Steelernation

[quote name='BrassBengal' date='Jul 20 2005, 05:10 PM']If Ben was to throw as much as Palmer he would look like Boller.....you guys were better off with Kordell.
[right][post="116632"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Ben was a caretaker last season. When he was forced to put the game on his shoulders and win the game later in the season, he was exposed. I believe he's overrated right now, but could end up being the pro that the kool aid drinking steeler fans think he is already. However, don't book your Greyhound bus ride to Canton just yet Steeler fans.

Guest Sluzilla
[quote name='BrassBengal' date='Jul 20 2005, 04:10 PM']If Ben was to throw as much as Palmer he would look like Boller.....you guys were better off with Kordell.[/quote]

LMAO...now THAT's an ignorant statement...

Guest Sluzilla
[quote name='ChicagoBengal' date='Jul 20 2005, 04:21 PM']Ben was a caretaker last season.  When he was forced to put the game on his shoulders and win the game later in the season, he was exposed.  I believe he's overrated right now, but could end up being the pro that the kool aid drinking steeler fans think he is already. However, don't book your Greyhound bus ride to Canton just yet Steeler fans.[/quote]

nobody's enshrined him yet...but here's an interesting stat...from nfl.com...

Ben
BEHIND BY 9-TO-16 POINTS QB Rating 117.9
BEHIND BY 1-TO-8 POINTS QB Rating 106.3

Carson
BEHIND BY 9-TO-16 POINTS QB Rating 71.5
BEHIND BY 1-TO-8 POINTS QB Rating 82.3

admittedly...Ben looked horrid in his first post-season...in his first year...but again...as a rookie he seems to perform better than Carson when behind...

[quote name='bengalrick']you guys can't see that you had one of the best oline's in the league last year,[/quote]

Umm, this could be the dumbest statement I've ever read. Steeler fans don't recognize how good our own O-line is? So is your bong a 3 or 6 footer?

[quote name='bengalrick']you guys don't have the line you had last year though[/quote]

Where did it go? Enlighten me. Please.

[quote name='bengalrick']we're still going to smoke you like a philly blunt...[/quote]

Shouldn't you at least win something before you make dumb claims like this?

I like the part when you mentioned that Ben hasn't proven anything. He was 14-0 as a starter in the regular season as a 22 year old kid. You're right. He hasn't proven a g-damned thing. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[quote name='Sluzilla' date='Jul 20 2005, 03:14 PM']QB Rating first year starting...
Ben 98.1
Carson 77.3

TDs/Ints
Ben 17/11
Carson 18/18

Comp %
Ben 66.4%
Carson 60.9%

Sacks
Ben 30
Carson 25

looks to be about the same pressure...

and all this with one year under Carson's belt...
Hines?...your guys probably don't know about playing with emotion...
this just shows you how little you actually know about the Steelers...El outperformed Burress in the 4-5 games he started in place of Plax...
again...laughable...3 returning probowl linemen...1 returning STARTING RG...and 1 rookie RT...who is arguable the best run blocker on the team...the only question is his pass blocking...
interesting how the overweight/expired/fatass RB averaged 3.99 yards per carry in games started compared to your young/healthy RB's 4.00 yards per carry...your running game must REALLY suck...
yeah...that 67.5 average QB rating and 1 to 1 average TD/INT ratio from Carson against the Steelers...as well as that average 67 yards receiving and 0.5 average TDs per game from Chad against the Steelers is threatening...
[right][post="116540"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

are you forgetting that big bennie was 16 in passing attempts in the AFC.. which is comprised of 16 teams mind you...

no one can or is argueing who had the better team last year, i remember WATCHING the playoffs from home, however one of the two QB's had to mature, one of them had to carry games on his back, one of them had to mount passing attacks to comeback and try to win games, and it wasnt ben, he is in the bottom 5 QB's in passing attempts and that includes ones that missed half season with injuries, QB switches mid season, etc.. he was asked to not single handidly lose games, and he did that, when he was asked to win one, he failed, palmer was put in much worse situations, everygame, with 15 players from the defense on season ending injured reserve, he was screwed, you cant deny the comeback win @ baltimore was a better QB performance than ben has ever had. both teams are 0-0 right now. see you in october.

[quote name='BrassBengal' date='Jul 20 2005, 05:10 PM']If Ben was to throw as much as Palmer he would look like Boller.....you guys were better off with Kordell.
[right][post="116632"][/post][/right][/quote]

[quote name='Sluzilla' date='Jul 20 2005, 07:09 PM']LMAO...now THAT's an ignorant statement...
[right][post="116657"][/post][/right][/quote]

Kordell lead you to a Super Bowl but it did take him what 4 tries. What did Ben do? He brought you to a AFC championship game and had an interception wait that was 3 interceptions!
You were better off with Kordell you will see again this year if you have to rely on Ben what he cant do. He reminds me of Bill Coward the guy who cant win the big games. How many years can he make steeler fans cry? Where is Noll at when you need him?

:D

Guest Sluzilla
[quote name='GoBengals' date='Jul 20 2005, 09:24 PM']are you forgetting that big bennie was 16 in passing attempts in the AFC.. which is comprised of 16 teams mind you...

no one can or is argueing who had the better team last year, i remember WATCHING the playoffs from home, however one of the two QB's had to mature, one of them had to carry games on his back, one of them had to mount passing attacks to comeback and try to win games, and it wasnt ben, he is in the bottom 5 QB's in passing attempts and that includes ones that missed half season with injuries, QB switches mid season, etc.. he was asked to not single handidly lose games, and he did that, when he was asked to win one, he failed, palmer was put in much worse situations, everygame, with 15 players from the defense on season ending injured reserve, he was screwed, you cant deny the comeback win @ baltimore was a better QB performance than ben has ever had. both teams are 0-0 right now.  see you in october.
[right][post="116768"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i'm sorry...PASSING ATTEMPTS???...you are judging a QB on passing ATTEMPTS???...

just shut up now...before you embarrass youself any further...

but NO...you go on to state Carson is better at winning games...when i've already showed the passer ratings when each were behind in games...

the question was asked...would i rather have Ben or Carson...i stated Ben...i stated all the statistical reasons i prefer Ben...Ben was a better QB last year...period...i have never once stated Carson was a bad QB...all i have done is shown how Ben performed BETTER than Carson last year...

of course we are 0-0 right now...that's the beauty of the NFL...any given sunday and all that...

Guest Sluzilla

[quote name='BrassBengal' date='Jul 20 2005, 09:47 PM']Kordell lead you to a Super Bowl but it did take him what 4 tries.  What did Ben do?  He brought you to a AFC championship game and had an interception wait that was 3 interceptions! 
You were better off with Kordell you will see again this year if you have to rely on Ben what he cant do.  He reminds me of Bill Coward the guy who cant win the big games.  How many years can he make steeler fans cry?  Where is Noll at when you need him?

[right][post="116776"][/post][/right][/quote]

oh jeez...how can i put this gently...

if your first sentence is so ignorant...can any of the rest of your statement be taken seriously at all?...

i mean come ON...

I thought I was talking to someone who could respond with a better statement than thats ignorant. Yes I am ignorant but I went on to junior high not like most of the steeler fans I know.

[img]http://www.haroldscorral.com/images/sspic5.jpg[/img]

Browns fans have fun with you guys too I see. Lucky for me there are plenty of steeler fans to go around.

Carson Palmer had 4 years as a QB in college and 1 season starting in the NFL and has had only ONE good season. He finally put it together his senior season after Norm Chow had to dumb down his offense so Carson could understand it. I know, I'm a USC fan and I've watched all of his college games. The funny thing is Chow expanded the playbook after Carson left for a FIRST year starter (Leinhart). So you guys have a QB with one good season thanks to a OC who is known to make QBs look good and you guys think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Carson had a year to sit on the bench and learn. Then he was named the starter. So he took all of the offseason snaps as a starter. Ben took all of the offseason snaps as a backup and was thrown into action as a rookie and yet he still played better than Carson. But he did falter in the playoffs. No one can deny that. But he still got his team to the playoffs as a ROOKIE. Speaking of winning games when was the last time the Bengals had a winning season? I guess when your team has been the laughing stock of the league for more than a decade you have to grasp at straws.

Guest Sluzilla
[quote name='BrassBengal' date='Jul 20 2005, 11:25 PM']I thought I was talking to someone who could respond with a better statement than thats ignorant.  Yes I am ignorant but I went on to junior high not like most of the steeler fans I know. [/quote]

ok...let's try this then...kordell never led the steelers to the super bowl...

kordell lost every afcc game he was starting QB in...

for someone claiming to be more educated than other fans...you are failing miserably...yes...you ARE ignorant...

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jul 20 2005, 02:46 PM']you guys don't have the line you had last year though... you can still talk about plugging in new guys, but that is called spin... keep spinning it to make yourself feel better... we're still going to smoke you like a philly blunt...
[right][post="116616"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Spinning? Maybe you should do a little more research about the Steelers' O-line. The Steelers will be returning 3 pro bowlers as it has been mentioned. Simmons IS a starter and would have started last season if not for a torn acl. So we really only have one new starter. Anything else?

[quote name='Sluzilla' date='Jul 20 2005, 11:52 PM']i'm sorry...PASSING ATTEMPTS???...you are judging a QB on passing ATTEMPTS???...

just shut up now...before you embarrass youself any further...

but NO...you go on to state Carson is better at winning games...when i've already showed the passer ratings when each were behind in games...

the question was asked...would i rather have Ben or Carson...i stated Ben...i stated all the statistical reasons i prefer Ben...Ben was a better QB last year...period...i have never once stated Carson was a bad QB...all i have done is shown how Ben performed BETTER than Carson last year...

of course we are 0-0 right now...that's the beauty of the NFL...any given sunday and all that...
[right][post="116808"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

either you cant read or your too god damn stupid to understand english. you probably shouldnt go telling the owner of the forum to shut up and not embarrass himself, furthermore, i never ranked the quality of the QB on passing attempts, i ranked growth and learning curve, i guess a qb throwing 17 passes all completed for 12 yards each would be a hell of a lot better qb than big ben? since attempts dont matter eh? i also never said carson was better at winning games, i said he was put in the position to do so more often, thus the learning curve again, and im pretty sure i even stated flat out that the steelers were the better team last year, so all in all your a god damn fool who cant fucking read. you ignarant low life peice of shit.

since your too god damn stupid to even read posts before blithering nonsense oblivious to what was even typed. you dont have to worry about posting here anymore. fucking jackass.

[quote name='CoolieMan' date='Jul 20 2005, 02:55 PM']what a great comeback

Duece got punched in the hammy during the NE game....he is back healthy....Bettis is getting older but still looked like he had a lot left last season.....

Big Ben is another year older and will be more comfortable in the offense....

The OL will have a couple of new faces, but should be fine once again.....

The defense will be what Steeler the Steeler D almost always is and chad and carson will be thanking God if they make it through the two games against them.....
[right][post="116532"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Once duesche gets injured you wont have a running game because Bettis's oxygen doesnt work like it used to

Ben stil cant throw a fucking sprial if you watched the qb challenge...that looked like a throw from the playoffs

Chad and Carson will be thanking god they got to play the steelers defense twice after it boost's there stats...i think ben will be thankful he makes it threw 6 sacks in one game doesnt happen all the time does it?

[quote name='AAA' date='Jul 21 2005, 12:33 AM']Carson Palmer had 4 years as a QB in college and 1 season starting in the NFL and has had only ONE good season. He finally put it together his senior season after Norm Chow had to dumb down his offense so Carson could understand it. I know, I'm a USC fan and I've watched all of his college games. The funny thing is Chow expanded the playbook after Carson left for a FIRST year starter (Leinhart). So you guys have a QB with one good season thanks to a OC who is known to make QBs look good and you guys think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Carson had a year to sit on the bench and learn. Then he was named the starter. So he took all of the offseason snaps as a starter. Ben took all of the offseason snaps as a backup and was thrown into action as a rookie and yet he still played better than Carson. But he did falter in the playoffs. No one can deny that. But he still got his team to the playoffs as a ROOKIE. Speaking of winning games when was the last time the Bengals had a winning season? I guess when your team has been the laughing stock of the league for more than a decade you have to grasp at straws.
[right][post="116827"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

good one.... no really... that was brilliant... we are all in our place now, .. i mean a guy from california told us what norm chow did with the playbook over the last 3 years at USC.. it must be fact... man... guess that makes the steelers a better team huh? wow... the logic there .. just wow guys... wow...

just an FYI for others.... if your not going to read posts and just blather nonsense that has nothing to do with what was actual said, and to top it all insult syself, dont waste your time, it will be your last post. as you can see everything is pretty liberal around here, curse call people names etc.. but being a total jackass isnt getting anyone anywhere... well except suspended...so to recap: if your too stupid to read, then your not smart enough to post... so dont.

and knowing is half the battle.

[quote name='Sluzilla' date='Jul 20 2005, 03:14 PM']QB Rating first year starting...
Ben 98.1
Carson 77.3

TDs/Ints
Ben 17/11
Carson 18/18

Comp %
Ben 66.4%
Carson 60.9%

Sacks
Ben 30
Carson 25

[right][post="116540"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Damn handing that ball off is really hard isnt it?

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Jul 20 2005, 10:50 PM']good one.... no really... that was brilliant... we are all in our place now, .. i mean a guy from california told us what norm chow did with the playbook over the last 3 years at USC.. it must be fact...  man... guess that makes the steelers a better team huh?  wow... the logic there .. just wow guys... wow...
[right][post="116832"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Please, with all your football knowledge and brilliance surley you can come up with a better response than that. I'm still trying to find the part of my post where I said the Steelers are better just because of what Carson Palmer did in college. JFC are you that incredibly stupid??

If you can refute with any FACTS that Carson was not a one-year wonder in college please do so. Since you guys seem to know so much about him you must know differant. Or you guys can continue with your lame attempts at smack.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Jul 20 2005, 10:54 PM']just an FYI for others.... if your not going to read posts and just blather nonsense that has nothing to do with what was actual said, and to top it all insult syself, dont waste your time,  if your too stupid to read, then your not smart enough to post... so dont.

and knowing is half the battle.
[right][post="116836"][/post][/right][/quote]

JFC... It doesn't get anymore ironic than that.

[quote name='AAA' date='Jul 21 2005, 12:33 AM']Carson Palmer had 4 years as a QB in college and 1 season starting in the NFL and has had only ONE good season. He finally put it together his senior season after Norm Chow had to dumb down his offense so Carson could understand it. I know, I'm a USC fan and I've watched all of his college games. The funny thing is Chow expanded the playbook after Carson left for a FIRST year starter (Leinhart). So you guys have a QB with one good season thanks to a OC who is known to make QBs look good and you guys think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Carson had a year to sit on the bench and learn. Then he was named the starter. So he took all of the offseason snaps as a starter. Ben took all of the offseason snaps as a backup and was thrown into action as a rookie and yet he still played better than Carson. But he did falter in the playoffs. No one can deny that. But he still got his team to the playoffs as a ROOKIE. Speaking of winning games when was the last time the Bengals had a winning season? I guess when your team has been the laughing stock of the league for more than a decade you have to grasp at straws.
[right][post="116827"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Fuck he got the shit done against the ravens didnt he? im positive ben couldnt do that...maybe his running backs but not him...shit if carson threw the ball 168 times im sure he would have a pretty damn good passer rating...we will just watch chad and chris tear up your awesome defense. While Ben completes 5-10 passes in which 3 were to Madieu Tory and Deltha

[quote name='AAA' date='Jul 21 2005, 01:02 AM']Please, with all your football knowledge and brilliance surley you can come up with a better response than that. I'm still trying to find the part of my post where I said the Steelers are better just because of what Carson Palmer did in college. JFC are you that incredibly stupid??

If you can refute with any FACTS that Carson was not a one-year wonder in college please do so. Since you guys seem to know so much about him you must know differant. Or you guys can continue with your lame attempts at smack.
[right][post="116840"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i guess these usc and pac 10 records he holds means nothing..
[b]
Most total offense yards, career: 11,621*
Most plays, career: 1,824*
Most passing yards, career: 11,818*
Most passing touchdowns, career: 72
Most completions, career: 927*
Most completions, season: 309, 2002
Most pass attempts, career: 1,569*
Most pass attempts, season: 489, 2002
Most 400-yard passing games, career: 3
Most 300-yard passing games, career: 11
Most 200-yard passing games, career: 31
Most 300-yard passing games, season: 7, 2002
Most 200-yard passing games, season: 12, 2002
Most seasons with 2,500 yards of total offense: 3**
Consecutive 300-yard passing games: 3, 2002
Most total offense yards, game: 434, Oregon, 2002
Most total offense yards, season: 3,942, 2002
Most passing yards, game: 448, Oregon, 2002
Most TD passes, game: 5, Oregon, 2002 (shared)
Most TD passes, season: 33, 2002**
Most consecutive passes without an INT: 147, 2002
[/b]

[url="http://usctrojans.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/palmer_carson00.html"]http://usctrojans.collegesports.com/sports...r_carson00.html[/url]

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Jul 20 2005, 11:13 PM']i guess these usc and pac 10 records he holds means nothing..
[b]

[/b]

[url="http://usctrojans.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/palmer_carson00.html"]http://usctrojans.collegesports.com/sports...r_carson00.html[/url]
[right][post="116843"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

It's obvious you never watched Carson play much in college, especially prior to his senior season. Otherwise you would realize those stats are misleading. Most of those stats are from his one and only good season, 2002. His 3 seasons prior to that were NOT great by any means. Palmer was the top recruit coming out of college. Everyone at USC thought he would be the answer. He was huge disappointment for 3 years. If it wasn't for his one and only good season he would have been one of the biggest recruiting flops in college history. He didn't even get Chow's offense until he simplified it. Carson has always struggled to read defenses. He has all the physical tools in the world but when it comes to football smarts he's below average at best.

so i guess all of those career stats for which carson obviously set during his "one and only good year" (his senior year) was all just a fluke...?

wow!!! fuck, i never knew anyone could come up with nearly 12,000 passing yards, 72 td's, 927 completions, and 31 games with over 200yards in passing in just one fluke year... he must be god!!!

you are a fucking 1diot, go back to your dumbass site and enjoy that fantasy land you thrive in which sucking on bennies johnson you dumbass piece of shit, but please, do make sure you comeback when your done giving bennies johnson a good and thorough sucking

you guys are awfully fucking hard on a rookie qb.....yes...Ben could have done a better job in the playoffs....but what rookie qb has ever taken his team to the super bowl?

The kid played very well last season...a season when he was expected to be the back up, but was thrown into the fire in the 2nd game because of an injury to Tommy.

He was still good enough to help get the Steelers to the AFCC....yes he had a lot of help....yes the OL was great and the running game was also (which is very surprising since you guys have mentioned several times that the Steelers running game consists of one injury prone rb and one overweight hasbeen...) and of course the Steeler D was one of the tops in the league.....

but....he still made plays when he had to (until the AFCC game that is) after reading your bullshit...it is going to be even more enjoyable watching the Steelers beat the bunguls twice (again) this upcoming year.

Go talk shit to the Browns....at least you guys should sweep them....

Archived