--- Official NON BENGALS RELATED DRAFT DAY TALK thread ---

Guest BlackJesus

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='JC' post='259987' date='Apr 30 2006, 12:22 PM']I love the Peko pick!!!!!

[b]Lets just hope he isnt like his MSU teamate[/b] <_<[/quote]

lol [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Guest happyrid
Peko has the talent to become a good starter in the NFL, but his inconsistent play kept him from being a consistently good college player. He has the natural size, but needs to get in better shape and play with good leverage/base in order to play up to his natural size/strength consistently in the NFL. He has the quick feet, agility and playing speed to avoid blocks and chase plays down in pursuit -- he has a good slap and arm-over move to defeat blocks. [b]He has not stayed in shape or played up to his ability consistently at Michigan State and usually those traits follow a player into the NFL. [/b]Teams will need to be very careful not to over-draft him because of his natural athleticism, but could definitely draft him late because 300-pound defensive tackles with his athleticism and on-field competitiveness are hard to find. In the end, Peko will most likely end up being the same inconsistent player in the NFL that he was in college, but if the light ever goes on and he plays aggressively and with good hand use and technique, he has the tools to become a solid, disruptive starting defensive tackle in the NFL.

Sounds like somebody I know...

Hopefully Marvin has learned from past mistakes.

Why did we go back to Michigan State to grab a DT? Don't we already have a lazy one in Mathias Askew??

Or is this Marvin's way of motivating Askew to put up or shut up?

One thing I know is that he adds size to our line, and would fit in well in the rotation with Sam, JT, Robinson, and S. Smith.

[quote name='rumble in the jungle' post='260008' date='Apr 30 2006, 12:27 PM']marvin is on live on the bengals website talking about the 4th pick, check it out fellas. NOW...[/quote]

I only caught the last little bit he sounds very excited.

[quote name='JungleCat' post='260036' date='Apr 30 2006, 12:42 PM']Rob Sims to Seattle. I hate to sound homerish towards OSU but I wish we would get someone from OSU one year. How about Mike Kudla? I thought he was really good getting to the QB and getting sacks.[/quote]

Im wanting Washington to get him at pick 153. I would win 40 dollars :blink:

[quote name='rumble in the jungle' post='260035' date='Apr 30 2006, 12:40 PM']he said that Peko is good friend with fenane and that he's really excited to come to cincinnati. and has great work ethic, and great potential. we'll see. but i do like having the samoin dudes come here though.[/quote]
Sweet, we got us two Samoans on the line. If you look back at past history, those Samoan dudes are damn good football players. Look at Junior Seau in his prime. Troy Polamalu is a soft spoken one, and he is a fierce player as well. So is Joe Sale'vea of the Redskins. I'm sure that you can name numerous others in the NFL that have succeeded to become solid players.

I'm looking forward to seeing Peko play. The scout report on NFL.com says that he has the talent to be a durable starting DT in the league, but needs a little work on technique (where have we heard that before?)

Stealers RB

Pros: Plays with great effort and enthusiasm, tough runner, has been a great addition to GT when he plays.
Cons: Durablity, not a great blocker, and doesn't possess top end speed.

ran a 4.65

Now O. Harris for the Stealers.

[quote name='Kochman' post='260055' date='Apr 30 2006, 12:51 PM']Stealers RB

Pros: Plays with great effort and enthusiasm, tough runner, has been a great addition to GT when he plays.
Cons: Durablity, not a great blocker, and doesn't possess top end speed.

ran a 4.65

Now O. Harris for the Stealers.[/quote]

:lol: :lol:

This guy got picked by the Ratbirds.....not the Cheats. :P It would tickle me to no end to see all the decent RBs snatched up before them bastards got to pick.

[quote name='DanvilleBengal' post='260062' date='Apr 30 2006, 12:53 PM']:lol: :lol:

This guy got picked by the Ratbirds.....not the Cheats. :P It would tickle me to no end to see all the decent RBs snatched up before them bastards got to pick.[/quote]

He sucks anyway. Im glad someone in our division got him.

Guest starkesn
[quote name='JC' post='260064' date='Apr 30 2006, 11:54 AM']Dusty Dvorack could be a steal to anyone who picks him up.[/quote]

he already went to the bears in round three.

[quote name='starkesn' post='260067' date='Apr 30 2006, 12:56 PM']he already went to the bears in round three.[/quote]
I missed round three. Sorry about that :lol:

Damn he would have been nice but Rodrique should be a steal.

Archived