DaChis212 & Raven Fan101: Where are you hoez?

Guest ONYX

It looked like last night the only reciever you have that is worth a shit...is Derrick Mason and that was only when he was covered by Tory James...

But Anyways good game...and hopes to seeing you in the first round of the playoffs this year.

BTW when you play pitt next watch the knees and the browns watch your head.

Also...so much for Jamal Running all over us.

[center][img]http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6224254_18_3.jpg[/img][/center]

[b][size=5][color="#FF6600"]Prison bitch...again? C'mon guys[/color][/size][/b]

[quote name='JC' date='Dec 1 2006, 10:52 AM' post='398766']
[b]It looked like last night the only reciever you have that is worth a shit...is Derrick Mason[/b] and that was only when he was covered by Tory James...

I told you it's the system, I don't buy all the better team shit, but I will buy a better coach argument. Henry did solidify that argument about best 3rd WR in the NFL.

I didn't even feel Henry played as well as he usually does last night. It's usually TJ stepping it up big time when we play the ravens.

Henry didn't have a catch last night...and i think he dropped one too. He didn't play that well but CJ and TJ stepped it up for him.

[quote name='JC' post='398857' date='Dec 1 2006, 12:47 PM']I didn't even feel Henry played as well as he usually does last night. It's usually TJ stepping it up big time when we play the ravens.
Henry didn't have a catch last night...and i think he dropped one too. He didn't play that well but CJ and TJ stepped it up for him.[/quote]

I was joking about the Henry part, he actually dropped two. Couldn't understand why you wait until a minute left in the game to throw your 1st deep ball against a banged up secondary that's like 31st in the league. Make me the 1st to coin the term "Billick Ball." Who am I to question an offensive genius? I give Cincy their due for the win, Baltimore's offensive play calling was bullshit.

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='398852' date='Dec 1 2006, 12:44 PM']great game DaChis212. now i hope we could keep it going. not really sure if i need to cheer for you or the chiefs :blink: :lol:[/quote]

We benefit from either result of that game. We have a better shot the wild card obviously so it's hard to choose who to root for. If we can go at least 3-1, we're definitely in somewhere.

And, dachris, I wasn't able to reply to your post, but it looked like Billick was conceding the game midway through the 4th qtr. I thought they were play calling like [i][b]they[/b][/i] were up by 13. And what was with that on-side kick or whatever that was? I'm not ripping on your team, I just couldn't figure out what Billick was doing. Just wondering what you thought.

[quote name='Hooky' post='398882' date='Dec 1 2006, 01:24 PM']We benefit from either result of that game. We have a better shot the wild card obviously so it's hard to choose who to root for. If we can go at least 3-1, we're definitely in somewhere.

And, dachris, I wasn't able to reply to your post, but it looked like Billick was conceding the game midway through the 4th qtr. I thought they were play calling like [i][b]they[/b][/i] were up by 13. And what was with that on-side kick or whatever that was? I'm not ripping on your team, I just couldn't figure out what Billick was doing. Just wondering what you thought.[/quote]

I agree with you. Not taking anything away from Cincy, but I thought the whole game was poorly coached. I wasn't disappointed with our D, they bit hard on the flea flicker but shit happens. Not only did Billick call a poor game, it seemed to me that Cincy just wanted it more. I'm watching Steve under throw all of his short passes, thinking maybe he can't grip the ball. Then he lets a 40 yd pass go like nothing in the last minute of the game. But I agree Hooky, Billick always does that shit. Playing conservative like he has a lead. I believe that's why our O struggles more than anything else.

[quote name='DaChis212' post='398907' date='Dec 1 2006, 02:39 PM']I agree with you. Not taking anything away from Cincy, but I thought the whole game was poorly coached. I wasn't disappointed with our D, they bit hard on the flea flicker but shit happens. Not only did Billick call a poor game, it seemed to me that Cincy just wanted it more. I'm watching Steve under throw all of his short passes, thinking maybe he can't grip the ball. Then he lets a 40 yd pass go like nothing in the last minute of the game. But I agree Hooky, Billick always does that shit. Playing conservative like he has a lead. I believe that's why our O struggles more than anything else.[/quote]

How long was the ravens scoring drive time-wise? It seemed like they were out there forever when they needed 2 TDs. Or the Bengals D forced them into short gains, keeping them in bounds.

[quote name='Hooky' post='398917' date='Dec 1 2006, 02:59 PM']How long was the ravens scoring drive time-wise? It seemed like they were out there forever when they needed 2 TDs. Or the Bengals D forced them into short gains, keeping them in bounds.[/quote]

I don't know how long the drive was. They limited themselves by not attempting to stretch the field. Even though Cincy fielded several DB's at times, you got to make an effort with the long ball, prior to a minute left in the game. Shit, your db dropped about 5 interceptions. I also think given the weather conditions Billick was extra conservative.

[quote name='DaChis212' post='398930' date='Dec 1 2006, 03:27 PM']I don't know how long the drive was. They limited themselves by not attempting to stretch the field. Even though Cincy fielded several DB's at times, you got to make an effort with the long ball, prior to a minute left in the game. Shit, your db dropped about 5 interceptions. I also think given the weather conditions Billick was extra conservative.[/quote]

He is still raw, but Joseph is going to be a stud. He was all over the place yesterday, now when he takes off the boxing gloves look out!!

[quote name='DaChis212' post='398930' date='Dec 1 2006, 03:27 PM']I don't know how long the drive was. They limited themselves by not attempting to stretch the field. Even though Cincy fielded several DB's at times, you got to make an effort with the long ball, prior to a minute left in the game. Shit, your db dropped about 5 interceptions. I also think given the weather conditions Billick was extra conservative.[/quote]

Yeah, but I am so proud of my guys on defense. I feel like a parent who just witness their
child using the toilet instead of pooping on themselves for the first time.

:wub:

I'm about to get emotional.

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img]

:blush:

[quote name='ONYX' post='398942' date='Dec 1 2006, 03:37 PM']Yeah, but I am so proud of my guys on defense. I feel like a parent who just witness their
child using the toilet instead of pooping on themselves for the first time.

:wub:

I'm about to get emotional.

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img]
:blush:[/quote]

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='398939' date='Dec 1 2006, 03:34 PM']He is still raw, but Joseph is going to be a stud. He was all over the place yesterday, now when he takes off the boxing gloves look out!![/quote]

He's obviously outstanding on coverage for a rookie, but he has to start catching the ball. Does he have any picks yet? The dropped passes are usually forgiven since he broke up the play, but the missed opportunities can have a big effect on the outcome of the game. He doesn't want to let Manning off the hook in two weeks.

I'm glad we've got him, but the dropped ints are frustrating. I know I'm probably nitpicking after such a great performance by him and the rest of the D. He and Peko were big steals.

[quote name='Hooky' post='398967' date='Dec 1 2006, 04:16 PM']He's obviously outstanding on coverage for a rookie, but he has to start catching the ball. Does he have any picks yet? The dropped passes are usually forgiven since he broke up the play, but the missed opportunities can have a big effect on the outcome of the game. He doesn't want to let Manning off the hook in two weeks.

I'm glad we've got him, but the dropped ints are frustrating. I know I'm probably nitpicking after such a great performance by him and the rest of the D. He and Peko were big steals.[/quote]

Oh believe me I want to see him get those picks too, and hopefull in time hell learn that but we knew he was going to be raw comming out of school, marvin said so about the entire draft class for CBs this year. But other than his hands he's playing pretty damn well even for a rookie.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='398976' date='Dec 1 2006, 04:35 PM']Oh believe me I want to see him get those picks too, and hopefull in time hell learn that but we knew he was going to be raw comming out of school, marvin said so about the entire draft class for CBs this year. But other than his hands he's playing pretty damn well even for a rookie.[/quote]

I'm sure the interceptions will come. I doubt it's a problem with his hands so much as bad luck, or possibly nerves might be a factor because he's anxious to get that first NFL pick. I was curious so I decided to check some of the prospect profiles on him and he had good hands in college:

[url="http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/joseph_johnathan"]http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/joseph_johnathan[/url]
[quote]Joseph has very good hands to make tough interceptions when he gets the chance.[/quote]

What's truly remarkable from my point of view is that he was supposed to be raw in terms of his coverage ability. But he has looked like the real deal and a finished product when he has been on the field, aside from a few lapses and of course the dropped interceptions.

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='398984' date='Dec 1 2006, 04:54 PM']I'm sure the interceptions will come. I doubt it's a problem with his hands so much as bad luck, or possibly nerves might be a factor because he's anxious to get that first NFL pick. I was curious so I decided to check some of the prospect profiles on him and he had good hands in college:

[url="http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/joseph_johnathan"]http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/joseph_johnathan[/url]
What's truly remarkable from my point of view is that he was supposed to be raw in terms of his coverage ability. But he has looked like the real deal and a finished product when he has been on the field, aside from a few lapses and of course the dropped interceptions.[/quote]

Good stuff.

Another note on Joseph: [url="http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/DB-TACKLES/2006/regular?&_3:col_1=11"]as of now he is tied for 2nd in the league with 16 passes defensed[/url].

Some of those other guys will get a few more this week but his stats are pretty damn impressive for a guy who has been a nickel back unless injuries forced him into the starting lineup.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='398986' date='Dec 1 2006, 04:55 PM']Good stuff.[/quote]

These posts might be more appropriate in the Joseph topic over in the bengals forum. But the smack talk with Ravens fans is remarkably civil.

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='398989' date='Dec 1 2006, 05:02 PM']Another note on Joseph: as of now he is 2nd in the league with 16 passes defensed.

[url="http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/DB-TACKLES/2006/regular?&_3:col_1=11"]http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/DB...amp;_3:col_1=11[/url][/quote]

I dont want to jinx it, but DROY? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='398992' date='Dec 1 2006, 05:02 PM']I dont want to jinx it, but DROY? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img][/quote]

Not going to happen. He doesn't have the interception stats, a guy like the Panthers' Richard Marshall (who has been pretty good himself, and has 3 INT and 1 def TD) would be more likely to be picked if they actually picked a corner, which they probably won't. A CB's impact is tough to quantify.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='399505' date='Dec 2 2006, 02:44 PM']Is it just me or do we get along with some of the other teams fans better without BJ? If BJ was here he would probably be ripping on the ravens and getting in fights with them...[/quote]

They arent steelers fans, I think thats the bigger part of it.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='399613' date='Dec 2 2006, 06:49 PM']I donno about that...if you go to that one link for that ravens forum they look pretty damn stupid and idiotic.[/quote]
:thumbsdown:

Are you kidding me? I've been a member on the forum for a while and I have found very little idiots on that board. Stupid thread gets stupid replies.

Archived