DaChis212 & Raven Fan101: Where are you hoez?

Guest ONYX

[quote name='RAVENS FAN 101' post='395932' date='Nov 28 2006, 09:37 PM']I'm here Bungal fans.

Time to put the division away come Thursday Bitchez.[/quote]

:onoudidnt:

It ain't over yet man. You lose to us and lose at KC and all of a sudden that mighty 3 game lead will be down to a single game.

Besides we're the better team...even T.J. says so :whistle: couple that with the fact that we won't spot you 14 pts this time and I know we win on Thursday.

Are you scared yet? He's here. You knew I was coming. Well, well, well, so it all comes down to Thursday. Crunch Time. Could the stage have been set any better? Both coming off shutouts of divisonal opponents. Playing a Thursday night game for the divison. Have your A game on, no excuses, no prisoners, all out war. You are the bengals, but I think we'll be the ravenous beasts ready to tear flesh from bone. I expect a good game, hopefully no injuries, but this will be all out war, there may be casualties.

[quote name='DaChis212' post='396316' date='Nov 29 2006, 04:36 PM']Are you scared yet? He's here. You knew I was coming. Well, well, well, so it all comes down to Thursday. Crunch Time. Could the stage have been set any better? Both coming off shutouts of divisonal opponents. Playing a Thursday night game for the divison. Have your A game on, no excuses, no prisoners, all out war. You are the bengals, but I think we'll be the ravenous beasts ready to tear flesh from bone. I expect a good game, hopefully no injuries, but this will be all out war, there may be casualties.[/quote]

this game is huge, no doubt...ever since earlier this month the offense is finally starting to roll and even the defense is showing signs of turning it around. I believe that the last game we gave away within the first 5 min. but hey, that's football and turnovers happen. This time around I think the O-Line will do a better job of protecting Carson, we'll convert 3rd downs better than a 10% rate :thumbsdown: , and force the Ravens to come from behind. I truly do believe the Bengals are a better team, but right now all that matters is getting to the playoffs and I don't care if it's through winning the AFCN or the WC.

here's to a good, hard fought, clean, no injury game tomorrow and may the best TEAM win! :icon15:

[quote name='DaChis212' post='396316' date='Nov 29 2006, 04:36 PM']Are you scared yet? He's here. You knew I was coming. Well, well, well, so it all comes down to Thursday. Crunch Time. Could the stage have been set any better? Both coming off shutouts of divisonal opponents. Playing a Thursday night game for the divison. Have your A game on, no excuses, no prisoners, all out war. You are the bengals, but I think we'll be the ravenous beasts ready to tear flesh from bone. I expect a good game, hopefully no injuries, but this will be all out war, there may be casualties.[/quote]
It's so on now. I think you guys are going to see an offense that has finally found itself since we played you last. Our offensive line has gelled at the perfect time to take down the Ravens vaunted blitzing defense.
I look for a close one.
Here's to a tough, well-played game!

<<And a Bengals win!>>

Dont expect a 14 point giftwrapped lead again.

I just got finished watching the Ravens play the Stoolers on NFL Shortcuts, (In a SUPERFAN bitchez)
and to be quite honest, I'm not impressed.

The Ravens win against the Stoolers was much like the Raven's win against the Bengals
the first go around. It seemed that both the Bengals and Stoolers played more poorly than
the Ravens playing great.

The Stoolers constantly missed assignments as far as pass protection and when Toothlessburger
had time, he was off target or his recivers dropped the ball. And due to the Stoolers inability to
generate anything on offense, the Ravens jumped out to an early lead and their offense
had great field position all day.

This game will not be close either way. The Ravens will either overwhelm us with its blitzes or
we will burn them if when they try.

34-13 The defending division champs wins.

It seems like you guys are thinking with your head, quite honestly.

I do think the Ravens will lose this game, but the Bengals are definitely NOT the better team. Your pass defense is awful, and your run defense ain't that much better.

Your offense is better than ours, but it's not by that much anymore. Our receivers are almost as good as yours, and I think McNair is as good as Palmer is, quite frankly.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='396462' date='Nov 29 2006, 08:45 PM']It seems like you guys are thinking with your head, quite honestly.

I do think the Ravens will lose this game, but the Bengals are definitely NOT the better team. Your pass defense is awful, and your run defense ain't that much better.

Your offense is better than ours, but it's not by that much anymore. Our receivers are almost as good as yours, and I think McNair is as good as Palmer is, quite frankly.[/quote]
You had me until the receivers and QB comparison. You're way off base.
Oh yeah, and that "not the better team" comment.
Truth: The Ravens have a much better defense than the Bengals. So what? This isn't even the Bengals team you faced four weeks ago. Our offense can score points on ANY defense, and yours isn't the second coming of the mighty Rats D of 2000 under Marvin, so don't even go there.
Receivers? Are you kidding? You'd rather have your set than Chad, TJ and Chris Henry (on a purely talent/production level)?
McNair? :rolleyes:
C'mon man, if you could have Palmer, you'd take him over McNair in a minute!
And speaking of defense, the Bengals have vastly improved their unit since the last time you faced us. It wasn't like Jamal ran all over us, nor did any other RB this season other than Maroney and LT.
Watch out for McNair INT's. I think you're going to see a lot of them, probably three at least.
You enjoyed superior QB protection on third downs the last time we played, which was in my mind the difference-maker; I don't foresee you getting the same this time around.
Here's to a good game that we need far more than you do, at our place.
Good luck, you'll need it.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='396462' date='Nov 29 2006, 08:45 PM']It seems like you guys are thinking with your head, quite honestly.

[b]Your offense is better than ours, but it's not by that much anymore. Our receivers are almost as good as yours, and I think McNair is as good as Palmer is, quite frankly.[/b][/quote]

You have lost your mind.

But at least you are honest enough to acknowledge the inevitable Thursday night.

I never said I'd rather have our set than yours. Read it again. I said ours was almost as good as yours. I would definitely rather have your core than ours, but a better receiving core isn't something I was begging for like I have in years past.

The Jamal you saw earlier in the season is different than the one we have now. The one running now is a tough runner who is always moving forward to get a few more yards after the tackle. He's hitting the holes hard unlike he was earlier in the season.

And I know this defense isn't as good as the defense in 2000 (I wish people would stop comparing that team to this team. We have a much different team now than we did back then.), but they are still one of the top 3 defenses in the league.

And McNair, I worded it wrong. I wouldn't take one before the other. McNair is better at leading the two-minute offense than Palmer, but Palmer definitely has more talent, and he has been accurate, too. Palmer is better with the big play, but I don't think he's as good with the two-minute drill. I would take McNair in the playoffs over Palmer because of that.

Tomorrow night, I think you guys will win, but it wouldn't shock me to see us win. :P

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='396486' date='Nov 29 2006, 09:21 PM']And McNair, I worded it wrong. I wouldn't take one before the other. McNair is better at leading the two-minute offense than Palmer, but Palmer definitely has more talent, and he has been accurate, too. Palmer is better with the big play, but I don't think he's as good with the two-minute drill. I would take McNair in the playoffs over Palmer because of that.[/quote]
Im pretty sure Palmer ran one of the best two minute offenses last year...if not it was one of the best.

Offensive comparison...you guys might be as good as us running the ball. Jamal is a hell of a runner. We have shut the run down on some teams this year at times.

But our Passing offense is one of the best in the league if not the best when Carson got into his groove. Saints and Colts might be the only other teams as good.

Defense isn't even a comparison...you guys have a amazing defense. Fast, intelligent, and strong. While ours is one of the worst in the league we have made some strides in the past weeks and have got some turnovers.

I expect it to be close and hard fought...but with a little home field advantage and good offensive line production we will take this one.

Jamal Lewis used to be a great running back. But for the past couple of years
he has ran like a running back at the twilight of his career. I don't care what anybody
says, I will always believe Jamal lewis lost his manhood during his stay at ClubFed.

Your offense is better than ours, but it's not by that much anymore. Our receivers are almost as good as yours, and I think McNair is as good as Palmer is, quite frankly.[/quote]
our pass d has been playing without 2 starting dbs and 1 starter that should be benched or retire

our run d is playing without a single lb

your offense has improved, but youre still a c to our a+... your receivers are nothing compared to ours and mcnair is not even in carsons league

[quote name='JC' post='396499' date='Nov 29 2006, 09:34 PM']Im pretty sure Palmer ran one of the best two minute offenses last year...if not it was one of the best.[/quote]

No idea about last year but for this year:

[url="http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396173/splits/2006"]http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396173/splits/2006[/url]

Carson Palmer in last 2 minutes of a half: 97.2 passer rating (2.7 points below his season passer rating)

[url="http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1069/splits/2006"]http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1069/splits/2006[/url]

Steve McNair in last 2 minutes of a half: 74.3 passer rating (5.6 points below his season passer rating)

The stats give the edge to Palmer on this one.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='396520' date='Nov 29 2006, 09:57 PM']your offense has improved, but youre still a c to our a+... your receivers are nothing compared to ours and mcnair is not even in carsons league[/quote]

Remember to include tight ends in the discussion of receivers (which I assume Purple Predator is doing, otherwise his argument becomes hilariously bad). Todd Heap is a very good player. Also Mark Clayton has been impressive this year from a statistical standpoint but it's still not enough to make the Ravens receiving corps as good as ours.

I've been all for bringing Mike Anderson in all season up until Sunday. I don't care what you say; pissburgh does have a good run defense. Although the stats may not show it, Jamal ran over that defense. You keep him in, he gets a 100 yard game probably. That Steeler D had given up, and Jamal could wear down that defense easily. I still think, at the end of the year, it will come down to either keeping AD or Jamal. I'll take AD any day.

As for Palmer's two-minute drill. I think it's OK, but I don't think it's up there with McNair. I think McNair is the best in the league at running it along with Tom Brady. Without his awareness and ability to run the two-minute drill, we would have lost to the Chargers, the Browns, and the Titans. We would be 6-5 without that ability alone. I don't really care about stats. 3 games won is good enough for me.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='396526' date='Nov 29 2006, 10:02 PM']I've been all for bringing Mike Anderson in all season up until Sunday. I don't care what you say; pissburgh does have a good run defense. Although the stats may not show it, Jamal ran over that defense. You keep him in, he gets a 100 yard game probably. That Steeler D had given up, and Jamal could wear down that defense easily. I still think, at the end of the year, it will come down to either keeping AD or Jamal. I'll take AD any day.

As for Palmer's two-minute drill. I think it's OK, but I don't think it's up there with McNair. I think McNair is the best in the league at running it along with Tom Brady. Without his awareness and ability to run the two-minute drill, we would have lost to the Chargers, the Browns, and the Titans. We would be 6-5 without that ability alone. I don't really care about stats. 3 games won is good enough for me.

EDIT: V Why, thank you.[/quote]
The fact that you are speaking about how many close wins you've squeaked out this year against the likes of the Browns isn't exactly bragging material.
We need it, you don't....it's ours to lose.
Game: Bengals

How about the Chargers? Aren't they considered to be the best team in the NFL by a lot of people (including myself on a neutral field. In the Purple Palace, I'd take us over any team in the league)? McNair has led 21 games in the last two minutes that he has tied or taken the lead. The only stat that matters is wins. You can take your high QB rating. I don't give a rat's ass.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='396546' date='Nov 29 2006, 10:25 PM']How about the Chargers? Aren't they considered to be the best team in the NFL by a lot of people (including myself on a neutral field. In the Purple Palace, I'd take us over any team in the league)? McNair has led 21 games in the last two minutes that he has tied or taken the lead. The only stat that matters is wins. You can take your high QB rating. I don't give a rat's ass.[/quote]
id take us over them on their own damned field, we beat that ass, had the game locked up, stopped caring, and lost it

they do not impress me, take away lt and they are a 500 team

Archived