SEMPER FI FALLUJAH

Bunghole

[quote name='sneaky' post='220414' date='Feb 20 2006, 12:41 PM'][color="#FF0000"][size=5][b]BJ for President in 2020[/b][/size][/color]

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: [/quote]
he would be a perfect democratic candidate and would get destroyed just like the last one. Flip flopping all over the place.

[i]* edited
If you want to quote me then by all means do so ..... but don't just pick a random date and then try and put words in my mouth
- BJ [/i]

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='whodey319' post='220427' date='Feb 20 2006, 01:29 PM'][quote name='sneaky' post='220414' date='Feb 20 2006, 12:41 PM']
[color="#FF0000"][size=5][b]BJ for President in 2020[/b][/size][/color]

he would be a perfect democratic candidate and would get destroyed just like the last one. Flip flopping all over the place.

[i]* edited
If you want to quote me then by all means do so ..... but don't just pick a random date and then try and put words in my mouth
- BJ [/i]
[/quote]

You edited his post rather than respond to it?

Isn't that like, needless censorship? I didn't get to see what he posted, but... <_<

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='220494' date='Feb 20 2006, 03:17 PM'][quote name='whodey319' post='220427' date='Feb 20 2006, 01:29 PM']
[quote name='sneaky' post='220414' date='Feb 20 2006, 12:41 PM']
[color="#FF0000"][size=5][b]BJ for President in 2020[/b][/size][/color]

[i]* edited
- BJ [/i]
[/quote]

You edited his post rather than respond to it?

Isn't that like, needless censorship? I didn't get to see what he posted, but... <_<
[/quote]
heres a quote oh sensor of the internet. whole quote with absolutely no editing

[quote]As for your question on the economy, I believe Bush would produce a stronger economy, But the most important issue to me is the Military and having a Commander in Chief who isn't afraid to pull the trigger....I actually think we should be reloading for Iran and maybe with a Bush reelection we can[/quote]

and i dont need to quote any present views

Guest BlackJesus

[quote]You edited his post rather than respond to it?
Isn't that like, needless censorship?[/quote]

[b]I edited his post because he was acting as if he was quoting me .... but then just mentioned a random month and then created a random statement that I never made ..... If you want to quote someone then fine .... but that wasn't what he did ..... as for censorship that is laughable .... I won't alter what is said about me as long as it is accurate .... [/b]

[quote]heres a quote oh sensor of the internet. whole quote with absolutely no editing[/quote]

[b]That's fine .... (even though you don't give the date when I made it) .... how many times do we have to go through this .... I didn't like Kerry .... I liked Edwards best and hated the fact he was on Kerrys ticket .... I wanted Bush to defeat Kerry a year and a half ago and my quote is under a certain context .....

at the time I still believed that there was a chance there would be autonomy and a Kurdish state in Northern Iraq that would ultimately merge with the Kurds in Iran and E Turkey. I also have seen Iran as more of a threat to the U.S. than Iraq and Afghanistan since the very beggining ..... and thus I wanted us to leave Iraq (where we had became bogged down and part of the problem and topple Iran) .....

[u]this was about 18 months ago[/u] ..... and since then many things have changed and I have grown and learned more about the current situation ..... for instance [color="#FF0000"]at the time of making this quote I didn't realize that there was a good chance Bush had staged 9/11 which dramatically changes things[/color] .... and our reasoning for what we are doing ..... Also people have the right to amend their opinions as they find new information ..... this is not flip flopping ..... it is reforming your beliefs based on new information .... (something Bush doesn't do) ..... <_< [/b]

[size=3]
[b][color="#666600"]So fine ..... keep pointing out that I was wrong 18 months ago before realizing my error to make yourself feel better that you are currently wrong now and refuse to enlighten yourself .... :wacko: [/color][/size]

I think the fact that I was wrong and found truth elsewhere gives me more legitimacy in understanding how others are still having the blindfold pulled over their eyes .... [/b]

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='220288' date='Feb 20 2006, 12:13 AM'][quote name='BengalBacker' post='220279' date='Feb 19 2006, 11:56 PM']
[quote name='The_Joker' post='220167' date='Feb 19 2006, 06:37 PM']

I don't think BJ hates America.[/quote]

You've only been here since November. Trust me, BJ hates America.
[/quote]

Im not sure I belive that either. If it isnt obvious by now, BJ has a passion and love for the less fortunate. He has lived in these places that we speak about on here and has the perspective that we dont. I think his passion for them is put above all else including anything this country does good or bad. That doesnt mean he hates the US, it just means he has a love for things greater than the US.
[/quote]

you know this sums up bj pretty well i think... the only problem i have w/ bj, is his closemindness... he has all the answers figured it in his head, and i venture to say that that isn't always a good thing... he's obviously a smart dude, he just has already made his mind up...

come back to the light bj!!!!! :D

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='220514' date='Feb 20 2006, 04:21 PM'][quote]You edited his post rather than respond to it?
Isn't that like, needless censorship?[/quote]

[b]I edited his post because he was acting as if he was quoting me .... but then just mentioned a random month and then created a random statement that I never made ..... If you want to quote someone then fine .... but that wasn't what he did ..... as for censorship that is laughable .... I won't alter what is said about me as long as it is accurate .... [/b]

[quote]heres a quote oh sensor of the internet. whole quote with absolutely no editing[/quote]

[b]That's fine .... (even though you don't give the date when I made it) .... how many times do we have to go through this .... I didn't like Kerry .... I liked Edwards best and hated the fact he was on Kerrys ticket .... I wanted Bush to defeat Kerry a year and a half ago and my quote is under a certain context .....

at the time I still believed that there was a chance there would be autonomy and a Kurdish state in Northern Iraq that would ultimately merge with the Kurds in Iran and E Turkey. I also have seen Iran as more of a threat to the U.S. than Iraq and Afghanistan since the very beggining ..... and thus I wanted us to leave Iraq (where we had became bogged down and part of the problem and topple Iran) .....

[u]this was about 18 months ago[/u] ..... and since then many things have changed and I have grown and learned more about the current situation ..... for instance [color="#FF0000"]at the time of making this quote I didn't realize that there was a good chance Bush had staged 9/11 which dramatically changes things[/color] .... and our reasoning for what we are doing ..... Also people have the right to amend their opinions as they find new information ..... this is not flip flopping ..... it is reforming your beliefs based on new information .... (something Bush doesn't do) ..... <_< [/b]

[size=3]
[b][color="#666600"]So fine ..... keep pointing out that I was wrong 18 months ago before realizing my error to make yourself feel better that you are currently wrong now and refuse to enlighten yourself .... :wacko: [/color][/size]

I think the fact that I was wrong and found truth elsewhere gives me more legitimacy in understanding how others are still having the blindfold pulled over their eyes .... [/b]
[/quote]

bj, i did a quick search and found the exact second you fell off the deep end... [url="http://go-bengals.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4099&st=0"]go-bengals.com[/url]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='66758' date='Mar 24 2005, 12:30 AM'][size=7]Don't forget as well that she is costing the State 80,000 $ a year.... I think if they want to keep her going, then the "millions" of people who want to keep her alive (I use this term loosely) should donate $ to her and then we will see how much drive there is for her.....

I guess what bothers me is the Congress and public gets all up in arms about one half brain dead vegetable and doesn't give one shit normally for the 10,000 children that die of starvation every night throughout the world, the thousands of kids that sleep under bridges everyday in America etc..... Americans have the uncanny ability to look soo trivial sometimes .... If it isn't whos dick is Jackson playing with, it is Save the Vegetable....

[i]You all are my witness, If I am ever laying in a bed for 15 years and the highlight of my day is shitting and watching a red balloon........ Shoot me in the fucking head

Signed

BJ[/i][/size] ;) [/quote]

very interesting... no attacks on bush or the war... only the starving children (which we all agree is shitty as hell)...

since this post, you have made up your mind about everything... america is those childrens best chance in this world... you have to realize that...

Guest BlackJesus
[color="#006600"][b]Also I won't call it a low blow .... because someone should always be responsible for statements they make ....

but taking a statement from me about Bush 18 months prior that shows I supported him ..... Is like showing a man a picture of his wedding day from years back and asking him why he suddenly hates the bitch that he has since: found fucking his brother, stealing all his money, tried to cut off his penis, and tried to run him over while yelling "I only married you for your money".

People change and the world changes a lot in a short amount of time .... and since I made that statement Bush has flopped in nearly every category and instance, lied repeatedly, .... and shown himself to be shredding the constitution ....[/b][/color]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='220551' date='Feb 20 2006, 05:48 PM'][color="#006600"][b]Also I won't call it a low blow .... because someone should always be responsible for statements they make ....

but taking a statement from me about Bush 18 months prior that shows I supported him ..... Is like showing a man a picture of his wedding day from years back and asking him why he suddenly hates the bitch that he has since: found fucking his brother, stealing all his money, tried to cut off his penis, and tried to run him over while yelling "I only married you for your money".

People change and the world changes a lot in a short amount of time .... and since I made that statement Bush has flopped in nearly every category and instance, lied repeatedly, .... and shown himself to be shredding the constitution ....[/b][/color][/quote]
oh no bj... THATs where youre wrong, and THATS what makes you a FLIP-FLOPPER!

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='sneaky' post='220552' date='Feb 20 2006, 05:49 PM'][color="#FF0000"][size=6]BJ for President !!!!![/size][/color]

How do you type with your head so far up BJ's ass? I have to look at my keyboard.

:wave:

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='220514' date='Feb 20 2006, 04:21 PM']I think the fact that I was wrong and found truth elsewhere gives me more legitimacy in understanding how others are still having the blindfold pulled over their eyes .... [/b][/quote]

I used to proudly proclaim myself to be a bleeding heart liberal. I think the fact that I was wrong and found truth elsewhere gives me more legitimacy in understanding how others are still having the blindfold pulled over their eyes.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='220514' date='Feb 20 2006, 04:21 PM'][b]I edited his post because he was acting as if he was quoting me .... but then just mentioned a random month and then created a random statement that I never made ..... If you want to quote someone then fine .... but that wasn't what he did ..... as for censorship that is laughable .... I won't alter what is said about me as long as it is accurate .... [/b][/quote]

Ummm.... That's censorship. You could have left up what he said and pointed out what was wrong about it. Probably would be more effective anyway. Just seems hypocritical to me, coming from you.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='220733' date='Feb 21 2006, 02:33 AM']I used to proudly proclaim myself to be a bleeding heart liberal. I think the fact that I was wrong and found truth elsewhere gives me more legitimacy in understanding how others are still having the blindfold pulled over their eyes.[/quote]

"[b][i]a young person who isn't a liberal has no heart, and an old person who isn't a conservative has no brain[/i][/b]."

-Winston Churchill

[quote name='creechnasty' post='220771' date='Feb 21 2006, 10:47 AM'][quote name='BengalBacker' post='220733' date='Feb 21 2006, 02:33 AM']

I used to proudly proclaim myself to be a bleeding heart liberal. I think the fact that I was wrong and found truth elsewhere gives me more legitimacy in understanding how others are still having the blindfold pulled over their eyes.[/quote]

"[b][i]a young person who isn't a liberal has no heart, and an old person who isn't a conservative has no brain[/i][/b]."

-Winston Churchill
[/quote]

[b]"There's no fool like an old fool"[/b]

-Fred Sanford

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='219944' date='Feb 19 2006, 01:42 AM'][b] :rolleyes: that was 4 rediculous minutes of pure Machismo bullshit .... I love how they forgot to show any of them dying or their triumphant lives back home when some of them return home as amputees or blinded by shrapnel ....

what a fucking Joke

I can't believe people watch that shit and applaud like we are somehow fighting for something other than control of another Fucking country ..... and thus we are "having fun" flattening it and the people that live there ....

This is not some glorious struggle to free our nation from oppression .... this is a bunch of under educated Gun ho boys who watched too many Rambo Movies and grew up in a militaristic American society and thus think that anytime they shoot something that it is justified .... little do they know they are just cannon fodder for the transnational corporations who enrich themself off of their dead, shot up, rotting corpses [/b][/quote]
[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='220107' date='Feb 19 2006, 03:57 PM']Mixed feelings on this video:

1) In some ways, I find it as offensive as the propaganda video I posted earlier, just less graphic.

2) As someone who served on ships that toted Marines around the Med (and elsewhere), I appreciate their skill and their valor, but I try not to get too carried away on the "hero" adulation. On the other hand, they are kids for the most part, which means to me that they are generally trying to make the best of the situation they find themselves in--if making a video with really crappy music helps them keep their balance, then I understand that.

3) And while I agree with BJ about the utter stupidity of putting our troops in this conflict, I also remember that they are human beings, too. We all are swept up in history in one way or another and I suspect we all make compromises with our individual places within the overall context.[/quote]

I can't help but think that if we could find a perfect marriage between that wide-eyed idealism and Homer's measured pace, then that would be a very powerful voice.

Unfortunately, those who are still stuck in the 50s and early 60s (about half the people here) would still be unaffected.

[quote name='The_Joker' post='220167' date='Feb 19 2006, 06:37 PM']I normally don't get involved in the politics of this board but as a former Marine and a veteran of Desert Storm I do have some beliefs on the conflict at hand.

1) The American people were flat out lied to in order to get into this "war"
2) I feel for the young men over there right now. Most of them are fighting a battle they know nothing about.
3) Young Marines right out of boot camp and early in the grunt outfits would topple New York City if ordered to.
4) The demolishing of a 3rd world country is really nothing to brag about. It would be like me kicking the shit out of a 3rd grader.
5) To the far Right on this board..Do you really believe Saddam was a threat to our country? WMD's?
6) The Bush administration is way off on this one. No exit strategy at all...maybe they will not need one and we will continue to occupy Iraq.

I don't think BJ hates America. He has been to areas in this world that many of you have never even seen on your BIG SCREENS. I think he has a better idea of how the WORLD really is...more than most on this board anyway. His passion for the equal treatment for all mankind is very clear. Hopefully, when he finishes his Phd. he will shed some light on the younger generation of conservitives if he becomes a Professor. Maybe even someones kid form this fourm. :D :o

For those who think this effort is justified...what have you done for your country, what are you doing for the cause besides showing Motivational Videos? Do you think your vote for Bush was enough?

I love my country and there is no where else like it but I feel we as a nation are fucking up by our continued POLICEING of the world.[/quote]

Great to hear something like this from you...I'm a bit sad that you only bring it out every once in awhile, but maybe that would take away from the effect.

I also don't think BJ hates America...He's angry at the injustice perpetrated in the world in the name of national security (that is really about money) or political ideology, and I have to admit...So am I.

But I'm pretty sure that BJ doesn't react like I do when he sees the news...I get so pissed off about it, that I actively cheer for every freedom-fighting strike against the occupying US forces.

I'm sure he doesn't whistle with glee like I do when I watch your deficit soar, and see the US automotive manufacturers crumple under the onslaught of cheaper-made, better-made asian vehicles...Or the outsourcing of tech jobs to a strengthening Indian economy...Or the shift in oil dominance to the rumbling Chinese Industrial machine.

I'm sure he doesn't count the days until it all comes crashing down, and your infrastructure crumbles under the weight of an economy that is so unbalanced that it can only be supported by imperialist ventures.

I don't think these responses are right, though...I shouldn't get so emotionally tied up in wanting to see the bully get punched in the mouth. I should keep in mind war and poverty are the enemies, and not a nation that is made up of a majority of hard-working, funny, good-natured people.

But it's hard to keep that perspective sometimes. Especially when it appears that such blatant wrongs are blindly supported by the masses.

But it's not my country...So I can only watch and wait for A) the juggernaut to stall and become crushed under its own weight; or B ) for America to put partisanship aside long enough to get the kind of leadership that can right the ship, and re-find enough self-sufficience to put aside the propoganda-fronted strip-mining of countries that simply cannot defend themselves.

Until then...I cheer for the underdog.

BZ

[quote name='TheBZ' post='221111' date='Feb 21 2006, 09:46 PM'][quote name='BlackJesus' post='219944' date='Feb 19 2006, 01:42 AM']
[b] :rolleyes: that was 4 rediculous minutes of pure Machismo bullshit .... I love how they forgot to show any of them dying or their triumphant lives back home when some of them return home as amputees or blinded by shrapnel ....

what a fucking Joke

I can't believe people watch that shit and applaud like we are somehow fighting for something other than control of another Fucking country ..... and thus we are "having fun" flattening it and the people that live there ....

This is not some glorious struggle to free our nation from oppression .... this is a bunch of under educated Gun ho boys who watched too many Rambo Movies and grew up in a militaristic American society and thus think that anytime they shoot something that it is justified .... little do they know they are just cannon fodder for the transnational corporations who enrich themself off of their dead, shot up, rotting corpses [/b][/quote]
[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='220107' date='Feb 19 2006, 03:57 PM']Mixed feelings on this video:

1) In some ways, I find it as offensive as the propaganda video I posted earlier, just less graphic.

2) As someone who served on ships that toted Marines around the Med (and elsewhere), I appreciate their skill and their valor, but I try not to get too carried away on the "hero" adulation. On the other hand, they are kids for the most part, which means to me that they are generally trying to make the best of the situation they find themselves in--if making a video with really crappy music helps them keep their balance, then I understand that.

3) And while I agree with BJ about the utter stupidity of putting our troops in this conflict, I also remember that they are human beings, too. We all are swept up in history in one way or another and I suspect we all make compromises with our individual places within the overall context.[/quote]

I can't help but think that if we could find a perfect marriage between that wide-eyed idealism and Homer's measured pace, then that would be a very powerful voice.

Unfortunately, those who are still stuck in the 50s and early 60s (about half the people here) would still be unaffected.

[quote name='The_Joker' post='220167' date='Feb 19 2006, 06:37 PM']I normally don't get involved in the politics of this board but as a former Marine and a veteran of Desert Storm I do have some beliefs on the conflict at hand.

2) I feel for the young men over there right now. Most of them are fighting a battle they know nothing about.
3) Young Marines right out of boot camp and early in the grunt outfits would topple New York City if ordered to.
4) The demolishing of a 3rd world country is really nothing to brag about. It would be like me kicking the shit out of a 3rd grader.
5) To the far Right on this board..Do you really believe Saddam was a threat to our country? WMD's?
6) The Bush administration is way off on this one. No exit strategy at all...maybe they will not need one and we will continue to occupy Iraq.

I don't think BJ hates America. He has been to areas in this world that many of you have never even seen on your BIG SCREENS. I think he has a better idea of how the WORLD really is...more than most on this board anyway. His passion for the equal treatment for all mankind is very clear. Hopefully, when he finishes his Phd. he will shed some light on the younger generation of conservitives if he becomes a Professor. Maybe even someones kid form this fourm. :D :o

For those who think this effort is justified...what have you done for your country, what are you doing for the cause besides showing Motivational Videos? Do you think your vote for Bush was enough?

I love my country and there is no where else like it but I feel we as a nation are fucking up by our continued POLICEING of the world.[/quote]

Great to hear something like this from you...I'm a bit sad that you only bring it out every once in awhile, but maybe that would take away from the effect.

I also don't think BJ hates America...He's angry at the injustice perpetrated in the world in the name of national security (that is really about money) or political ideology, and I have to admit...So am I.

But I'm pretty sure that BJ doesn't react like I do when he sees the news...I get so pissed off about it, that I actively cheer for every freedom-fighting strike against the occupying US forces.

I'm sure he doesn't whistle with glee like I do when I watch your deficit soar, and see the US automotive manufacturers crumple under the onslaught of cheaper-made, better-made asian vehicles...Or the outsourcing of tech jobs to a strengthening Indian economy...Or the shift in oil dominance to the rumbling Chinese Industrial machine.

I'm sure he doesn't count the days until it all comes crashing down, and your infrastructure crumbles under the weight of an economy that is so unbalanced that it can only be supported by imperialist ventures.

I don't think these responses are right, though...I shouldn't get so emotionally tied up in wanting to see the bully get punched in the mouth. I should keep in mind war and poverty are the enemies, and not a nation that is made up of a majority of hard-working, funny, good-natured people.

But it's hard to keep that perspective sometimes. Especially when it appears that such blatant wrongs are blindly supported by the masses.

But it's not my country...So I can only watch and wait for A) the juggernaut to stall and become crushed under its own weight; or B ) for America to put partisanship aside long enough to get the kind of leadership that can right the ship, and re-find enough self-sufficience to put aside the propoganda-fronted strip-mining of countries that simply cannot defend themselves.

BZ
[/quote]
How the fuck do you know it's about money or anything else? BZ, you are one of the most evenhanded posters on this site, and I almost always agree with what you say (especially concerning the Bengals, which is really why we're here, right?), but you have a distinctly Canadian perspective on an American situation.
Suddenly now we're the bully? Even as our great wealth and contributions to the world (not to mention the UN) far outstrip all other contributions across the globe COMBINED! AND WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY!!! We have scratched our way into existence as an upstart country and have even been so generous as to help those out of the quagmire of debt and defeat that we perpetrated on them AFTER THEY ATTACKED US FIRST! What other country in the history of the world has been so forgiving as us, both financially and militarily? NONE!
And because now we are in a new era of warfare where the lines aren't clearly drawn because national armies aren't standing toe-to-toe on the "battlefield of glory" and terrorism is afoot everywhere, we suddenly are hated across the world because we now adopt a semi-hardline stance against those who seek to destroy us (and you) and our way of life?
Fuck them.
If mistakes were and are made along the way, I say....what war doesn't have them? This is the first time in our history that terrorism has happened and has been addressed! Where's our learning curve?
Where is our cheap oil from Iraq? My gas is still more expensive than it's been, but that is a function of many factors. I cannot complain about the American price of gasoline when it is so much more expensive elsewhere due to our volume of consumption.
Where is the proof that only no-bid American companies are occupying Iraq? And if they are, where is the proof that some other company could have done better?
There isn't any.
People need to stop accusing Bush and the Admin of every evil that befalls them and their country, and they really need to stop hating on the USA or they will be on the wrong side of history.
I cannot disguise my disdain for terrorists and all they do, and so many of you all out there continue to try to justify their existence through our supposed violations of freedom rights...as you drive your SUV (or Trans Am....BJ....buy a hybrid if you believe your own BS..), our supposed occupation of Iraq, your arguments that the war there was unjustified (please understand facts versus circumstances from a nation and not a individual human standpoint), the fact that many claim we aren't going after Bin Laden because of Iraq (you are extremely insane if you believe that, PM me if you wish to know why if you cannot figure out battlefield logistics for yourself), and all the other hatred for our country spewed forth on this and every other outlet where people have a voice.
You are in the minority, and you always will be, and not from blind patriotism on "our" part, but because of the stupidity, the willingness to beleive whatever you hear that pleases you to be truth on "your" part, and the general dissemination of bullshit that passes for information in our day and age.
Believe what you will. Canada, you're supposed to be our friend.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='221151' date='Feb 21 2006, 10:54 PM'][quote name='TheBZ' post='221111' date='Feb 21 2006, 09:46 PM']
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='219944' date='Feb 19 2006, 01:42 AM']
[b] :rolleyes: that was 4 rediculous minutes of pure Machismo bullshit .... I love how they forgot to show any of them dying or their triumphant lives back home when some of them return home as amputees or blinded by shrapnel ....

what a fucking Joke

BZ
[/quote]
How the fuck do you know it's about money or anything else? BZ, you are one of the most evenhanded posters on this site, and I almost always agree with what you say (especially concerning the Bengals, which is really why we're here, right?), but you have a distinctly Canadian perspective on an American situation.
Suddenly now we're the bully? Even as our great wealth and contributions to the world (not to mention the UN) far outstrip all other contributions across the globe COMBINED! AND WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY!!! We have scratched our way into existence as an upstart country and have even been so generous as to help those out of the quagmire of debt and defeat that we perpetrated on them AFTER THEY ATTACKED US FIRST! What other country in the history of the world has been so forgiving as us, both financially and militarily? NONE!
And because now we are in a new era of warfare where the lines aren't clearly drawn because national armies aren't standing toe-to-toe on the "battlefield of glory" and terrorism is afoot everywhere, we suddenly are hated across the world because we now adopt a semi-hardline stance against those who seek to destroy us (and you) and our way of life?
Fuck them.
If mistakes were and are made along the way, I say....what war doesn't have them? This is the first time in our history that terrorism has happened and has been addressed! Where's our learning curve?
Where is our cheap oil from Iraq? My gas is still more expensive than it's been, but that is a function of many factors. I cannot complain about the American price of gasoline when it is so much more expensive elsewhere due to our volume of consumption.
Where is the proof that only no-bid American companies are occupying Iraq? And if they are, where is the proof that some other company could have done better?
There isn't any.
People need to stop accusing Bush and the Admin of every evil that befalls them and their country, and they really need to stop hating on the USA or they will be on the wrong side of history.
I cannot disguise my disdain for terrorists and all they do, and so many of you all out there continue to try to justify their existence through our supposed violations of freedom rights...as you drive your SUV (or Trans Am....BJ....buy a hybrid if you believe your own BS..), our supposed occupation of Iraq, your arguments that the war there was unjustified (please understand facts versus circumstances from a nation and not a individual human standpoint), the fact that many claim we aren't going after Bin Laden because of Iraq (you are extremely insane if you believe that, PM me if you wish to know why if you cannot figure out battlefield logistics for yourself), and all the other hatred for our country spewed forth on this and every other outlet where people have a voice.
You are in the minority, and you always will be, and not from blind patriotism on "our" part, but because of the stupidity, the willingness to beleive whatever you hear that pleases you to be truth on "your" part, and the general dissemination of bullshit that passes for information in our day and age.
Believe what you will. Canada, you're supposed to be our friend.
[/quote]

At the risk of sounding like some "macho, America Fuck Yeah!!" type... let me just say .... [size=4][b]Whooyah[/b][/size]

Let me preface this by saying that I have no military service at the moment. I have no experience in what those guys have went through while in Iraq. I respect the opinions of seasoned vets like Joker, Bung, and Lawman that have lived that part of their lives. I also respect the opinion of BlackJesus, even though I feel that he fails to look at situations from a detached point of view, instead of the emotionally charged take that BJ often posts.

I personally thought that the video was very interesting, pretty cool. I don't think that it was propaganda, but rather a bunch of guys that made a video of their experiences in Fallujah. Some of the matter was a little startling, and it did see gung-ho at times, but I didn't get a "Wow I want to join the Marines" vibe from it. Sometimes things are meant to be taken at face value. Don't read so much into something as simple as a home video because it may clash with your views on the subject matter. It helps to view it in a objective way.

I have said this a few times on this board that I don't support the war. I thought it was a mistake from the get-go as to why the US wanted to invade Iraq when most of the terrorists on those planes were Saudis. I personally think that Bush got sidetracked in this thing when he went to Iraq, possibly to settle a personal vendetta with Saddam for threatening to assasinate Bush Sr. over a decade ago. The seemingly flakey story about WMD's and Saddam funding the terrorist act reeked too much of a revenge plot by Bush and his administration, in my humble opinion. However, since we are there, and there isn't much that we can do in terms of wishing we were out, I will support the troops.

I also don't think that BJ hates America. I think BJ hates what America has become. America was founded on the beliefs that the government was run by the people, that if you worked hard and stayed straight for the most part, you could have a good life, and that there is equal opportunity for everyone. For the most part, our beloved country has strayed from that. Washington is run more by lobbyists and figureheads instead of the people, opportunities are not equal by any means due to given factors, and most people don't seem to be getting ahead, even though they are working harder.

There, I've said my piece.

I felt as though I had to comment. Thank you for your time.

Guest steggyD
The only funny part about your post, Danville, is that you think that people could have good lives back in what America originally was? Is that what you were saying? If so, I suggest you read some non-fiction books about people's everyday lives throughout the 19th century. Child labor and families working around the clock from their own homes ran rampant during that time. Oh, and I do believe that there was less equality at that point in time also. If anything, any one person in this nation has a better chance of having a good life today.

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='TheBZ' post='221111' date='Feb 21 2006, 09:46 PM']Great to hear something like this from you...I'm a bit sad that you only bring it out every once in awhile, but maybe that would take away from the effect.

But I'm pretty sure that BJ doesn't react like I do when he sees the news...[b]I get so pissed off about it, that I actively cheer for every freedom-fighting strike against the occupying US forces.[/b]

[b]I'm sure he doesn't whistle with glee like I do when I watch your deficit soar, and see the US automotive manufacturers crumple under the onslaught of cheaper-made, better-made asian vehicles...Or the outsourcing of tech jobs to a strengthening Indian economy...Or the shift in oil dominance to the rumbling Chinese Industrial machine.

I'm sure he doesn't count the days until it all comes crashing down, and your infrastructure crumbles under the weight of an economy that is so unbalanced that it can only be supported by imperialist ventures.[/b]

I don't think these responses are right, though...[b]I shouldn't get so emotionally tied up in wanting to see the bully get punched in the mouth.[/b] I should keep in mind war and poverty are the enemies, and not a nation that is made up of a majority of hard-working, funny, good-natured people.

But it's not my country...[b]So I can only watch and wait for A) the juggernaut to stall and become crushed under its own weight[/b]; or B ) for America to put partisanship aside long enough to get the kind of leadership that can right the ship, and re-find enough self-sufficience to put aside the propoganda-fronted strip-mining of countries that simply cannot defend themselves.

[b]Until then...I cheer for the underdog.[/b]

BZ[/quote]

BZ. I've always liked you on here, so don't take this too personally, but [size=6][b]FUCK YOU !!!![/b][/size]

Canadian's smugness towards America pisses me off. Every Canadian I've ever talked to about this has this attitude towards us. There are only two reasons Canada hasn't been taken over by some other country.

1) Nobody wants it.

2) America wouldn't allow it.

That bully you bitch about is all that stands between you and your fucking ruin. You don't have to like us, but don't root against us. God damn that pisses me off !!! Wish for our demise all you want, but if we go down, you're going down with us. I can't believe you wrote "actively cheer for every freedom-fighting strike against the occupying US forces". Freedom fighting???

[size=6][b]Double fuck you !!!![/b][/size]

Fuckin' Canadians with their flappy heads!!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

[quote name='Bunghole' post='221151' date='Feb 21 2006, 10:54 PM']How the fuck do you know it's about money or anything else? BZ, you are one of the most evenhanded posters on this site, and I almost always agree with what you say (especially concerning the Bengals, which is really why we're here, right?), but you have a distinctly Canadian perspective on an American situation.
Suddenly now we're the bully? Even as our great wealth and contributions to the world (not to mention the UN) far outstrip all other contributions across the globe COMBINED! AND WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY!!! We have scratched our way into existence as an upstart country and have even been so generous as to help those out of the quagmire of debt and defeat that we perpetrated on them AFTER THEY ATTACKED US FIRST! What other country in the history of the world has been so forgiving as us, both financially and militarily? NONE![/quote]

I did admit that it was an emotional response, and it is a case where I wish I could be more objectively philosophical. I completely agree that it is coming from a Canadian slant; although my viewpoint is more antagonistic than the majority.

The antagonism is no doubt partially rooted in my beliefs as a hardline social democrat. I am opposed to capitalism in its current corporate model, and I believe it foments extreme class separation, financial elitism, and material fixation. I think the stock market is a sham, Wal-Mart is the devil, guns should be outlawed, and television is mind control for the lowest common denominator.

I think the agenda that makes all of the above possible has been supported by war, political intrigue, and blatant colonialism on the part of the United States...Which to me is propping up something bad with something worse.

As to always being THIS WAY...You're right. It's the same reason why Canada was attacked in 1812, and if we hadn't managed to rebuff the attack I would probably be sitting here spouting the same imperialist nonsense you are...Jamie B would be cheering me on.

So what have you done that is so great? Even if we go past the fact that class-segregated, corporate-teat-sucking America can take no credit for the immigrants that worked their asses off to settle the continent, what bootstraps are we talking about?

Rebelling against the country that invested in your foundation? Colonizing the continent with the greatest material resources in the world? Pushing indiginous people off of their land to use those resources? Bringing slaves over to build your wealth, and keeping them subject/separated up until the last 30 years? Is that the credit I'm supposed to give? Are those the tough times that you scrappy underdogs fought through?

If I need to give credit, I guess it could be for developing the most effective industrial and military infrastructure at the time of the second world war, and then capitalized on 'saving the day' by setting up oil transactions as requiring American dollars ever since. But then I would have to dwell on why the United States was just about the last country to enter the war, preferring instead tomake money off of it until it was obvious that trade was threatened.

So that makes the U.S. into Canada's friend? Great Britain's maybe...Especially since the same advantageous re-mapping of the globe was done in partnership with them.

And I am supposed to appreciate all the wealth and prosperity that the United States bestows on the world? Are we talking about the slave labour in Indonesia or the resource-stripping of South America? Are we talking about international controls and corporate occupations that keep most of Africa in perpetual poverty?

Go ahead and shout with pride from the rooftops...But I'll be damned if I can find a lot of good things to say about a country whose primary exports are guns, war, and Big Macs.

[quote]And because now we are in a new era of warfare where the lines aren't clearly drawn because national armies aren't standing toe-to-toe on the "battlefield of glory" and terrorism is afoot everywhere, we suddenly are hated across the world because we now adopt a semi-hardline stance against those who seek to destroy us (and you) and our way of life?
Fuck them.[/quote]

You better believe that there would be national armies on that battlefield, if any of these nations had the economic or technological wherewithal to do so. Or at the very least, they would use that wherewithal to trade and negotiate on equal terms...instead of what they get now.

You can go ahead and call them terrorists...But ultimately, they have declared open war on a country they have every right to hate and mistrust. Am I supposed to think of them as the bad guy when our 'so-called' way of life is designed to keep them subjugated to our political, cultural, and economic will?

[quote]If mistakes were and are made along the way, I say....what war doesn't have them? This is the first time in our history that terrorism has happened and has been addressed! Where's our learning curve?
Where is our cheap oil from Iraq? My gas is still more expensive than it's been, but that is a function of many factors. I cannot complain about the American price of gasoline when it is so much more expensive elsewhere due to our volume of consumption.[/quote]

That would be because it's the companies, lobbyists and politicians are supposed to benefit. Not you...That is the whole point.

[quote]Where is the proof that only no-bid American companies are occupying Iraq? And if they are, where is the proof that some other company could have done better?
There isn't any.
People need to stop accusing Bush and the Admin of every evil that befalls them and their country, and they really need to stop hating on the USA or they will be on the wrong side of history.[/quote]

Why do any big corporations have to be in there? They seemed to do fine getting oil out of the ground before. They had electricity...before you got there.

As for being on the wrong side of history...It's still on-going. And there is a lot of history yet to be made.

[quote]I cannot disguise my disdain for terrorists and all they do, and so many of you all out there continue to try to justify their existence through our supposed violations of freedom rights...as you drive your SUV (or Trans Am....BJ....buy a hybrid if you believe your own BS..), our supposed occupation of Iraq, your arguments that the war there was unjustified (please understand facts versus circumstances from a nation and not a individual human standpoint), the fact that many claim we aren't going after Bin Laden because of Iraq (you are extremely insane if you believe that, PM me if you wish to know why if you cannot figure out battlefield logistics for yourself), and all the other hatred for our country spewed forth on this and every other outlet where people have a voice.[/quote]

I don't own a car, and will avoid it as long as it is possible...Hell, I think you should have to pay environmental and infrastructure taxes if you own anything bigger than a compact. And I think public transit in cities should be funded by those who are hell-bent on driving an SUV when they don't need one.

Is there hypocrisy in my life? Tons of it...You are exactly right in saying that I benefit from the system that is currently set up. But I'm not proud of my cultural inheritance, and would gladly cap my earnings through taxes to support a more equal standard of living for everyone on this continent and beyond.

[quote]You are in the minority, and you always will be, and not from blind patriotism on "our" part, but because of the stupidity, the willingness to beleive whatever you hear that pleases you to be truth on "your" part, and the general dissemination of bullshit that passes for information in our day and age.
Believe what you will. Canada, you're supposed to be our friend.[/quote]

That is where you're wrong...In a world of 5.5 Billion people, YOU are in the minority...I want everyone to be on equal terms, and you want to hold onto your big-screen TV...Even if you have to do it behind the barrel of a gun. Do we love this luxury so much that we would kill for it...even indirectly?

The sad thing is...For the amount of money spent on this war in Iraq, poverty and starvation could practically be ended in Africa. Why is the current cause a better one?

As for Canada...I can't speak for our government, or any other citizen. I know that I can be friends or friendly with most people, and I enjoy the company here. God help me, I love football, beer, and discussions about the salary cap.

I don't wish war and death on anyone, despite what my emotional outburst may imply. I am talking more to a triumph of unselfish Ideology and Economic equality...And I just don't see that war being won by what is happening in Iraq, Haiti, or countless other war zones that always end up being restructured to the benefit of keeping the wealthiest in the world on their perch.

BZ

Guest BengalBacker
And all you people saying you don't think BJ hates America, what has he ever posted that could possibly make you think anything different? It's not like he tries to hide it. He shoves it in your face constantly. He goes way beyond liberal versus conservative. He has a Che Guevara tattoo. He considers people like Marx and Lenin heroes. I'm not even arguing whether he's right or wrong, but he definitely hates everything America is, or ever was.

You may argue that he just hates injustice. Well he thinks America is the biggest perpetrator of injustice. A lot of people might agree with him, but a lot of people hate America. I'm just saying he's one of them. Apparently so is BZ. Maybe BJ would be happier in Canada. He can shiver and hate us all he wants up there. He'd fit right in.

Keep in mind, it's not like I'm a staunch conservative. I disagree with them on many issues. I only defend them when liberals lose their fucking minds which is pretty much all the time these days. BJ is still espousing the belief that Bush staged 9/11. Get a fucking grip, people.

Divide and conquer is the best strategy for war. Liberals have declared war on America using this strategy. They're too fucking stupid to realize that they are digging their own grave too in the process. Keep rooting against us. Keep inventing evil conspiracies at every turn. Keep pushing for a socialist America. But be careful what you wish for.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='221198' date='Feb 22 2006, 02:51 AM']BZ. I've always liked you on here, so don't take this too persoanlly, but [size=6][b]FUCK YOU !!!![/b][/size]

Canadian's smugness towards America pisses me off. Every Canadian I've ever talked to about this has this attitude towards us. There are only two reasons Canada hasn't been taken over by some other country.

1) Nobody wants it.

2) America wouldn't allow it.

That bully you bitch about is all that stands between you and your fucking ruin. You don't have to like us, but don't root against us. God damn that pisses me off !!! Wish for our demise all you want, but if we go down, you're going down with us. I can't believe you wrote "actively cheer for every freedom-fighting strike against the occupying US forces". Freedom fighting???

[size=6][b]Double fuck you !!!![/b][/size]

Fuckin' Canadians with their flappy heads!!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: [/quote]

I always liked you too...But your being angry with me doesn't change my belief that the whole thing is set up to keep oil companies and venture capitalists 'in the money'. It sure doesn't seem to be benefitting anyone else, as far as I can tell.

As for the United States protecting Canada...It's the only country that's ever openly attacked Canada.

We have a free trade agreement that is consistently reneged upon (via tariffs and subsidies), and it took an international judgement just to make the US government admit that they weren't following the rules...Which they still aren't doing.

And it's not about being smug or thinking my country is so great...I didn't vote for the current government, nor the ones before that, because I think we should do things even more like the social democracies in northern Europe.

I wish Canada could do a host of things better...And I wish I could do them better as well. But I am speaking to the topics at-hand, and I support almost all of the indictments that BJ makes in this vein.

BZ

Archived