Rumsfeld slip of the tongue?

jza10304

Interesting link on NPR's website about a visit Rumsfeld made to troops in Iraq. if you listen to the audio, about 3:30 seconds into it, he talks about different attacks that terrorists have done. Here is an excerpt of the transcript of the visit:[quote]And I think all of us have a sense if we imagine the kind of world we would face if the people who bombed the mess hall in Mosul, or the people who did the bombing in Spain, or the people who attacked the United States in New York, [b]shot down the plane over Pennsylvania [/b]and attacked the Pentagon, the people who cut off peoples' heads on television to intimidate, to frighten -- indeed the word "terrorized" is just that. Its purpose is to terrorize, to alter behavior, to make people be something other than that which they want to be[/quote]

[url="http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0412/24/nfcnn.01.html"]Entire Transcript[/url]

[url="http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4244364"]NPR article with audio[/url]

I am not a conspiraccy theorist, but I remember that I heard with my own ears from an eye witness at the scene in PA, that they saw what looked like smoke coming from the plane as it was going down. I know that might not hold any weight to anyone else, unless you actually heard it yourself, but I do think that plane was shot down for national security reasons (which I understand). I would not be angry at the government for shooting down a plane in order to save hundreds maybe thousands of lives after what had occurred moments before.

Guest bengalrick
its the conspiracies about the trade center and pentagon that make me mad... we have video of both and good explainations for both also...

as far as the plane in penn., i really don't know... i actually heard rummie say that, and it made me wonder what he was saying... and i'm one of rummies biggest fans... i'd say, to be honest, it probably wasn't a slip of the tongue... but if that is the case, why wouldn't they tell us the truth... i personally wouldn't have any problem knowing we shot that plane down... much better than leaving an imprint in the white house...

Guest Bengal_Smoov

Now CNN reports the story.

[url="http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/27/rumsfeld.flt93/index.html"]Rummie lets the truth slip out.[/url]

[quote][b][i]Some people remain skeptical of U.S. government statements that, despite a presidential authorization, no planes were shot down September 11, and rumors still circulate that a U.S. military plane shot the airliner down over Shanksville, Pennsylvania[/i][/b].

[b][i]A Pentagon spokesman insists Rumsfeld has not changed his opinion that the plane crashed as the result of an onboard struggle between passengers and terrorists[/i][/b][/quote]
Rummie couldn't possible be lying could he? :rolleyes: If anybody believes anything that comes out this adminstration then I feel sorry for you.

Yes, the plane was shot down. Yes, they covered up the truth. Why would they lie about it? You only lie when there is something to hide, what are they hiding?

I know most of you Bush supporters can't face the truth or live in reality so I don't expect to many people to respond to this thread, but it's obivious that they lying/hiding something. It's amazing how you people pick and choose what you want to accept as truth, if it challenges how you think or what you believe then it's false or you just ignore it. That is called delusion and unfortnatuely more than half of the country(the half that voted for Bush) is delusional. The signs were everywhere, most didn't want to hear it. I remember when Farenhient 9/11 came out and some people didn't even see it and they were bashing it(Oldschooler).

Is our government uncapable of a conspiracy or trying to cover something up? Are these men(Cheaney&Rummie) of such high moral standing that they wouldn't lie to achieve their life's goals and dreams? I just hope you people are happy with your decision to re-elect Bush when it's all said and done in '08.

Guest bengalrick
anyone that doesn't believe a word the best government in the world says, i also feel sorry for....

<EDIT> smoov, i've shut down your rummie thread twice w/ facts, so its kinda funny that you mention people that don't reply to threads that don't meet their agenda...

i don't know (nor do you) if the plane was shot down or the terrorists realized they had no chance and put the plane down theirselves...

now the questions for you... why did they lie? why, on a cloud free day, did noone see this plane explode in mid air? do you agree, that shooting the plane down was the way to go? shouldn't we have done the same for the planes that hit in NY and washington?

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='bengalrick' date='Dec 28 2004, 11:01 AM']anyone that doesn't believe a word the best government in the world says, i also feel sorry for....
[right][post="30724"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

How can you believe them when they constantly lie, true our government is great, but the people who control it are scumbags. Politcians are liars by trade, that's what they do. They promise people the world, tell people whatever they want to hear to get what they want.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Dec 28 2004, 11:28 AM']How can you believe them when they constantly lie, true our government is great, but the people who control it are scumbags.  Politcians are liars by trade, that's what they do.  They promise people the world, tell people whatever they want to hear to get what they want.
[right][post="30729"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

agreed... they are liers... i'm not that nieve to think that there isn't corruption in the government, but its the least corrupt system in the world... i don't see the point in trying to read between the lines and find all the conspiracies that MIGHT be true... btw, democrats are just as corrupt as republicans... would you be bashing your own party the same way?

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Dec 28 2004, 11:55 AM']Now CNN reports the story.

[url="http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/27/rumsfeld.flt93/index.html"]Rummie lets the truth slip out.[/url]
Rummie couldn't possible be lying could he? :rolleyes:   If anybody believes anything that comes out this adminstration then I feel sorry for you. 

Yes, the plane was shot down.  Yes, they covered up the truth.  Why would they lie about it?  You only lie when there is something to hide, what are they hiding?

I know most of you Bush supporters can't face the truth or live in reality so I don't expect to many people to respond to this thread, but it's obivious that they lying/hiding something.  It's amazing how you people pick and choose what you want to accept as truth, if it challenges how you think or what you believe then it's false or you just ignore it.  That is called delusion and unfortnatuely more than half of the country(the half that voted for Bush) is delusional.  The signs were everywhere, most didn't want to hear it.  I remember when Farenhient 9/11 came out and some people didn't even see it and they were bashing it(Oldschooler).

Is our government uncapable of a conspiracy or trying to cover something up?  Are these men(Cheaney&Rummie) of such high moral standing that they wouldn't lie to achieve their life's goals and dreams?  I just hope you people are happy with your decision to re-elect Bush when it's all said and done in '08.
[right][post="30722"][/post][/right][/quote]

:rolleyes:

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='bengalrick' date='Dec 28 2004, 11:32 AM']agreed... they are liers... i'm not that nieve to think that there isn't corruption in the government, but its the least corrupt system in the world... i don't see the point in trying to read between the lines and find all the conspiracies that MIGHT be true... btw, democrats are just as corrupt as republicans... would you be bashing your own party the same way?
[right][post="30731"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I don't consider myself a democrat and yes, all politicians are liars. Republicans and Democrats are basically the same, they all say whatever they can to get what they want. I'm an equally opportunity basher, especially when it comes to politicians.

I just don't understand why they would lie...
Was the story about the "struggle in the plane" just a ruse to drum up patriotic spirit from the masses to direct a strategy of Middle East domination? :rolleyes:
But once you lie, if the original story was a lie, you have to KEEP LYING to protect the original lie, so maybe that's it, if indeed it WAS a lie... :unsure:
BTW Smoov, Fahrenheit 9-11 was an unpalatable plate of hogwash from a shameless self-promoter who cares more about awards from France, money and short buffet lines than his country. Moore is a liberal of the worst sort...a fact-distorting complainer who offers no solutions to his self-perceived problems...

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Dec 28 2004, 12:14 PM']I don't consider myself a democrat and yes, all politicians are liars.  Republicans and Democrats are basically the same, they all say whatever they can to get what they want.  I'm an equally opportunity basher, especially when it comes to politicians.
[right][post="30780"][/post][/right][/quote]

:lol: ... alright then... i can accept that...

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Dec 28 2004, 09:55 AM']Now CNN reports the story.

Rummie couldn't possible be lying could he? :rolleyes:   [b]If anybody believes anything that comes out this adminstration then I feel sorry for you.  [/b]

Yes, the plane was shot down.  Yes, they covered up the truth.  Why would they lie about it?  You only lie when there is something to hide, what are they hiding?

I know most of you Bush supporters can't face the truth or live in reality so I don't expect to many people to respond to this thread, but it's obivious that they lying/hiding something.  It's amazing how you people pick and choose what you want to accept as truth, if it challenges how you think or what you believe then it's false or you just ignore it.  That is called delusion and unfortnatuely more than half of the country(the half that voted for Bush) is delusional.  The signs were everywhere, most didn't want to hear it. [b] I remember when Farenhient 9/11 came out and some people didn't even see it and they were bashing it(Oldschooler).[/b]

Is our government uncapable of a conspiracy or trying to cover something up?  Are these men(Cheaney&Rummie) of such high moral standing that they wouldn't lie to achieve their life's goals and dreams?  I just hope you people are happy with your decision to re-elect Bush when it's all said and done in '08.
[right][post="30722"][/post][/right][/quote]

The first sentence I highlighted defines you Smoove. You don`t believe [b]ANYTHING[/b] that this administartion says ! And you don`t "feel sorry" for
people that do...you think they are idiots. :rolleyes:

And I didn`t NEED to see Fahrenheit 9/11 to form an opinion.
I know what Michael Moore is about and had read enough of
his own words to form an opinion.
I didn`t NEED to go to Hawaii to know how it was.

Anyway I have seen it now...it was boring and pathetic.
Michael Moore said it was an OP-ED piece. He plainly stated that it was his
OPINON and an EDITORIAL...
but some morons wanted to keep calling it a DOCUMENTARY. Like it was
based on NOTHING but FACTS. :huh:

The 9/11 commision did a complete investigation on the entire episode
of 9/11 ...they had a tape of the cockpit conversations...they let the
families of the victims listen to it...they obviously were satisfied that
what was reported to have happened actually DID happen.
So why do some morons act like the families opinions don`t matter
and keep looking for EVERY little fucking thing to keep drubbing this shit up ?

Patheitc. :mellow:

Guest Bengal_Smoov

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Dec 28 2004, 03:05 PM']The first sentence I highlighted defines you Smoove. You don`t believe [b]ANYTHING[/b] that this administartion says ! And you don`t "feel sorry" for
people that do...you think they are idiots.  :rolleyes:
And I didn`t NEED to see Fahrenheit 9/11 to form an opinion.
I know what Michael Moore is about and had read enough of
his own words to form an opinion.
I didn`t NEED to go to Hawaii to know how it was.

Anyway I have seen it now...it was boring and pathetic.
Michael Moore said it was an OP-ED piece. He plainly stated that it was his
OPINON and an EDITORIAL...
but some morons wanted to keep calling it a DOCUMENTARY. Like it was
based on NOTHING but FACTS.  :huh:

The 9/11 commision did a complete investigation on the entire episode
of 9/11 ...they had a tape of the cockpit conversations...they let the
families of the victims listen to it...they obviously were satisfied that
what was reported to have happened actually DID happen.
So why do some morons act like the families opinions don`t matter
and[u][b] keep looking for EVERY little fucking thing to keep drubbing this shit up ?
Patheitc[/b][/u].  :mellow:
[right][post="30855"][/post][/right][/quote]

When I snap my finger you will awake.

Every little thing????? Why would Rummie say the plane was shot down if the terrorist blew it up? Does that one little thing not mean anything to you. You have your mind made up and won't change it regardless of what happens. [u][b]If the plane was blown up why would that thought even be in Rumfeld mind. His he a closet conspiracy theorist?[/b][/u]

If the plane was shot down, which it was, the American public could have handled the truth. A plane was carrying terrorist that just struck the WTC and the Pentagon, we shot it down a precaution. That would have made sense to me, why lie?? Maybe because it's what they do best.

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Dec 28 2004, 02:21 PM']When I snap my finger you will awake.

Every little thing?????  Why would Rummie say the plane was shot down if the terrorist blew it up?  Does that one little thing not mean anything to you.  You  have your mind made up and won't change it regardless of what happens.  [u][b]If the plane was blown up why would that thought even be in Rumfeld mind.  His he a closet conspiracy theorist?[/b][/u] 

If the plane was shot down, which it was, the American public could have handled the truth.  A plane was carrying terrorist that just struck the WTC and the Pentagon, we shot it down a precaution.  That would have made sense to me, why lie??  Maybe because it's what they do best.
[right][post="30859"][/post][/right][/quote]

You know ever since September the 12th 2001 morons and fuckheads
have been trying to think of ways to get Bush out of office. Actually
it REALLY started after he sent troops to Iraq.

Why did Rumsfeld say that ? Maybe because he is something like 70
years old and HUMAN...heaven forbid that a HUMAN who helps run our country
says something like that !
My fucking God what the fuck ?! Do you actually believe some of the
dumb shit you say ? :blink:

[b]OK let`s over look the FACT that the FAMILIES of the people that died on
that plane got cellphone calls and heard them say that they were going
to try to take the plane over....let`s ignore the FACT that the families
of those people all heard the cockpit voice recorders even ![/b]

Let`s just look for every little thing in the World to prove that this
administartion does nothing but conspiracies to dominate the World
and lie to the American people! :rolleyes:

Do you actually think that the MORONS like YOU that run CNN and the like
wouldn`t be all over ANY FAMILY MEMEBER of ANY1 that died on that plane
if they didn`t BELIEVE what was reported ?
HEARING IT FOR THEIRSELVES does that though I guess !??? <_<

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote]OK let`s over look the FACT that the FAMILIES of the people that died on
that plane got cellphone calls and heard them say that they were going
to try to take the plane over....let`s ignore the FACT that the families
of those people all heard the cockpit voice recorders even ![/quote]

I never heard those "facts" until today, maybe because they aren't facts. If that was the case then Rumsfeld could have easily countered his slip with those "facts".

The fact that Rumsfeld said the plane was shot down is enough proof that maybe they weren't totally honest about the details of 9/11. Why would that even be on his mind, why would he even think such a thing?

[b][i]heaven forbid that a HUMAN who helps run our country
says something like that [/i][/b]

That's exactly right, especially when that same human told everyone who would listen the exact opposite. Wake up and realize that the guy is hiding something and quit trying cover up his mistakes. Rumsfeld is not your friend , HE'S LYING TO YOU!!!!!!!

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Dec 28 2004, 03:02 PM']I never heard those "facts" until today, maybe because they aren't facts.  If that was the case then Rumsfeld could have easily countered his slip with those "facts". 

The fact that Rumsfeld said the plane was shot down is enough proof that maybe they weren't totally honest about the details of 9/11.  Why would that even be on his mind, why would he even think such a thing?[right][post="30872"][/post][/right][/quote]

It won`t let me paste it....but read the[b] 13th page.[/b]
It tells all the FACTS reported by the 9/11 commision. <_<

[url="http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/22jul20041130/www.gpoaccess.gov/911/pdf/sec1.pdf"]http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/22...11/pdf/sec1.pdf[/url]

[quote][b][i]heaven forbid that a HUMAN who helps run our country

That's exactly right, especially when that same human told everyone who would listen the exact opposite.  Wake up and realize that the guy is hiding something and quit trying cover up his mistakes.  Rumsfeld is not your friend , HE'S LYING TO YOU!!!!!!![/quote]

Geeez read the link I gave you...[b]page 13 [/b]explains it all.
If you go on believing all this conspiracy bullshit then you
are a bigger moron than I thought. And I think you are a
BIG MORON already. :mellow:

Guest BengalLady
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Dec 28 2004, 04:02 PM']I never heard those "facts" until today, maybe because they aren't facts.  If that was the case then Rumsfeld could have easily countered his slip with those "facts". 

The fact that Rumsfeld said the plane was shot down is enough proof that maybe they weren't totally honest about the details of 9/11.  Why would that even be on his mind, why would he even think such a thing?

[b][i]heaven forbid that a HUMAN who helps run our country

That's exactly right, especially when that same human told everyone who would listen the exact opposite.  Wake up and realize that the guy is hiding something and quit trying cover up his mistakes.  Rumsfeld is not your friend , HE'S LYING TO YOU!!!!!!!
[right][post="30872"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[b]WTF[/b]
You are on a role today Smoov.
Why do you say he is lying to you? He had some words come out of his mouth. How is that lying to me?
I am not trying to cover up any mistakes that he or any other politician has made. I just trust my government because I have no other choice.
Do you get off on this shit? Obviously you are not the only one because this is a big topic all of a sudden.
Who gives a shit if it was shot down or terrorized? I don't and there is nothing we can do about the people that got their lives taken away. So why is this being talked about now? Does it make a difference in the way you will live your life? No it doesn't.
So get off your high horse and stop bitching. Go put your energy into something we can change.

wow....I know they were talking
about the cell phone calls BIG TIME
right after it all happened because
they were interviewing the family
members that received the phone
calls...so I truly believe the plane
was brought down by the heros
aboard it and not shot down....I would
find it hard to believe that if they were
shot down, someone, somewhere, somehow
would have seen something and
brought it to the media's attention...
not much escapes the media....
Just my opinion.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Dec 28 2004, 03:21 PM']When I snap my finger you will awake.

Every little thing?????  Why would Rummie say the plane was shot down if the terrorist blew it up?  Does that one little thing not mean anything to you.  You  have your mind made up and won't change it regardless of what happens. If the plane was blown up why would that thought even be in Rumfeld mind.  His he a closet conspiracy theorist?

If the plane was shot down, [b]which it was[/b], the American public could have handled the truth.  A plane was carrying terrorist that just struck the WTC and the Pentagon, we shot it down a precaution.  That would have made sense to me, why lie??  Maybe because it's what they do best.
[right][post="30859"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

it was??? i guess we are talking about facts... where are yours for that statement?

your point makes no sense... "it was shot down" "we should have done it" "we lied for no reason" "just b/c we're good at it" ???? HUH!!??!!

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='hiyall69' date='Dec 28 2004, 06:50 PM']I've heard both sides, it could be a combination of both.  Getting shot down while the people were trying to take over.
[right][post="30931"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

good point... i've heard rummie talk many times, and i have a hard time saying he "misspoke"... he doesn't normally do that... what he does do alot, is talk w/out thinking the question fully out... he's very blunt...

we even heard cheney say that bush gave the order to shoot it down... they said they didn't need to shoot it down, b/c it went down by itself... i don't know why they would lie at the time though?? it makes no sense to do that...

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='hiyall69' date='Dec 28 2004, 05:50 PM']I've heard both sides, it could be a combination of both.  Getting shot down while the people were trying to take over.
[right][post="30931"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Does this look like a crater that was caused by a plane that was shot down ?

[img]http://www.3amm.org/view/uploads/911F93.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.timesunion.com/news/september11/timeline/graphics/0911pa.jpg[/img]

I think if a plane was shot down that it would have been blown up
in the sky and debris would have littered the ground...it wouldn`t
have made a CRATER in the ground.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Dec 28 2004, 09:01 PM']Does this look like a crater  that was caused by a plane that was shot down ?

[img]http://www.3amm.org/view/uploads/911F93.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.timesunion.com/news/september11/timeline/graphics/0911pa.jpg[/img]
I think if a plane was shot down that it would have been blown up
in the sky and debris would have littered the ground...it wouldn`t
have made a CRATER in the ground.
[right][post="30945"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hey dope, you don't need to prove anything to me, cuz I don't give a damn. I was only giving my opinion. You have yours, I have mine and smoov has his. Let it be...

And YES, a plane can be shot down without it being blown up in the air!

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='hiyall69' date='Dec 28 2004, 07:14 PM']Hey dope, you don't need to prove anything to me, cuz I don't give a damn.  I was only giving my opinion.  You have yours, I have mine and smoov has his.  Let it be...

And YES, a plane can be shot down without it being blown up in the air!
[right][post="30950"][/post][/right][/quote]

Hey fuckhead ...why do you have to be such a fucking dick ?
I never called you any names. But I will now. <_<

Read the link I posted from the 9/11 commision.

Look at pictures !

[img]http://www.arbeiterfotografie.com/galerie/kein-krieg/hintergrund/gw-buch-shanksville-pilz.jpg[/img]

Does that look like a plane that was shot down ?

[img]http://www.arbeiterfotografie.com/galerie/kein-krieg/hintergrund/gw-buch-shanksville-krater.jpg[/img]

That ?

These people were fucking heros !!!!!
And yes it does matter....when people hate our Government
so much that they try to take away what these people GAVE THEIR
LIVES FOR !!!!!
If you don`t care then leave your DUMBASS OPINION to your DUMBASS
SELF you dickhead !

Archived