Seattle Seahawks Rumors: Jermaine Gresham a Trade Target?

Eifert stays healthy he's going to be a factor.   

Yeah, well that hasn't really been the case has it.  He wasn't there for the last part of the season last year to incude the playoff game and he has been a no show this year.  TE version of Dre.   

Gresh is a very good blocking TE. But when you need him to show up in the passing game, it just don't happen. Yeah if the game is not on the line he'll catch and make some yards. But tell me the last time he made a pressure play with game in the balance. Trade him get what you can and wish him well. IMHA.

There has to be a reason they've never really thrown the ball downfield to Gresham.  They do it every once in awhile, but I just don't think the dude tracks the ball that well downfield.  If he did, they likely wouldn't view him as a checkdown option.  That and the fact that he seems to break arm tackles and pick up YAC when he does get the ball near the LOS.

I'm pretty excited about Tyler.  Rookie TE's have one of the steepest learning curves in the NFL.  Most high draft picks come out of college as glorified slot receivers and split ends.  Never had to block in college because they were the best receiver on the team and that holds true for Tyler.  He had to learn how to block and put his hand in the dirt and chip ends and linebackers before going upfield and also deal with press coverage coming from a three point stance.  A lot of things he never had to do at ND.  I think you could see that he was going to be a very involved player in the offense during our first few possessions of week 1.  He tracks the ball well downfield and has the ability to go over the middle.  Still needs to work on his blocking.  

I'd love to keep both, but Tyler is going to be the guy going forward.  Look like he had already moved the right side of the LOS where Jermaine had been operating since he had been here.

You and everyone else in this fuckin city have a love affair with Eifert. I'm still waiting for him to produce and/or stay healthy. Been a while since a guy who can't even stay on the field has been this overfuckingblown.

You keep Gresh. We have the money. I'm tired of losing 1st round picks that produce. I think you guys forget our TEs before him. Maybe if they ran him a route besides 5 yard hitch/out, he'd showcase skills. We've never put a big emphasis on tes in the passing game. Ever. Since Marvin has been around. It sucks

You and everyone else in this fuckin city have a love affair with Eifert. I'm still waiting for him to produce and/or stay healthy. Been a while since a guy who can't even stay on the field has been this overfuckingblown.

You keep Gresh. We have the money. I'm tired of losing 1st round picks that produce. I think you guys forget our TEs before him. Maybe if they ran him a route besides 5 yard hitch/out, he'd showcase skills. We've never put a big emphasis on tes in the passing game. Ever. Since Marvin has been around. It sucks

Have you forgotten that Texans WC game two years ago? Gresham was the focus of that gameplan and he promptly pissed down his leg.

We haven't put a big emphasis on TE's in the passing game because we haven't had a reliable pass-catching TE.

Eifert looks like he might be, and while, yes, he has yet to really prove it, Gresham has decidedly proven he is not.

I just don't buy that they only run him as a checkdown option just because the coaches don't utilize him there.  I know there have been blunders, but this is his fifth season and they have yet to have him frequently track passes down the field.  There has to be a reason the guy isn't utilized over the middle and down the field more often.  It could be because he fumbles frequently, he doesn't track the ball well, isn't physical enough to wade through the congestion or isn't able to recognize when to sit or keep going.  

I am all for keeping him, but not for a pro bowl price tag.  He just isn't that. I think you basically choose between him and Jones/Sanu.  No point in having two tight ends if you that kind of ability to go three wide.  The numbers just don't work.

Have you forgotten that Texans WC game two years ago? Gresham was the focus of that gameplan and he promptly pissed down his leg.

We haven't put a big emphasis on TE's in the passing game because we haven't had a reliable pass-catching TE.

Eifert looks like he might be, and while, yes, he has yet to really prove it, Gresham has decidedly proven he is not.

Ironic that I'm gonna use your old excuse for Andy.

Everyone shit the bed. Every year in the playoffs. You font gameplay around Gresham when you've literally never done it before. Not in the playoffs. Gruden is a retard for that one.

Gresham has proven to be a capable starter like a lot of people who shit the bed in that playoff game.

I just don't buy that they only run him as a checkdown option just because the coaches don't utilize him there.  I know there have been blunders, but this is his fifth season and they have yet to have him frequently track passes down the field.  There has to be a reason the guy isn't utilized over the middle and down the field more often.  It could be because he fumbles frequently, he doesn't track the ball well, isn't physical enough to wade through the congestion or isn't able to recognize when to sit or keep going.  

I am all for keeping him, but not for a pro bowl price tag.  He just isn't that. I think you basically choose between him and Jones/Sanu.  No point in having two tight ends if you that kind of ability to go three wide.  The numbers just don't work.

If either of the WRs want big numbers you replace them. Easily. That production can easily be made up in the draft. Neither are great

Archived