A.J. Green says his status is still “up in the air”

A.J. Green says his status is still “up in the air”
Posted by Mike Florio on October 21, 2014, 8:54 AM EDT

683077e51862e37971a01b5f8502dfa0.jpg?w=3

Getty Images

Last week, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis described the status of A.J. Green as “up in the air.”  While Lewis expressed more optimism on Monday, Green has repeated the same assessment provided previously by Lewis.

“It’s still up in the air,” Green told NFL Network on Tuesday morning, “but it definitely feels better.  We’ll see about this week.”

One thing we won’t see is a fully healthy A.J. Green until 2015, at the earliest.

“It’s probably not gonna be 100 percent, but I hope it’s just manageable,” Green said.  “I can get through the season and play at a high level.”

So what about this weekend, against the Ravens?

“I hope so, man.  It’s still up in the air, and we’ll see,” Green said.

The Bengals need him.  After starting 3-0, the Bengals are 0-2-1.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/21/a-j-green-says-his-status-is-still-up-in-the-air/

A.J. Green says his status is still “up in the air”

Posted by Mike Florio on October 21, 2014, 8:54 AM EDT

683077e51862e37971a01b5f8502dfa0.jpg?w=3

Getty Images

Last week, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis described the status of A.J. Green as “up in the air.”  While Lewis expressed more optimism on Monday, Green has repeated the same assessment provided previously by Lewis.

“It’s still up in the air,” Green told NFL Network on Tuesday morning, “but it definitely feels better.  We’ll see about this week.”

One thing we won’t see is a fully healthy A.J. Green until 2015, at the earliest.

“It’s probably not gonna be 100 percent, but I hope it’s just manageable,” Green said.  “I can get through the season and play at a high level.”

So what about this weekend, against the Ravens?

“I hope so, man.  It’s still up in the air, and we’ll see,” Green said.

The Bengals need him.  After starting 3-0, the Bengals are 0-2-1.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/21/a-j-green-says-his-status-is-still-up-in-the-air/

I wonder if his foot would have healed quicker if he had a new contract?

I wonder if his foot would have healed quicker if he had a new contract?

Eh,  it's not going to heal this season is what they are saying apparently.  

There was a report from Marvin that he told AJ to stay in the lockeroom because he just get miserable sitting and watching.  I think there are other indications that it's the team taking the precaution vs. AJ Greem removing himself.

IMO,  the way it feels the past few weeks for the injury report.   The team rolled the dice with Carolina/Indy games in favor of giving some of the fringe injured/return guys more recovery time.

See how it plays out but I think it would be telling if the calvary is all hands on deck for Baltimore. 

Archived