Armageddon... around the World...

Numbers

Then I would suggest to you to keep looking into this issue because she has since clarified her statement upon realizing the confusion.

That's great, we were talking about the article though. Is the mayor even mentioned i the article. I am not bashing the mayor at all. She had a thankless job. Certainly damned if she did damned if she didn't . 

Logic as a verb. Nice.

The entire article you posted makes no sense. It's trying to blame others for causing the climate that caused the riots. It is absolving actual criminals from their crimes because cops pulled them off busses.

Let me ask you a few questions.

How many children do you think were actually guilty of being involved with these threatening social messages? What %. I would guess minority at any rate,

If you think there might be some sort of violent element waiting to combust, why would you then trap all the innocent CHILDREN in with these people that you fear may have a violent clash with police?

What purpose did it serve to stop the buses and have all the children get off? Aside from putting innocent shildren in harms way, I'm not sure what the point was in rounding them all up in a confined space to cause disruptions.

Wouldn't it have made more sense for the police to instead aid in making sure that the innocent children trying to get home are able to, and to help disperse the crowd?

Regardless of who was to blame, this all seems like a massive blunder on the part of the police in the way things were handled.

Something tells me that if this were a suburban white school that the police had picked up on a group with violent intentions they would not have acted this way. Every effort would have been made to protect the innocent kids from the dangerous ones instead of the police treating every kid at the school like a criminal from the get go.

And that is the problem. Different standards for different people.

How many children do you think were actually guilty of being involved with these threatening social messages? What %. I would guess minority at any rate,

If you think there might be some sort of violent element waiting to combust, why would you then trap all the innocent CHILDREN in with these people that you fear may have a violent clash with police?

What purpose did it serve to stop the buses and have all the children get off? Aside from putting innocent shildren in harms way, I'm not sure what the point was in rounding them all up in a confined space to cause disruptions.

Wouldn't it have made more sense for the police to instead aid in making sure that the innocent children trying to get home are able to, and to help disperse the crowd?

Regardless of who was to blame, this all seems like a massive blunder on the part of the police in the way things were handled.

Something tells me that if this were a suburban white school that the police had picked up on a group with violent intentions they would not have acted this way. Every effort would have been made to protect the innocent kids from the dangerous ones instead of the police treating every kid at the school like a criminal from the get go.

Which is why they are justifiably angry, because it isnt just different standards in how this was handled, it's different standards in how crime is handled across the board. If you aren't angry about that you are either naive or intellectually lazy or worse.

Is the Mall right next to the school?  

Edit. The answer is yes according to google maps. 

I can definitely see merit in what your saying. But the article seems to act as if the cops provoked this somehow. The 2 things dont follow. Taken off a bus doesn't mean you have to loot stores and riot and injure cops. 

Is the Mall right next to the school?  

Edit. The answer is yes according to google maps. 

I can definitely see merit in what your saying. But the article seems to act as if the cops provoked this somehow. The 2 things dont follow. Taken off a bus doesn't mean you have to loot stores and riot and injure cops. 

Nice evasion. You also edited your post in a way not evident by your "edit" tag. Your original cast doubt while asking a question. Showing in clear detail, that while you didn't really know what you were talking about, you had made up your mind already. You then proceed to ignore the substance of my post in order to keep trudging ahead with your single minded purpose.

Nice evasion. You also edited your post in a way not evident by your "edit" tag. Your original cast doubt while asking a question. Showing in clear detail, that while you didn't really know what you were talking about, you had made up your mind already. You then proceed to ignore the substance of my post in order to keep trudging ahead with your single minded purpose.

This is a reoccurring theme if you haven't noticed.  That's why I don't bother to spend more than 2 mins with him, he's disingenuous.  

There is no attempt at looking at things as a whole, instead it's each individual incident as black and white.  Like everything happens in a vacuum.  Either the inability or unwillingness.  Either way, not a good look.  

So we are not talking about the article anymore, that the rest of us were talking about. Are we now talking about the entire picture of race? Your changing the rules. It's not surprising but you are changing the rules. 

Do you believe that if you are taken off a bus you then have the right to loot and attack cops?

This is a reoccurring theme if you haven't noticed.  That's why I don't bother to spend more than 2 mins with him, he's disingenuous.  

There is no attempt at looking at things as a whole, instead it's each individual incident as black and white.  Like everything happens in a vacuum.  Either the inability or unwillingness.  Either way, not a good look.  

Well said.  I think he simply enjoys being the devils advocate, and stirring shit up.  But then again, I've thought that ever since he was Globe.

The other reason that you don't is because you are completely overmatched and don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to formulating a logical argument. You just throw out your emotion, which has merit and is a part of all this. But if you slowed down a bit you might actual learn something or develop your logical thinking a bit. But you put your head down and say....ISIS was created by the US!!!!! YEAH. 

I love that you really have no logical thought in any of your arguments. This is Kennethmw level stuff here. 

The other reason that you don't is because you are completely overmatched and don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to formulating a logical argument. You just throw out your emotion, which has merit and is a part of all this. But if you slowed down a bit you might actual learn something or develop your logical thinking a bit. But you put your head down and say....ISIS was created by the US!!!!! YEAH. 

:lmao:

So we are not talking about the article anymore, that the rest of us were talking about. Are we now talking about the entire picture of race? Your changing the rules. It's not surprising but you are changing the rules. 

Do you believe that if you are taken off a bus you then have the right to loot and attack cops?

I asked questions first that you never answered. My whole post in fact has never been addressed by you. You keep trying to build some straw man about excusing the actions of a few bad apples.

I'm not going to indulge your strawman and I won't address your posts until you do me the same courtesy. Otherwise I simply must consider the conversation over.

Well said.  I think he simply enjoys being the devils advocate, and stirring shit up.  But then again, I've thought that ever since he was Globe.

To be kicked off an internet message board.....LOL!  To change your name and come back to same board.....uh...

I have to remind myself that he's the same guy that defended George Zimmerman with all his might.  Again, I give it up to those of you who actually spend time with his bullshit.  You all are better men than I am.  

I honestly had to rethink my whole Dalton narrative because it agreed somewhat with his. 

I asked questions first that you never answered. My whole post in fact has never been addressed by you. You keep trying to build some straw man about excusing the actions of a few bad apples.

I'm not going to indulge your strawman and I won't address your posts until you do me the same courtesy. Otherwise I simply must consider the conversation over.

You don't know what a strawman is. 

To be kicked off an internet message board.....LOL!  To change your name and come back to same board.....uh...

I have to remind myself that he's the same guy that defended George Zimmerman with all his might.  Again, I give it up to those of you who actually spend time with his bullshit.  You all are better men than I am.  

I honestly had to rethink my whole Dalton narrative because it agreed somewhat with his. 

Again, you have zero substance here. 

How many children do you think were actually guilty of being involved with these threatening social messages? What %. I would guess minority at any rate,  GREAT POINT

If you think there might be some sort of violent element waiting to combust, why would you then trap all the innocent CHILDREN in with these people that you fear may have a violent clash with police? Great Point

What purpose did it serve to stop the buses and have all the children get off? Aside from putting innocent shildren in harms way, I'm not sure what the point was in rounding them all up in a confined space to cause disruptions. Great point, but I think the purpose was to end the momentum before it started. They should have let the busses disburse and just go to the mall. You are right. 

Wouldn't it have made more sense for the police to instead aid in making sure that the innocent children trying to get home are able to, and to help disperse the crowd? YES

Definitely. So was the care of Gray no matter how you look at it. 

Not sure on that one. I think its tough to tell a criminal from a good kid and you can't just ask him. 

I agreed with this. I thought it was a good point. My point is that it doesn't follow that you have to riot because of it. 

In regards to your specific questions I will post in the thread. 

Just a few words for what the United States is turning into...

Jade Helm 15

I always enjoy watching military exercises taking place in the civilian community...

Lest you think the US is not preparing for Urban Warfare, please view the overhead views of military bases. Lots of urban environment comparable to US and not middle east style of housing...

Note: these urban areas are being installed where there were formerly middle east style areas, all within the last few years.

Just a few words for what the United States is turning into...

Jade Helm 15

I always enjoy watching military exercises taking place in the civilian community...

Lest you think the US is not preparing for Urban Warfare, please view the overhead views of military bases. Lots of urban environment comparable to US and not middle east style of housing...

Note: these urban areas are being installed where there were formerly middle east style areas, all within the last few years.

:lmao: :lmao:

I agreed with this. I thought it was a good point. My point is that it doesn't follow that you have to riot because of it. 

In regards to your specific questions I will post in the thread. 

I don't think anyone, even the person from Mother Jones who wrote that article is saying that rioting was the right response, or the actions of the police excused what happened. Just that what the police did at best did nothing to help and endangered innocent children, but most likely inflamed the situation when they should have been defusing it. The police need to be the grown-ups here who know how to handle this shit properly. The fact that they can't seem to get it right in certain situations (situation which overwhelmingly seem to involve minorities) is the exact conversation that is happening here and around the country.

I think the entire tone of the article is that this was the obvious result of the cops actions. Which I think is false. 

As Meghann Harris put it, "if I were a Douglas student that just got trapped in the middle of a minefield BY cops without any way to get home and completely in harm's way, I'd be ready to pop off, too."

On social media, eyewitnesses chronicled the dramatic police presence before the rioting began:

If they tried to put MW on Mt Rushmore, they'd have an issue because I don't think the current rock is hard enough for that head.  

yep no merrit in what Khat said there at all

yeesh

You should change your screenname to something Dalton based. :)

Archived