Bad Movies that you love(d) as a kid

Probably the same feeling I had with Rocky Horror picture show. Fun when younger but fairly awful by todays standard. I'm just wondering, what movies today are going to be on this list in the future ?

I think visually, today's movies will hold up a lot better in the future than past movies hold up today.  There's such a dramatic difference between today's film quality and anything made more than 25-30 years ago.  I don't know how much better it will get in the future, but I can't imagine it will be as big of a leap in quality as we've seen over the last 30 years.  

As for what will hold up, I think comedies generally hold up well since they don't depend on the visuals as much, same with dramas.  Stuff like The Hangover, The Dark Knight, etc.  will likely hold up well.

You never know though.  The first time I watched Blade Runner was in 2011, and I thought it was dumb. It was groundbreaking for its time though.  Same with Tron.  

Things like Sound of Music and the Wizard of Oz hold up for their classic nature.

I think visually, today's movies will hold up a lot better in the future than past movies hold up today.  There's such a dramatic difference between today's film quality and anything made more than 25-30 years ago.  I don't know how much better it will get in the future, but I can't imagine it will be as big of a leap in quality as we've seen over the last 30 years.  

As for what will hold up, I think comedies generally hold up well since they don't depend on the visuals as much, same with dramas.  Stuff like The Hangover, The Dark Knight, etc.  will likely hold up well.

You never know though.  The first time I watched Blade Runner was in 2011, and I thought it was dumb. It was groundbreaking for its time though.  Same with Tron.  

Things like Sound of Music and the Wizard of Oz hold up for their classic nature.

One day, a movie will come out, kinda like a book I read once as a kid, where you get to make the movie yourself. There will be a pivotal point in the movie and you make the decision for the character.

Kill him or let him live? Escape through the window or stay and fight? Etc etc etc

I think that's the only way it could really "get better". It would also have to hook and stay around and who knows if that'll happen. I don't even know if I'd like it; I'm really just thinking outloud here.

One day, a movie will come out, kinda like a book I read once as a kid, where you get to make the movie yourself. There will be a pivotal point in the movie and you make the decision for the character.

Kill him or let him live? Escape through the window or stay and fight? Etc etc etc

I think that's the only way it could really "get better". It would also have to hook and stay around and who knows if that'll happen. I don't even know if I'd like it; I'm really just thinking outloud here.

25 years ago people said the same thing. 25 years before that they said the same thing. Movies will just keep improving. 

25 years ago people said the same thing. 25 years before that they said the same thing. Movies will just keep improving. 

That was my first thought but the special effects from even 1990 to now is insane. So that's about a 25 year turn. From an actual TV, how could it get better? The screen is what it is, it's a flat box. Now, if you get this concave (not the old TV screens) fixture that goes around you, engulfs you basically, and you're right in the middle of the action somehow where you can look left or right for different things, then that would be better, but is that TV? I would say that's virtual reality; without special glasses or headwear, we can't really put ourselves in the action. Our eyes can only do so much; we're human. On the screen, how can it get better? A high tech 4-D projection on a 5'x5'x5' space off your floor? Now that would be cool and if that's considered TV, that would be an improvement.

It wouldn't really be considered TV anymore IMO.

That was my first thought but the special effects from even 1990 to now is insane. So that's about a 25 year turn. From an actual TV, how could it get better? The screen is what it is, it's a flat box. Now, if you get this concave (not the old TV screens) fixture that goes around you, engulfs you basically, and you're right in the middle of the action somehow where you can look left or right for different things, then that would be better, but is that TV? I would say that's virtual reality; without special glasses or headwear, we can't really put ourselves in the action. Our eyes can only do so much; we're human. On the screen, how can it get better? A high tech 4-D projection on a 5'x5'x5' space off your floor? Now that would be cool and if that's considered TV, that would be an improvement.

It wouldn't really be considered TV anymore IMO.

and those are already starting, though not as extreme as you suggest...yet.

Samsung_Curved_TV_UHD-53.jpg

samsung-curve-us-3.jpg

Holy fuck, you did not just say Blade Runner is "dumb".

MInd blown.  That is one ot the best movies ever made.. IMO.. But it's gotta be the directors cut.  The theatrical release fucks the ending all to hell.

Archived