Bad Movies that you love(d) as a kid

We were trying to find something 'new' to watch the other night on netflix (or amazon) and my wife suggested we watch Escape from New York.  I hadn't seen it before and I'm not sure I would again.  I told her that I thought Ice Pirates was a better movie and I made her watch it last night.  I'm not sure either are particularly good, but it made me think about the movies I liked when I was a kid that probably suck (Ice Pirates, Beast Master).

Just wondering what those movies are for everyone else?

Arena... think that was the name of this one too. Armstrong was the character's name. He boxed Bull and a bunch of other alien things. There was a little rat guy, can't remember his name, that was working for the bad guy. As a kid it was the coolest thing ever. As an adult... just not very good.

If I liked a movie I would not consider it a bad movie.  However, judging off what a movie made at the box office I would say Vanishing Point ( 1971 ).  Fast cars, great music, and gratuitous female nudity.  Cleavon Little (Blazing Saddles) was the DJ called Super Soul who broadcasts words of wisdom from a small radio station ( John Amos was his engineer, Good Times, Roots, etc...).

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA4ymmXa8rs[/media]

Shit, the original Conan movie qualifies. Weird Science? History of the World Part I?

History of the World part 1 is awesome.  19th highest grossing film in 1981.  Multiple classic lines and scenes that are stuck in my head forever.

Weird Science might qualify.  Kelly LeBrock was freaking hot back in the day.  Until Steven Seagal tore that up...

Conan is not a bad movie...Weird Science - Yes. 

Real Genius....Top Secret?

Real Genius qualifies and came out within a few days of Weird Science.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGczXkknl80[/media]

Susan: Can you hammer a six-inch spike through a board with your penis?
Chris Knight: Not right now.
Susan: A girl's gotta have her standards

Tough to gauge 'bad', but these should rate:

Hawk The Slayer
Death Race 2000
Circle of Iron
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
The Last Starfighter
Streets of Fire

Is it bad that I don't know what any of these movies are?

:lol:

I keep forgetting that not everyone shared the same childhood....

Archived