Dunno if anyone caught this in the ESPN article, but it impressed me:

[quote]Smith finished with eight catches for 126 yards, but Johnson got the win along with his seven-catch, 61-yard performance. His only disappointment: a gag order from coach Marvin Lewis now prevents him from celebrating or gloating.

"I was asked to change by the head man," he said, clearly disappointed. "So therefore, what you see from me is what he wants -- just make your plays and go back to the huddle. So that's what I'm going to do. Going to be no more talking, no nothing. Just go out there and play, go home. If that's what it takes to make us a better team, so be it."

Asked if that means no more touchdown celebrations, Johnson nodded.

"Very lame, isn't it?" he said.[/quote]

Guy's grown up a bit, hasn't he?

EDIT: Whoops, this is already posted. Can someone merge or delete this?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='370151' date='Oct 23 2006, 01:05 AM']its unfortunate that a 26-27 yr old grown man needs to be TOLD not to act like a 5th grader...[/quote]

I agree, Chads antics hurt the team by firing up the opposition

What took Marvin so long?

Guest steggyD
So let's all be the same person, no sense in having your own personality. Maybe taking his personality off the field is effecting his personality on the field.

[quote name='bengaldee' post='370192' date='Oct 22 2006, 09:48 PM']Look at Harrison and Holt, neither one of them act like that.[/quote]

Ever hear of a difference in personality? Why does celebrating make him a "5th grader"? What's wrong with having fun and celebrating when you score a touchdown? It's just entertainment. It doesn't hurt anyone and it's not disrespectful. I just hope this doesn't stop Chad from being himself. He seems like a fun guy and trying to turn him into something he's not might not be good.

[quote name='Utts' post='370176' date='Oct 22 2006, 09:36 PM']The quoted post brought to you by Go's Chad Johnson Rip of the Week.[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='steggyD' post='370188' date='Oct 22 2006, 09:44 PM']And his numbers are dropping?

Drop the gag.[/quote]

they have increased SINCE the gag order.. it was in effect last two games...

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='370305' date='Oct 22 2006, 11:44 PM']thats a terrible argument, look at steve smith and terell owens

its called personality, everyone has their own[/quote]
steve smith grew up this year already too... and yes.. look at terrell owens.... stellar career he is having... hell of a teammate i hear...booted from san fran, kicked out of philly and making a stunning impression in dallas already...

Guest BengalBacker
There should be a happy medium. He should be able to be himself and have fun, but he goes overboard with some of his stuff, and he does come off as selfish sometimes.

Did you watch his locker room interview after the game that Hobson has up? Seemed to be kind of moping considering we just got a big win and his catch played a huge role.

Chad's corner will be on soon. Maybe he'll show a different mood.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='370314' date='Oct 23 2006, 12:14 AM']There should be a happy medium. He should be able to be himself and have fun, but he goes overboard with some of his stuff, and he does come off as selfish sometimes.

Did you watch his locker room interview after the game that Hobson has up? Seemed to be kind of moping considering we just got a big win and his catch played a huge role.

Chad's corner will be on soon. Maybe he'll show a different mood.[/quote]

what times chads corner on?

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='GoBengals' post='370318' date='Oct 23 2006, 12:16 AM']what times chads corner on?[/quote]

In a few minutes. It's late tonight because of some baseball game. <_<

Guest BengalBacker
513-621-3350

Chad said for anyone who wants to talk to him, that's his number. I think I got the number right. I'm sure it's not his number, but whoever it is is going to be pissed. And if I got the number wrong, even more people will be pissed when you guys try to call him. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angel.gif[/img]

Moping is a bad description. He seemed to be very conscious of trying to be serious.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Steven Smith. They've been talking to each other a lot, and he said he was done with the antics.

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='GoBengals' post='370330' date='Oct 23 2006, 12:35 AM']he said 513-621-3550 you drunk bastard

and its the bengals front office number
the nice secretary is gonna be pissed.[/quote]

I'M NOT DRUNK, I'M DEAF AND HAVE SHORT TERM MEMORY LOSS :contract:

well, I've had a couple of beers, but still.....

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='370314' date='Oct 22 2006, 11:14 PM']There should be a happy medium. He should be able to be himself and have fun, but he goes overboard with some of his stuff, and he does come off as selfish sometimes.

Chad's corner will be on soon. Maybe he'll show a different mood.[/quote]

I think Chad was OK until he started mouthing off about how the rest of our team would crush an opponent. That was the last straw for Marvin. You don't make promises others have to keep and get people fired up at other players. That's when he stepped over the line. Its one thing to make promises about your performance against an opponent but its a whole other thing to act as someone elses PR man. Especially, if that person(s) doesn't want that kind of attention.

I think it's bullshit. For this I call Marvin a fucking tool and I stand by it. Chad has a personality and he should display it. I'd hate to lose the guy but if I was him I'd go searching for a team that wouldn't stop me from being me. Fuck that shit.
MULLY

[quote name='Storm' post='370153' date='Oct 22 2006, 08:08 PM']I agree, Chads antics hurt the team by firing up the opposition

What took Marvin so long?[/quote]

ya because wanting to show up a probowl WR isen't enough....you guys hating on chad are fing idiots.

[quote name='bengaldee' post='370192' date='Oct 22 2006, 08:48 PM']Look at Harrison and Holt, neither one of them act like that.[/quote]

TJ talks trash,TJ celebrated

[b]steve smith grew up this year already too... and yes.. look at terrell owens.... stellar career he is having... hell of a teammate i hear...booted from san fran, kicked out of philly and making a stunning impression in dallas already...[/b]

What about joe horn?what about wines hard?(who taunts freaking bad) what about reggie rayne? I wish all you chad haters would stfu let the guy have fun....the problem with football is when you try let the players stop having fun and enjoying themselves.

Archived