Newman and Collins Back at Practice

Robinson looked pretty darn good vs Nata last week.

Ngata abused Robinson last week. I don't care much for PFF grades but they nailed Robinson big time. I only mention them because last night Lapham made a point to state that PFF let Robinson off easy and that he was dominated physically and struggled a lot. He also came close to two fumbled snaps.

Thankfully there's no NT left even close to Ngata's level, and hopefully robinson's athleticism will help against the smaller DTs.  Lapham talked about how Robinson simply doesn't have the power to line up over your power DT/NT's.  I do think his athleticism will help with the quicker DT's though, which is what gave Cook fits at times.  Cook is the power guy, Robinson is the athletic guy.  Hopefully Robinson and Dalton can get on the same level that Dalton and Cook were at setting protections and calling out blitzers.

Robinson looked pretty darn good vs Nata last week.

Not according to pro football focus, Lap and Hawk. Both Cook and Robinson relieved failing grades from pff and Robinson was handled last week per Lap/Hawk.

Lap/Hawk stated that the bengals best oline if a Cook cannot go would be with Polleck at center as he was originally drafted to be a center.

There was one run play shortly after Robinson came in where he got pushed 7-8 yards into the backfield and the play broke down.  Otherwise I didn't think he did poorly, but I didn't watch his play as close as these others commenting.  I think he's more than capable if Cook can't go though.

There was one run play shortly after Robinson came in where he got pushed 7-8 yards into the backfield and the play broke down.  Otherwise I didn't think he did poorly, but I didn't watch his play as close as these others commenting.  I think he's more than capable if Cook can't go though.

Absolutely, and the added reps with first team this week in practice will only help.  He played well last year in extended duty, no reason to believe he won't again. 

Ngata abused Robinson last week. I don't care much for PFF grades but they nailed Robinson big time. I only mention them because last night Lapham made a point to state that PFF let Robinson off easy and that he was dominated physically and struggled a lot. He also came close to two fumbled snaps.

Thankfully there's no NT left even close to Ngata's level, and hopefully robinson's athleticism will help against the smaller DTs.  Lapham talked about how Robinson simply doesn't have the power to line up over your power DT/NT's.  I do think his athleticism will help with the quicker DT's though, which is what gave Cook fits at times.  Cook is the power guy, Robinson is the athletic guy.  Hopefully Robinson and Dalton can get on the same level that Dalton and Cook were at setting protections and calling out blitzers.

Yikes I need to watch short cuts before I post. I just saw a couple of replays where they showed the middle open up and it seemed our offense started scoring when Rob came in

Yikes I need to watch short cuts before I post. I just saw a couple of replays where they showed the middle open up and it seemed our offense started scoring when Rob came in

He didn't play badly at all, he had a few plays, like the Gio run where Ngata knocked him back 5 yds but overall, Robinson played well for coming into the game cold and having had limited snaps during the practice week. 

Okay I gotta call Bullshit on the Ngata abusing statement. Just watched every snap. Not gonna say Rob played good. 3 or 4 times he got bull rushed way back. But his guy never got to Dalton. And in the running game he was solid. Plus he gets to the 2nd level on the Gio screens much better than Cook. Often is was Cody and he gives little effort imo as a DT.

Okay I gotta call Bullshit on the Ngata abusing statement. Just watched every snap. Not gonna say Rob played good. 3 or 4 times he got bull rushed way back. But his guy never got to Dalton. And in the running game he was solid. Plus he gets to the 2nd level on the Gio screens much better than Cook. Often is was Cody and he gives little effort imo as a DT.

true his guys never got to Dalton, so "abused" may be a bit strong, but he did struggle a lot, and the low snaps are worrisome if bad weather is an issue tomorrow.  

He got pushed around alot by Baltimore's interior, but Baltimore's interior is likely better than any Dline they'll see before the Super Bowl.  Hopefully Robinson's athleticism helps in getting him to the second level for some bigger runs.

Lapham said the Bengals should go with their best offensive line group if Cook is unable to go.

Collins-Whit-Pollak-Zeitler-Andre

He said that Indy drafted Pollak to be their Center of the future after Jeff Saturday left but saw quickly how well he played at guard.  Lap was talking about how Robinson needs to be more physical and doesn't think he can change that in only a week's time.

Interesting that Lap thinks we would be better off with Pollak starting at center if Cook is a no go.

Lapham said the Bengals should go with their best offensive line group if Cook is unable to go.

Collins-Whit-Pollak-Zeitler-Andre

He said that Indy drafted Pollak to be their Center of the future after Jeff Saturday left but saw quickly how well he played at guard.  Lap was talking about how Robinson needs to be more physical and doesn't think he can change that in only a week's time.

Interesting that Lap thinks we would be better off with Pollak starting at center if Cook is a no go.

Doesn't sound like a bad idea. Interesting

Archived