Leave Chad alone

Guest BengalBacker

Guest oldschooler
my question is, was he mad b/c he didn't get the ball or b/c of the defending??? there is a HUGE difference in my book... i have mixed feelings about the situation... i'll start w/ the bad... he is professional and shouldn't show his feeling against his team... the only two real bad things were the tackle he had on the defender (how he didn't get a flag, i'll never know) and when he got mad b/c the pass landed in front of him...

but for all that are mad b/c he wanted the ball, what the hell did he do when he got the ball??? on the one drive, he had 3 catches for 40+ yards... he SHOULD have been getting the ball, and probably the only reason he did is b/c he was pushing for it so hard... chad is the best player we have had in cincy in my lifetime and deserves to get the ball... the best are the best, b/c they filter their anger towards the game and makes them better...

seriously, have we heard what exactly chad was mad at???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here is what it says on bengals.com about it.

Frustrated receiver

Lewis pulled Pro Bowl wide receiver Chad Johnson aside late in the third quarter when his frustration showed about not getting the ball. It appeared Johnson felt like he was open and not getting the ball, and he took off his helmet a few times to gesture, He also slammed down the ball one time after he caught it.

Lewis looked to take him out on a third and long after Johnson had just two catches for 19 yards. Then the Bengals went to him right away two straight times for a total of 25 yards when they got the ball back. He ended up with eight catches for 74 yards, the first time in three games he’s outcaught his cousin as Keyshawn finished with four catches for 58 yards.

Johnson denied he was frustrated, but Lewis said in his news conference about no one specific, “Let’s not show our (frustration) the times you don’t get the ball as much as we think you should get it.â€Â

Lewis did note Johnson was the first to greet Matt Schobel downfield after his 76-yard touchdown catch.

“No one was more excited than No. 85,†Lewis said of Johnson. “I was excited to see how excited he was chasing Schobes down the field.â€Â

Like I said...I`m not happy about it...and I hope it never happens

again.

But it`s not like he jumped in Marvin`s face or any of the other

coaches or players.

I think it is amazing how some people are comparing him to being

a Leon and saying he is selfish.

He wants to make the plays for the team to WIN. He proved he can

beat the best in the NFL on Monday Night.

I think he should be force fed the ball...if anything he should get

frustrated because they are throwing it to him TO MUCH !

But 1 epsiode doesn`t make for a trend.

I get tired of people saying " It only happened once".."We all have bad days"...etc.

If someone gets fired up and emotional because things aren't going their way and hit their wife, is it O.K. because it only happened once? If your boss criticizes your work and you get emotional and cuss him out, is it O.K. because it only happened once? It doesn't have to be repeated to show a flaw in character.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh man, did I miss something? Did Chad physically assault someone? Did he get into a heated and expletive riddled argument w/ Marvin? No, he did neither.....The man was furious b/c he felt he wasn't being involved in the offense.....I don't condone what he did, it was wrong and he could have handled it in a more mature way. I do however prefer him make his feelings known rather than become complacent and just go through the motions. To say he is not a team player is a snap judgement made by people who have no clue what goes on inside the organization. I have to clue either but I think everyone is trying to stir the pot on this and coming up w/ there own conspiracy theories. How about Chad running out waving PDub's jersey? Still not a team player you say? How about sprinting down the field and securing a block for Schobel and the first one to jump on top of him congratulating him? Still not a team player? The man had an err in the heat of battle.......I'll take passion, misguided albeit rather than dispondency.

Yeah i would have to agree with that. i think this is only a one time thing. and he didnt go off on marvin or another player or a coach. and we know he can be productive when we get him the ball. So let him cool off and hopefully we can get him involved earlier in the game because if we can our offense has a chance to take off

Yeah i would have to agree with that. i think this is only a one time thing. and he didnt go off on marvin or another player or a coach. and we know he can be productive when we get him the ball. So let him cool off and hopefully we can get him involved earlier in the game because if we can our offense has a chance to take off

Guest Bengal_Smoov
Oh man, did I miss something?  Did Chad physically assault someone? Did he get into a heated and expletive riddled argument w/ Marvin?  No, he did neither.....The man was furious b/c he felt he wasn't being involved in the offense.....I don't condone what he did, it was wrong and he could have handled it in a more mature way.  I do however prefer him make his feelings known rather than become complacent and just go through the motions.  To say he is not a team player is a snap judgement made by people who have no clue what goes on inside the organization.  I have to clue either but I think everyone is trying to stir the pot on this and coming up w/ there own conspiracy theories.  How about Chad running out waving PDub's jersey?  Still not a team player you say?  How about sprinting down the field and securing a block for Schobel and the first one to jump on top of him congratulating him?  Still not a team player? The man had an err in the heat of battle.......I'll take passion, misguided albeit rather than dispondency.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You missed Chad acting like a little kid, you missed him displaying his me first attitude because he wasn't getting the ball even though we are winning the game which obviously shows he cares more about his stats than winning.

I don't know what is going thru his head. As much as this team struggles to win, when we finally do put together a complete game he shows up his teammates and coaches by throwing tantrum because he isn't getting the ball in a blowout victory, that is selfish. It's easy to be a team player when things are going good, it's when things don't go your way is when your loyalty is tested. Just because he ran out with Peter's jersey and celebrated with Schobel when he made a big play doesn't mean that bullshit he pulled on the sidelines isn't the one of the worst displays in recent history. It's a blowout victory, the 3rd victory in eight tries, he should relish in the moment and enjoy it instead of being a major distraction to his coaches and teammates.

Oldschooler, I don't think any of us have turned on him, I do think however some of us are tired of some of his antics :(

I think a very telling thing about him is how selfish he appeared last year when Marvin asked him not to celebrate after a TD but he did anyway :(

And now he is acting like his cousin Meshawn who is a punk which makes him a punk

Guest Bengal_Smoov
nahh he will get his head back on his shoulders man.. Everytime i have heard him talk to the media and fans he has ben a class guy so he had a bad day and was lil angry football is a sport of emotion.. he just got alil carried away

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure he will have a great game next week, but I will mutter "fuckin baby" everytime he touches the ball. I can forgive him, but I can't forget. I say we draft a wr in the first round in case he decides to lose temper again, that type of attitude is detremential to a teams' success.

haha i dont think third down drops is a statistic but it should be.. Fucking barging power right there.. well chad u fucked up like 10 drives for us this year so we are gonna have to come down on that salery man... i could see someone trying to do that shit to T.O. haha that would be so funny.

Guest CrazyIrishman5
I've never seen Peter Warrick make an ass of himself in front of America.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How long have you been a Bengals fan! Warrick and Kitna fights are classic. Warrick did the same thing CJ did but would get in Kitna face! I like what CJ did, he should be pissed! Brat need get him more invalid in the game!

Can anyone find the stats for dropped passes?  I'd bet Chad leads the NFL in dropped 3rd down passes

He cost the CLeveland game with his drops!  Lets put him in the HOF! :rolleyes:

TJ has by far the most drops in the history of all levels of football........... your drunk as fuck....

I'm sure he will have a great game next week, but I will mutter "fuckin baby" everytime he touches the ball.  I can forgive him, but I can't forget.  I say we draft a wr in the first round in case he decides to lose temper again, that type of attitude is detremential to a teams' success.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You live in NYC too......Man, we need to have a beer and talk about this whole Chad thing......You are going way too far w/ this. No one will forget what Chad did but they won't continue to curse his name. Let's all step back and just see what happens this upcoming week.

Yeah i dont think we should curse his name since he is one of the best recievers in the league.. he can make a big play anytime he touches the ball... he is 7-11 now... i mean everyone had nothing but love for the man all through the season and he has 1 spat and u all turn on him faster then a pack of rabbid dogs... come on now.. we all know cj and seen what he can do and how he reacts and prepares for the games.. one time isnt going to kill him he just cant make a habbit of that crap

you have to believe ML will take care of this problem

he just said CJ made a mistake and that he has done it before...

but ML is gonna CHANGE HISTORY!!! ML was sayin that there

was a history of this "problem" in cinci....and it needs to be corrected

I believe ML will take care of it

By the way AWESOME GAME! Yesterday is why i am still a Bengals fan

Guest Bengal_Smoov
You live in NYC too......Man, we need to have a beer and talk about this whole Chad thing......You are going way too far w/ this.  No one will forget what Chad did but they won't continue to curse his name. Let's all step back and just see what happens this upcoming week.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure anytime on the beer. The thing that gets me so mad about Chad is that he is our best player on offense, he needs to set an example of how to conduct yourself as a professional to the younger guys on the team. To pull a stunt like that is just plain dumb and it undermines everything Marvin is doing here. The job of changing the losing culture is hard enough without having your best player act like little kid whenever things don't go his way. I'm hope he learns from this situation and I wouldn't mind if Marvin de-activated his ass for a few games, so he knows who runs the show.

Yeah i dont think we should curse his name since he is one of the best recievers in the league.. he can make a big play anytime he touches the ball... he is 7-11 now... i mean everyone had nothing but love for the man all through the season and he has 1 spat and u all turn on him faster then a pack of rabbid dogs... come on now.. we all know cj and seen what he can do and how he reacts and prepares for the games.. one time isnt going to kill him he just cant make a habbit of that crap

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The "it was just one time" excuse rears it's ugly head again.

IT WAS UNACCEPTABLE first time or 100th time

he has 1 spat and u all turn on him faster then a pack of rabbid dogs

We are not turning on him and changing. He is.

We want him to excel and be the best reciever ever.

If only we could have brought in Jerry Rice to show him how the best should act.

Guest BengalBacker

From Hobson:

Chad can't believe reaction

11-8-04, 4:25 p.m.

BY GEOFF HOBSON

Although wide receiver Chad Johnson can’t believe there is a national uproar over his antics during Sunday’s 26-3 win over Dallas and he is puzzled over the dos and don’ts, he apologized Monday and said it won’t happen again.

Johnson said he wasn’t mad at quarterback Carson Palmer, head coach Marvin Lewis, the play calling, or Cowboys rookie cornerback Lance Frazier. He said he was simply mad at himself during the various junctures he tossed a cup of Gatorade, ripped off his helmet after a low incomplete pass, and spiked the ball after an 18-yard catch.

But reality hit home when he spoke with Ray Lewis Mondy morning and the Ravens middle linebacker told him he can’t act like that.

“He told me, ‘You can’t do it, you can’t do it, you can’t do it,’†Johnson said. “That’s not what I meant and he said a lot of people don’t understand how (I) am. They see that and they take a negative approach. Ray said, ‘You can’t wear your emotions on your shoulders. You’re high profile. You’re a star now.’

But Johnson is surprised that the Fox TV team of Kenny Albert and Brain Baldinger ripped him all day during the broadcast, even to the point of putting on a graphic that included Johnson’s number of pouts.

“I guess I have to be like a robot,†Johnson said. “For those who know me, they know that’s not me.â€Â

Guest BengalBacker
Just heard that Mechads first question after the game was "how many catches did Meshawn have"

Goes to show it isn't about wins and losses with this guy, it's about pro bowls and personal acheivements

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What did you want his first question to be?

We've got a guy who pushes himself to be the best, as hard as anyone in the league. He uses things like camparing himself to Keyshawn to motivate himself to be better.

I'm done arguing it.

Chad is still the man in my book, and it's going to take a lot more than this stupid shit for me to turn on him.

I think you are all overreacting.

Guest Bengal_Smoov

It's a shame it took Ray Lewis(of all people) to call him and tell him that for him to realize that his behavior is unacceptable. If he didn't know he couldn't do that then he is stupider than I thought. Besides that whole line about how isn't mad at anyone but himself line is b.s. He was obviously pissed at Carson when he under threw him on that 3rd down play, he damn sure wasn't pissed at himself, he didn't throw the ball.

Does Chad(a.k.a Pepto) have a reason to be upset sometime because he isn't getting the ball as much as he should, yes. Should he act like a little kid when he doesn't get the ball, no.

I will chalk this up to Chad maturing on national t.v., but if it happens again his ass has to go. One monkey doesn't stop the show.

Archived