ODELL ARRESTED AGAIN

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='The Entertainer' post='349988' date='Sep 25 2006, 07:17 AM']Hopefully Henry wasn't drinking- that would be a violation of his probation (Clermont County DUI and Kentucky Arrest)[/quote]

Exactly.

Wow.

That is terrible news...

Guest Agent Orange
[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='349989' date='Sep 25 2006, 07:19 AM']Exactly.

Wow.

That is terrible news...[/quote]
even if he was in the car and was drinking, it can't be proven now that he was drinking since he was never subjected to a sobriety test.

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='sneaky' post='349990' date='Sep 25 2006, 07:22 AM']relax people, i think these charges will mysteriously be dropped eventually-----they always do.
<_<
no need to panic just wait and see.[/quote]

No, there is a reason to panic, especially when it comes to Henry. He violated his probation. He's already got the new commisioner trying to decide whether or not to suspend him. And he goes out and gets caught, again?

I don't give a shit about Odell, I've never seen a more over rated Bengal in my life (well, besides maybe Warrick)

Guest Agent Orange

[quote name='sneaky' post='349990' date='Sep 25 2006, 07:22 AM']relax people, i think these charges will mysteriously be dropped eventually-----they always do.
<_<
yeah, exactly. These players have good lawyers and they usually get off easy. Let's not worry about this too much.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='Agent Orange' post='349992' date='Sep 25 2006, 07:23 AM']even if he was in the car and was drinking, it can't be proven now that he was drinking since he was never subjected to a sobriety test.[/quote]

How do you know that? Maybe they brought him in for a breathalyzer. Hell, maybe they just smelled it on his breath.

[quote name='Agent Orange' post='349994' date='Sep 25 2006, 07:25 AM']yeah, exactly. These players have good lawyers and they usually get off easy. Let's not worry about this too much.[/quote]

Yeah I guess we should be used to it by now...

Guest Master Shake

<_<

Yes wtf is with everyone wanting to hang this guy over blowing a .17 at a checkpoint? I'm sure 1/3 of this board drove drunker than that this past weekend.

[quote]I just hope Chris Henry wasn't in the car with him.[/quote]

Don't worry, there's not a law against being a passenger in a car with a DUI driver, tho I'm sure some will want to string him up. People need to get off their high horses - it's not like he hurt anyone, and I'm sure sneaky is right; this will blow over.

Guest Agent Orange
[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='349995' date='Sep 25 2006, 07:26 AM']How do you know that? Maybe they brought him in for a breathalyzer. Hell, maybe they just smelled it on his breath.[/quote]
But none of that was ever put in a report. Henry wasn't subjected to a sobriety test because he wasn't driving. It's done with. How can cops in Hamilton county bring in Henry to do a sobriety test because he's on probation in ANOTHER state, and another county???? They can't. So they had NO reason or right to give Henry a breathalyzer.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='Master Shake' post='349999' date='Sep 25 2006, 07:27 AM']Yes wtf is with everyone wanting to hang this guy over blowing a .17 at a checkpoint? I'm sure 1/3 of this board drove drunker than that this past weekend.
Don't worry, there's not a law against being a passenger in a car with a DUI driver, tho I'm sure some will want to string him up. People need to get off their high horses - it's not like he hurt anyone, and I'm sure sneaky is right; this will blow over.[/quote]

There's a law against Chris Henry drinking any alcohol.

[quote name='Agent Orange' post='350001' date='Sep 25 2006, 07:28 AM']But none of that was ever put in a report. Henry wasn't subjected to a sobriety test because he wasn't driving. It's done with.[/quote]

Yeah, they probably saw that he was on probation, saw that he isn't allowed to drink, and said fuck it and sent him on his way.

Guest Agent Orange
[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='350002' date='Sep 25 2006, 07:29 AM']There's a law against Chris Henry drinking any alcohol.
Yeah, they probably saw that he was on probation, saw that he isn't allowed to drink, and said fuck it and sent him on his way.[/quote]
Yeah, something like that.

[quote name='Master Shake' post='349999' date='Sep 25 2006, 07:27 AM']Yes wtf is with everyone wanting to hang this guy over blowing a .17 at a checkpoint? I'm sure 1/3 of this board drove drunker than that this past weekend.[/quote]

Are you fucking serious?

Having almost lost my wife to a drunk fuck almost 2 years ago, this is the single most asinine thing I've read on here.
I hope his lawyer DOESN'T get him off, he DESERVES the suspension.
I've NEVER driven drunk, just too damn GROWN UP for that. If he tested at .17, he belongs IN JAIL. If "1/3 of you drove drunker than that this past weekend", I hope you ALL go to jail.

What a fucking idiot...

Horrible news.

Even if Henry won't be busted for this incident. It doesn't leave me with much confidence in terms of his ability to complete probation.

There's an incredible amount of ability and potential wrapped up in those two guys, but it seems they are beyond help at this point. If they live long enough to mature, no doubt both of them will deeply regret ruining their promising careers.

None of us know how that will go down. Probation doesn't have many rules as far as I can tell. I believe a Probation Officer can just *think* you are drinking, and that's enough to put you in violation. They could catch wind of this incident in the media or a Cincy cop could give them a call down in Florida. At this point they could demand Henry be tested for alchohol, and that would be the end of it. Or they could just assume he was out drinking and that would be the end of it too.

I could be wrong, but I think your Probation Officer is like a God to you. If they just *think* you are in violation (no hard evidence necessary), then at best you will be back in front of the judge who would then determine how to handle it.

[quote name='Agent Orange' post='350001' date='Sep 25 2006, 07:28 AM']But none of that was ever put in a report. Henry wasn't subjected to a sobriety test because he wasn't driving. It's done with. How can cops in Hamilton county bring in Henry to do a sobriety test because he's on probation in ANOTHER state, and another county???? They can't. So they had NO reason or right to give Henry a breathalyzer.[/quote]

OK, what's this "again" nonsense? Last I checked, Odell hasn't been arrested since he's been a Bengal. He failed and missed some drug tests, but you don't get arrested for violating NFL policy (yet).

I'm with sneaky on this... DUIs for NFL players have a way of mysteriously disappearing into the void of the legal system...

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='350039' date='Sep 25 2006, 08:17 AM']wow, just wow... how stupid can one person be?[/quote]
[b]I cannot excuse Odell for drinking and driving. If you're going to have a few drinks there is no problem with that but you should never be stupid enough to drink and drive. Plus he has a few bucks to send on a limo driver or a taxi. It's just a stupid sign of immaturity. Marvin is pissed enough with Odell. I don't think he plays this year. No way.[/b]

I know most here are going a bit nuts about Odell but look at it logically....I am not sure how much we were going to "see" Odell after he was off the suspended list. He clearly is not someone right now that can be trusted or counted on and that is very important to Coach Lewis.

Granted he is a very good player who could help the team if he was right but that boy aint right now and he may never be. its why we took brooks in the supplemental draft and one of the reasons we have Caleb miller on the team. He aint as good but he can be counted on to show up. It sucks. He's a good player with great potential and maybe this gets thrown out of court somehow but I dont think the bengals were going to put a lot of trust in him.

Guest Claptonrocks
[quote name='SlantNGo' post='350057' date='Sep 25 2006, 08:44 AM']Anyone think it's possible that Odell was supposed to be the DD, and Henry and McNeal were too fucked up to realize he was drinking?[/quote]

All of you are surmising that Henry was in the car....
heard of the radio that one of the passengers was on IR....
If its McNeal's car and the other passenger was on IR then it doesnt look
like Henry was involved....

[quote name='Claptonrocks' post='350081' date='Sep 25 2006, 09:00 AM']All of you are surmising that Henry was in the car....
like Henry was involved....[/quote]

Channel 5 said Henry was in the car. That's just as reliable as the radio report. Probably moreso, even because it was more specific.

[quote name='Claptonrocks' post='350081' date='Sep 25 2006, 09:00 AM']All of you are surmising that Henry was in the car....
like Henry was involved....[/quote]

Wasn't it MCCALLISTER'S blog who said Henry MAY have been in the car? Same guy who said LaVar was a done deal etc.....??? Unless that cop signs an affidavit that Chris Henry was in that car AND intoxicated, this holds no weight with me.

Odell messed up in a huge way, he was SO concerned with his image with the fans after his 4 game suspension that he went out and got plowed to the tune of twice the legal limit. What I don't get is this, the coaches don't want the players to drink but they aren't stupid enough to believe that they don't. So you know that each player must have contact numbers of cab, limo, and other car services that would be readily available to pick/drop off at any hour. Why, why, why must you drive? To hell w/ football these guys are rolling the dice w/ their lives and innocent people around them.

Archived