Get rid of the freakin animated sigs!!!

should animated signatures be banned  

42 members have voted

1. 1. should animated signatures be banned

• yes, they make my computer run slow
    • no, dont see any problems
    • whatever, dont care if it runs slow

Im running my computer off of a T1 line at work and the animated sigs are making the screen bounce all over the place. For some reason the page never stops loading when i get to a certain post. It only happens with pages with posts from Rick, bunghole, and a couple others so i am assuming its the signatures.

[quote name='whodey319' date='Dec 27 2004, 02:43 PM']Im running my computer off of a T1 line at work and the animated sigs are making the screen bounce all over the place.  For some reason the page never stops loading when i get to a certain post.  It only happens with pages with posts from Rick, bunghole, and a couple others so i am assuming its the signatures.
[right][post="30477"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I don't have a problem at home or at school. Why don't you run a poll to see if others are having problems, too?

Guest Matt_Six
i am having problems, too

i didnt know what it was, but that does make sense... nice post whodey

i now realize that is probably the cause... AWAY WITH THE ANIMATED SIGS!!!!! woo hoo

sorry rick, it probably wont even happen, but i thought i'd tell what was happening over here

[quote name='Rick' date='Dec 27 2004, 04:00 PM']I can live with or without them, but they are just gif files?  :)
[right][post="30486"][/post][/right][/quote]
Im not sure what the deal is but it only happens when i get to a post by you and bunghole. As soon as I scroll through your post, the computer starts acting crazy.

Guest Matt_Six
Nah dude... I know you are correct on this one...

The sigs do slow down the place...

I have a cable connection... it's usually very fast.

The animated sigs to make it lag, horribly... the page gets all "bungled" up and stuff.

I hate it, maybe something will be done.. I don't know?

But anyway, I am having the same problem as you. You're not alone.

Guest Matt_Six

[quote name='CTA513' date='Dec 27 2004, 03:35 PM']Dont want to see other people sigs?

Go to "My Controls" then click on "Board Settings".
Look under "Board Display Settings", and you will see "Do you wish to view members signatures when reading topics?" select No

:ph34r:
[right][post="30503"][/post][/right][/quote]

i didnt know that, thank you

You everlovin' UC fans can now throw a party!
The UK sig is GONE! I didn't realize that I was contributing to internet logjam.
I usually only have trouble with slowdown when in addition to the animated sigs, there's a lot of pictures in a post (Black Jesus in particular)
Only too happy to change it if it helps...plus I'm much prouder of my new one anyway! ;)
I wondered why nobody ever replied to my posts! :lol:
Yay! It's not because I'm an idiot! I hope... :unsure:

I voted that [b]I don't care if your computer runs slow[/b] :P

For the people who are having problems at work, you need to be working and not playing on the computer :P

For those who have problems at home, upgrade to high speed ;)

[quote name='CTA513' date='Dec 27 2004, 03:35 PM']Dont want to see other people sigs?

Go to "My Controls" then click on "Board Settings".
Look under "Board Display Settings", and you will see [color="red"]"Do you wish to view members signatures when reading topics?" select No[/color]
:ph34r:
[right][post="30503"][/post][/right][/quote]

CTA513 has only TWO posts (Rookie) and on his second post, he tells the people with computer problems to just [color="red"]turn off the signatures when reading topics[/color]. He should be upgraded to All Pro after that, ha. Problem fixed. :lol:

Guest IndianaBengal
Hey fellow Indianyan! Hows the snow! My computer is a tard...

1998 model. Like a 500 or somethin. Its a tard. I noticed the Cj burning Bailey doing my computer in too.

I just changed my settings. Thanx!!!!!!

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Rick' date='Dec 27 2004, 04:43 PM']CTA513 has only TWO posts (Rookie) and on his second post, he tells the people with computer problems to just [color="red"]turn off the signatures when reading topics[/color]. He should be upgraded to All Pro after that, ha. Problem fixed.  :lol:
[right][post="30524"][/post][/right][/quote]

:lol:

I've had the same problems with animation at work as some of you are having. Home is fine for me.

While I'm at work (occasionally checking in on things ;) ) I use the settings described [url="http://gobengals.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=766"]in this thread[/url]. Works for me.

Archived