Have they asked to interview Marvin?
He might be available soon.
I hope.
Even if we win.
:ph34r:

And if Marvy does go, I guess its promote Hue.
Hot and cold in that he sometimes has brain cramps
(Cleveland) but I do like how he does learn and grow.
Unlike Marvin.
I also would be very much in favor of keeping some continuity
with the team and talent we have and add to it via the draft and
development or those players we have.
What the hey?
We have tolerated Marv for far too long and Hue deserves a shot.

Marvin Lewis has taken the Cincinnati Bengals to the playoffs 4 yrs in a row. 4 of 5 and 6 times in since he took over as HC. When he took over, the Bengals and Mike Brown were the joke of the NFL. FA used them as a bargaining chip. For the last 7-8 of Marvins years, fans have been speculating that Marvin was moving to the front office or leaving the franchise.

Where does this come from? Sounds like wishful thinking.

Per the Sun Times:

Windows when NFL assistants can interview for head coaching vacancies

By Sean Jensen on January 1, 2013 9:40 PM | No Comments | No TrackBacks

First off, any assistant on a team that isn't participating in the postseason cannot be blocked from interviewing for a head-coaching vacancy. When and where that assistant interviews, though, can somewhat be influenced by the team that they are under contract to.
But there are rules for when assistants from the 12 clubs in the playoffs can speak to other teams interested in potentially hiring them as a head coach.

Here's a closer look:

January 6 -- Assistant coaches under contract to playoff clubs that have byes in the Wild Card weekend may be interviewed for head coaching positions through the conclusion of the Wild Card games (Jan. 5-6).

January 13 -- Assistant coaches under contract to playoff clubs that won their Wild Card games may be interviewed for head coaching positions through the conclusion of Divisional Playoff games (Jan. 12-13).

January 27 -- An assistant coach, whose team is participating in the Super Bowl (Feb. 3), who has previously interviewed for another club's head coaching job may have a second interview with such club no later than the Sunday preceding the Super Bowl.

On,y if he doesn't get a job elsewhere first. Hue isn't going to wait for Marvin to quit unless he already knows when that is going to be and on,y if it occurs soon.

I am suggesting that he does and it is, but that's just me reading the tea leaves.  Like I said awhile back, nobody buys an estate near Phoenix to live there in July.

Archived