Pollack will have the most lengthy hold out

I personally think Marvin has been fuming about this situation for some time and finally went public w/ it. It angers a coach when he has to be involved in contract disputes, that isn't his job and he shouldn't have to be distracted b/c of stingy agents and a clueless client. I think Pollack has completely let this get out of control and gave his agents way too much say in this contract. I wonder sometimes if Pollack even knows what's going on.

Ultimately, the blame can't be given to the agent since he is working on behalf of the client (Pollack) but it seems these agents are playing Pollack like a damned fiddle.

Pollack's last comments were at the Reds game a few weeks ago and thought it would be very soon at that point and seemed upbeat about it. Since then his agents told him to go home to Georgia which he did which was a total bargaining move by the agents to get the Bengals to blink, they haven't. They probably tell him the Bengals will cave any day now and things should be wrapping up soon.

I'm not saying that Pollack is not at fault here b/c he could have fired these guys some time ago and hired someone to simply get this done but I don't really see him as a money grubbing punk either. I think he's simply a football
player and kind of lost w/ the whole business side and is getting played by these two agents. It hurts him a good deal and forces the Bengals to re-define roles on the defensive side of the ball.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='Aug 15 2005, 01:48 PM']Wow ....... now Pollack is really getting on my nerves. I was extremely patient with him and defended him, but now he has made Marvin angry. Pollack better get his lame hold out ass in camp asap. I can't wait to see Marvin chew him out, when he makes his gay ass rookie mistakes.
[right][post="131173"][/post][/right][/quote]

Pollack will be down to 230 lbs after all the wind sprints Marvin will make him run.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

[quote name='BengalsNYC' date='Aug 15 2005, 01:46 PM']An Update......

Holdout tests Lewis creed 
8-15-05, 12:40 p.m.
BY GEOFF HOBSON
GEORGETOWN, Ky. _ With David Pollack’s holdout stretching to 18 days and 20 practices Monday morning, Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis had his harshest words yet for one of three unsigned first-round draft picks left in the NFL.

A visibly frustrated Lewis chose a news conference to discuss how Pollack’s holdout has flown in the face of the unselfish culture he’s created in his three seasons running the Bengals.

[b]“I think we’ve really fought very hard to eliminate these kind of actions around here and it’s a shame that it occurred,” Lewis said. “We have other guys who have chosen to be here and we’ve eliminated selfishness that occurs. I’ve said it many times. If that’s what it comes down to, a dollar here a dollar there, they’re on the wrong football team. This football team will never, ever be guided by one guy. . .We’re not going to be compromised by one player or one person and that’s not going to change. [/b]

“That’s been important. It’s important to the guys who sit in these chairs every night that we do not change that because we believe in that,” said Lewis in a room that doubles as the team’s meeting space here at Georgetown College. “It’s been proven around the league that’s what wins.”

Lewis reiterated that he feels the club has “given in every way,” to Pollack’s agents, and “then it’s not good enough.”
[right][post="131171"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Think Chad will get this memo in case he tries to hold out next year?

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='Aug 15 2005, 01:05 PM']Do they have a video of this news conference anywhere .... I would love to see it.
[right][post="131197"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

The video and transcript are now on www.bengals.com

[url="http://www.bengals.com/press/news.asp?iCurPage=0&news_id=3070"]Press Conference Link[/url]

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Aug 15 2005, 05:41 PM']i'm in the same boat as you... i'm tired of talking about it, and i have been on pollacks side (b/c i know he'll sign, and we will all love him) but my God... please get to camp pollack!!
[right][post="131167"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i thought he would be a little more stout at the point of attack as compared to Landon..... But I have no doubt with LJ at the OLB his natural position, will be just as good as Pollack.... If Pollack thinks he is going to get his job back, he better think again. L.J knows the defensive playbook better, so it's more second nature to him. I think LJ is quicker and therefore better in coverage than Pollack. The coaches love LJ and his football intelligence...... I wonder how will it feel for Pollack to be watching his GA team mate in there kicking ass, and him just running down the field on special teams..... The only way David will start a game is, God forbid LJ gets hurt.

anyways apparently cedric benson is signing shortly. so the only two left are pollack and pac man? i dont want pollack to be put in the same class as pac man when it comes to ANYTHING, and if he holds out longer then pac man i will personally call his mom and tell her she raised a greedy bitch. is the pickens clause really that big of a deal or is there something else the sides cant agree on that i didnt hear about. IN CLOSING: fuck you pollack i loved you until right now

:headbang: :headbang:

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='Palmerforpresident9' date='Aug 15 2005, 04:44 PM']I was gone over the past week...did braylon sign???
dammit :rant:
pleasee david signnnn :contract:
:bullhorn:
:rockon:   :rockon:   :rockon:   :rockon:   :rockon:   :headbang:   :headbang:   :headbang:
[right][post="131334"][/post][/right][/quote]

Everyone has signed, except for pollack and pacman jones.

I think benson has yet to sign, but supposedly it's pretty close to being finished...

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='Aug 15 2005, 03:20 PM']Damn, I wish I wasn't at work, so I could watch that. Anyway you could describe his demeanor Esjbh2, while he speaks of Pollack?
[right][post="131273"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I'm at work too, and have only read the transcripts myself. I'm anxious to see the video, since I always get a better perspective from Marvin in the actual videos. If he has that smirky smile, then I take things with a grain of salt, but when he's serious you can just tell by the way his expression and tone change significantly.

Anyone else see the video, and care to comment on how pissed Marvin seemed?

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='esjbh2' date='Aug 15 2005, 03:53 PM']I'm at work too, and have only read the transcripts myself.  I'm anxious to see the video, since I always get a better perspective from Marvin in the actual videos.  If he has that smirky smile, then I take things with a grain of salt, but when he's serious you can just tell by the way his expression and tone change significantly.

Anyone else see the video, and care to comment on how pissed Marvin seemed?
[right][post="131344"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I just watched it.
He wasn`t pissed...but he was serious.
Then at the end of the Pollack part when he was asked what they have
learned from all of this and he laughed and said "I`ll get back with you on
that...it`s not over yet...the saga continues."

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Aug 16 2005, 07:27 AM']Word in TN is that Pacman Jones' deal is pretty much done :rolleyes:
[right][post="131649"][/post][/right][/quote]

Are you in Tennetucky ?

I haven`t heard anything...but I haven`t really
been listening...

Archived