The flee flicker...

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='367213' date='Oct 18 2006, 08:27 PM']LETS DO A FLEE FLICKER!! We did it a few times last year and it seemed to work once in a while, why not try something creative like that again?[/quote]

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='356882' date='Oct 1 2006, 07:47 PM']Any flee flickers or play actions in the book?[/quote]

I have been calling for the flee flicker for so long, its about time we used it!!

Great call by brat! :thumbsup:

I have to agree with you, great play!! As it was happening, I was on the phone with my friend (luckily one who understands that the Bengals come before everything aside from death). Since she doesn't have NFL Network, she wasn't able to see the play, but she got the play by play from me. I went from, "Oh shit, we actually pulled a flea flicker, TJ's got it, he's in the endzone, fuck YES"!!!!!! YYYYEEEAAAHHH!!!!! Then it was back to her baby's cold. At least, until the next play, then it was back to the game. Am I a bad friend? Oh well, Bengals won, whe knows what to expect while the Bengals are playing, she's lucky to have even talked to me tonight.

I didn't see that play but I did see the punt at the end there and thought it was a TD. I was sitting here in the teachers room at school, quiet as a library in here except for the football commentary coming out of my laptop at a minimal peep. He grabbed that and ran it into the end zone and I literally jumped up out of my chair with my hands over my head and said "YES!! TOUCHDOWN, BABY!!!!" pretty loud. Everyone turned and looked at me. I just smiled and sat down real quick. hehe!!
MULLY
God I love to see them winning again

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='Ben_Gal_Phan' post='398640' date='Dec 1 2006, 08:01 AM']Man, the crowd went nuts (I went nuts) when Rudi stopped and flipped the ball back to Carson. Before Carson let it go, touchdown was written all over it.[/quote]

Carson actually said that on that play he couldn't really see the secondary, but knew that TJ was open due to the crowds reaction.

And way to create a trhead to pat yourself on the back :D

Guest ravonaf
[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='398645' date='Dec 1 2006, 09:08 AM']Carson actually said that on that play he couldn't really see the secondary, but knew that TJ was open due to the crowds reaction.[/quote]

Now that's cool. Carson has GREAT football instincts. He's only going to get better. Let him get a couple SB rings and he's going to the Hall.

Guest oldschooler
[quote][size=5][b]Flea-flicker catches Ravens' Reed off-guard[/b][/size]
By Mark Gokavi

Staff Writer

Friday, December 01, 2006

CINCINNATI — Ravens safety Ed Reed has made a career out of ultra-aggressive plays turned into returns for touchdowns.

Reed took back an interception 25 yards for a score Nov. 5 in Baltimore's 26-20 win over the Bengals.

Earlier this week, with a chance to clinch the AFC North title in Cincinnati, Reed said: "There is no other team in the league that I would much rather be playing than the Cincinnati Bengals. I'm sure they feel the same way."

The Bengals (7-5) used that aggression against Reed during Thursday night's 13-7 victory over Baltimore (9-3) at Paul Brown Stadium.

Reed bit hard when Rudi Johnson got a handoff from Carson Palmer on first and 10 at Baltimore's 40 early in the third quarter. T.J. Houshmandzadeh feigned a block and cut toward the corner.

When Johnson's pitch went back to Palmer, the flea-flicker pass sailed high over Reed's head.

"That's why he was so open," Johnson said of Reed's action. "We knew it would be money."

Houshmandzadeh gathered the ball at the 12 and scored for a 13-0 lead.

"That's one of them system touchdowns," said Houshmandzadeh, who had 10 catches for 106 yards. "All I've got to do is catch the ball.

"He's an aggressive safety. So, it was a good call at the time. It had to be the right coverage. It was the coverage we wanted, and it just worked out."

The Bengals twice had long drives (14 plays-77 yards-7:03 and 12-60-6:14) that bogged down and ended in Shayne Graham field goals.

The flea flicker slowed Baltimore's rush.

After nine sacks against pissburgh last weekend, Baltimore had two, both when Palmer fell. "They're probably the best in the league at confusing you and beating guys one on one," Bengals tackle Willie Anderson said this week.

This time, it was the Ravens' offense that looked confused.

Before Derrick Mason's 36-yard TD catch with 1:01 left, Baltimore's longest play was Steve McNair's 19-yard scramble on a third down late in the first half.

Contact this reporter at (937) 225-6951 or mgokavi@daytondailynews.com.[/quote]

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='398604' date='Dec 1 2006, 12:48 AM']I didn't see that play but I did see the punt at the end there and thought it was a TD. I was sitting here in the teachers room at school, quiet as a library in here except for the football commentary coming out of my laptop at a minimal peep. He grabbed that and ran it into the end zone and I literally jumped up out of my chair with my hands over my head and said "YES!! TOUCHDOWN, BABY!!!!" pretty loud. Everyone turned and looked at me. I just smiled and sat down real quick. hehe!!
MULLY
God I love to see them winning again[/quote]

Yeah, at the sports bar I got flagged for "premature celebration." Fortunately the owners know I am light on the funds, or I would have had to buy the people at the bar a round of shots as punishment. I tried to argue I was cheering the muffed punt, but they didn't believe me.

Guest oldschooler

Trevor Pryce :pointlaff:

[quote]"Unbelievable," defensive end Trevor Pryce said.
"Who has a expletive flea-flicker in their playbook?"

"We still control whether or not we win the division," Pryce said. "We don't have to wait for anybody to lose. The Bengals do have Indy and Denver back-to-back on the road. Yeah, good luck."[/quote]

[url="http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens01dec01001522,0,7560877.story?page=2&coll=bal-sports-football"]http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/footbal...sports-football[/url]

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='oldschooler' post='398725' date='Dec 1 2006, 09:43 AM']Trevor Pryce :pointlaff:
[url="http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens01dec01001522,0,7560877.story?page=2&coll=bal-sports-football"]http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/footbal...sports-football[/url][/quote]
:lol:

i said the same thing when the stealers used the flea flicker tho.

Guest oldschooler
[quote][size=5][b]Trick play, tough 'D' lift Bengals[/b][/size]
[size=3][b]A flea-flicker gives Cincy its only TD in a 13-7 win over the Ravens; team's defense is suddenly stout.[/b][/size]
By Chick Ludwig

Staff Writer

Friday, December 01, 2006

CINCINNATI — Neither wind nor rain nor slick footing on Paul Brown Stadium's FieldTurf could stop the Bengals on Thursday night.

The Baltimore Ravens couldn't stop 'em, either.

The Bengals used a little trickery to pull off a 13-7 victory over the AFC North Division leaders in front of 65,973 spectators and millions watching on NFL Network.

Clinging to a 6-0 lead early in the third quarter, the Bengals perfectly executed a flea-flicker that resulted in quarterback Carson Palmer's 40-yard TD pass to wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

Palmer handed off to tailback Rudi Johnson, who flipped the ball back to Palmer. Ravens defenders bit on the play, and Houshmandzadeh was all alone near the right sideline when he hauled in the pass at the 12-yard line and sprinted into the end zone.

The Bengals (7-5) earned their third straight victory, evened their home record at 3-3 and gave their playoff hopes a boost.

Baltimore (9-3) would've clinched the division title with a win, but the Ravens' celebration was put on hold by the Bengals' methodical offense and relentless defense.

Houshmandzadeh caught 10 passes for 106 yards, while Chad Johnson (8 catches, 91 yards) pushed his league-leading receiving yardage to 1,146. Johnson took over possession of third place on the Bengals' career receiving yards list with 6,702, passing Cris Collinsworth (6,698).

The Bengals set club defensive records for consecutive scoreless quarters (7) and time without allowing a point (123 minutes, 20 seconds) during a span of three games.

[b]Stars of the game:[/b] The offensive line for protecting Palmer, and the aggressive secondary, led by safety Dexter Jackson, and corners Johnathan Joseph and Tory James.

[b]Goat of the game:[/b] Ravens kicker Matt Stover missed a 29-yard field goal, wide left, with 12 seconds remaining in the first half.

[b]Turning point:[/b] James swatted a McNair pass intended for Mark Clayton on fourth and 3 at the Bengals' 11 with 6:20 to go.

[b]Quote machine:[/b] "That was the loudest I've ever heard our crowd since I've been here (2001). That's much appreciated." — T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

Contact this reporter at (937) 225-2253 or cludwig@DaytonDailyNews.com

[b]Bengals next game[/b]

Who: Oakland Raiders (2-9) at Cincinnati Bengals (7-5)

When: 1 p.m. Sunday Dec. 10

TV: CBS (WHIO, Channel 7)

[b]Top teams in the AFC[/b]

Colts 10-1

Chargers 9-2

Ravens 9-3

Patriots 8-3

Chiefs 7-4

Broncos 7-4

Bengals 7-5

Jaguars 6-5

Jets 6-5[/quote]

The NFL had Rudi wired for sound during the game.

[url="http://nfl.com/"]Rudi Wired for Sound[/url]

It's on the far right side of the page under Video Features. It will start with a commercial then there are 5 or 6 segments - all Rudi. One of them is Rudi in the huddle prior to the TD pass and he is talking to Kelly and Jjohson to keep him clean so he can pitch back the ball to Carson.

Pretty cool, worth watching....

Archived