SCHEDULE LEAKS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

That is going to be unreal if we end the season in Miami, me and my friend Darryl are going to that game!

[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='470013' date='Apr 10 2007, 08:35 PM']We'll see if this is correct, just some tidbits I heard...don't know the source personally, so the validity of this I can't be sure:

Obviously the season opener vs the Ravens.

Week 3 New England, Mon. night.

Sunday Night vs the stealers, don't know when or where.

Saturday game vs San Fran week 16.

end the season @ Miami.[/quote]

Can't wait 'till we play the 49ers.

It's my favourite rivalry (even more so than the stealers), just because they were regularly against us during our most successful time as a franchise. Every victory against them now is payback for the 2 superbowl losses during the 80's.

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='470086' date='Apr 10 2007, 11:43 PM']guys, just wait till tomorrow :ninja:[/quote]

[quote name='MAGICTOUCH' post='470191' date='Apr 11 2007, 01:58 AM']Ha Ha...BIG news tomorrow!!!!!! :ninja:[/quote]

You guys had to go and jynx it. Now they'll push it back again.

Dammit Francisco.

:D

[quote]Although the schedule isn't everything in determining the fate of an NFL team, it means a lot more than coaches want to admit.

On Wednesday at 1 p.m. Eastern, everything about the 2007 NFL schedule will be revealed. The schedule release day is becoming more and more like an unofficial holiday every spring. ESPN and The NFL Network each have two-hour specials. Fans have opportunities to study their schedule and map out their falls, particularly if they plan to travel to a few road games of their favorite teams.

NFL schedule sneak peek
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announced the following games for the 2007 NFL schedule last month.

Week 1
Thursday Night: Saints at Colts (NBC)
Sunday: Bears at Chargers (FOX)
Sunday Night: Giants at Cowboys (NBC)
Monday Night: Ravens at Bengals and Cardinals at 49ers (ESPN doubleheader)

Thanksgiving
Packers at Lions (FOX)
Jets at Cowboys (CBS)
Colts at Falcons (NFL Network)

Those who are traveling spring to their phones in order to book hotel rooms, particularly for some of the hard-to-get hotels over busy fall weekends. Other fans rush to book air travel. Teams scramble to get the right hotel locations.

From the competitive standpoint, how the schedule breaks down determines a team's chance. Last year, for example, the Colts had three AFC South home games scheduled during the first five weeks of the season. Win those games and Indianapolis could take early control of its division. The Colts won the games and eventually won the Super Bowl. Cold weather teams look for the chance to get four home games in the final six weeks of the season. Warm weather teams hope for an extra September home game to wear out a visiting team not used to heat and humidity.

The newest twist involves the additional night games and flexible scheduling. The eight Thursday or Saturday games given to The NFL Network plus the post-Thanksgiving ability of NBC to move Sunday day games into the night also play a big impact. NFL players and coaches love consistency, but the weekly challenge of playing a day game one week and a night game the next tends to mentally wear on a team.[/quote]

[quote name='Who Dey Time' post='470332' date='Apr 11 2007, 10:12 AM']Can someone make sure it gets posted on the forum as soon as it is released. My work blocks nfl.com!!![/quote]

They block NFL.com but not go-bengals? The fools, the short-sighted fools...

[quote name='Who Dey Time' post='470332' date='Apr 11 2007, 11:12 AM']Can someone make sure it gets posted on the forum as soon as it is released. My work blocks nfl.com!!![/quote]

Do they block Bengals.com? It will probably be posted there shortly after 1.

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='470381' date='Apr 11 2007, 11:51 AM']i guess i might spend new years eve in Miami! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/36.gif[/img][/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. Miami look out

Archived