Rey getting first team reps at MLB

Yeah, he's faster and smarter than Maualuga.

Smarter... I think that is the only thing that holds Maualuga back.  He is slow to read, slow to react, quick to over-run, quick to bite on fakes, etc.  He has physical tools that you would draw up for an LB, but has never reached anything beyond a slightly below average NFL player in my mind.

I don't see him making any plays that stand out.  Think about it when you watch a game... you notice a few plays a game where you want to shake you head b/c he missed a tackle or was a step slow to the spot.  I think it would be easy to count impact plays he has made in the last 2 years on 1 hand.  I actually think Vinnie Rey made more game changing (positive) plays in 1 game than Maualuga did all year.  

I admittedly consider Gresham and Maualuga the 'whipping boys' on O and D respectively... but they have earned it (in my opinion).

And the benefactor of this site has that, physically freakish failure of a football player (and the quitter), as his avatar.

The "staff" and mods are slaves to the agenda. If that is not the case, it's a fantastic coincidence.

The Cincinnati Bengals have never been better Period

So you think the Super Bowl teams of the 80's aren't better than these guys? Really...

For a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 3 tries you are giving them a lot of credit. 

So you think the Super Bowl teams of the 80's aren't better than these guys? Really...

For a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 3 tries you are giving them a lot of credit. 

If we only talking about youth and overall talent level, then I would say the current teams. They are better on the defensive side...although - to your point - these current defenses has gotten absolutely mauled and gutted on the ground in all three playoff losses.

The team we had last year and currently have this year should be in the hunt for no. 1 or 2 seeds.

Now since bengal fans as a group have low expectations we don't really blow up over 11-5 Division champ records playing in the wildcard round. We blow up when the wildcard round doesn't go as planned.

I don't know if this group will ever validate themselves to the 80s teams but they are most certainly capable.

The team won in the playoffs, though, except for Dalton.

Archived