Trade Dalton for RG3

To say that we were in clear need of a QB upgrade going into this season is revisionist history at best, and completely ridiculous at worst. Regardless, If we don't win the super bowl this season, it sure as fuck won't be because we didn't draft Teddy Bridgewater last year.

I don't know why its so hard to acknowledge that Andy has proven to be good enough to 9-11 wins every year, and upgrading from that isn't easy. Combine that with the uncertainty of the team's make up in years beyond 2015, and the only real option with any significant probability of getting to a Superbowl is Dalton starting in 2015. The team should be all in with "win now" going into this season and replacing the starting QB doesn't fit that mantra.

If they lose, then so be it... fire Marvin, cut Andy, blow it up. But this is not the offseason for that, this is the "last hurrah"

And there it as AGAIN.

To say that we were in clear need of a QB upgrade going into this season is revisionist history at best, and completely ridiculous at worst. Regardless, If we don't win the super bowl this season, it sure as fuck won't be because we didn't draft Teddy Bridgewater last year.

I don't know why its so hard to acknowledge that Andy has proven to be good enough to 9-11 wins every year, and upgrading from that isn't easy. Combine that with the uncertainty of the team's make up in years beyond 2015, and the only real option with any significant probability of getting to a Superbowl is Dalton starting in 2015. The team should be all in with "win now" going into this season and replacing the starting QB doesn't fit that mantra.

If they lose, then so be it... fire Marvin, cut Andy, blow it up. But this is not the offseason for that, this is the "last hurrah"

And there it as AGAIN.

http://youtu.be/Z-FPimCmbX8

I'd argue there was no realistic option to upgrade the QB situation last year, as there is no realistic option to do so this year.

Conversely , I'd argue that replacing a 9 to 11 win QB with an unknown runs a considerable risk of wasting years.

The fact that Andy has been a pretty successful QB appears to be lost in the context of this conversation. We're not talking about Geno Smith. You can do considerably worse than Andy Dalton, and the overwhelming odds are you would. The organization wasn't, and still isn't, in the position to take that chance.

Andy's terrible play limits the offense tremendously. If you want to argue that there isn't a clear cut upgrade I won't disagree. You could atleast try to get a guy who might be as good.

2014=Derek Carr, Teddy Bridgewater, Kyle Orton, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Mark Sanchez
2015=Mike Glennon*, Mark Sanchez, Colt McCoy, Ryan Mallett, Brian Hoyer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKKONgfNONU

Andy's terrible play limits the offense tremendously. If you want to argue that there isn't a clear cut upgrade I won't disagree. You could atleast try to get a guy who might be as good.

2014=Derek Carr, Teddy Bridgewater, Kyle Orton, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Mark Sanchez
2015=Mike Glennon*, Mark Sanchez, Colt McCoy, Ryan Mallett, Brian Hoyer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKKONgfNONU

Hyperbole aside, I agree that we need better play from the QB position.

However, if you really believe that those guys you listed had/have a better chance of improving this team than they do of setting it back, than I don't know what to say. I suppose we're on two completely different wave lengths cause I just can't see it that way.

However, if you really believe that those guys you listed had/have a better chance of improving this team than they do of setting it back, than I don't know what to say. I suppose we're on two completely different wave lengths cause I just can't see it that way.

They all played better than Dalton in 2014.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ADgCeYJMN4

I think that's at the very least debatable.

I get we're all frustrated at how this season played out, but looking at things objectively it's pretty clear Dalton is a better option for next season than any of those guys.

He only saves us 7 million to cut. I would unequivocally keep him next season but would love to add the Option A2 situation.

I can't think of any other amazing videos to play.

They all played better than Dalton in 2014.

I don't know why I even bother, but what I'd really like to see is the career passer ratings for each of your Murderer's Row of all-time great QBs-in-waiting. Please post them here for me. Pretty please.

He only saves us 7 million to cut. I would unequivocally keep him next season but would love to add the Option A2 situation.

I can't think of any other amazing videos to play.

I can understand wanting a contingency plan incase the wheels completely fall off.

However, if that happens I'd be inclined to let the next coach bring in the guy he wants.

I can understand wanting a contingency plan incase the wheels completely fall off.

However, if that happens I'd be inclined to let the next coach bring in the guy he wants.

QBs are so hard to find. I just want as many guys on the roster that I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they put up a good game, or developed in to stars. For me that is Glennon above all others available.

That's because you view Dalton as better than he is. Each and every one of those guys is more talented than Andy Dalton.

Archived