Star Wars VIII

Go Skins

The name of the Stand alone movie is official today

Star Wars: Rogue One

Will star Felicity Jones

http://www.starwars.com/news/rogue-one-is-the-first-star-wars-stand-alone-film-rian-johnson-to-write-and-direct-star-wars-episode-viii

Rogue One Is the First Star Wars Stand-Alone Film, Rian Johnson to Write and Direct Star Wars: Episode VIII The title for director Gareth Edwards' stand-alone movie, featuring actress Felicity Jones, is revealed, and Rian Johnson is confirmed for Star Wars: Episode VIII -- coming to theaters May 26, 2017.

“Always in motion is the future,” Yoda said. The future of the Star Wars cinematic galaxy, however, is taking shape.

This morning at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco, across the street from Lucasfilm, Disney chairman and CEO Bob Iger hosted a shareholder meeting where he announced news regarding the first Star Wars stand-alone movie as well as Star Wars: Episode VIII.

Rogue One is the title for the first film in a unique series of big-screen adventures that explores the characters and events beyond the core Star Wars saga. Rogue One will be directed by Gareth Edwards (Monsters, Godzilla) and written by Oscar nominee Chris Weitz (Cinderella, About a Boy, Antz). The first actress cast is Felicity Jones, who garnered an Academy Award nomination and critical acclaim for her performance in The Theory of Everything. The idea for the story of Rogue One came from John Knoll, an Academy Award-winning visual effects supervisor and chief creative officer at Industrial Light & Magic. He will executive produce along with Simon Emanuel (The Dark Knight Rises, Fast & Furious 6) and Jason McGatlin (Tintin, War of the Worlds). Kathleen Kennedy and Tony To (Band of Brothers, The Pacific) are on board to produce and John Swartz (Star Wars: The Force Awakens) will co-produce. The film starts shooting this summer in London and is due for release on December 16, 2016.

In addition, Iger confirmed that Rian Johnson will write and direct Star Wars: Episode VIII. The film, which continues the saga after the events of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, is set for release on May 26, 2017 — forty years and a day after the release of Star Wars: A New Hope in 1977. Johnson is widely considered one of cinema’s most gifted young filmmakers, having directed the modern sci-fi classic, Looper, as well as Brick and The Brothers Bloom. He was also behind the camera for three episodes of the critically-acclaimed TV series Breaking Bad, including “Ozymandias,” which series creator Vince Gilligan named as the best installment of the show. Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman, producer of LooperDon JonBrick, and The Brothers Bloom, are on board to produce.

I dont remember Jones in Spiderman 2 outside of that I havent seen either one in anything that I can recall.

Jones played Harry Osborn's secretary in Amazing Spiderman 2. It was a small role that was to be expanded into the Black Cat in the next film, which of course now will never be due to the Marvel deal.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Just thinking about how OL has been my biggest concern for this team since they lost Levi/Braham/Bobbie/Willie.  Who besides Whitworth had a chance to start vs that group? 

Makes me long for the days when Nate Livings was our biggest problem. 

O.o

4 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

This title sucks. I don't want this to be the last jedi. i want many more Jedi's

Could be a movie about Luke seeing as we got nothing from him in the last one except a stare. Also dont forget that we still have Ep. 9 as well, so there may be more Jedi.

2 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

So it could be the last jedi before there are more?

Could be, or it could be the last of the Jedi and they might branch out into people who are not Jedi but have force abilities, in the TV Show "The Clone Wars" and "Rebels" Anakin Skywalker's apprentace Asoka Tano went through the Jedi training but did not finish or become a Jedi but has the training so she can use the force but is technically not a Jedi.

Lots of questions from the title for sure, I'm sure well know at least some of those answers come Dec.

Archived