Question on exiting Paycor Stadium once game is over

Wife and I attended the Monday game and we were surprised on how long it took to exit the stadium.

We were seated in section 128, and it took at least 45 minutes before we reached 3rd Street.

Is this normal, or was it due to the game being on Monday night?

40 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

Wife and I attended the Monday game and we were surprised on how long it took to exit the stadium.

We were seated in section 128, and it took at least 45 minutes before we reached 3rd Street.

Is this normal, or was it due to the game being on Monday night?

Unfortunately, that has been more of a problem than usual this season.

Ref some of the previous comments about the "game day experience" and excessive

drinking, etc.  I hope the herd thins as the season progresses.

One tip is to run for the exit as soon as the game ends, Joe takes a knee, etc.

A lot of people stay to celebrate and you can beat them out the gate.

• Upvote 1

I'll chalk it up as a lot of people were there outside the stadium to experience the "White Out" and the Monday Night experience..

But man, it was dangerously overcrowded.

I've been to football games at Texas A&M,  that seat well over 100,000, and it wasn't nearly as bad as it was at Paycor on that Monday night.

• Upvote 3

There are painfully few exits available from the pavilions to the feeder streets. I am always funneled onto Freedom Way from the pavilion adjacent to the primary entrance to the stadium. 

Besides the masses being pushed out onto a smaller street, there are also thousands of street bands, homeless people, and other beggars situated on sidewalks. It takes forever to get to 3rd Street. 

• Like 1

it really depends, like others said, GTFO of there the SECOND you can. 

i have two sets of season tickets, one set lower level 35 yardline behind bengals bench, mid row, and one set 5 yardline bengals lower sideline, aisle seats, 3 rows down from exit hallway, i sit in the worse seats, due to the aisle and easy entrance and exit, i pay whatever ungodly price i have to for Lot 1, my seats are on that side, i park by the far exit, occasionally the streets are slow traffic, but im a block from the highway entrance, ive made it from my seats to my hotel in 15 minutes before. but the 35 yardline mid row, im waiting for my row to clear, 8-10 people in each direction, someone is clapping, someone taking a picture, someone finding their belongings, its 5 minutes to exit the row, then im 6 rows further down, not 18,000 people beat me to the door. and their cars. fucked.

so picking your tickets, aisle will save you 30 minutes outside the stadium easy, near the exit door/tunnel, save you another 20 minutes worth of people not beating you out.

im old, im tired, i dont care for drunken mobs, its worth it to spend a couple bucks to get a more convenient seat.

we have nuggets season tickets as well (at least one of my teams won a championship) we are 6 rows off the court, on the aisle, i can be in my car in 6 minutes, streets are empty, im home when people are still leaving the parking lot. I picked the section specifically due to the exit being 15 feet away, dont have to go up or down to exit, and that exit tunnel is by the front door, which is next to the lot i park in. i couldnt, i WOULDNT go to an arena 2-3 times a week if i had to deal with crowds and traffic and all that nonsense. i just dont have it in me.

i will say, tohugh, with cincinnati have traffic split 4 ways out of downtown, traffic isnt usually too bad, 2-3 times in the last 2 years i got stuck for 15-20 minutes.

For us...

A trick my son and I have discovered is that when you make it down to the Plaza level,

stay inside the stadium until you reach the exit for Gate D which leads directly to The Banks 

and N/S streets into downtown.

Most people rush to get out of the stadium and cause a mass of humanity on the concourse.

Much quicker to avoid that and stay in the stadium making your way to the exit rather than fighting the drunke herd

outside.

JMHO

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1