Bill Cosby

Jamie_B

[quote name='sean' date='May 10 2005, 08:57 AM']Did he have more extra curricular activites?
Was he more involved in his school?
They use these as criteria as well.
[right][post="90515"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

no he didnt play sports..... so no he didnt go on scholarship for anything like that... the only stuff we did diffrently is i had A-team and he didnt. I dont know if u have the acedemic challange up there in ohio but here its like a triva challange for hs students..........

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='sean' date='May 10 2005, 08:40 AM'][b]In my travels, most of the racial disharmony that I've encountered has been the result of a minority's paranoia.[/b] I understand the paranoia because it's hard to forget racial memory.  Growing up I always heard nigger this and nigger that, and every time I heard the word and the tone that went with it my skin would crawl. I am 34 years old and everyone that I know around the same age has moved passed the attitudes of our parents and grandparents. If I have moved passed racial memory, why shouldn't I expect it of others? It's as if it's assumed that negative racial thoughts are running through my head because I am white. I had a woman come into a store that I used to work at and claim I was watching her because she was black. I was watching her alright, but it was because she had a nice ass. Race may still be an issue, but it is definetly not a MAJOR issue anymore. Bad things happen and they're not all motivated by others people's reaction to your skin color.
[right][post="90520"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

So according to you theres no racism in America, only paraniod minoirities, are you serious?

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 10 2005, 10:36 AM']So according to you theres no racism in America, only paraniod minoirities, are you serious?
[right][post="90533"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I can't speak for sean, but yes, racism still exists. And it goes both ways. I have been insulted, and physically attacked because of my race (white).

Racism will ALWAYS exist, as long as mankind is around. But in the US anyway, [b]INSTITUTIONALLY[/b] it is NOT the problem it once was.

Again, it still exists, but from a legal/institutional standpoint, it is much better.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 10 2005, 09:36 AM']So according to you theres no racism in America, only paraniod minoirities, are you serious?

smoov, how can any of us have serious conversations, when you turn their words around on them... you knew what he meant the same as all of us do... in other words, the tides are turning... i'm going to get brutally honest though... i am not proud of the past, and what my ancestors might have done... but i was born in 1981... as much as race has been shoved down our throats from day 1 in school, my generation is really turning the corner... baddasses post put it very well... probably the best post he has ever had, imo... the majority of racism that exists in this day and age is from people 50 and up (not everyone but living through the civil rights movement for all sides had to be tough) and african americans.. yes, you guys heard me right... i'm not saying that your ancestors shouldn't have a huge beef w/ my ancestors, or you shouldn't remember what your people had to endure, but what does that have to do w/ our generation? very little imo... personally, i don't see the racism in the workplace (at least where i work) smoov... i also work in a corporate environment, and considering that my main boss is black, i don't see how racism played in that...

the truth is, the biggest racists in this country right now, are african americans and elderly whites... like is said, thats your right and it may be deserved on our (whites) part, but until the past is let go, there will always be strong racism problems... if you can't see the corner being turned, then we are all in for some huge problems...

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='Jason' date='May 10 2005, 09:59 AM']I can't speak for sean, but yes, racism still exists.  And it goes both ways.  I have been insulted, and physically attacked because of my race (white).

Racism will ALWAYS exist, as long as mankind is around.  But in the US anyway. [b]INSTITUTIONALLY[/b] it is NOT the problem it once was.

Again, it still exists, but from a legal/institutional standpoint, it is much better.
[right][post="90538"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I agree with you on every part execpt for: [quote]Racism will ALWAYS exist, as long as mankind is around.  But in the US anyway.[/quote] I hope that isn't true, if that is the case America is doomed. We have the power to change if we really want to, when people come together on a common accord wonderful things can happen. Call me a naive` dreamer, but I sincerely hope that racism won't plauge America forever.

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='bengalrick' date='May 10 2005, 10:17 AM']baddasses post put it very well... probably the best post he has ever had, imo...
[right][post="90542"][/post][/right][/quote]
:D

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='sean' date='May 10 2005, 08:40 AM']I had a woman come into a store that I used to work at and claim I was watching her because she was black. I was watching her alright, but it was because she had a nice ass.
[right][post="90520"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 10 2005, 11:34 AM']I agree with you on every part execpt for:  I hope that isn't true, if that is the case America is doomed.  We have the power to change if we really want to, when people come together on a common accord wonderful things can happen.  Call me a naive` dreamer, but I sincerely hope that racism won't plauge America forever.
[right][post="90548"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Sorry, the "." between "anyway", and "institutionally" should have been a ",".

I will correct.

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 10 2005, 09:36 AM']So according to you theres no racism in America, only paraniod minoirities, are you serious?

Of course it exists! Both ways. I used the terms "most of" and "not a MAJOR issue".
It's just not as big of an obstacle as it's made out to be.
In corporate America you hear claims all the time. To me it seems that the more important the job, the harder it is to procure it. If African Americans make up 12% of the population , in a fair fight for a job 12% of the applicants will be black. Gives you less of a chance to get the job, not because you're black, but because you are a minority.

Plkease note that when I say "you" I mean it generically

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='bengalrick' date='May 10 2005, 10:17 AM']smoov, how can any of us have serious conversations, when you turn their words around on them... you knew what he meant the same as all of us do... in other words, the tides are turning... i'm going to get brutally honest though... i am not proud of the past, and what my ancestors might have done... but i was born in 1981... as much as race has been shoved down our throats from day 1 in school, my generation is really turning the corner... baddasses post put it very well... probably the best post he has ever had, imo... the majority of racism that exists in this day and age is from people 50 and up (not everyone but living through the civil rights movement for all sides had to be tough) and african americans.. yes, you guys heard me right... i'm not saying that your ancestors shouldn't have a huge beef w/ my ancestors, or you shouldn't remember what your people had to endure, but what does that have to do w/ our generation? very little imo... personally, i don't see the racism in the workplace (at least where i work) smoov... i also work in a corporate environment, and considering that my main boss is black, i don't see how racism played in that...

the truth is, the biggest racists in this country right now, are african americans and elderly whites... like is said, thats your right and it may be deserved on our (whites) part, but until the past is let go, there will always be strong racism problems... if you can't see the corner being turned, then we are all in for some huge problems...
[right][post="90542"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[quote]smoov, how can any of us have serious conversations, when you turn their words around on them... you knew what he meant the same as all of us do..[/quote]

How did I turn Sean's words around on him? He said that minoirities were paraniod and that racism wasn't a big problem, according to him. I think that is one of the saddest and most mis-guided things I've ever heard, but hey everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Why do think the biggest racist are African-Americans? If you honestly believe that then we are doomed.

If racism doesn't exist and young white people aren't racist just the older generations, and the most laughable of all "the biggest racists in this country right now, are african americans "(that's just ignorant) Do you remember the unfortunate case of James Byrd Jr. [url="http://www.texasnaacp.org/jasper.htm"]Click Here[/url] Byrd was killed in June of 1998 because he was a Black man, if African Americans are so racist were are the stories like this about blacks KILLING whites because their white skin? Just becuase you claim not to have any racist feelings doesn't mean every white guy your age feels the same, also you can't dismiss what your ancestors did by saying well that's not me so it doesn't apply, life doesn't work like that.

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 10 2005, 01:23 PM']How did I turn Sean's words around on him?  He said that minoirities were paraniod and that racism wasn't a big problem, according to him.  I think that is one of the saddest and most mis-guided things I've ever heard, but hey everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

Why do think the biggest racist are African-Americans?  If you honestly believe that then we are doomed.

If racism doesn't exist and young white people aren't racist just the older generations, and the most laughable of all "the biggest racists in this country right now, are african americans "(that's just ignorant) Do you remember the unfortunate case of James Byrd Jr.  [url="http://www.texasnaacp.org/jasper.htm"]Click Here[/url]  Byrd was killed in June of 1998 because he was a Black man, if African Americans are so racist were are the stories like this about blacks KILLING whites because their white skin?    Just becuase you claim not to have any racist feelings doesn't mean every white guy your age feels the same, also you can't dismiss what your ancestors did by saying well that's not me so it doesn't apply, life doesn't work like that.
[right][post="90586"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[url="http://www.brooklynskyline.com/news_article.asp?c=ne&na=1486"]http://www.brooklynskyline.com/news_article.asp?c=ne&na=1486[/url]

Its just not publicised...... no story in black people beating up white kids... they call it non bias.... my fucking ass its non bias.......if this where reversed and one racial slur was used towards the black kids as it was the white kids.. it would beconsidered racist and be labeled a hate crime in an instant but its not because its black kids beating up a white family so its non biased... go figure

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 10 2005, 12:23 PM']Do you remember the unfortunate case of James Byrd Jr.  [url="http://www.texasnaacp.org/jasper.htm"]Click Here[/url]  Byrd was killed in June of 1998 because he was a Black man, if African Americans are so racist were are the stories like this about blacks KILLING whites because their white skin?   

Blacks kill, assault, rob, and rape whites every day in this country and they target them because they're white. It always gets swept under the rug. The media has a feeding frenzy when it's the other way around, but ignores it when it's black on white. If you don't know that that's the truth, you have your head in the sand.

[quote]also you can't dismiss what your ancestors did by saying well that's not me so it doesn't apply, life doesn't work like that.[/quote]

I don't think he was saying dismiss it so much as we shouldn't be held responsible for it, one of my ancestors was Lincoln's 1st VP Hannibal Hamlin he was helpful in fighting for and end to slavery. But does that mean I should get a free pass because he helped free black people?...Hell no, nor does it mean that if any of my ancestors owned slaves that I should be held responsible for that. (I don't know about my dads side of the family, my grandpa was adopted so we don't know much about it) To say that I should have to pay for the sins of my forefathers is absurd. Forgotten no, responsible for....hell no.

Guest bengalrick
smoov, i figured that you won't agree... i get tired of hearing how i am "holding down the black man", and in every rap song i listen to, they are making fun of white people or cops or something... i actually like and mostly listen to rap, so i've heard a lot of songs... Ice cube was one of the worst until he got into show business and realized how much more money he could make if he shut the fuck up about that and left it alone... i seriously doubt he has changed his stance on that...

how about this song by da lench mob, w/ cube in it:

buck da devil:

[quote][Verse One]
Buck the devil, buck the devil, buck the devil BOOM
Give the nigga, give the nigga, give the nigga ROOM
Must be a full moon, here comes a tune
Bullets fly by your head zoom zoom zoom
(A to the K to the 4 to the 7
Little devils don't go to heaven!
Last night I shot eleven at the record shop
Most of 'em dropped when my 9 went pop!)
Damn; see the f**kin cop with the flat-top
standin over niggaz face down on the blacktop
That shit's gotta stop, so I kick the hip-hop
Pop that devil in his ass and make him flip-flop
Flip-flop flip-flop back when I talk back
Now his name is Stucky Mack, tryin to f**k a black
In fact I got the 411, so you can buy a gun
Lench Mob's got the devil on the run, down with King Sun
(And we bring fun to all ages
Short Dog got the motherf**kin gauges
Shootin through yellow pages
That's why whitey wanna catch us in cages)
But no no no I don't think so
Shorty joined the nation, and he don't drink no mo'
Show 'em how to eat the lip, and how to beat the shit
out of a devil see a brother he's agreed to give
asalaam alaikum, shake 'em, and whitey can't fake 'em
And if they try F.O.I. will break 'em
(Wu-alaikum salaam and I'm (??))
(Ice Cube drop the motherf**kin bomb!) There it is yo..

'Lench Mob..'
'Down with Farrakhan..' -> Chuck D
'Gotta let 'em know the devil's a conniver' -> Puba
(repeat all 2X)

[Verse Two]
The devil hates, the devil hates, the devil hates my skin
because I'm original, so please tell a friend (yo)
But who will win in the end?
That's whitey's in the (??) tryin to blend with the black men
(But we'll check the blue eyes, contacts ain't wise
cause different color eyes get chastized)
So can I get a witness, work on your fitness
and be sure to put the devil on your shitlist
Y'all can't miss this, a brand new LP
from the L-E-N-C-H  M-O-B
(No I'm not your Toby, just like you told me
Just found out I'm the O.G.)
(Never caught the holy ghost, sorta like you do)
Just like X-Clan relyin on my voodoo

(Who you?)  (One flew)  (over the cuckoo nest)
Now I guess that you think you're blessed
(Get that f**kin cross off your chest
+Can I Kick It+ like A Tribe Called Quest?)  YES!
The devil hates, the devil hates, the devil hates my crew
So let the nigga, let the nigga, let the nigga through
But f**k you too and your red white and blue
Motherf**ker you through -- so act like you knew
(Shoot you with my twenty-two!)  I got plenty crew
(I take out white boys that's scary)  (BOO!)
Yeah I'm the nigga that said it
And I'm sorry that I can't regret it
but it's a proven fact that Jack is anti-black
SO HERE'S YOUR F**KIN PAYBACK
(I'm with the..)

'Lench Mob..'
'Huh, buck the devil' -> Ice Cube
'Lench Mob..'
'Buck buck buck the devil' -> Ice Cube

[Verse Three]
I'm comin, I'm comin, I'm comin, I'm comin
(Bullets, hummin)  Devils, runnin
(Niggaz, gunnin)  Many, done in
(Looks, stunnin)  (Now to kick the fun in!)
BUCK THAT DEVIL -- come again black man
BUCK THAT DEVIL -- come again black man
BUCK THAT DEVIL, BUCK THAT DEVIL
BUCK THAT DEVIL, F**K THAT DEVIL!
Armageddeon is a confrontation
that's the information comin from the Nation
So whatcha gonna do with your crew or your boys
will you just sellout, or bring the noise?
(Keep your boys cause we got big toys
with the one mile scope, takin whitey's throat)
(Why, cause he made me ride a boat?)
A lot of us died at float, and you can quote
from the L.M., run run run run run and tell them
with they devilish ways and they pale skin
(that the motherf**kers'll never win!)
(YEAHHHHH, AND IT'S LIKE THAT!) HAHAHAHAHA![/quote]

why do they even need a song like this? this is just a "white bashing" song, w/ no other point... when people get used to hearing how bad whites and cops are, of course they are going to be weary of them...

racism is rampid in the black communities imo, against whites... i bet that many on here would agree w/ me... whether they will say it or not is another matter all together...

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 10 2005, 12:23 PM']How did I turn Sean's words around on him?  He said that minoirities were paraniod and that racism wasn't a big problem, according to him.  I think that is one of the saddest and most mis-guided things I've ever heard, but hey everyone is entitled to their opinion. [/quote]

If you truly experience so much racism, I'm sorry. It seems that New York isn't as liberal as we all thought. It's truly not that bad here in Cincy. The riots we had were about the police department and the black community. I grew up in Forest Park, which was 50% white. I now live in College Hill, which is 50% white. Maybe I live a sheltered life in my mixed communities.

Guest bengalrick
[quote]also you can't dismiss what your ancestors did by saying well that's not me so it doesn't apply, life doesn't work like that.[/quote]

i must have missed this quote...

first off, i am ashamed of how my ancestors acted in the past... that isn't the point though...

if YOU want credit for what your great-great grandpa and grandma had to deal w/, i am not giving it to you... in other words, i am ashamed of what MY ancestors did, and feel bad for YOUR ancestors, but i don't feel sorry for YOU... just my opinion...

Guest BengalBacker
Here's a simple google search: black on white crime

[url="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=black+on+white+crime&btnG=Search"]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=b...ime&btnG=Search[/url]

Of course some of these sites have an agenda, but the numbers are what they are. If you can find numbers that dispute these, please post them. For every James Byrd, there are thousands of whites murdered by blacks just for being white.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 10 2005, 12:23 PM']you can't dismiss what your ancestors did by saying well that's not me so it doesn't apply, life doesn't work like that.

My ancestors were dirt poor farmers who barely got by. What did they do that makes me owe you anything?

The current younger generation(s) of white Americans owe minorities of any race/creed/sexual orientation nothing except fair and equal treatment as fellow human beings vying for a living on this watery space rock we call home.

We are all in the here and now, and must move forward as brothers and sisters under the flag of humanity, without forgetting the past, but not dooming ourselves to repeat it.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Bunghole' date='May 10 2005, 01:28 PM']The current younger generation(s) of white Americans owe minorities of any race/creed/sexual orientation nothing except fair and equal treatment as fellow human beings vying for a living on this watery space rock we call home.

We are all in the here and now, and must move forward as brothers and sisters under the flag of humanity, without forgetting the past, but not dooming ourselves to repeat it.
[right][post="90611"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i think bunghole is a politician in disguise... short and sweet, yet so true...

[quote name='bengalrick' date='May 10 2005, 12:40 PM'][b]i think bunghole is a politician in disguise... short and sweet, yet so true...[/b][right][post="90618"][/post][/right][/quote]
Don't reveal my secrets EVER again! <_<

:blink: ...... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//23.gif[/img] ..... :mellow: ..... :lol: ..... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Jamie_B' date='May 10 2005, 01:01 PM']I don't think he was saying dismiss it so much as we shouldn't be held responsible for it, one of my ancestors was Lincoln's 1st VP Hannibal Hamlin he was helpful in fighting for and end to slavery. But does that mean I should get a free pass because he helped free black people?...Hell no, nor does it mean that if any of my ancestors owned slaves that I should be held responsible for that. (I don't know about my dads side of the family, my grandpa was adopted so we don't know much about it) To say that I should have to pay for the sins of my forefathers is absurd. Forgotten no, responsible for....hell no.
[right][post="90598"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

People like you payed for the sins of their forefathers before with reparations fof Japanese-Americans(in the camps during WW2), and they had nothing to do with them putting them in the camps.

[quote name='BadassBengal' date='May 10 2005, 06:07 PM']People like you payed for the sins of their forefathers before with reparations fof Japanese-Americans(in the camps during WW2), and they had nothing to do with them putting them in the camps.
[right][post="90711"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Ill tell you what, you give the Egyptians for building the Pyramids and I’m sure we can work something out. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Jamie_B' date='May 10 2005, 07:34 PM']Ill tell you what, you give the Egyptians for building the Pyramids and I’m sure we can work something out.  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]
[right][post="90741"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I sent a few bucks over there last week. That should cover somethin..... right.....? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

[quote name='BadassBengal' date='May 10 2005, 11:27 PM']I sent a few bucks over there last week. That should cover somethin..... right.....?  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]
[right][post="90774"][/post][/right][/quote]

Maybee..... But I also have Blackfoot blood in me...can you send me some money for my casino. :P

Archived