it. I get to where they are in take off running in his direction. When I get on other side of median I see him running through a field. I run past a few other cops and jump a 4 foot fence. Eventually I catch him and hit him with the taser. After we get him hooked we found a fucking loaded revolver he was lying on.
[/quote]

Damn. Did he see you coming? I wonder if he has any intention of using it or if he was just playing bad guy.

My two friends were walking down the street either on or right off campus at OSU and one started punching the mirrors off cars like a dumb ass (they've grown up now, I swear. they're both even in the military). Well, all of a sudden a helicopter spots them with a light and they take off. One of them gets taken down fairly quickly but my other friend made it a couple blocks... he said he was scared and tired so he slowed down. He said he just looked up at the light from the helicopter and all of a sudden he just got office linebacker'd into the pavement.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1359042061' post='1210570']

Dude, what team were you on? There was plenty of teams without QBs. I was on the yellow team WITHOUT a QB either but me, my brother, and my two friends carried us to the championship through defense. We won the final game of the regular season to get the #1 seed against the black team. They had the tall black dude who ran like a gazelle at QB (because their real QB tore his labrum and separated his shoulder). I shit you not, I sacked him 14 times that game. My brother and I and another dude each returned picked sixes to win the game too. We only won by one score too; our offense was a joke). I broke off and got my normal team in it this year as Greg (the dude who runs it) gave my # to a guy and he added me on his team as an extra I assume.
[/quote]
The blue team. No idea what our name was. We had a bunch of idiots who never showed up or followed plays. We had the NFL guy on the team.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1359042318' post='1210571']

Damn. Did he see you coming? I wonder if he has any intention of using it or if he was just playing bad guy.

My two friends were walking down the street either on or right off campus at OSU and one started punching the mirrors off cars like a dumb ass (they've grown up now, I swear. they're both even in the military). Well, all of a sudden a helicopter spots them with a light and they take off. One of them gets taken down fairly quickly but my other friend made it a couple blocks... he said he was scared and tired so he slowed down. He said he just looked up at the light from the helicopter and all of a sudden he just got office linebacker'd into the pavement.
[/quote]
I was behind him. Don't think he saw me. He had robbed a gas station at gun point earlier in the evening. If he pulled the gun out that mf would be dead!

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1359042368' post='1210572']
The blue team. No idea what our name was. We had a bunch of idiots who never showed up or followed plays. We had the NFL guy on the team.
[/quote]

Brandon Harrison?

You ever shot anyone or shot at anyone yet?

We played you guys. I was one of the blitzers. I think my shirt read #8. The Brandon guy cannot throw very well but he had some moves for being 220ish or whatever he weighs. The first play of the game he pump faked and got me in the air and left me... I didn't know he could move like that. I didn't sack him at all, but I was on his six all game long... tons of questionable throws. You guys were super talented but couldn't put it together. The guy that kept going in motion and would get direct snaps... that guy was FAST. But then you'd switch up QBs in the middle of the game and put the Harrison guy out at WR. Well, that kind of tips off where the ball is trying to go. I can't remember if it was the guy that went into motion a lot or someone else, but I remember watching you guys and one guy actually quit because he wasn't happy with the way the game was playing out. He didn't get the ball or something and was pouting on the water table deal they set up for us.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1359043222' post='1210579']
We played you guys. I was one of the blitzers. I think my shirt read #8. The Brandon guy cannot throw very well but he had some moves for being 220ish or whatever he weighs. The first play of the game he pump faked and got me in the area and left me... I didn't know he could move like that. I didn't sack him at all, but I was on his six all game long... tons of questionable throws. You guys were super talented but couldn't put it together. The guy that kept going in motion and would get direct snaps... that guy was FAST. But then you'd switch up QBs in the middle of the game and put the Harrison guy out at WR. Well, that kind of tips off where the ball is trying to go. I can't remember if it was the guy that went into motion a lot or someone else, but I remember watching you guys and one guy actually quit because he wasn't happy with the way the game was playing out. He didn't get the ball or something and was pouting on the water table deal they set up for us.
[/quote]
It was ridiculous. Too many thugs. I was #17 dlineman. Had 2 sacks that game.

Played QB and FS all my life.....if you really need someone I'm down in Cincy but could drive up on occassion. I'm decent but meet the criteria you have for your team. Our team down in Cincy lost in the championships last year. I swear the other team had Michael Vick at QB. Looked and played just like him, even left handed. They even called him Vick. The year before that I played in a league where Jared Lorenzen was one team's QB and the TE from Highlands HS who was on the Bengals PS shortly also played in that league...Derek something. Smith maybe?

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1359041547' post='1210565']

I'm not as quick as I could be. I literally never run. If I do this I will and also stretch more. I do a lot of explosion type exercises now. [color=#ff0000]Also starting paleo in March when I change shifts.[/color]
[/quote]

If you have questions, hit me up.

[quote name='Khatmandude' timestamp='1359044063' post='1210583']
Played QB and FS all my life.....if you really need someone I'm down in Cincy but could drive up on occassion. I'm decent but meet the criteria you have for your team. Our team down in Cincy lost in the championships last year. I swear the other team had Michael Vick at QB. Looked and played just like him, even left handed. They even called him Vick. The year before that I played in a league where Jared Lorenzen was one team's QB and the TE from Highlands HS who was on the Bengals PS shortly also played in that league...Derek something. Smith maybe?
[/quote]

I played with a guy who got a football scholarship to MN as an athlete in a league in Columbus (the ghetto league). He supposedly dropped out right after attending. The dude was amazing. He was so fun to play against. Kind of lets you measure yourself up and see how far you are from being able to get looks, get a scholarship, etc.

Nathan Williams, from OSU, played in a game with us once in the same league. Dude was only 18 at the time but was still a monster. Big, fast... basically impossible to stop.

We have two 1st Team All Ohio guys on our team now. One got it as a punter (one of our blitzers) and the other as a WR (our QB). Punter played DII or III but the WR decided not to play college ball. I think he was on the same All-Ohio team as Mario Manningham.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1359044106' post='1210585']
Yep but you guys had a fucking wall for an olije to get past without running into!!!
[/quote]

Tiz was one of them, big guy who was also fast for his size. He set the DII sack record for a DT I guess at Wilmington. The center, big black round dude... I really liked him; nice guy but I can't remember his name. And then there was Gary, short white guy; guessing he never played very much. Nice guy... just wasn't an athlete.

[quote name='Khatmandude' timestamp='1359044150' post='1210586']
Ha...just read the thread. Looks like akiliMVP is a good fit for the team. Good luck. Akili, be careful Tigris likes to go to gay establishments on occasion.
[/quote]

I'm also the backup center.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1359046733' post='1210592']
Not to sound weird, Akili, but do you have giant legs and wear the shorts that stop above the knee? Do you shave your head down really low, maybe a flat top? Are you really fair skinned?

I'm trying to narrow this down.
[/quote]
Was another deputy. I'm the same except not as giant legs and no short shorts. I'm a lot quicker too.

Archived