Evan Mathis

I dvr all of the games (but only keep the wins - actually in 2009 I burned them to DVD). Summer 2010 I rewatched the 2009 wins. Mathis was very good. I remember one play in particular he drove his guy 5 yards away from the play. The game wher Slim got hurt he also got hurt, and that contributed as much to the offensive slump as losing 15.

I dvr all of the games (but only keep the wins - actually in 2009 I burned them to DVD). Summer 2010 I rewatched the 2009 wins. Mathis was very good. I remember one play in particular he drove his guy 5 yards away from the play. The game wher Slim got hurt he also got hurt, and that contributed as much to the offensive slump as losing 15.

He was splitting time with Livings before he got injured.  And when he (Mathis) returned later that year he did not look as good as he did before the injury.

I don't disagree with anyone who claims that Mathis was playing very well before his injury in '09.

Once again, fuck Evan Mathis. Still don't think he was ever worth all the accolades and shit. PFF and all those other places sucking his cawk 24/7 gave him a big head. He was always an average to above average lineman, IMO.

No one thought much of Mathis when he left the Bengals in 2011.  He was fat and out of shape.  He had 22 NFL starts under his belt, but had to settle for a league minimum contract with the Eagles.

Can't fault Paul when every other team in the league agreed with him.

Uh, every other team didn't agree with him since he got signed.

Uh, every other team didn't agree with him since he got signed.

They all agreed that he was a scrub who was not worth of being a starter.  A league minimum contract is just a team saying they will give you a chance to make the roster as a back up.  I give Mathis a lot of credit for getting back in shape.  He has played very well since he has been with the Eagles, but he only got a chance to start because of injuries to starters.

Chip Kelly claimed that hehas been trying to trade Mathis for two years but hasn't gotten any offers.  I don't know if Kelly is telling the whole truth, but if he is then Mathis must be a huge asshole.  He has talent and teams will forgive a lot if a guy has talent.  I guess it is like people here have said.  He may be good, but he is not as good or worth as much as he thinks he is.

I don't remember what Mathis signed for in 2011, but he WON the starters job out for training camp and was the starter the whole time there. He signed his mega deal the following season and has been rated one of the top OG in the NFL since 2011.

Archived