Delmas and Burleson cut

MichaelWeston

burleson brings nothing to the table on this team.. he would be #4-5 at best... both sanu and jones are better than burleson...

Burleson would be the second wide receiver here. He is better than both Jones and Sanu but it is close and Burlrson is aging. Burlrson is ridiculously under rated. His numbers the last few years are excellent.

Burleson would be the second wide receiver here. He is better than both Jones and Sanu but it is close and Burlrson is aging. Burlrson is ridiculously under rated. His numbers the last few years are excellent.

I don't think so....Detroit sucks.....they are always behind and throw the ball a bazzillion times a game.... he has to have some numbers.....

I'd pass on Burleson.  We have plenty of talent at the WR position, young talent at that.  No need to dilute it

with age.  As far as Burleson being better than Jones?  Burleson is way past his peak.  Jones is only 23 and

hasn't even come close to peaking yet!  Besides, who would you cut to make room for Burleson?  I doubt

Burleson would be willing to play Special Teams.  Also, I think the league minimum for a vet with 10 plus years

is like $925,000.  That's a hell of a pay cut for someone that made like $5.5 million last year.  Not saying he'd have

to take the vet minimum here but still.  He may get paid yet, I just don't see it happening in Cincinnati.  

Delmas on the other hand, bad knees and all like you said, would probably be a slight upgrade over Crocker.

But the only reason Crocker was brought back was because of injuries during the season.  

I'd pass on Burleson.  We have plenty of talent at the WR position, young talent at that.  No need to dilute it

with age.  As far as Burleson being better than Jones?  Burleson is way past his peak.  Jones is only 23 and

hasn't even come close to peaking yet!  Besides, who would you cut to make room for Burleson?  I doubt

Burleson would be willing to play Special Teams.  Also, I think the league minimum for a vet with 10 plus years

is like $925,000.  That's a hell of a pay cut for someone that made like $5.5 million last year.  Not saying he'd have

to take the vet minimum here but still.  He may get paid yet, I just don't see it happening in Cincinnati.  

Delmas on the other hand, bad knees and all like you said, would probably be a slight upgrade over Crocker.

But the only reason Crocker was brought back was because of injuries during the season.  

We said this same thing a few years ago when Jerricho Cotchery became available. He would have been a great addition It's ok to sign a veteran and go into camp with too many guys at a position. Injuries are a fact in the nfl. I am not clamoring for Burleson but he is an immediate upgrade at #2 WR for us and helps the position in general. With that said, I think you are 100% correct on Special teams and that he wouldn't play it. And you would just cut Whalen if you had to. The one thing we don't have at the #2 WR spot is consistency and Burleson would provide that. I think Jones could as well. For the right price I think Burleson makes a ton of sense for an offseason. 

We said this same thing a few years ago when Jerricho Cotchery became available. He would have been a great addition It's ok to sign a veteran and go into camp with too many guys at a position. Injuries are a fact in the nfl. I am not clamoring for Burleson but he is an immediate upgrade at #2 WR for us and helps the position in general. With that said, I think you are 100% correct on Special teams and that he wouldn't play it. And you would just cut Whalen if you had to. The one thing we don't have at the #2 WR spot is consistency and Burleson would provide that. I think Jones could as well. For the right price I think Burleson makes a ton of sense for an offseason.

Burleson is not bad... There is something to be said for adding a guy who has been around awhile and having veteran savvy among a very youthful WR corps. No way he's as good as Marvin Jones, and you wonder how much he'd play because he won't give you much on STs. I was pimping Cotchery before the Stools picked him up because I thought he still had something. Burleson has had some injury issues but when healthy has been productive. A guy I'd consider for the right price would be Miles Austin of Dallas - he has had hamstring issues seemingly every year, but he can still run and get separation. He's got good size and could be very good in the slot. Very hard to bring down when he has the ball in his hands, and he likely won't be re-signed in Dallas.

No thanks on Delmas... Used to like him but injuries have limited him and he's not near the same guy he was.

Archived