Interesting Bengals draft site

As much as so many of you will still ridicule him for him jumping ship during Week 3, you had to admit that he did know a bit about the draft.

But that is where that rule of "DON'T BE A TOTAL CUNT" comes into play. He knew some shit, and flaunted it, and we ran him off.

It is an interesting site, even though it make me laugh to think that Henry's troubles have him thinking that we are gonna go offense early.

Guest schotzee

View soured on Landry because he jumped on a pile where ball carrier was down :blink: Maybe he will fall to us then :headbang: or maybe we can let some bad rumors out about him so he falls to us :P [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//19.gif[/img]

LATEST BLURB FROM TWM's WEB SITE. ACTUALLY A LOT OF IT MAKES SENSE, BUT IT MAKES ME LAUGH WHEN WHEN HE COMES OUT WITH STUFF LIKE [i]"OKOYE IS A MID-ROUND PROSPECT WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT"[/i]. READ THIS...

Back to the Bengals talk.

* In Regards to Tight Ends, BDG believes that Cincy needs to take a top teir TE or not take one at all. Why? Reggie Kelly is a very solid starter, but is never going to be a huge factor in the passing game, Reggie is known for his blocking. The Bengals could use a top end pass catcher at the position. There is no need for the Bengals to be selecting lower end TEs in this draft as they already have a number of players who will be fighting for that roster spot. There is not much difference between Tim Day and Martez Milner. There is not much difference between Gregg Guenther and Brent Celek. Cincy will either take the high round TE, or not take one at all.

* John Wendling...Bengals fans like him. BDG does not mean to be rude, but it just goes to show how much fans refuse to accept what the BENGALS look for in players at certain positions. For some of the really nice things that John can do, he does not posses the coverage ability that the Bengals look for and need.

* Cornerback: (5): Johnathan Joseph, Deltha O'Neal, Kewian Ratliff, Greg Brooks and Brandon Williams.

- Man do fans want a high round CB or what. BDG does not believe any of it. If the Bengals had tired of Deltha or he was in serious trouble, I really would have expected a vet FA to be brought in and so far, thats has not happened. JJ and Deltha have the potential to be one the best CB duo's in the NFL, if they both give 100%. Without Tory James and the return of Deltha's health, the secondary will be improved.

Safety: (5): Dexter Jackson, Madieu Williams, Ethan Kilmer, Idiana Jones, John Busing.

- Williams is a franchise FS, he had a down year after being injured for most of the 05. He's still a good player but needs to improve on last years tackling to regain the form he's capable of. Dexter...this is where the Bengals need to be looking. For a versatile SS who excels in coverage. Dexter hasn't played 16 games in 3 years and BDG worries if Kilmer, Jones or Busing were to have to step into a starting role for 4 games.

* I know this is a "Bengals site", but I must address some firm beliefs that BDG has about 2 AFCN teams.

Browns: I think the Browns are really targeting Adam Carriker with the #3 spot. They lost their 2 RDEs, signed an 8 year vet DE, but he's not a long term solution. Romeo Crennell would love to get himself another Richard Seymour type player for his 34 defense. Adam is an elite athlete, just look at his 4.18 short shuttle and his dominating performaces in the Senior Bowl. Because Adam was not used properly at Nebraska, some people hold that against him. The most common picks for the Browns are QB/RB, but why? The Browns don't really have holes there, they do however have a big need at DE.

QB - Frye has only played 1 season, why not give him another season? Hopefully behind a better and healthier Oline he can produce better. If he does not do well, he will only put the Browns back into position to get a QB in 2008. Remember, there are more top QB prospects for 2008. The kid from Hawaii, Ainge, Brohm, Booty to name a few. Take the DE now and let Charlie play out 2007. That way if you need to draft a QB in 2008, your team will have improved it's defense with Adam and would take the pressure off a 08 rookie QB. Having Adam Carriker taking up blockers for Kam Wimbley...YIKES!!! Gonna do the Browns a lot more good than breaking in a rookie QB in 2007.

RB - Adrian Peterson seems to be the consesus RB for the Browns, but the question BDG asks is: If the Browns are going to take a chance on a RB with an injury history, why not just go for Michael Bush in the 2nd round? He would represent much better value if he gets healthy.

Ravens: BDG just has a feeling that Troy Smith is going to end up in a Raven uniform, and sooner rather than later. I don't know if the Ravens would pull the trigger in the 1st round, but could definitely see them taking him in the 2nd round. The Ravens have a lot of picks this year so they can afford to take a chance on Troy. He can learn behind Steve McNair for a year and then give him a shot. I think Troy would be a great QB for that team honestly.

* I would like to speak a little more about DT Brandon Mebane. It's becoming a common occurance for BDG's favorite prospects to get absolutely no attention from the national or more in-tune draft media. It's happening with Brandon this year and happened last year with Eric Henderson.

Everyone talks about every other DT other than Brandon and I just can't figure out why folks think some of these DTs are better than Brandon. How in the world is Tank Tyler better than Brandon Mebane? Thats the one that really stumps me. How is Ray McDonald a better rated DT than Brandon?...McDonald needs to be moved to DE in the NFL at his smallish wieght of 277. I would rank Brandon above Harrell because Mebane is not coming off an injury, there are other reasons though.

Read Brandon's profile on NFL.com and tell me what other DT has the package that Brandon has. He's explosive, disruptive, he's got big, strong hands, he gets great leverage and understand footwork. Has great balance and is able to stay on his feet. Has lateral agility to move down the line in pursuit. Never quits and never takes a play off. Is able to command double teams and rip apart single blocks. Has been reported to even command TRIPLE teams at times. Is a great character kid who's very coachable and a team player who sacrifices. He can rush the passer as well. He's not a workout warrior but will get it done on the field.

Brandon is not without his flaws and he could use some technique work, but he even improved upon that in his senior year as obvious with the jump in his tackle numbers, they really improved to 50+. While people were wondering where Brandon was during some points, his coaches said that he was doing a tremendous job and was doing exactly what he was being asked to do.

I think Amobi Okoye is the ultimate DT for the Bengals, but if they can't get a chance to land him BDG thinks the Bengals will really make a run for Brandon. He's just the kind of player that Marvin Lewis gravitates towards. Regardless, I believe Brandon will be the best rookie DT in 2007. He will be extremely underdrafted and prove to be one of the drafts biggest steals for whoever gets him. The nice thing about Brandon is he is able to fit into a 4-3 or 3-4.

The NFL is silly and makes way to may assumptions. Becaue Brandon is a DT from a non-USC Pac-10 school he must suck...

*Linebacker: (5, not including Pollack and Thurman): Ahmad Brooks, Rashad Jeanty, AJ Nicholson, Eric Henderson, Andre Fraizer.

- The Bengals have 2 RFA LBs as well in Landon Johnson and Caleb Miller and BDG would really like to see Landon brought back. It would at least give the Bengals a solid starting 3 LBs with Jeanty, Brooks, Johnson. The biggest issue with this group in 2006 was the ever rotating starting LB lineup.

- (SSLB) Jeanty proved to be a starting caliber player and will be given the chance to compete for the SSLB spot. He will be competing with DE turned OLB (and BDG favorite) Eric Henderson. Both will be used more as 2 down run stuffers and 3rd down pass rushers. I think the move of Henderson to OLB shows either 1 of 2 things: 1) David Pollack is completely done with football or 2)They moved Eric back to OLB and will put David back at DE when he's able to play again. The strong side looks...pretty strong at the moment.

- (MLB) I've doubted Brooks all offseason and still do. Thats what you get with players who have shown to be unreliable in the past. He's done well so far and if he keeps it up he's poised for a starting role.

- (WSLB) HUGE HOLE RIGHT HERE at the moment. No Landon, No Caleb, no nothing. Getting Landon back would really help this area out but if the Bengals go high round LB, it will be a WSLB who can cover.

- Odell Thurman, the wild card in all of this. Odell is a natural MLB and don't know how he would fare as an WSLB. Marvin has moved players around and only gotten negative results from most of those moves. If Odell stays clean then the Bengals are getting a hell of a player back and if he dosen't come back, the Bengals are prepared for life without him.

* BDG believes that Cincy has a better shot at landing Amobi Okoye than a lot of folks seem to think. They see him in the top 10 of mock drafts and assume that they have no hope. Most mock drafts mean nothing and are just for fun, I see no reason to take them too seriously.

BDG wants to take nothing away from Amobi as he's a great player and prospect but there is a reality that needs to be seen about the situation. While putting him in the top 10 of mock drafts will get your site some hits, when you sit down and really think about it, Amobi is more of a mid round prospect.

BDGs reasoning: For as good of a prospect as Amobi is, he is going to take a few years to really develop, he's not even fully filled out his body yet. How much is he really going to be able to contribute and produce on Sunday's his rookie season? I think this is the question, combined with other names that will be on the board is the reason that Amobi is a mid-round prospect.

Take the basic question (as a GM): Which player is going to potentially produce more for me in 2007? Then compare names. Which player would you realisticly choose?

Okoye vs Adams? Okoye vs Landry? Okoye vs Anderson? Okoye vs Willis? Okoye vs Lynch? Okoye vs Peterson? Okoye vs Nelson? Okoye vs Revis? Okoye vs Olsen? Okoye vs Branch? Okoye vs Paul Pos?

We'll see.

*Defensive End: (5): Robert Geathers, Bryan Robinson, Frostee Rucker, Jonathan Fanene, Franchise Tag: Justin Smith.

- What will happen with Justin Smith? That question will shape the future of this group. Long term deal? Plays one more season? Traded? In any of those situations I still don't really see the need for a premier pass rusher. The best thing would be to get Justin back long-term. However, if he plays only one more season with the recent positive news about David Pollack, I could see David being moved back to DE in 2008 when Justin Smith leaves. David has been vocal in his desire to move back to DE if he returns to football. The only way I could see a day one selection is if Justin is flat-out traded before/during the draft.

- Robert is an emerging DE who has showed progress in each of his seasons. He needs to work on being more consistant as he didn't show the last 3 games of the season but he's really coming along nicely for Marvin and the Bengals. He could be a great threat as a LDE in the upcoming season. He's a good pass rusher and has the ability to play against the run, he's still very young and getting him locked up was a really good move. He's only going to get better and has already proven to be a steal from the 4th round.

Defensive Tackle: (3): Sam Adams, John Thornton, Domata Peko.

- This is the thinnest and weakest area on the team at the moment. Sam Adams is only wearing down no matter what is said, Thornton is not getting any younger either. Domata has proven to be a force and with some more experience he should contintue to be a disruptive player. I believe that DT is the #1 need on this team and that the Bengals would absolutely love to land Amobi Okoye in the 1st round. The Bengals will be drafting a DT or 2 this year, I just hope they take one with a pick in rounds 1 or 2.

*Running/Full Backs: (7): Rudi Johnson, Chris Perry, Kenny Watson, Quincy Wilson, Terrence Whitehead, Jeremi Johnson (FB), Chris Manderino (FB).

- The absence of Chris Perry really hurt the Benagls on 3rd down in 2006. Perry had a lot of miles on him coming from Michigan and is starting to break in the NFL. The Bengals have been seen talking to some mid-round RBs. The biggest thing to be looking for is guys who can catch from the backfield. I expect TE and RB to play off each other a little in this draft. If the Bengals don't take a TE, expect a higher round RB, if the Bengals do end up taking a TE, then a RB probably won't be seen until round 6 at the earliest, if they even decide to take one.

Offensive Line: (10): Willie Anderson, Bobbie Williams, Eric G, Andrew Whitworth, Levi Jones, Ben Wilkerson, Adam Keift, Scott Kooistra, Nate Livings, Alex Stepanovich.

- The Bengals are pretty set along the Oline and the projected starters for this season are all signed through 2008. The Bengals usually try and pick up at least one lineman per draft and this year I would not expect them to take a lineman before the 5th round unless someone who's an absolute steal falls.

Quarterback: (2): Carson Palmer, Doug Johnson.

- Cincy seems to really prefer vet QBs as backups and may try and retain the services of Anthony Wright. Before the Bengals had an extra 7th rounder I would have said a QB is highly unlikey but with a 7th round comp pick I could see the Bengals selecting a project late. A young guy to groom for Carson's permanent back would be nice. Definitely expecting some UDFAs to be brought in as camp arms and potential back-ups.

* I will be doing a breakdown of the current roster. The players at each position and what the Bengals may be looking for in the draft.

Wide Receiver: (9): Chad Johnson, TJ Whosyourmomma, Chris Henry, Tab Perry, Antonio Chatman, Bennie Brazell, Reggie McNeal, Glenn Holt and Skylar Green.

- Chris Henry is going to be suspended, how long is the question. The Bengals will rely on players like Tab and Chatman to step up in his absence. This is a very solid group if they can stay healthy. They looked real good at the beginning of 2006 and then were just killed with guys getting hurt. The Bengals may try and go more for a 2nd day developmental prospect at WR.

Tight Ends: (5): Reggie Kelly, Rhonnie Ghent, Tim Day, Gregg Guenther and Brad St. Louis (Longsnapper)

- It's not like the Bengals have been opposed to taking a high round TE, they just are not going to target one hardcore. They've liked high end TEs like Heath Miller, Anthony Fasano and David Thomas. They passed on Miller and got screwed out of getting Fasano or Thomas. I think Chris Henry's situation has really put a strangle on the Bengals and if they were going for a day one pass cather, I would expect them to actually target a TE this year. The offense is the most important part of the Bengals and in 2006 they really stuggled to convert on 3rd down. A lot of that had to do with Chris Perry, but if the Bengals drafted a player like Greg Olsen, the first thing the Bengals will site will be the offense's lack of production on 3rd down and how they think Greg can give them a boost in that area.

* Chris Henry is a great talent? He's one of a kind? He's irreplaceable? 15 TDs in 2 seasons!!!!!...bunch of nonsense from Henry supporters.

Lets compare Chris Henry and Heath Miller. The Bengals ended up passing on Heath and drafting Chris in the 3rd round of 2005. In 2 seasons Chris has 15 TDs, Heath has 11 TDs and is in a run heavy offense. Heath was also behind Santonio Holmes and wines hard in 2006 and caught more TDs in 2006 than he did in 2005.

The Bengals could get the same kind of production out of a 1st round TE that Chris Henry has supplied.

Guest happyrid
[quote name='EnglishBengal' post='468277' date='Apr 8 2007, 05:56 AM']* In Regards to Tight Ends, BDG believes that Cincy needs to take a top teir TE or not take one at all. Why? Reggie Kelly is a very solid starter, but is never going to be a huge factor in the passing game, Reggie is known for his blocking. The Bengals could use a top end pass catcher at the position. There is no need for the Bengals to be selecting lower end TEs in this draft as they already have a number of players who will be fighting for that roster spot. There is not much difference between Tim Day and Martez Milner. There is not much difference between Gregg Guenther and Brent Celek. Cincy will either take the high round TE, or not take one at all.
[b]I actually agree with this to a certain extent and made the point a few weeks ago that people were just as high on Tim Day at this time last year as they are on guys like Kevin Boss, etc. this year. I don't think we go TE early at all. And I think if we wait til the second day, that guy will have a hard time beating out guys like Ronnie Ghent, who has been here for years, and even if he does, won't be much of an upgrade.[/b]

* Cornerback: (5): Johnathan Joseph, Deltha O'Neal, Kewian Ratliff, Greg Brooks and Brandon Williams.

- Man do fans want a high round CB or what. BDG does not believe any of it. If the Bengals had tired of Deltha or he was in serious trouble, I really would have expected a vet FA to be brought in and so far, thats has not happened. JJ and Deltha have the potential to be one the best CB duo's in the NFL, if they both give 100%. Without Tory James and the return of Deltha's health, the secondary will be improved.
[b]This logic doesn't make much sense to me. The secondary won't just improve because Tory's gone. The fact is that even though Tory sucked, he was better than Ratliff, Williams, etc. or he wouldn't have been starting. CB is a huge need and we almost have to take a guy on the first day[/b].

* I know this is a "Bengals site", but I must address some firm beliefs that BDG has about 2 AFCN teams.

Browns: I think the Browns are really targeting Adam Carriker with the #3 spot. They lost their 2 RDEs, signed an 8 year vet DE, but he's not a long term solution. Romeo Crennell would love to get himself another Richard Seymour type player for his 34 defense. Adam is an elite athlete, just look at his 4.18 short shuttle and his dominating performaces in the Senior Bowl. Because Adam was not used properly at Nebraska, some people hold that against him. The most common picks for the Browns are QB/RB, but why? The Browns don't really have holes there, they do however have a big need at DE.
[b]I don't know how you could look at Charlie Frye and Derek Anderson and say they don't have a hole at QB. Plus, is a brokedown Jamal Lewis signed to a 1 year contract really a long term answer at RB? The Browns have a LOT of holes and really just need to take BPA.[/b]

*The NFL is silly and makes way to may assumptions. Becaue Brandon is a DT from a non-USC Pac-10 school he must suck...
[b]Yeah, just like they did last year when everyone assumed first-rounder Haloti Ngata, the first DT off the board, must suck..Seriously though, the NFL doesn't care who you played for. If you have talent they will find you.[/b]

* BDG believes that Cincy has a better shot at landing Amobi Okoye than a lot of folks seem to think. They see him in the top 10 of mock drafts and assume that they have no hope. Most mock drafts mean nothing and are just for fun, I see no reason to take them too seriously.

BDG wants to take nothing away from Amobi as he's a great player and prospect but there is a reality that needs to be seen about the situation. While putting him in the top 10 of mock drafts will get your site some hits, when you sit down and really think about it, Amobi is more of a mid round prospect.

BDGs reasoning: For as good of a prospect as Amobi is, he is going to take a few years to really develop, he's not even fully filled out his body yet. How much is he really going to be able to contribute and produce on Sunday's his rookie season? I think this is the question, combined with other names that will be on the board is the reason that Amobi is a mid-round prospect.

Take the basic question (as a GM): Which player is going to potentially produce more for me in 2007? Then compare names. Which player would you realisticly choose?

Okoye vs Adams? Okoye vs Landry? Okoye vs Anderson? Okoye vs Willis? Okoye vs Lynch? Okoye vs Peterson? Okoye vs Nelson? Okoye vs Revis? Okoye vs Olsen? Okoye vs Branch? Okoye vs Paul Pos?

We'll see.

[b]Okay, the only way this argument makes any sense at all is you assume that he means mid-first round prospect and not mid-round prospect. If you assume that, then his argument at least makes sense, though I don't agree with it. Okoye is as ready physically as any DT in the draft. He's been starting in college for years. He tore up the competition at the senior bowl. He put up great workout numbers too. I think he can come in and start right away and my guess is that he does so as a top 10 pick.[/b]

Defensive Tackle: (3): Sam Adams, John Thornton, Domata Peko.

- This is the thinnest and weakest area on the team at the moment. Sam Adams is only wearing down no matter what is said, Thornton is not getting any younger either. Domata has proven to be a force and with some more experience he should contintue to be a disruptive player. I believe that DT is the #1 need on this team and that the Bengals would absolutely love to land Amobi Okoye in the 1st round. The Bengals will be drafting a DT or 2 this year, I just hope they take one with a pick in rounds 1 or 2.

[b]I wouldn't mind a DT, but this is far from the weakest area on the team. We only dress 3 DTs and Adams, Thornton, Peko is a pretty solid trio. I feel a lot better about Peko as our 3rd DT than I do about Kiewan as our nickleback. So I still see CB as by far the team's top need. Again, I wouldn't mind a DT as Sam is getting old, but I think that he has a good year or two left. I'd rather get the secondary fixed this year and then look at the D line in next year's draft.[/b]

* Chris Henry is a great talent? He's one of a kind? He's irreplaceable? 15 TDs in 2 seasons!!!!!...bunch of nonsense from Henry supporters.

Lets compare Chris Henry and Heath Miller. The Bengals ended up passing on Heath and drafting Chris in the 3rd round of 2005. In 2 seasons Chris has 15 TDs, Heath has 11 TDs and is in a run heavy offense. Heath was also behind Santonio Holmes and wines hard in 2006 and caught more TDs in 2006 than he did in 2005.

The Bengals could get the same kind of production out of a 1st round TE that Chris Henry has supplied.

[b]This doesn't make any sense at all to me. A first round guy put up almost as many TDs (and way less yards) as our 3rd rounder. It's a lot easier to get a 2 yard TD (after a tough play action fake in their "run heavy offense") than to go up and grab a 40 yd. TD over a CB. Seems to me like we got the good end of that deal. Talent wise and production wise, our 3rd rounder is miles ahead of their 1st rounder.

I am easily frustrated by the antics of Chris Henry, but it is almost impossible to argue that he could be easily replaced. He has a very special skill set that makes him one of the top handful of deep threats in the entire NFL. Think of it this way, what players in this year's NFL draft have Chris Henry's talents?

I only see one, Calvin Johnson, and he is considered the best prospect in the entire draft. The only guys with Chris' size (Sidney Rice, Dwayne Jarrett, etc.) all run 4.55 or higher 40s. A guy with Chris' size, leaping ability and hands is hard to find. It's almost impossible to find one that also runs a low 4.4 forty.[/b][/quote]

[quote name='EnglishBengal' post='468277' date='Apr 8 2007, 05:56 AM']LATEST BLURB FROM TWM's WEB SITE:

...We'll see...[/quote]

Well, he certainly "put it out there", but, as he says, "we'll see".

[b]This will be a good post to review after the draft.[/b] -_-

Browns: I think the Browns are really [b]targeting Adam Carriker with the #3 spot[/b]. They lost their 2 RDEs, signed an 8 year vet DE, but he's not a long term solution. Romeo Crennell would love to get himself another Richard Seymour type player for his 34 defense. Adam is an elite athlete, just look at his 4.18 short shuttle and his dominating performaces in the Senior Bowl. Because Adam was not used properly at Nebraska, some people hold that against him. The most common picks for the Browns are QB/RB, but why? The Browns don't really have holes there, they do however have a big need at DE.

QB - Frye has only played 1 season, why not give him another season? Hopefully behind a better and healthier Oline he can produce better. If he does not do well, he will only put the Browns back into position to get a QB in 2008. Remember, there are more top QB prospects for 2008. The kid from Hawaii, Ainge, Brohm, Booty to name a few. Take the DE now and let Charlie play out 2007. That way if you need to draft a QB in 2008, your team will have improved it's defense with Adam and would take the pressure off a 08 rookie QB. Having Adam Carriker taking up blockers for Kam Wimbley...YIKES!!! Gonna do the Browns a lot more good than breaking in a rookie QB in 2007.

RB - Adrian Peterson seems to be the consesus RB for the Browns, but the question BDG asks is: If the Browns are going to take a chance on a RB with an injury history, why not just go for Michael Bush in the 2nd round? He would represent much better value if he gets healthy.

Ravens: BDG just has a feeling that [b]Troy Smith is going to end up in a Raven uniform, and sooner rather than later. I don't know if the Ravens would pull the trigger in the 1st round, but could definitely see them taking him in the 2nd round.[/b] The Ravens have a lot of picks this year so they can afford to take a chance on Troy. He can learn behind Steve McNair for a year and then give him a shot. I think Troy would be a great QB for that team honestly.
[/quote]

These are absolutely insane comments. Carriker at #3? Troy Smith in the first or second round?

Archived