** OFFICIAL OHIO STATE BUCKEYES FOOTBALL THREAD

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='JC' post='355193' date='Oct 1 2006, 05:04 PM']Nat'l championship coming our way...
and i can't wait to bitch slap mario manningham.[/quote]
You might have to wait until 2007. ESPN is reporting that he's having knee surgery...

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2618546"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2618546[/url]

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='363445' date='Oct 14 2006, 04:38 PM']:rant: :rant: ABC just switched me to the damn Mizzou v A&M game after OSU went up 31-0. I don't give a flying fuck about MIzzou dammit!!!! :rant: :rant:

But at least the men in Scarlet and Gray looked fantastic today.

[b][size=7][color="#666666"]O[/color] [color="#CC0000"]H[/color] !!![/size][/b][/quote]

They did the same damn thing here ! :rant:

[b][size=7][color="#666666"]I[/color] [color="#CC0000"]O[/color] !!![/size][/b]

:headbang:

[quote name='IndianaBengal' post='367180' date='Oct 19 2006, 01:26 AM']Indiana Hoosiers 486
Buck Cherrys 3

They would change the game on you in the first quarter anyway.[/quote]
:lmao:

Sorry Indy. Ain't gonna happen. But your boys did look great last week against Iowa.

too bad for you OSU isn't Iowa...

Guest IndianaBengal
What channel is the game on in local Cinnnicati? 5,8,12??? I am only showing it on espnU on directtv. I don't have that channel purchased. I'll watch my antannae if its on local cincy station..
thanx,Ib

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='IndianaBengal' post='368508' date='Oct 21 2006, 09:10 AM']What channel is the game on in local Cinnnicati? 5,8,12??? I am only showing it on espnU on directtv. I don't have that channel purchased. I'll watch my antannae if its on local cincy station..
thanx,Ib[/quote]

ESPNU is the only channel the game is going to be on... <_<

This does blow. For the 2nd time in 3 weeks, the Bucks are the only Big Ten game not on mainstream tv.

I want to watch the upset unfold. The hoosiers only need 5 TDs in 10 minutes to pulllit off.

Fuck Time and Warner. That other team's on every frickin week though.

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='368622' date='Oct 21 2006, 02:07 PM']It's over. 44-3. Indy did hold the lead for a brief time, though...

Great game Buckeyes!!!

[b][size=7][color="#CC0000"]O!![/color] [color="#999999"]H!![/color][/size][/b][/quote]

[b][size=7][color="#CC0000"]I!![/color] [color="#999999"]O!![/color][/size][/b]

:headbang:

A little humor.

One day in the future Llllllllloyd Carr died, and somehow made it into Heaven. When he got there, God showed him around heaven, then took him to his house. It was a nice little cottage with a garden, a fountain, and a dark blue flag with a gold M on it. Llllllloyd looked up on the hill, and saw a huge mansion painted scarlet and gray with the block O and buckeye leaf flag on it.

Llllllloyd says to God, "I don't want to seem ungrateful or anything, but why do I get this little house, which is nice, but Jim Tressel gets that huge mansion up there?".

God answers "That's not Jim Tressel's house, that's my house."

Another one.

Three football fans were on their way to watch the game when one noticed a foot sticking out of the bushes by the side of the road.
They stopped and discovered a beautiful nude female dead drunk. Out of respect and propriety, the Ohio State fan took off his cap and placed it over her right breast. The Notre Dame fan took off his cap and placed it over her left breast. Following their lead, the Michigan fan took off his cap and placed it over her crotch.
The police were called and when the officer arrived, he conducted his inspection.
First, he lifted up the Ohio State cap, replaced it, and wrote down some notes.
Next, he lifted the Notre Dame cap, replaced it, and wrote down some more notes.
The officer then lifted the Michigan cap, replaced it, then lifted it again, replaced it, lifted it a third time, and replaced it one last time. The Michigan fan was getting upset and finally asked, "What are you, a pervert or something?
Why do you keep lifting and looking, lifting and looking?"
"Well," said the officer, "I am simply surprised. Normally when I look under a Michigan hat, I find an asshole."

All I can say is that if Ohio State and Michigan play each other as #1 and #2 on November 18th then this should just be the preview of the national championship game. No matter who loses the loser should be number 2 in the polls.

[quote name='Jason' post='378467' date='Nov 5 2006, 07:48 AM']Damn. It's a good thing we were playing Illinois yesterday, and not Michigan. Or Wisconsin.[/quote]

Give Illini D credit, they did a good job in the 2nd half.

I felt The OSU shut down a little too early and I hope Chris Wells isn't damaged physcologically.
I would have given him a few touches to boost his confidence.

Still more Mecheatagain humor:

On a tour of Florida, the Pope took a couple of days off to visit the coast for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the beach in the Pope-mobile when there was a frantic commotion just off shore. A helpless man, wearing a Michigan jersey, was struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 25-foot shark. As the Pope watched, horrified, a speedboat came racing up with three men wearing Ohio State jerseys board. One quickly fired a harpoon into the shark's side. The other two reached out and pulled the bleeding, semi-conscious Wolverine fan from the water.

Then using (autographed by Woody himself) baseball bats, the three heroes in OSU Red beat the shark to death and hauled it into the boat. Immediately the Pope shouted and summoned them to the beach. "I give you my blessing for your brave actions," he told them. "I heard that there was some bitter hatred between Buckeye and Michigan fans, but now have seen with my own eyes that this is not the truth."

As the Pope drove off, the harpooner asked his buddies "Who was that?" "It was the Pope," one replied. "He is in direct contact with God and has access to all of God's wisdom.""Well," the harpooner said, "he may have access to God's wisdom, but he doesn't know anything about shark fishing....how's the bait holding up?"

[quote name='Jason' post='381793' date='Nov 8 2006, 03:15 PM']Still more Mecheatagain humor:

On a tour of Florida, the Pope took a couple of days off to visit the coast for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the beach in the Pope-mobile when there was a frantic commotion just off shore. A helpless man, wearing a Michigan jersey, was struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 25-foot shark. As the Pope watched, horrified, a speedboat came racing up with three men wearing Ohio State jerseys board. One quickly fired a harpoon into the shark's side. The other two reached out and pulled the bleeding, semi-conscious Wolverine fan from the water.

Then using (autographed by Woody himself) baseball bats, the three heroes in OSU Red beat the shark to death and hauled it into the boat. Immediately the Pope shouted and summoned them to the beach. "I give you my blessing for your brave actions," he told them. "I heard that there was some bitter hatred between Buckeye and Michigan fans, but now have seen with my own eyes that this is not the truth."

As the Pope drove off, the harpooner asked his buddies "Who was that?" "It was the Pope," one replied. "He is in direct contact with God and has access to all of God's wisdom.""Well," the harpooner said, "he may have access to God's wisdom, but he doesn't know anything about shark fishing....how's the bait holding up?"[/quote]

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

probably an old one;

What did the Ohio State Grad say when he met a Michigan grad?

"I'll take a Big Mac; order of fries....." :D

1. Is there any reason to worry about Northwestern? They've seemed to hold their own in the Big 10, minus the Michigan State meltdown. I guess what I'm saying, is they're not a push-over IMO.

2. I have a friend who's a student at OSU and he has 2 tickets to the Michigan game, working on three. But, I think he's trying to pay for next semester's tuition with the proceeds. PM me if you're interested.

Guest WhoDeyForever
Ohio State quarterback Troy Smith yesterday said he has been dealing with a sore thumb on his right (throwing) hand for several weeks.

"It happened a while ago," he said. "To tell you the truth, I can’t pinpoint one thing that made it start hurting. It was probably a growing thing and it just got worse and worse for a while.

"It’s sort of like a sore ankle, because it’s going to take that pressure and it’s going to take those hits. But you’ll never find me crying or whining about it or making any excuses; I have to continue to play ball."

If it has been hurting for a while, it’s hard to say it has affected Smith’s play. He threw four touchdown passes Oct. 21 against Indiana, for example.

But in the past two games, he has posted two of his lowest passing yardage totals: 183 against Minnesota and 108 last week at Illinois. In those games, he has thrown only one touchdown pass against one interception.

In the previous eight games, he averaged 214.4 passing yards with 21 TDs and two interceptions.

[b]Infirmary , part II [/b]

Receiver Ted Ginn Jr. said his broken small toe on his right foot is improving, and he doesn’t believe his play has been hindered.

"It’s coming along much better, there’s not that much pain," Ginn said. "It’s something I block out."

[b]Staying or going ? [/b]

Every few weeks, top juniors such as Ginn, tailback Antonio Pittman or receiver Anthony Gonzalez get asked about the possibility of leaving early for the NFL next spring.

Pittman has flatly said he’s returning. Ginn has been more vague, and was again yesterday.

"Right now, I won’t say it’s a little too early to think about, but we’ll see how the rest of the year goes," Ginn said.

Gonzalez sounds likely to stay.

"There are things I want to do here, and one thing is to be a senior," Gonzalez said. "I want to go through the whole process of senior speeches or potentially being a captain. Things like that have always been really appealing to me."

[b]Senator Tressel [/b]

Coach Jim Tressel has earned the nickname "Senator" because of his clean-cut image and political style of speaking.

But on election day, he denied having any interest in running for office after his coaching days were done.

"No," he said several times to repeated questions.

Defensive tackle David Patterson, though, took up the issue. "My mom and my grandma always think coach Tressel should have his own church or something, because he always knows the right thing to say and he’s always the sharp dresser," Patterson said. "So I definitely think if he ran for governor on the next goround that he might have a shot. Maybe we could start a new party, the Buckeyes Football Party."

[url="http://www.buckeyextra.com/?story=dispatch/2006/11/09/20061109-E10-02.html"]http://www.buckeyextra.com/?story=dispatch...109-E10-02.html[/url]

Archived