What is "Rudi" worth?

What would you be willing to pay Rudy to Sign?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What would you be willing to pay Rudy to Sign?

• Top 5 RB Money
    • 6-10 RB Money
    • 11-15 RB Money
    • 16-20 RB Money
    • 21-25 RB Money
    • Less

After reading several Rudy related threads, I thought it would be interesting to see what you all thought in terms of money. I think most would love to see Rudy back in stripes next year, but at what cost? Is it worth a franchise tag, top 10 money, etc.

In addition to the poll, please add your thoughts on what it will take to sign him.

Nahh rudi isnt elite... No way.. I like rudi alot but i wouldnt put him in the class of ricky williams (when he wasnt smockin da ganja) and shaun alexander and priest holmes.. and jamal lewis and curtis martin and da bus..... But i do consider him one of the top backs in the league suck as 9 or 10 and i think he should be paid as such.. Maybe 10-12 money something like that. because he does take a pounding

Guest BengalBacker
Nahh rudi isnt elite... No way.. I like rudi alot but i wouldnt put him in the class of ricky williams (when he wasnt smockin da ganja) and shaun alexander and priest holmes.. and jamal lewis and curtis martin and da bus..... But i do consider him one of the top backs in the league suck as 9 or 10 and i think he should be paid as such.. Maybe 10-12 money something like that. because he does take a pounding

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not that total yards mean everything, but he's got more yards than 3 of the 5 you just named. I voted 6-10.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/RYDS/2004/regular

Stats arnt everything.. U have to look at there average per rush... touchdown ratio a la priest holmes and other things.. look at the bus and his goal line running for example.. how many yards do u think he would have had.. if he would have started this season instead of deuce stately... But like i said he is not an elite back per say he is good.. but not realy great.... pay him but dont over pay him

Guest BengalBacker
Stats arnt everything.. U have to look at there average per rush... touchdown ratio a la priest holmes and other things.. look at the bus and his goal line running for example.. how many yards do u think he would have had.. if he would have started this season instead of deuce stately... But like i said he is not an elite back per say he is good.. but not realy great.... pay him but dont over pay him

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, that's why I said "not that total yards mean everything". :)

But.... I think Rudi's a top 10 back. Others do things that he can't do, but he does things others can't do.

Guest BengalsOwn

I voted less.

No, I think he is worth 6-10 money. If he gets over 1500 yards, he will expect top 5 money, and I don't think he is worth top 5 money with his limitations.

I voted less.

No, I think he is worth 6-10 money. If he gets over 1500 yards, he will expect top 5 money, and I don't think he is worth top 5 money with his limitations.

im going to disagree for now... he doesnt have that whip around the corner break away speed, but he is fast, and i dont see any backs breaking more tackles than him, espeically up the middle, but as for his speed, start a guy 6-7 yards beside him, in a sprint to the goalline, he beats them, only way he goes down on the open is dodging tacklers or someone getting a good angle on him... i think at 1500+ yards he is worth top 5 back green, if he gets 1600+ yards... i think he gets it... all in all though i still think free agency will play a part in this before we sign him, unless its for a bargain, which i dont see happening, .... i will give a final decision after the next two weeks... if he gets 200 yards+ for the next two weeks together against patriots and ravens D... i will be convinced, he played great in a few games this year.. and average in the rest,.. he never had a bad game unless he was getting tackled by two guys in the backfield as soon as he got the bvall (not his fault, we did it to dillon here, doesnt mean he sucks)

i like teh guy, but i wouldnt mind a L Tomlinson or a alexander i would be all for it... i would like to keep him even then though.. likle duece and bettis in pitt... thats a killer combo in the backfield...

Guest BlackJesus

I am just as big a Homer as anyone, but objectivley he is probably a 8-12 RB.

I would say that Portis, Shaun Alexander, Edgerrin James, Duece MCCallister, Ladanian Tomlinson, Priest Holmes, Jamal Lewis, are right ahead of him. I think he is #8 though. If he had a little more wiggle we would be talking 3-5.

Guest CTBengalsFan

backs better than Rudi:

Curtis Martin

Priest Holmes

Jamal Lewis

LaDanian Tomlinson

Corey Dillon :(

Ahman Green

Shaun Alexander

Edgerrin James

Tiki Barber

Deuce McCallister

Fred Taylor

I Count 11.

Guest BengalsOwn
backs better than Rudi:

Curtis Martin

Priest Holmes

Jamal Lewis

LaDanian Tomlinson

Corey Dillon :(

Ahman Green

Shaun Alexander

Edgerrin James

Tiki Barber

Deuce McCallister

Fred Taylor

I Count 11.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Duce Staley is IMO, too bad he can't stay healthy. Ricky Williams :( Portis is when he has an O-coordinator who knows what he is doing. Chris Brown IMO. Reuben Droughns.

i think better tallent and being more valuable to your team, or being a bigger part of your teams winning are two different things, .. what is it about those backs that make them better? rudi is stronger and breaks more tackles, .. he really only lacks that initial burst, he runs through them instead, but then that gives time for others to get there and tackle... on te goal line, ill take rudi any day.. on your own 15, maybe someone with a better burst... what are his 40 speeds compared to some of those 8-11 backs?!?!?!?! i know someone is bored enough to go look...

After reading several Rudy related threads, I thought it would be interesting to see what you all thought in terms of money.  I think most would love to see Rudy back in stripes next year, but at what cost?  Is it worth a franchise tag, top 10 money, etc.

In addition to the poll, please add your thoughts on what it will take to sign him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i love rudi he is a great back but anyone can very easily name 5 backs better than he... regardless of supporting cast. i voted 11-15 because he is still young and has some to learn!

I won't look that shit up, I only need my own eyes.

Rudi is no LaDanian, but he's no schmuck either.

What he is is a FEATURE back provided the right system.

I think of him the same way I do Stephen Davis (both Auburn products..a coincidnce?)...a pure North-South Runner that needs the right kind of scheme/oline to provide him with the between-the-tackles kind of punishment that he is capable of delivering.

He doesn't have the greatest hands...SO WHAT? That's what Watson is for...

If our O-Line can continue to open holes, Rudi is the PERFECT grind it out, over-and-over-again back that wears down a defense.

BUT only if our coordinator is willing to use him as such.

And therein lies the rub. He HASN'T been used appropriately this season, IMHO.

Just because we're down a TD doesn't mean abandon the run!

The Squeelers proved as much with Bettis! Who, I might add, runs in a simliar style to Rudi, plus some weight...

Rudi needs 20-25 carries AT LEAST to be effective.

I think that is what we should strive for...

Sign him...

for 6-10 RB money, if he'll take it....

I said rudi is worth 6-10 money. He is not a superstar but a solid back.I think if the hole is there he is one of the best at banging threw it but he does lack the ability to make plays by himself,dont get me wrong i like rudi but i feel he is going to want big$$ and i dont think we will pay :( but if your listining rudi i know money means a lot, but stick around because this team is going to be the place to be!!! :)

I said rudi is worth 6-10 money. He is not a superstar but a solid back.I think if the hole is there he is one of the best at banging threw it but he does lack the ability to make plays by himself,dont get me wrong i like rudi but i feel he is going to want big$$ and i dont think we will pay :(   but if your listining rudi i know money means a lot, but stick around because this team is going to be the place to be!!! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

as i said earlier fulcher... he has alot to learn...remember this is his first year starting for us or any nfl team for that matter.... he earned his first starting job here over a future hall of famer... that will boost his ego, but point blank he has not done enough to be considered for a 6-10 salary! ( you know i love rudi... he is one of my fav. players, but its true man) i sure hope he doesnt get greedy!

Who is the future Hall Of Famer, Nati?

I'm sure you don't mean Leon!!?!!

Rudi, the UN-talented back you describe will break Corey's single-season rushing record in Cincy history THIS YEAR!!!

And that is giving Corey his single-game rushing records!! And with our suspect O-Line/QB/WR combo...

If you think Rudi is any less of an RB than Dillon, you just need to take a wait and see approach, just like you do with Palmer!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but there's NO WAY I'll agree with you on this one!

So Corey has a super stiff-arm...SO?

Rudi runs, runs, runs...IF he's used properly by the offensive coordinator!

When Corey was here, he WAS the offense!

Hard to compare, IMHO...

But I love you, man....you're good for the argument, which keeps my late-nite blood flowing...

Corey had so many games where he ONLY got 70 yds, because we got so far behind and gave up on the run....and that was on 20 carries....

Rudi gets 90 yds on 18 carries in the 1st half...and gets given up on...

GO BENGALS!!!!!

Who is the future Hall Of Famer, Nati?

I'm sure you don't mean Leon!!?!!

Rudi, the UN-talented back you describe will break Corey's single-season rushing record in Cincy history THIS YEAR!!!

And that is giving Corey his single-game rushing records!! And with our suspect O-Line/QB/WR combo...

If you think Rudi is any less of an RB than Dillon, you just need to take a wait and see approach, just like you do with Palmer!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but there's NO WAY I'll agree with you on this one!

So Corey has a super stiff-arm...SO?

Rudi runs, runs, runs...IF he's used properly by the offensive coordinator!

When Corey was here, he WAS the offense!

Hard to compare, IMHO...

But I love you, man....you're good for the argument, which keeps my late-nite blood flowing...

Corey had so many games where he ONLY got 70 yds, because we got so far behind and gave up on the run....and that was on 20 carries....

Rudi gets 90 yds on 18 carries in the 1st half...and gets given up on...

GO BENGALS!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

let me set the record straight bung. i have defended rudi mutiple times on this board. matter of fact just before the browns/bengals game started this week i was telling fulchervulcher "man i hope rudi has a breakthrough game!" followed by (near the end of the third quarter) "i cant wait to get on the site and post a what about rudi thread"... ofcourse someone beat me to the punch.

like it or not dillon will be in the hall of fame he has a few years left and has damn near rushed for 1000 yards in every season! granted we all have a bitterness for him but he was a hell of a back.

search this website hi and low and you will never find me saying one negative thing about rudi. im just saying that he hasnt developed a good enough reputation to be demanding top ten salary.

i would love to have him back but unfortunately i think that his ego will launch him right out of cincinnati! i hope this indeed proves to be incorrect!

one last thing... i enjoy the arguement with you aswell! you make many valid points and believe it or not you have made me second guess myself a few times... nice work! :lol::lol:

GOBENGALS!!!!

I believe the one point with Rudi you may be second-guessing on is ego.

I don't think he has one. How could he?

If he does, it's because of his agent.

I hope/pray that he listens to his heart and realizes that this team is where he needs to be.

His agent will be the only one demanding/talking Rudi's way out of Cincy.

He should stay here and I think he knows it...

If not, FUCK him for listening to the naysayers...

I believe the one point with Rudi you may be second-guessing on is ego.

I don't think he has one.  How could he?

If he does, it's because of his agent.

I hope/pray that he listens to his heart and realizes that this team is where he needs to be.

His agent will be the only one demanding/talking Rudi's way out of Cincy.

He should stay here and I think he knows it...

If not, FUCK him for listening to the naysayers...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you hit the nail on the head myfriend... i was trying to say just that but in other words...lol

gobengals!

Archived