Leave Chad alone

Guest BengalBacker

Yeah he said he was angry with himself. thats an apropriate answer because he wasnt playing up to par whats wrong with that? Also whats wrong with him asking about Keshawn since he is his cousin after all. He didnt ask how many catches he had or how many yards.. so why all the fuss?

Guest IndianaBengal

Is Marvin phoning Ray-Ray and having him call CJ for a quick counseling call??

Ray still needs to wory about his own ass when he plays the Bengals next time.

Someone needs to put a hit on his ass for clocking Palmer. A cheapass-shot.

Hope Marv tries to get him to come to Cincy though.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
What did you want his first question to be?

We've got a guy who pushes himself to be the best, as hard as anyone in the league. He uses things like camparing himself to Keyshawn to motivate himself to be better.

I'm done arguing it.

Chad is still the man in my book, and it's going to take a lot more than this stupid shit for me to turn on him.

I think you are all overreacting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not turning on him, I just voicing my extreme displeasure in his actions. If he wants to be the man, he needs to learn how to handle adversity better.

No one said he has to act like a robot, just don't act like whiney lil' bitch, that's all.

What did you want his first question to be?

We've got a guy who pushes himself to be the best, as hard as anyone in the league. He uses things like camparing himself to Keyshawn to motivate himself to be better.

I'm done arguing it.

Chad is still the man in my book, and it's going to take a lot more than this stupid shit for me to turn on him.

I think you are all overreacting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know, how about "hey Willie, hows your knee" or how about a comment "hey Carson, good game"

Who in the hell cares if another receiver has more catches than you of your team wins? Mechad, thats who!

If only we could have brought in Jerry Rice to show him how the best should act.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean the Jerry Rice that had a similar temper tantrum on the sidelines a few weeks ago, when his 'consecutive games with a reception' streak was broken?

From the AP article; "Rice, who turns 42 next month, hung his head on the field late in the Raiders' 13-10 win over Buffalo as his run of 274 straight games with a reception came to an end.

He threw his helmet to the ground, causing it to bounce over a metal bench, hollered to himself, and paced the sideline for several minutes. He kicked a yard marker and it grazed the back of an Oakland police officer." :rolleyes:

Anyway, back to the topic. I'm willing to give Chad the benefit of the doubt on ths one. He's earned a mulligan, I think.

Guest IndianaBengal

Memo to people angry at CJ;

We won. We won. We won. We won.

Why find a negative in the victory here at Cincy. A beatdown of america's team!!!

Winning will raise the team spirits and carry momentum into Washington!!

Does anyone know if he and Carson talked after the game?

This wouldv't been a good Q. for JT!!

"You live in NYC too......Man, we need to have a beer and talk about this whole Chad thing......You are going way too far w/ this. No one will forget what Chad did but they won't continue to curse his name. Let's all step back and just see what happens this upcoming week."-NYC BENGAL

Dude...are you forgetting Smoov is an elitist liberal who will take you to a swanky wine-bar where they serve wine flights and $25 micro-brewed beers in an espresso cup? :lol::lol::lol:

OKOK-joking, don't take offense Smoov-cuz yer smoov like dat (ebonically speaking)

Guest BengalBacker

Like I mentioned in the other thread, do any Reds fans remember Paul O'Neil?

Every time he struck out he'd throw his helmet or his bat and stomp around. Remember when he kicked the ball to the infield because he was upset? He did this whether the Reds were winning or losing.

Did anyone question whether he was a team player, or say get rid of him the next time he does it? We did end up trading him to the Yankees where he became like a god there.

Like I mentioned in the other thread, do any Reds fans remember Paul O'Neil?

Every time he struck out he'd throw his helmet or his bat and stomp around. Remember when he kicked the ball to the infield because he was upset? He did this whether the Reds were winning or losing.

Did anyone question whether he was a team player, or say get rid of him the next time he does it? We did end up trading him to the Yankees where he became like a god there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember O'Neil well ... but as a Yankee. :blink:

I'll shut up now. :unsure:

Guest BengalBacker
I remember O'Neil well ... but as a Yankee.  :blink:

I'll shut up now.  :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You guys loved him didn't you?

Did he still throw fits when he was with you? He did it his whole career here, but that's just how he dealt with it. Didn't make him a bad guy, or a selfish player.

You guys loved him didn't you?

Did he still throw fits when he was with you? He did it his whole career here, but that's just how he dealt with it. Didn't make him a bad guy, or a selfish player.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm admit, I'm only a casual baseball fan. I usually only watch towards the end of the season through the world series.

To answer your question: Yes, he was the man, but I don't remember a specific instance when he had a melt-down in the dugout, but I'm sure he probably did. I think it's more acceptable in baseball though.

The difference is that baseball is much less of a 'team sport' than football.

When a guy is up to bat, it's all him. Him alone against the entire opposing team. All the attention is on him.

That said, like I said before, I'm willing to give Chad a mulligan.

Ok, Chad has manned up and apologized for his actions. I say we do the same for him. We ALL need to forgive and forget and put this to rest now. We have another game this weekend to begin concentrating on. Maybe, just maybe...on the out pattern that Carson underthrew him on........Chad was mad at himself....just maybe he thought he still should have made that play...he IS that kinda player.

Chad, we still luv ya...go give the Redskins hell this weekend...and GOOOOOOOO Bengals !!!!!

Guest BengalLady
Ok, Chad has manned up and apologized for his actions. I say we do the same for him. We ALL need to forgive and forget and put this to rest now. We have another game this weekend to begin concentrating on. Maybe, just maybe...on the out pattern that Carson underthrew him on........Chad was mad at himself....just maybe he thought he still should have made that play...he IS that kinda player.

Chad, we still luv ya...go give the Redskins hell this weekend...and GOOOOOOOO Bengals !!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am right on that! Thanks.

Guest BengalsOwn

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's going to be watched like a hawk by the media. This could end up bringing a lot more bad press to the Bengals.

wow i still cannot believe what some of you are saying... the man clearly stated he wasnt upset with his team or coach, but with himself and the dallas secondary... please everyone get off his bag. hes the best damn player we have and he wants to play with us... didnt he just sign a contract ext. with us until 2k9? sheesh! :angry:

ray lewis and chad are friends just as much of the league is. you notice how the pepto prank was blown outta proportion??? he and the cleveland secondary are all close friends and i took it as more of an inside joke gone bad. point blank, whenever you have a superstar on your team the negative always gets talked about for weeks and the positive only gets recognized for minutes.

What up nati this shit is no doubt getting blowed the fuck out of proportion we have the best damn receiver in the afc here and people are dogging him over this this man busts ass week after week here has said this is the only place he wants to play and that he wants to be the best receiver ever better than rice ever was and people are giving him shit over this yeah maybe it wasnt exactly appropriate but damn he apoligized and said he was not mad at anyone but himself i mean fuck reggie wayne pushes peyton manning and there was not this much stink bottom line people give him a break we should be happy we got this cat on our team he gives 110% on and off the field the prank on cleveland blew up because of his performance whats he do? he comes out on monday night and burns champ baileys ass on national tv so lets get back behind him the teams seems to finaly be coming together we have waited long enough lets not dog our boys go chad and bengals :D

Guest BengalsOwn
What up nati this shit is no doubt getting blowed the fuck out of proportion we have the best damn receiver in the afc here and people are dogging him over this this man busts ass week after week here has said this is the only place he wants to play and that he wants to be the best receiver ever better than rice ever was and people are giving him shit over this yeah maybe it wasnt exactly appropriate but damn he apoligized and said he was not mad at anyone but himself i mean fuck reggie wayne pushes peyton manning and there was not this much stink bottom line people give him a break we should be happy we got this cat on our team he gives 110% on and off the field the prank on cleveland blew up because of his performance whats he do? he comes out on monday night and burns champ baileys ass on national tv so lets get back behind him the teams seems to finaly be coming together we have waited long enough lets not dog our boys go chad and bengals :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow that is the longest run on sentence I've ever read in my life. Do you expect people to read that incoherent garbage?

Archived