OSU v. Florida

Guest Bengals1181

Guest Bengals1181
Reports are coming in that Florida will be #2 in the BCS when it is released in about 10 minutes.

Florida has passed Michigan in both human polls, and its been speculated that they would pass them in the computer polls regardless.

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2684904"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2684904[/url]

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='400205' date='Dec 3 2006, 07:53 PM']edit: Apparently ESPN already announced OSU vs. Florida as well.[/quote]

yea that's where I was getting it from. They announced it at the start of Sportscenter at 7pm.

I was waiting to see if NBC would announce it on "Football Night in America" just to fuck over Fox.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='400214' date='Dec 3 2006, 08:11 PM']God OSU will STOMP the gators...

I'm willing to throw any bets in on whatever the spread is.[/quote]

I thought the U was going to STOMP the Buckeyes. Anything can happen. But If I were a betting man my $ is on the Buckeyes. :headbang:

[quote name='Kochman' post='400216' date='Dec 3 2006, 08:13 PM']I thought the U was going to STOMP the Buckeyes. Anything can happen. But If I were a betting man my $ is on the Buckeyes. :headbang:[/quote]

i made A LOT of money on the U vs. OSU game...

as a side note, that was my freshman year at OSU ... good times

we (football fans) all got fucked, the best possible National Championship game would have been a Rematch between the Two Best teams in the country... Michigan and OSU. The buckeyes will destroy Fla. and this one most likely wont even be fun to watch...

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='400660' date='Dec 4 2006, 10:05 AM']we (football fans) all got fucked, the best possible National Championship game would have been a Rematch between the Two Best teams in the country... Michigan and OSU. The buckeyes will destroy Fla. and this one most likely wont even be fun to watch...[/quote]

Michigan would get their ass beat again too. They had their chance with everything on the line and they blew it. That game was close by final score only. If I'm not mistaken, Florida has the longest winning streak of the 1-loss teams and arguably the toughest conference. But they're still going to get their ass beat.

Guest oldschooler
Ohio State is up to 8.5 point favorite in one book. They are no less than a 7.5 favorite in others...

[url="http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/florida-@-ohio-state.cfm/date/1-08-07/time/2000#J"]http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-footba...-07/time/2000#J[/url]

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Hooky' post='400672' date='Dec 4 2006, 10:21 AM']Michigan would get their ass beat again too. They had their chance with everything on the line and they blew it. That game was close by final score only. If I'm not mistaken, Florida has the longest winning streak of the 1-loss teams and arguably the toughest conference. But they're still going to get their ass beat.[/quote]
michigan didnt get their ass beat the first time. As Jim Rome said today. The point of the National Championship is to pit the top 2 teams against each other, not the 2 most deserving teams. If OSU is so good like you want to claim then Michigan should almost be viewed as undefeated because they lost to the # 1 team in the nation. Florida did not. Their loss was to a team that is not very good. If OSU/Michigan played sometime between weeks 1 thru 4, then Michigan would be in the National Championship. If Michigan would have beat OSU by 3 points, it would be Michigan v OSU in the national championship and OSU fans would be demanding and believing they deserve a rematch. The only reason that OSU fans are saying that Michigan "had their chance and dont deserver another" is because they know Florida will be a cake walk and Michigan COULD and probably would beat them in a neutral setting. Florida has no chance, Michigan actually would be a possibility to win. I dont see the point in even playing the national championship really. Its going to be a no contest.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='400728' date='Dec 4 2006, 11:58 AM']Ohio State is up to 8.5 point favorite in one book. They are no less than a 7.5 favorite in others...
[url="http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/florida-@-ohio-state.cfm/date/1-08-07/time/2000#J"]http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-footba...-07/time/2000#J[/url][/quote]
and vegas announced that michigan would have only been a 3 point underdog. And personally i think vegas is more intelligent than the poll voters and the bullshit BCS crap. Oh well, doesnt involve my teams.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='400763' date='Dec 4 2006, 12:47 PM']michigan didnt get their ass beat the first time. As Jim Rome said today. The point of the National Championship is to pit the top 2 teams against each other, not the 2 most deserving teams. If OSU is so good like you want to claim then Michigan should almost be viewed as undefeated because they lost to the # 1 team in the nation. Florida did not. Their loss was to a team that is not very good. If OSU/Michigan played sometime between weeks 1 thru 4, then Michigan would be in the National Championship. If Michigan would have beat OSU by 3 points, it would be Michigan v OSU in the national championship and OSU fans would be demanding and believing they deserve a rematch. The only reason that OSU fans are saying that Michigan "had their chance and dont deserver another" is because they know Florida will be a cake walk and Michigan COULD and probably would beat them in a neutral setting. Florida has no chance, Michigan actually would be a possibility to win. I dont see the point in even playing the national championship really. Its going to be a no contest.
and vegas announced that michigan would have only been a 3 point underdog. And personally i think vegas is more intelligent than the poll voters and the bullshit BCS crap. Oh well, doesnt involve my teams.[/quote]

I would honestly think that OSU didn't deserve a rematch if they lost. I would've welcomed it, of course, but I wouldn't think it's right. Anyone that wants a play-off system should support Michigan not going. And are you forgetting Michigan's bowl history?

They will lose to USC anyways. And then swear they could beat them at a neutral site.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Hooky' post='400787' date='Dec 4 2006, 01:21 PM']I would honestly think that OSU didn't deserve a rematch if they lost. I would've welcomed it, of course, but I wouldn't think it's right. Anyone that wants a play-off system should support Michigan not going. And are you forgetting Michigan's bowl history?

They will lose to USC anyways. And then swear they could beat them at a neutral site.[/quote]
lloyd carr needs to go, but thats not the point.

Playoff method would cause me to follow NCAA football. Right now the BCS is shit though and it keeps me on the outside with minimal interest.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='400867' date='Dec 4 2006, 02:33 PM']lloyd carr needs to go, but thats not the point.
Playoff method would cause me to follow NCAA football. Right now the BCS is shit though and it keeps me on the outside with minimal interest.[/quote]

I agree. I've had no interest in the NC when OSU's not in it. I'll take the NC, if they give it to OSU, but it doesn't necessarily determine that they are the best team in the country. But then again does the Basketball tournament really decide who the best team is?

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Hooky' post='400876' date='Dec 4 2006, 02:40 PM']I agree. I've had no interest in the NC when OSU's not in it. I'll take the NC, if they give it to OSU, but it doesn't necessarily determine that they are the best team in the country. But then again does the Basketball tournament really decide who the best team is?[/quote]
in march it just shows who got hot at the right time.

Guest Bengals1181

[quote name='steggyD' post='401133' date='Dec 4 2006, 07:47 PM']Florida is gonna spank Ohio State. They've never been up against a team like this, Ohio State, that is.[/quote]

:lmao:

what kind of team is that? A team that struggles to score points and has a weak secondary???

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='401130' date='Dec 4 2006, 07:45 PM'][b]I hope UF beats OSU[/b], i bet on the game, I work at subway so i said i would give him free subs till may, and he said he'd give me a hundred bucks a month.

[b]I'm praying for the upset.[/b][/quote]

As your uncle, I am so disappointed in you. You were raised better than that!!!! :rant:

[quote name='steggyD' post='401133' date='Dec 4 2006, 07:47 PM'][b]Florida is gonna spank Ohio State. [/b]They've never been up against a team like this, Ohio State, that is.[/quote]

blasphemy!!!

:rant:

Guest steggyD
Watch and see guys. Ohio State is weak. They play old fashioned boring football. Time to light their asses up with some crazy offense. Ohio State players'll be so confused. I predict about 34 to 17, Florida.

[quote name='steggyD' post='401162' date='Dec 4 2006, 08:54 PM']Watch and see guys. Ohio State is weak. They play old fashioned boring football. Time to light their asses up with some crazy offense. Ohio State players'll be so confused. I predict about 34 to 17, Florida.[/quote]
[center][b]Urban Meyer[/b][/center]
[center][b][i][size=5]Fears[/size][/i][/b][/center]
[center][size=7]The[/size][/center]

[center][img]http://www.buckeyecorner.com/images/products/200/1803001_200.jpg[/img][/center]

Ohio state 47 with the safety

flordia 10

Archived