SEMPER FI FALLUJAH

Bunghole

Guest BlackJesus

[b] :rolleyes: that was 4 rediculous minutes of pure Machismo bullshit .... I love how they forgot to show any of them dying or their triumphant lives back home when some of them return home as amputees or blinded by shrapnel ....

what a fucking Joke

I can't believe people watch that shit and applaud like we are somehow fighting for something other than control of another Fucking country ..... and thus we are "having fun" flattening it and the people that live there ....

This is not some glorious struggle to free our nation from oppression .... this is a bunch of under educated Gun ho boys who watched too many Rambo Movies and grew up in a militaristic American society and thus think that anytime they shoot something that it is justified .... little do they know they are just cannon fodder for the transnational corporations who enrich themself off of their dead, shot up, rotting corpses [/b]

Guest BlackJesus

[center][size=3]Ready .... push play on that Metallica CD :rockon:

[img]http://www.amputee-online.com/unknown_soldier.jpg[/img]

<_< Oh .... I guess reality isn't as cool [/size]

-_- [/center]

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='219944' date='Feb 19 2006, 01:42 AM'][b] :rolleyes: that was 4 rediculous minutes of pure Machismo bullshit .... I love how they forgot to show any of them dying or their triumphant lives back home when some of them return home as amputees or blinded by shrapnel ....

what a fucking Joke

I can't believe people watch that shit and applaud like we are somehow fighting for something other than control of another Fucking country ..... and thus we are "having fun" flattening it and the people that live there ....

This is not some glorious struggle to free our nation from oppresiion .... this is a bunch of under educated Gun ho boys who watched too many Rambo Movies and grew up in a militaristic American society and thus think that anytime they shoot something that it is justified .... little do they know they are just cannon fodder for the transnational corporations who enrich themself off of their dead, shot up, rotting corpses [/b][/quote]

we don't have control of their country, their oil, their votes, their leaders... we are there by their request, and the iraqis are doing most of their own operations... they are conducting [url="http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/06/front2453784.089583333.html"]more operations[/url] than american forces now... they literally control about 30% of the land w/ no US help (or little)... and you still act like its an occupation :onoudidnt:

[quote name='steggyD' post='220059' date='Feb 19 2006, 01:25 PM']Fuck off.[/quote]

while some kids fighting were born heroes and the technology, knowledge, and ultimate power the armed forces have to defend our country is incredible, BJ has some point to his anti american point of view. this isnt bj against the world, it isnt bengals fans hating on steelers fans, its half the country disagreeing with the other half.

you cant deny that there arent asshats in the army, navy, marines, who are there for no other reason than to "fuck some shit up" that takes nothing away from those seriously serving our country, but reality is reality, to glorify what is happening in this country and happening else BECAUSE OF this country, is a bit on the politcal bullshit side.

the military wouldnt be considered something heroic if it were fun to do.... its heroic because you can be killed mamed or disfigured doing it.

I posted the link because I think it is a cool video, and because I have been near similar situations, have had family members go through pretty much the same thing, and a good friend of mine was in that very unit, doing those very things not so long ago in Al Anbar and Fallujah.
Yes it's macho shit to a degree, but so what? It's all fun and games until someone's eye gets put out, right? ;)
BJ, I think Hugo Chavez has a spot for you in his cabinet over there in Venezuela. Perhaps the two of you can hate America together.
Marines are hardcore and believe in themselves and their country. that video isn't fake...that is what those kick-ass mutherfuckers do, and they are unstoppable. Fuck 'em, let 'em try. They'll die, they don't give a fuck.
Yes, I know it's hard to believe, but some people actually take a stand and believe in [i]something[/i] rather than doubt [i]everything[/i]....

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]and you still act like its an occupation[/quote]

[b]don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining ....

until we take the 200,000 + troops out of Iraq .... we are occupying it .... [/b]

[quote]Fuck off[/quote]

[b]Yeah tell me to fuck off .... because I am one of the ones who actually feel disgusted by the fact that these young boys have been lied to and made to believe that War is always fun and cool ..... that is a piece of shit recruiting movie made to recruit naive young American boys who have grown up playing Grand theft auto and other video games and have no idea what real war is really like ....
I deeply feel pain in my heart for these young guys who have been so blinded by hate and propaganda that they actually believe that they are being delegged mutilated, and killed for something other than a futile situation which will erupt into civil war the second we leave ....

so yeah fuck me off ..... [/b]

[quote]posted the link because I think it is a cool video[/quote]

[b]that's fine that you think it is a cool video .... I don't ..... and that may partly be because I am realistic enough to realize that there were civilians in some of those buildings .... and that some of those boys basking in glory are now being devoured by maggots in vain[/b]

[quote]BJ, I think Hugo Chavez has a spot for you in his cabinet over there in Venezuela. Perhaps the two of you can hate America together.[/quote]

[b]It probably isn't worth the trip .... because if history is any indicator .... we are going to try and topple his government like we have so many others in the region ..... [url="http://www.zompist.com/latam.html"]Timeline[/url][/b]

[quote]Marines are hardcore and believe in themselves and their country... that is what those kick-ass mutherfuckers do, and they are unstoppable.[/quote]

[b]Believing in what they are doing doesn't make it right .... I am sure Nazis believed in Hitlers policies, and Soviets believed in Stalins .... and how is what we are doing in those videos different from what Germany did to Poland in their Blitzkrieg to "liberate" Poland ?[/b]

[quote]Yes, I know it's hard to believe, but some people actually take a stand and believe in something rather than doubt everything....[/quote]

[b]what Shit .... I believe in many things .... and more than the average person I would guess ....

I believe in .....
Equality Integrity Honesty Kindness Charity Humility Loyalty Love Fairness Forgiveness Sincerity Generosity Friendliness Sympathy Hospitality Redemption Justice and Truth .....

just because none of them require supporting the indiscriminate bombing of foriegn cities whom resources we wish to control or some sophmorish notion of a trivial diety in a old book of myths doesn't mean that they are invalid or less noble. [/b]

Mixed feelings on this video:

1) In some ways, I find it as offensive as the propaganda video I posted earlier, just less graphic.

2) As someone who served on ships that toted Marines around the Med (and elsewhere), I appreciate their skill and their valor, but I try not to get too carried away on the "hero" adulation. On the other hand, they are kids for the most part, which means to me that they are generally trying to make the best of the situation they find themselves in--if making a video with really crappy music helps them keep their balance, then I understand that.

3) And while I agree with BJ about the utter stupidity of putting our troops in this conflict, I also remember that they are human beings, too. We all are swept up in history in one way or another and I suspect we all make compromises with our individual places within the overall context.

Guest BlackJesus
[center][size=4]So who's going to

[b]"Semper Find"[/b] this US Soldier a new face ?[/size]

[img]http://www.awitness.org/bloody/war_dead_1.jpg[/img][/center]

Guest BlackJesus
[center][i]"Maybe every other American movie shouldn't be based on a comic book. Other countries will think Americans live in an infantile fantasy land where reality is whatever we say it is and every problem can be solved with violence." [/i]
[b]--- Bill Maher[/b][/center]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='219944' date='Feb 19 2006, 06:42 AM'][b] :rolleyes: that was 4 rediculous minutes of pure Machismo bullshit ....[/quote]

4 minutes of this ridiculous machismo BS is still better than 2 yrs of the ridiculous crap you post on a daily basis.

Guest BlackJesus

[quote]4 minutes of this ridiculous machismo BS is still better than 2 yrs of the ridiculous crap you post on a daily basis.[/quote]

[b]hum looks like I hit a thread with Beaker,

needless to say I would think that an intelligent person that understands Science as well as yourself would also be intelligent enough to understand the harmful effects of "pre-emptive" war and the ensuing bullshit propaganda that follows in things like the over glorification in this tape.

good to see ya nevertheless .... ;) [/b]

Guest steggyD
Yeah, yet you glorify those people who blow up random people for some sort of cause. And I'm not talking about Republicans, I'm talking about Muslim extremists. So let us glorify the Marines, and I'll tell you they were hardcore before GTA also.

I normally don't get involved in the politics of this board but as a former Marine and a veteran of Desert Storm I do have some beliefs on the conflict at hand.

1) The American people were flat out lied to in order to get into this "war"
2) I feel for the young men over there right now. Most of them are fighting a battle they know nothing about.
3) Young Marines right out of boot camp and early in the grunt outfits would topple New York City if ordered to.
4) The demolishing of a 3rd world country is really nothing to brag about. It would be like me kicking the shit out of a 3rd grader.
5) To the far Right on this board..Do you really believe Saddam was a threat to our country? WMD's?
6) The Bush administration is way off on this one. No exit strategy at all...maybe they will not need one and we will continue to occupy Iraq.

I don't think BJ hates America. He has been to areas in this world that many of you have never even seen on your BIG SCREENS. I think he has a better idea of how the WORLD really is...more than most on this board anyway. His passion for the equal treatment for all mankind is very clear. Hopefully, when he finishes his Phd. he will shed some light on the younger generation of conservitives if he becomes a Professor. Maybe even someones kid form this fourm. :D :o

For those who think this effort is justified...what have you done for your country, what are you doing for the cause besides showing Motivational Videos? Do you think your vote for Bush was enough?

I love my country and there is no where else like it but I feel we as a nation are fucking up by our continued POLICEING of the world.

Guest steggyD
But the other countries are doing evil acts also, to get on top. We have the upper hand right now is all. Don't forget that as evil as you think America is, there are many other nations that are just as evil, if not more evil. Pick a side.

[quote name='steggyD' post='220178' date='Feb 19 2006, 07:20 PM']But the other countries are doing evil acts also, to get on top. We have the upper hand right now is all. Don't forget that as evil as you think America is, there are many other nations that are just as evil, if not more evil. Pick a side.[/quote]
why pick a side when there are other nations that somehow seem to be able to function quite efficiently without commiting imperialist acts

[quote name='steggyD' post='220178' date='Feb 19 2006, 07:20 PM']But the other countries are doing evil acts also, to get on top. We have the upper hand right now is all. Don't forget that as evil as you think America is, there are many other nations that are just as evil, if not more evil. Pick a side.[/quote]
Sure pick a side but do you have to take glory in bringing death and destruction to a 3rd world country. Does it give you bragging rights when you can laser guide a bomb into a cilvilian's home?

Meanwhile, Dick and gang are exploiting the young men of our nation to gain personal wealth with NO-Bid contracts and using our military to provide security for his company...I mean I did'nt do well in ethics class but DAMN that shit ain't right. :onoudidnt:

Guest steggyD
Well, Iraq is no third world nation. And what makes you think other nations aren't performing imperialist acts or thinking about it? Maybe it's that we remain one step ahead of our adversaries at all times, leaving them speechless. Don't think that we don't have cold war style enemies, such as China, the EU, and Russia.

My father always told me that wars for power will be fought through smaller nations that may seem insignificant. It used to piss me off, but now I realize that there's an entire world out there that would like to see this nation fail. Well, guess what. I live in the USA, so I root for the USA. And I served as a Marine, and I take offense to people such as BJ. And if I were king of the US, I would have people like him hung in the public square. And he thinks we're a fascist nation now. Ha.

Guess its ok for the rulers in thes so called 3rd world countries to kill of their own. yep we should sit back and let it happen..right! I guess it would be better to let them come in here and blow up shit and kill us here.
We need to take it in their back yard [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='220143' date='Feb 19 2006, 10:14 PM'][quote]4 minutes of this ridiculous machismo BS is still better than 2 yrs of the ridiculous crap you post on a daily basis.[/quote]

[b]hum looks like I hit a thread with Beaker,

needless to say I would think that an intelligent person that understands Science as well as yourself would also be intelligent enough to understand the harmful effects of "pre-emptive" war and the ensuing bullshit propaganda that follows in things like the over glorification in this tape.

good to see ya nevertheless .... ;) [/b]
[/quote]

My point was not to defend the marine clip as much as voice my opposition to the content of most of your posts...some I agree with, but alot of your crap grows really tiresome.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='The_Joker' post='220167' date='Feb 19 2006, 06:37 PM']I don't think BJ hates America.[/quote]

You've only been here since November. Trust me, BJ hates America.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='220279' date='Feb 19 2006, 11:56 PM'][quote name='The_Joker' post='220167' date='Feb 19 2006, 06:37 PM']

I don't think BJ hates America.[/quote]

[/quote]

Im not sure I belive that either. If it isnt obvious by now, BJ has a passion and love for the less fortunate. He has lived in these places that we speak about on here and has the perspective that we dont. I think his passion for them is put above all else including anything this country does good or bad. That doesnt mean he hates the US, it just means he has a love for things greater than the US.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='220288' date='Feb 20 2006, 12:13 AM'][quote name='BengalBacker' post='220279' date='Feb 19 2006, 11:56 PM']
[quote name='The_Joker' post='220167' date='Feb 19 2006, 06:37 PM']

I don't think BJ hates America.[/quote]

[/quote]

Im not sure I belive that either. If it isnt obvious by now, BJ has a passion and love for the less fortunate. He has lived in these places that we speak about on here and has the perspective that we dont. I think his passion for them is put above all else including anything this country does good or bad. That doesnt mean he hates the US, it just means he has a love for things greater than the US.
[/quote]

He hates everything we do, everything we ever have done and everything we ever will do. Regardless of what he has a love and passion for, he passionately hates America. That doesn't mean he's always wrong, but he does indeed hate this country.

Archived