WEEK 16: @ SQUEELERS (GameDey thread)

5 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

he's all or nothing

I thought he was falling over his own feet or bumping into his own players.

I also wanted to see McCarron. 

no :ninja:

Yup, he's so dead focused on getting the ball out it is typically either an actual turnover or he is a liability in trying to tackle the ball carrier.  The first TD yesterday it looked like he kind of hesitated, waiting for Turner to start tackling Pickens so he could make a grab for the ball instead of just hammering the guy.

As for Wilson, I said it during the game in here that he's looked a step or two slower this year and his usual solid pass coverage skills appear to have suffered.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

…on the good side, they did keep Freiermuth (sp?) under wraps.  Did he even have a catch?  

Apparently the scheme to cover the TEs leaves top-quality WRs practically uncovered. 😕

No, he didn’t, and I think Darnell Washington only had one catch.

Probably don't want to read this but, the Stealers have beaten us 70 times as of yesterday as we have only beaten them 39 times with no ties over our History.  We have won the last 4 out of 7 against them with one of the games they beat us in OT.  If that is any consolation from the drubbing.  

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

The Bengals got their asses whipped on both sides of the ball.  Pittsburgh is a physical team.  The Bengals are soft as baby shit and it starts with Taylor.  They have a high dollar offensive line that can’t run against the #22 run defense. As it stands the Bengals are significant underdogs in 6 games a year.  

I am not outraged at Browning.  I am tired of this team being soft and the HC that enables it. 

The other 3 teams in our division are built to be physical and we are not. We don’t match up well. How can Cleveland lose 4/5 of their offensive line, their Pro Bowl running back, their starting QB, and still be able to run the ball effectively? I would argue that Hendrickson is comparable to Garrett or Watt, or very close. We’ve suffered bad injuries, too, but that only partially excuses the shitstorm we saw yesterday. Once again, the team started believing their own press and all of the “feel good” stories from the media. 

• Upvote 1

The defense is in shambles.

BJ Hill goes to NT with Zach Carter at 3tech.

Carter can't handle the run at all.

Josh Tupou plays but he's so slow.

Backers are both liabilities in pass games.

ADG was supposed to be the coverage backer but he's mia alot and not so effective when he plays..

Dbacks...

Chido and Hilton can't cover.

Dax Hill looks out of place at FS..

Could Hill be better in the slot?

Id release Awuzie, Reader, Mixon  and Jonah.

That's 41  mil in cap spent elsewhere

to fix problems.

Why they don't stay with play action instead of Shotgun is beyond me.

I think Taylor likes the Gun package more for whatever reason..

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Shebengal said:

The other 3 teams in our division are built to be physical and we are not. We don’t match up well. How can Cleveland lose 4/5 of their offensive line, their Pro Bowl running back, their starting QB, and still be able to run the ball effectively? I would argue that Hendrickson is comparable to Garrett or Watt, or very close. We’ve suffered bad injuries, too, but that only partially excuses the shitstorm we saw yesterday. Once again, the team started believing their own press and all of the “feel good” stories from the media. 

Bill Callahan must pull rabbits out of a hat on the side.

Their Oline is decimated and they keep it together somehow.

Damn I wish the Bengals could land him here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

The defense is in shambles.

BJ Hill goes to NT with Zach Carter at 3tech.

Carter can't handle the run at all.

Josh Tupou plays but he's so slow.

Backers are both liabilities in pass games.

ADG was supposed to be the coverage backer but he's mia alot and not so effective when he plays..

Dbacks...

Chido and Hilton can't cover.

Dax Hill looks out of place at FS..

Could Hill be better in the slot?

Id release Awuzie, Reader, Mixon  and Jonah.

That's 41  mil in cap spent elsewhere

to fix problems.

Why they don't stay with play action instead of Shotgun is beyond me.

I think Taylor likes the Gun package more for whatever reason..

Mixon has at times, been the best player for the bengals. I’d make him take another pay cut but I’d like to have him back with CBrown backing up. He’s as reliable as it gets for the most part. 

Reader won’t return to form, IMO. Bad injury, one of the worst someone at his position and someone of his size can incur. He’s not going to be back IMO. 

Awuzie is a FA this year, next year will be his 2nd year past ACL reconstruction. Players at his position typically get back or close to their pre injury form second year after surgery. If you can resign him for cheap, I say do it. I think he’ll be closer to himself if not fully back. Getting older though…

Jonah….hate the inconsistency, I would look to replace him with someone with a high ceiling. Need athletic tackles in this division. Jonah is the opposite of athletic and has lower end measurable.  

• Upvote 1