WR Need in offseason

6 hours ago, Jpoore said:

Has nothing to do with his onfield production. He made a mistake that will cost him millions.I think he could be a huge star in this league. Getting a first round talent in the 4th ala Billings, Atkins, etc? I'm going all out for him.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

I'm waiting to see Billings actually on the field.  The Bengals were talking about what a steal and investment Ogbuehi was when we took him and look how he turned out.  I don't care if he (Ogbuhei) is good next season, that's two years of first round draft pick contract and money wasted.

As far as WR, if Williams is there, he's a Bengal.  Mike Brown can never pass a top rated wide receiver no matter what is needed elsewhere.

I'm waiting to see Billings actually on the field.  The Bengals were talking about what a steal and investment Ogbuehi was when we took him and look how he turned out.  I don't care if he (Ogbuhei) is good next season, that's two years of first round draft pick contract and money wasted.
As far as WR, if Williams is there, he's a Bengal.  Mike Brown can never pass a top rated wide receiver no matter what is needed elsewhere.

Man can u imagine that offense with aj, Williams, Boyd, eifert with rbs like gio and mixon? As far as Billings... at worst I see him as a peko 4.0 super strong more athletic better at getting to the qb. One on one he's stronger than anyone. The difference with ogbuehi is he's a first round talent we got in 1st round. Billings is 1st round talent we got in 4th.

1 hour ago, Jpoore said:

Man can u imagine that offense with aj, Williams, Boyd, eifert with rbs like gio and mixon?

I can imagine our offense sputtering as we give up 30 pts a game because we keep investing in flashy offensive skill players while the rest of the team deteriorates.

8 hours ago, Jpoore said:

Has nothing to do with his onfield production. He made a mistake that will cost him millions.I think he could be a huge star in this league. Getting a first round talent in the 4th ala Billings, Atkins, etc? I'm going all out for him.

Has to do with his ability to be on the field and whether or not you endorse this kind of behavior. Also has to do with his decision making. You asked a question and I gave you the obvious answer. 

2 hours ago, fredtoast said:

She deserved it.

:huh:

Mixon entered an Alford plea to a misdemeanor assault charge in October 2014 for punching a woman named Amelia Molitor in the head, causing broken bones in her face which required hospitalization and surgery. The incident happened on July 25, 2014 at Pickleman's Gourmet Cafe in Norman, on Campus Corner.

According to Molitor, Mixon and some of his teammates were harassing Molitor and her friend because the friend is gay. Mixon then followed Molitor and her friend into the shop. The surveillance video of the incident showed Mixon and Molitor having a verbal argument, which was followed by Molitor pushing Mixon, him lunging at her, her slapping him, and him punching her. The punch caused her face to slam into a table. Mixon later told police that Molitor's friend had directed a racial slur at him and that he responded with an anti-gay slur at the friend.[6]

On 1/14/2017 at 11:20 PM, Jpoore said:

I'm in love with. Mixon dude is a bruiser with the frame and running style of Henry but makes one handed catches like obj. Got a first round grade but will be available in the 5th due to video. As far as fournette looks like ankle issues will be chronic so pass.

No to Mixon.   Guys is a dirt bag.     We don't need him on the Bengals .

No to Mixon.   Guys is a dirt bag.     We don't need him on the Bengals .

He'll go to a team that can get away with that sort of shit, like Baltimore.

Don't understand the hate. So if u could have a elite rb u do it. He made a mistake 3 years ago that will cost him millions of dollars. If u feel like it was just the one mistake u pull the trigger. U can get a first round rb in the 5th round ur not gonna do it? I am doing it no problem.

Has to do with his ability to be on the field and whether or not you endorse this kind of behavior. Also has to do with his decision making. You asked a question and I gave you the obvious answer. 

His ability to be on the field? No different from pacman, burfict, etc. It was 3 years ago. If you feel like it was a 1 time thing u do it.

2 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

His ability to be on the field? No different from pacman, burfict

Uh, what? When has Burfict done anything remotely like that? He's not been in any kind of off-field trouble AFAIK.  Goodell finds it convenient to label him a thug so he has someone to punish in an effort to avoid a lawsuit over concussions. All Burfict's done is try to play the game by the same rules that Shitsburgh gets.

4 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

Don't understand the hate. So if u could have a elite rb u do it. He made a mistake 3 years ago that will cost him millions of dollars. If u feel like it was just the one mistake u pull the trigger. U can get a first round rb in the 5th round ur not gonna do it? I am doing it no problem.

Same here.

The problem is that none of us have all the info that NFL teams get on these players.  You have to look deep at a guy who has just one big black mark on his record.  some of those are good guys who made mistakes.  Who remembers that Leon hall had a DUI?  But some of them are spoiled thugs.  The teams do a lot of background checks that we never hear about.  I'd definitely take a chance on a guy like Mixon if that incident was an isolated event.  teams just have to do their homework and make sure there are not other red flags that did not make the news. 

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Uh, what? When has Burfict done anything remotely like that? He's not been in any kind of off-field trouble AFAIK.  Goodell finds it convenient to label him a thug so he has someone to punish in an effort to avoid a lawsuit over concussions. All Burfict's done is try to play the game by the same rules that Shitsburgh gets.

I am  Burfict fan.  Burfict I do have to point out that he got in a locker room fight with a teammate in college.

Nothing compared to hitting a woman, but not exactly a clean record.

The leg twisting, even though it was on the field, really blew up his thug rep.  His every move got a lot more attention after that.

2 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Same here.

The problem is that none of us have all the info that NFL teams get on these players.  You have to look deep at a guy who has just one big black mark on his record.  some of those are good guys who made mistakes.  Who remembers that Leon hall had a DUI?  But some of them are spoiled thugs.  The teams do a lot of background checks that we never hear about.  I'd definitely take a chance on a guy like Mixon if that incident was an isolated event.  teams just have to do their homework and make sure there are not other red flags that did not make the news. 

Oklahoma suspended Mixon for one game in 2016 after an incident involving him and a parking attendant. After receiving a parking citation, Mixon confronted the attendant, tore the citation in half, and threw the pieces, which hit her in the face. According to the incident report, he then "inched at the officer" with his vehicle "to intimidate the officer".[8]

So that's 2 just off Wikipedia. 

Burfict hasn't had any problem on the field. But like it or not, he still hasn't been able to stay on the field due to suspension and if it happens again it will be quite a lengthy one. Mixon is worth a 5th round pick. People want Dalvin cook in the first. Mixon is better and u can get him in the 5th. I have no problem with burfict he's my favorite player. Just wanted to Address ur problem to stay on the field narrative.

1 minute ago, Jpoore said:

Burfict hasn't had any problem on the field. But like it or not, he still hasn't been able to stay on the field due to suspension and if it happens again it will be quite a lengthy one.

So we agree that our team is singled out for punishment yet you want to draft a problematic college player.

Same here.

This is my point. in the 5th and beyond its rare to get A Star. Imo mixon is the best rb in the draft. Look at tyreek hill? What he did was way worse. U think kc regrets drafting him? I did like in his press conference he didn't shy away and answered every reporters question no matter how small. His interview with Bengals will be important but if u feel it was isolated do it.

So we agree that our team is singled out for punishment yet you want to draft a problematic college player.

Problematic? One incident 3 years ago? I'm sorry but ripping up a ticket and getting angry at a ticket is not a problem. We have had players like this that work out. Guess u wouldn't want Tyree hill on our team either.

1 minute ago, Jpoore said:

Problematic? One incident 3 years ago? I'm sorry but ripping up a ticket and getting angry at a ticket is not a problem.

Throwing it in the attendant's face and then acting like you were going to run them over certainly is, though.  People get themselves shot doing that shit.

59 minutes ago, SocalBengalEd said:

Dude.  He knocked out a girl.    Not a DUI not a late hit on the field he assaulted a girl.  Wtf is wrong with you guys.   That's more than a simple mistake.  I wish you were the father of that girl that got knocked out by Mixon 

He broke her jaw so she had to eat out a straw for months. 

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

he didn't just knock her out....he knocked that bitch THE FUCK OUT!!

I'd grab him in the 5th I guess but I'd be hoping someone takes him before it came to that.

Surely some classy, classy franchise that does things the right way will take care of that.

Archived