!!!THE COLTS @ BENGALS PRESEASON GAME THREAD!!!

What's your record in game day starter threads? Hurry

I dunno, but I think Old's up to something.  I actually just checked and the last two I've made were both Colts/Bengals preseason games.  Weird (though I feel like I've made more since then, but maybe I'm thinking draft pick ones).

I dunno, but I think Old's up to something.  I actually just checked and the last two I've made were both Colts/Bengals preseason games.  Weird (though I feel like I've made more since then, but maybe I'm thinking draft pick ones).

:lol:

I am so so so excited to see the battle for backup QB tonight.

#Bengals Andy Dalton and #Colts Andrew Luck warming up at the moment. Might be as hard as they have to work all night.

GAME: Indianapolis Colts at Cincinnati Bengals
DATE: Thursday, August 26, 2013
TIME: Kickoff at 7 p.m. (ET)
TELEVISION: Game will be on tape delay, presented at 11:35 p.m. (Ch. 12) in Cincinnati and 11:00 p.m. (Ch. 45) in Dayton. The game will air live in Columbus (Ch. 6), Lima (Ch. 35) and Louisville (Ch. 41). .
TELEVISION BROADCASTERS: Brad Johansen (play-by-play), Anthony Munoz (analyst), and Mike Valpredo (sideline)
RADIO: Bengals Radio Network. WLW-AM (700), WCKY-AM (ESPN 1530) and WEBN-FM (102.7)
BROADCASTERS: Dan Hoard (play-by-play) and Dave Lapham (analyst)
ON-LINE STREAMING: NFL.com offers Preseason Live for out-of-market audiences. There are other options that we're not really allowed to talk about (but that doesn't mean you can't). 
NFL NETWORK REPLAY: Coming...

ALL-TIME SERIES: Since '92, the Bengals and Colts have played in the preseason every year except for one ('00) with the Bengals holding a 13-8 preseason advantage (6-4 at home).

Since head coach Marvin Lewis was hired in '03, the annual game was traditionally scheduled as the final preseason game of the year. Which makes sense. The distance between Indianapolis and Cincinnati (110 miles) is the shortest distance between two AFC teams in the NFL, along interstate 74. The second closest geographical rivalry is 137 miles between Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

The Bengals and Colts will meet again in week 14 (Dec. 8) at Paul Brown Stadium, resuming a regular season rivalry dominated by Indianapolis, 17-9 -- Colts lead the regular season rivalry 16-9 and the Baltimore Colts beat the visiting Bengals 17-0 during the postseason in '70.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2013/8/29/4671372/colts-at-bengals-2013-game-time-tv-schedule-streaming-nfln-replay

glad eifert is playing.

#bengals inactives: Hawkins, Ghee, Scott, Kirkpatrick, A.Smith, Whitworth, Dunlap

Collins expected to start for Whitworth, Roland for Smith, Geathers for Dunlap

As noted in today's story, expect the first units to be in for only a series. Two tops

It's hard to think of the Colts in a bad light. They are always just kind of there. Even with the close proximity to Cincinnati, there is no real rivalry between the two teams. They come here, the fans show up in RV's and are home in time for 60 minutes on Sunday's.

The problem with the Colts (and their fans) is they have lucked into two outstanding quarterback situations and for that reason think they are far superior to every other team. Andrew Luck currently plays his home games in the stadium that Peyton Manning built. Before that the Colts played in a bubble.

Although he is no longer running the team I felt the need to talk about Bill Polian. In his first year running the team he was faced with a decision on who to take number one in the draft. There was a no brainer quarterback in that draft named Peyton Manning. Is it strange that the same season Manning did not play for the Colts they tanked and Polian was fired?

When Polian was recently asked about the Aaron Hernandez situation he had the following to say:

"We were not in the Hernandez business..."

OK, good answer. Except this is the guy that drafted Rae Carruth. He didn't draft Marvin Harrison but he did foster an environment where Harrison felt the need to fire guns into a busy street after a fight.

Back on topic:

Quarterback

Andrew Luck Vs. Andy Dalton

Your quick reaction is to crown Luck as the winner in this derby. Hold your horses...(Horses - Colts, see what I did there?) Andrew Luck threw 18 interceptions last season. That is good for third in the NFL behind Drew Brees and Tony Romo. He also completed less than 55% of his passes and held a passer rating of 76.5.

But WhoDeyFans, he did take his team to the playoffs. Sure, so did Colin KaepernickRussell Wilson and Andy Dalton. Sorry I think Luck still has a lot to prove and I am not certain the Colts are going to the playoffs this season.

Edge: Bengals

Wide Receiver

Reggie Wayne Vs. A.J. Green

You would have to make a good argument for me to change my stance that A.J. Green is the best receiver in the NFL. A 13 year vet in Reggie Wayne can not hold a candle to the ability of Green and this shouldn't even have been brought up as a battle. Sorry for wasting your time.

Edge: Bengals

Better Fresh Haircut

Reggie Nelson Vs. Kerwynn Williams

reggie_nelson_medium.jpg

williams_kerwynn_medium.jpg

Who is Kerwynn Williams you ask? He is the guy with the orange flat top keeping it real. Williams was a 7th round draft pick that knows the most important thing is always looking your best. Reggie puts up a good fight when he attempts to somehow balance all those braids on the top of his head, but this battle goes to the young Colts running back.

Edge: Colts

More Scary Shirtless

James-Harrison_medium.jpg laron-landry_medium.jpeg

It is tough to find a really good picture of James Harrison's muscles. I think even Camera's are scared to be exposed to Harrison that long. As scary as Harrison is I present to you Laron Landry. This guy is a safety and looks like the definition of "Swole".

He almost wins this battle but when digging deeper I can assure you this won't happen to Harrison:

Edge: Bengals

Cheerleader Battle

Keri Lynn

HOMETOWN: Cincinnati, OH

BIRTHDAY: August 7

EDUCATION INFO: BFA in Dance from Ohio University

kerilynn_medium.jpg

Erin

Favorite Book: The Great Gatsby

Favorite Movie: Bridesmaids

Favorite thing about Indy: The Colts and the people here

Favorite Phone App: Instagram

Favorite Workout: HIIT or TRX

erin-b_medium.jpg

Edge: I think we all are starting to win these battles.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2013/8/29/4673062/tale-of-the-tape-bengals-vs-colts

Ghee has missed the last three preseason games, yet nearly everyone has him making the final 53 man roster. Is his play in practice so dominating that it makes up for the fact he can't be evaluated in actual games? I don't know what's going on here...

Ghee has missed the last three preseason games, yet nearly everyone has him making the final 53 man roster. Is his play in practice so dominating that it makes up for the fact he can't be evaluated in actual games? I don't know what's going on here...

I think he'll make it due to numbers.  Prater and Lewis-Harris haven't exactly shown they deserve the spot more than he does.

They'll keep at least 5 CB's, if not 6, and he's easily one of the top 5 on the roster.

Thanks for the links to watch my fellow Bengal Brothers!!!  I thought for sure it'd be televised on one of the

Lexington channels!!   Jackasses!!!   

:icon15:  :icon15:  :icon15:  :icon15:  :icon15:  :icon15:  :icon15:  :icon15:  :icon15:  :icon15:

:bek081:  :bek081:  :bek081:  :bek081:  :bek081:  :bek081:  :bek081:  :bek081:  :bek081:  :bek081:  :bek081:  :bek081:  :bek081:  :bek081:  :bek081:  :bek081:

:gobengals:  :gobengals:  :gobengals:  :gobengals:  :gobengals:  :gobengals:  :gobengals:  :gobengals:  :gobengals:

:steelerssuck:  :steelerssuck:  :steelerssuck:  :steelerssuck:  :steelerssuck:  :steelerssuck:  :steelerssuck:  :steelerssuck:  :steelerssuck:  :steelerssuck:  :steelerssuck:  :steelerssuck:

Just threw that in there for the helluva it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pissing: COLTS!   :pissing: COLTS!   :pissing: COLTS!  :pissing: COLTS!  :pissing: COLTS!  :pissing: COLTS!!

The Bengals made it official 90 minutes before Thursday night's preseason finale against the Colts at Paul Brown Stadium and shelved left tackle Andrew Whitworth and left end Carlos Dunlap. That means if they do play in the Sept. 8 opener in Chicago they'll do it without playing a snap in a preseason game.

Their replacements, Anthony Collins on offense and Robert Geathers on defense, and the rest of the starters aren't expected to play more than a series with final cuts slated for Saturday by 6 p.m.

If Whitworth's status for the Bears isn't clear, Dunlap's situation seems more defined. Dunlap (concussion) indicated he was full go in practice Tuesday, he's been on the field for the last couple of weeks, and it looks like he'll be set for Sept. 8.

Also shelved for the Colts was right tackle Andre Smith. Replaced by Dennis Roland, Smith tweaked his knee day five days ago in Atlanta and head coach Marvin Lewis has indicated he'll be ready for the opener.

Rookies Tanner Hawkinson at left and Reid Fragel at right are expected to get the bulk of the snaps at the tackles with Hawkinson figuring to be on the final 53 and Fragel on the bubble.

Cornerbacks Dre Kirkpatrick and Brandon Ghee, both fighting concussion symptoms, were also scratched.  They're thought to have a leg up in the roster scrum in the secondary, where the biggest questions appear to how many corners they keep and if Taylor Mays or Jeromy Miles makes it at safety. Second-year safetyGeorge Iloka hasn't played the last two games with a broken hand, but it's believed he'll be ready for the opener.

SAM linebacker James Harrison got the start on a night he was honored at his alma mater. Kent State planned to retire his No. 16 at the end of the first quarter of their opener against Liberty at Dix Stadium and giving a framed jersey to his parents, Mildred and James Harrison Sr.

Harrison becomes the fifth Kent State player to have his jersey retired, joining Jim Corrigall, fellow former Steeler Jack Lambert, Eric Wilkerson and Joshua Cribbs.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Whitworth-Dunlap-Andre-Smith-out-for-finale/85bd1712-d28f-4195-82ff-c3cec170d5be

Archived