!!!THE BENGALS @ COWBOYS PRESEASON GAME THREAD!!!

I thought the clock management at game end was poor. Should have used the remaining timeouts before the 2 minute warning. Should have challenged the catch by Green in the endzone. Nightmare game for Kirkpatrick. Way too many turnovers. Defense was night and day without and with Geno. Pay the man!

Gio looked sharp. Not sure if Whalen or Hamilton helped themselves. Tate and Sanzenbacher did. Jones didn't. Fragel should clear waivers if we want him on the practice squad. Still was better vs pass than run. Thompson looked good. 

Shorter version: defense needs to tackle better and cause some turnovers. Offense needs to turn it over less.

The other silver lining was the coaches got valuable snaps for a lot of their 2nd team players, or guys who will regularly be rotating in with the 1s to give them breathers, or when a guy gets dinged.  If you think about it, they haven't played against first teamers much yet.  What a better time to get them around that learning curve?  Yeah, some guys got exposed a little, but other than Dre, I didn't see guys screwing up who are going to get significant snaps.

And the Marvin Jones haters?  Child please.  AJ Green fumbles too.  It happens. Get over it. Move on.

I noticed Marvin had that white sleeve on when he fumbled, and played the rest of the game w/o it.

Brandon Thompson looked good to me. Very quick off the snap and very strong. I like how close he lines up to the ball.

Agreed, he got good penetration on most snaps. There was a stretch in the 2nd half where they ran it consecutively to the same side. After a tv timeout or something Thompson lined up on the other side of the ball and they stopped the next run dead, I think they were running away from him. There were some encouraging moments in between the ugly plays and he was one of them.

Archived