Bengals interested in Lavar Arrington!

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Rick' post='250351' date='Apr 16 2006, 10:25 AM']No news on Lavar Arrington? It has been a couple of days since we have heard anything. Could the "Sounds of Silence" be a good thing for Marvin and the Bengals?[/quote]

everyday that passes, his price goes down a little bit. We know he wants to play for Marvin, so that helps.

Guest Master Shake
[quote name='Bengals1181' post='250360' date='Apr 16 2006, 10:41 AM']everyday that passes, his price goes down a little bit. We know he wants to play for Marvin, so that helps.[/quote]

I can't see how this waiting is helping him...it doesn't seem like the Bengals, Giants, Fins, or Pack are willing to budge on their offers. And once the draft comes around, some of these teams will fill their needs at LB, which will drive his price further down.
I expect him to make a decision before the draft so he doesn't lose even more money than he already has. I bet we have the smallest offer on the table of those 4 teams (certainly smaller than those of GB & NYG)...and I don't think we should ante up to his unreasonable demands, but if he does really want to play for Marvin, maybe he'll come down to our offer. Wishful thinking, I know, but Cincy is certainly a more attracive destination than a rebuilding, frozen Green Bay. So, it's down to does he want to take a little less to play for Marvin instead of Coughlin? I'd say there's at least a chance.

[quote name='Rick' post='250351' date='Apr 16 2006, 10:25 AM']No news on Lavar Arrington? It has been a couple of days since we have heard anything. Could the "Sounds of Silence" be a good thing for Marvin and the Bengals?[/quote]

I personally believe, the longer the wait, the better chance the Bengals have at signing him...

...However, I'm trying not to get my hopes up. A one year deal would be PERFECT for the Bengals. Get him for a discounted price for one year, he basically plays in a "Contract year", and then we still have picks next year to address more LB help if needed.

win/win in both cases i think

Guest schotzee

[quote name='Bunghole' post='250402' date='Apr 16 2006, 12:35 PM'][b]I gotta stop clicking on this thread.[/b] Someone will just start a new one when something happens with him, right?
RIGHT?
:unsure:[/quote]

I hear ya :lol:

Guest Master Shake

[quote name='Bunghole' post='250402' date='Apr 16 2006, 12:35 PM']I gotta stop clicking on this thread. Someone will just start a new one when something happens with him, right?
RIGHT?
:unsure:[/quote]

I don't think so...if we sign Lavar the announcement should come in this thread...if it doesn't, it should be merged, in the interest of keeping this your one-stop-for-all-things-Lavar shop.

Guest TheBeaverHunter
as of 4-14 we are still in the running

[quote]Lewis also said Friday that the Bengals remain interested in linebacker LaVar Arrington, who agreed last month to give up $4.4 million on his contract in order to leave the Washington Redskins as a free agent.[/quote]

Guest Master Shake
[quote name='Rick' post='250931' date='Apr 17 2006, 02:54 PM']How do we know Lavar wants to play for Marvin? Has he said it to the press. Does ANYONE have proof? Does he really?[/quote]

who would you want to play for between Marvin, Coughlin, Saban, and McCarthy??? Marvin works his players hard, but he's not overbearing like Coughlin and Saban, something that I would think would wear on a guy like Lavar. And McCarthy's just a rookie coach on a team that still has yet to hit rock bottom.
Now, Del Rio, I can see why Lavar might want to play for him, also, but I don't think it's unreasonable to infer that of all his suitors, Marvin would be Lavar's #1 or #2 preferred coach.

Guest TheBeaverHunter
Why not want to play for a coach who is the coach of a division winner who's only weakness you can help cure. Not to mention you had your best year under this coach.

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='250977' date='Apr 17 2006, 04:06 PM'][center][img]http://www.aeropause.com/archives/uruk.jpg[/img][/center][/quote]
Uhhhhhhhhh........... :unsure:

[quote name='Master Shake' post='250933' date='Apr 17 2006, 03:07 PM']who would you want to play for between Marvin, Coughlin, Saban, and McCarthy??? Marvin works his players hard, but he's not overbearing like Coughlin and Saban, something that I would think would wear on a guy like Lavar. And McCarthy's just a rookie coach on a team that still has yet to hit rock bottom.
Now, Del Rio, I can see why Lavar might want to play for him, also, but I don't think it's unreasonable to infer that of all his suitors, Marvin would be Lavar's #1 or #2 preferred coach.[/quote]

So, we are ALL inferring he wants to play for Marvin. Inferring and assuming, hmmmmm...

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='251013' date='Apr 17 2006, 05:21 PM']Uhhhhhhhhh........... :unsure:[/quote]

[center][img]http://nacho.princeton.edu/fowler/joshua/year2/dec1_zoo/antelope_humping_zebra.jpg[/img][/center]

Guest Master Shake
[quote name='Rick' post='251047' date='Apr 17 2006, 06:40 PM']So, we are ALL inferring he wants to play for Marvin. Inferring and assuming, hmmmmm...[/quote]

well why don't you call him and find out? what the fuck else are we supposed to do besides infer?

[quote name='Master Shake' post='251054' date='Apr 17 2006, 06:49 PM']well why don't you call him and find out? what the fuck else are we supposed to do besides infer?[/quote]

Master Shake, relax man. I hope you and others are right. I'm not jumping on you or others who are assuming. The more I read here about Lavar, the more I am assuming it is NOT over yet. :lol:

Guest Master Shake

[quote name='Rick' post='251064' date='Apr 17 2006, 07:09 PM']Master Shake, relax man. I hope you and others are right. I'm not jumping on you or others who are assuming. The more I read here about Lavar, the more I am assuming it is NOT over yet. :lol:[/quote]

yeah, i know, it's cool...it's just that, if we knew he really wanted to be a Bengal, he would be one already. The fact is, even if he WOULD prefer to play for the Bengals, even at a discount price, he wouldn't make it public. He would continue to act interested in these other teams in order to get as much money as possible out of Mike Brown. So even if we had info from him or his agent, it would surely be spin intended to manipulate the teams with whom he's negotiating. Cause no matter how bad he wants to play for Marvin, he'll still want as much $$$ as he can get.
but imo he's running out of time...if he doesn't sign somewhere before the draft, he could lose millions, especially if AJ Hawk falls to GB, and if JAX, NYG or us take Thomas Howard or someone. I think this should all come to a head within the next 2 weeks.

[quote name='Master Shake' post='251067' date='Apr 17 2006, 07:17 PM']yeah, i know, it's cool...it's just that, if we knew he really wanted to be a Bengal, he would be one already. The fact is, even if he WOULD prefer to play for the Bengals, even at a discount price, he wouldn't make it public. He would continue to act interested in these other teams in order to get as much money as possible out of Mike Brown. So even if we had info from him or his agent, it would surely be spin intended to manipulate the teams with whom he's negotiating. Cause no matter how bad he wants to play for Marvin, he'll still want as much $$$ as he can get.
but imo he's running out of time...if he doesn't sign somewhere before the draft, he could lose millions, especially if AJ Hawk falls to GB, and if JAX, NYG or us take Thomas Howard or someone. I think this should all come to a head within the next 2 weeks.[/quote]

:D

Guest schotzee

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='251051' date='Apr 17 2006, 06:45 PM'][center][img]http://nacho.princeton.edu/fowler/joshua/year2/dec1_zoo/antelope_humping_zebra.jpg[/img][/center][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] You are insane :lol:

[quote name='Bunghole' post='251072' date='Apr 17 2006, 07:27 PM']Arrington will sign somewhere before the draft....he HAS to or risk losing out on even more money![/quote]

I think so too. However his agents held law out last year for a while so who knows.

Guest schotzee
We've seen this before,but rumored again.Decision in next 24 hours

Arrington decision coming next 24 hours? Anyone else hear this? : Tony Soprano : 4/17/06 4:14 PM
Finheaven says ESPN radio is reporting Arrington has made up his mind and his decision will be announced in the next 24 hours.
[url="http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/petescorner2/forum_display.cfm?F1_ID=186149"]http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/petescor...fm?F1_ID=186149[/url]

Archived