Title Edit: Devon Still's Daughter has Cancer.

Bengal cut former second-rounder Devon Still

Posted by Mike Florio on August 30, 2014, 1:55 PM EDT
still.jpg?w=338Getty Images

In 2012, the Bengals used a second-round pick on defensive lineman Devon Still.  In 2014, they release him.

Per a league source, Still will be among the cuts down to 53 players.

Still appeared in 10 games last season and eight as a rookie.  He told PFT Live a month before the 2012 draft that Still, who played at Penn State, is a Stealers fan.  The Stealers, along with every other team, will now have a chance to claim him on waivers.

Still’s situation underscores the inherent crapshoot that is the draft.  In the same year they ultimately wasted a second-round pick on Still, the Bengals signed an undrafted linebacker named Vontaze Burfict.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/30/bengal-cut-former-second-rounder-devon-still/

Worthy and Still cut on the same day.  I have the STRONG feeling that team has an understanding with Devon to send him to the PS if he clears waivers.  The guy has clearly been distracted.  I'm sure MB, who takes care of his own like no one else, has him snugly under his wing. Still, it's gotta be tough to have your daughter fighting cancer and then lose your dream job...

As a far as football goes he hasn't brought much to the table honestly. I am sure that was a very tough cut for the Bengals to make but it is a business. Now as far as his child goes like alleycat said Mr. Brown takes care of his own and I am sure they will help him out and do what they can. 

I know the guy has been struggling but damn.  For pretty good reasons I'd think!  

The thing with his daughter was recent. He hasnt done shit since he was drafted. Cant believe he was the defensive player of the year in college and a green room selection for the draft.

That said, hopefully he is put on the practice squad.

The thing with his daughter was recent. He hasnt done shit since he was drafted. Cant believe he was the defensive player of the year in college and a green room selection for the draft.
That said, hopefully he is put on the practice squad.

I agree. Man the way he played in college was crazy good. But he hadn't done a thing here.
Hate it for him and his family though

I find this surprising considering the kept Flowers and DiManche and Bilukidi (even though two play at different positions).

As for the Mike Brown taking care of his own with reference to Still,

I would not be at all surprised if Mike Zimmer new of the cut before

Devon did and Mr. Still will be sporting purple by next Sunday.

God Bless and all the best to Still and his family no matter how

this shakes down.

(4/4) Waive the following: -DE Dontay Moch -DE Sam Montgomery -OC Trevor Robinson -DT Devon Still -FB Nikita Whitlock -HB James Wilder

(3/4) Waive the following: -TE Orson Charles -OT Dan France -WR Cobi Hamilton -DT David King -WR Colin Lockett -CB Onterio McCalebb

(2/4) -Waived from IR CB Lavelle Westbrooks -Terminate the contracts of S Danieal Manning and OT Will Svitek

(1/4) NEWS: #Bengals make the following moves: -Place OG Trey Hopkins on IR -Place QB AJ McCarron on Reserve/Non-Football Injury

Archived