OK Guys....I'm having CD-R/RW Problems.

On one of our older computers we have a Samsung SW-252S CD-R/RW. It will not burn cd's. It instructs me to put a blank cd in. I put the cd in and it is still telling me to put it in, like it's not seeing it or something. I put a cd in that already had songs on it just to see what it would do. It recognized that the cd was full and stated so. I have tried several blank cds and no luck. Could this be an outdated driver issue?

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Portable-External-SE-218BB-RSBS/dp/B008AJLPYS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1369088635&sr=8-2&keywords=usb+cd+writer

there is a portable samsung for $32...

as for your original question, probably not drivers since the drive is reconized, if the pc didnt see the drive at all, drivers make sense, but it sees it and tries to work, just wont read disks... could be the laser eye inside is hella dirty or gone bad..

Uh, yeah.  The most recent firmware for that unit is from 2005

I would take Go's recommendation and replace it.  The lens might be dirty, but chances are better that the laser is shot.

Though if the firmware you have on there is from 2004 you have nothing to lose from installing the newer one... 

Uh, yeah.  The most recent firmware for that unit is from 2005

I would take Go's recommendation and replace it.  The lens might be dirty, but chances are better that the laser is shot.

Though if the firmware you have on there is from 2004 you have nothing to lose from installing the newer one... 

man, 2004, i didnt have any kids and slept past 8am back then...

LOL.....I told you it was old.

Thanks Old and Elf. I always take your guys advice and I'm going to this time as well.

We have other puters we can burn CD's and DVD's on. I was just curious how I could get this one back up to speed.

Thanks again.

Archived