Steelernation

Jamie_B

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='173190' date='Oct 19 2005, 10:51 PM'][quote name='Idioteque' post='173170' date='Oct 19 2005, 10:33 PM']

I'll ask again, I guess.

With a 76-year-old Bettis...... .are you saying the Steeler running game was the reason for a nine-game swing and a 15-1 record?[/quote]
Who cares if Bettis is 76, you somehow managed to have the second ranked rushing attack in the NFL.
[url="http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-RUSHING/2004/regular?sort_col_1=7"]http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-...ar?sort_col_1=7[/url]

#1 ranked defense BTW....
[url="http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-TOTAL/2004/regular?sort_col_1=4"]http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-...ar?sort_col_1=4[/url]

Obviously Ben was a big part of the rushing attack and defense, so he should get all of the credit.
[/quote]

Way to not answer the question.

Hell, the Falcons were #1 in run defense last year. Why didn't they go 15-1 and lock up homefield?

Admit it or not, Ben is an extraordinarily accurate QB. Palmer is, too, but he'll need to prove it against an NFL defense.

[quote name='BruchDawg' post='172493' date='Oct 18 2005, 06:12 PM'][quote name='Beaker' post='171920' date='Oct 17 2005, 09:05 PM']
[quote name='clinton' post='171899' date='Oct 18 2005, 12:18 AM']
who are you guys again? Oh thats right, just another pretender whose stadium WE fill...[/quote]

Go fill our stadium...I'll be at your house filling your wife. That way we can fuck your wife and your team on the same day. And when you get home after the long, shameful ride...tell me how I taste after you kiss her.
[/quote]

Beaker, we've talked about this before. Your better then this. C'mon dude, that is without class. I expect better from you, and you should expect better of yourself. :fing03:

I know they are Steeler fans, but really........rise above my man! :headbang:
[/quote]

Yeah Beaker...what are you thinking?

PS....Be sure to bring a brown bag, nothing see through....being from Pissburgh, you might have to bag her face before doing the deed. :ninja:

[quote name='Idioteque' post='173170' date='Oct 19 2005, 10:33 PM']Way to not answer the question.

Hell, the Falcons were #1 in run defense last year. Why didn't they go 15-1 and lock up homefield?

Admit it or not, Ben is an extraordinarily accurate QB. Palmer is, too, but he'll need to prove it against an NFL defense.[/quote]
Thought I was obvious but the answer was yes.

Pitt = 4th against pass
Atlanta = 22nd against pass

Oh and Ben is a better QB than Vick, who is the most overrated player in the history of the NFL.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='173209' date='Oct 19 2005, 11:08 PM'][quote name='Idioteque' post='173170' date='Oct 19 2005, 10:33 PM']

Way to not answer the question.

Admit it or not, Ben is an extraordinarily accurate QB. Palmer is, too, but he'll need to prove it against an NFL defense.[/quote]
Thought I was obvious but the answer was yes.

Pitt = 4th against pass
Atlanta = 22nd against pass

Oh and Ben is a better QB than Vick, who is the most overrated player in the history of the NFL.
[/quote]

Ohhhhhhhhh..... pass defense accounted for nine extra wins. Gotcha.

I'll say it yet again. The Steelers are 18-17-1 under Tommy Maddox with pretty much the same roster. The Bengals would be 5-1 under Kitna right now.

[quote name='Aries1247' post='173222' date='Oct 19 2005, 11:35 PM'][quote]Idioteque Today, 11:05 PM Post #79

Stats or wins, guys? Which are you hanging your hats on?[/quote]

Id, it's the Bengals, of course they opt for 'stats'. It's all they got.
[/quote]

Yeah, but they were in the Super Bowl in '88. By Fumble by the Bengals math, that was like 10 years ago!

[quote name='Idioteque' post='173224' date='Oct 19 2005, 11:41 PM'][quote name='Aries1247' post='173222' date='Oct 19 2005, 11:35 PM']
[quote]Idioteque Today, 11:05 PM Post #79

[/quote]

Yeah, but they were in the Super Bowl in '88. By Fumble by the Bengals math, that was like 10 years ago!
[/quote]

yea we suck, you guys actually were in the superbowl a decade ago, silly us...

[quote name='Aries1247' post='173222' date='Oct 19 2005, 11:35 PM'][quote]Idioteque Today, 11:05 PM Post #79

Id, it's the BUNGLES, of course they opt for 'stats'. It's all they got.
[/quote]

Nice to see you joined us, welcome to the site.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='173231' date='Oct 19 2005, 11:49 PM']Nice to see you joined us, welcome to the site.[/quote]

Eh, it's [i]ight [/i] here. You're not a bunch of those Ratbird type douchers that wack threads at the drop of a hat cause you can dish it out but can't take it, are you?

[quote name='Aries1247' post='173233' date='Oct 19 2005, 11:53 PM'][quote name='Jamie_B' post='173231' date='Oct 19 2005, 11:49 PM']
Nice to see you joined us, welcome to the site.[/quote]

Eh, it's [i]ight [/i] here. You're not a bunch of those Ratbird type douchers that wack threads at the drop of a hat cause you can dish it out but can't take it, are you?
[/quote]

Ok, I know it's a division rival thing and all, but Dude, comparing me to a Ratbird fan.... thats low.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='173237' date='Oct 20 2005, 12:02 AM'][quote name='Aries1247' post='173233' date='Oct 19 2005, 11:53 PM']
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='173231' date='Oct 19 2005, 11:49 PM']

[/quote]

Ok, I know it's a division rival thing and all, but Dude, comparing me to a Ratbird fan.... thats low.
[/quote]

You gained a lot of respect when I read your sig, Jamie.

I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn..... literal!!!!!

R.I.P Mitch.

Guest mongoloido
you guys really need to learn to delete the parts of quotes you aren't replying to. scrolling through the quote of a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote just to get to a one liner that gets added to the mountain of quotes in the next reply is terrible. I've can't tell which is worse, finding what is actually new to each post or what is actually being said...

[quote name='Idioteque' post='173210' date='Oct 19 2005, 11:09 PM']Ohhhhhhhhh..... pass defense accounted for nine extra wins. Gotcha.

I'll say it yet again. The Steelers are 18-17-1 under Tommy Maddox with pretty much the same roster.[/quote]
You went to the second round of the playoffs with "Touchdown" Tommy Maddox at QB in 2002, and Kordell "Horrible" Stewart in 2001. In 2003 the Steelers offensive philosophy changed from run first to pass first, and you went 6-10.

In 2003, Steelers ranked 31st in running offense, 2nd in 2004
In 2003, Steelers ranked 10th in total defense (10th pass/12th run), 1st in 2004 (4th pass/1st rush)
I'm sure these numbers had nothing to do with the nine extra wins.

[quote]The Bengals would be 5-1 under Kitna right now.[/quote]
:lmao:
And that's probably the stupidest fucking sentence I have ever read. Kitna is average at best. They are winning now because of Palmer (the hottest QB in the NFL), he [b][u]IS[/u][/b] the reason. Without him at QB we would be 3-3 or worse.

[quote name='Idioteque' post='173206' date='Oct 19 2005, 09:05 PM']Out of curiosity..... who is the better QB? Manning or Brady? Lamonica or Bart Starr? Testaverde or Montana?

I mean, you could break out some SERIOUS stats for Manning, Mad Bomber, and Vinny. Are they better QBs?

Stats for individuals, wins for teams. Marino was a more physically gifted QB than Joe Montana, and so is Peyton Manning. But neither of them have won a SB, despite their gaudy stats. And neither has Ben OR Carson. We have yet to see if Carson will fold like a cheap card table like Ben did in the playoffs last season....much like Manning did as well....

I hang my hat on wins, as should everyone. This conversation has grown wearisome. Both are good QB's. Let's chat around 4:00 pm Sunday after the game, shall we?

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='173259' date='Oct 20 2005, 12:44 AM'][quote name='Idioteque' post='173210' date='Oct 19 2005, 11:09 PM']
Ohhhhhhhhh..... pass defense accounted for nine extra wins. Gotcha.

I'll say it yet again. The Steelers are 18-17-1 under Tommy Maddox with pretty much the same roster.[/quote]
You went to the second round of the playoffs with "Touchdown" Tommy Maddox at QB in 2002, and Kordell "Horrible" Stewart in 2001. In 2003 the Steelers offensive philosophy changed from run first to pass first, and you went 6-10.

In 2003, Steelers ranked 31st in running offense, 2nd in 2004
In 2003, Steelers ranked 10th in total defense (10th pass/12th run), 1st in 2004 (4th pass/1st rush)
I'm sure these numbers had nothing to do with the nine extra wins.

[quote]The Bengals would be 5-1 under Kitna right now.[/quote]
:lmao:
And that's probably the stupidest fucking sentence I have ever read. Kitna is average at best. They are winning now because of Palmer (the hottest QB in the NFL), he [b][u]IS[/u][/b] the reason. Without him at QB we would be 3-3 or worse.
[/quote]

You don't know that. Kitna had a good run in 2003 with no defense. Who knows how he would do with this D creating short fields and giving up 14 points a game. I know. Here we go again.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not making a case for Kitna to start at QB. Everyone knows without a doubt who are starting QB is. I'm just saying that he would do better than you think.

A lot of Bengals fans think that the more they bash Kitna, the better Palmer is going to be.

[quote name='Idioteque' post='173206' date='Oct 19 2005, 11:05 PM']Out of curiosity..... who is the better QB? Manning or Brady? Lamonica or Bart Starr? Testaverde or Montana?

I mean, you could break out some SERIOUS stats for Manning, Mad Bomber, and Vinny. Are they better QBs?

Wins are a Team Stat - based on your argument. That means Doug Williams and Trent Dilfer are also the better QB.

It comes down to a simple fact as I've stated before. We are comparing apples to oranges due to the fact of what each team asks their QB to do.

Carson is going to have the better stats this year hands down due the facts that the Bengals pass the ball more. Does that mean Carson is better than Ben?? Not necessarily cause Pittsburgh doesn't ask Ben to do as much. We don't know what stats Ben would throw up if he threw as much as Carson.

Someone else mentioned it - but this is a old worn-out argument. Can we come up with a different topic to argue about???

[quote name='Idioteque' post='173252' date='Oct 20 2005, 12:27 AM'][quote name='Jamie_B' post='173237' date='Oct 20 2005, 12:02 AM']
[quote name='Aries1247' post='173233' date='Oct 19 2005, 11:53 PM']
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='173231' date='Oct 19 2005, 11:49 PM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

You gained a lot of respect when I read your sig, Jamie.

I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn..... literal!!!!!

R.I.P Mitch.
[/quote]

:headbang:

[quote name='jed0720' post='173326' date='Oct 20 2005, 09:19 AM'][quote name='Idioteque' post='173206' date='Oct 19 2005, 11:05 PM']
Out of curiosity..... who is the better QB? Manning or Brady? Lamonica or Bart Starr? Testaverde or Montana?

Wins are a Team Stat - based on your argument. That means Doug Williams and Trent Dilfer are also the better QB.

It comes down to a simple fact as I've stated before. We are comparing apples to oranges due to the fact of what each team asks their QB to do.

Carson is going to have the better stats this year hands down due the facts that the Bengals pass the ball more. Does that mean Carson is better than Ben?? Not necessarily cause Pittsburgh doesn't ask Ben to do as much. We don't know what stats Ben would throw up if he threw as much as Carson.

Someone else mentioned it - but this is a old worn-out argument. Can we come up with a different topic to argue about???
[/quote]

You could go to the gripping discussion about who's better, Schaub or Kitna.

Guest bengalrick

[/quote]

:blink:

check the rankings, dipshit...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='173349' date='Oct 20 2005, 10:29 AM'][quote name='Aries1247' post='173222' date='Oct 19 2005, 11:35 PM']
[quote]Idioteque Today, 11:05 PM Post #79

[/quote]

:blink:

check the rankings, dipshit...
[/quote]

How deep into the season is it again?

The Redskins and Cowboys are above Philly, you know.

Archived