HENRY GONE FOR 8 GAMES!

gotta love how the NFL is to blame for kids having ignorant dead beat parents who dont teach them how to get real jobs and behave. its all randy moss's fault.

how about their teachers? parents? anyone?

nope.. its all on NFL players...

i mena you saw how society really straightened up when NBA palyers started wearing uits..

crime rate dropped in 7 cities!!!!!!!!!!!1111

[quote name='GoBengals' post='470470' date='Apr 12 2007, 02:03 AM']gotta love how the NFL is to blame for kids having ignorant dead beat parents who dont teach them how to get real jobs and behave. its all randy moss's fault.

how about their teachers? parents? anyone?

nope.. its all on NFL players...

i mena you saw how society really straightened up when NBA palyers started wearing uits..

crime rate dropped in 7 cities!!!!!!!!!!!1111[/quote]

Talk about being a sociopath. Read it again, dick. I said they are partly responsible. How anyone can say they aren't is a fool. I guess you let your children watch whatever they want on TV? If you think that things kids see on TV doesn't influence them then you are fucked beyond words.
MULLY

[quote name='GoBengals' post='470443' date='Apr 11 2007, 12:44 PM']i could ban myself, but who would un-ban me? :thumbsdown:

and yes i would be all over chad, he has demanded more money every other year in the league, all while being non existant for weeks at a time and patting himself on the back throughout the whole thing. he is a incredible receiver, but doesnt mean he isnt a cocksucker, my stance on henry is that he was young under stress and make stupid decisions, and can move past it, chad is only wiser and put himself on a holier than thou pedistal he would rightfully get a ribbing from me for it.

to see people wish harm on a 23 yr old kid who gets drafted to the nfl spotlight, is instantly forced to house feed nd support over 12 members of his family whos lives were dstroyed by the hurricane, get caught up in immature bullshit, being forced to realise "hey my family is fucking things up" and distance himself from those family members (which is tough enough to have to handle your family in that manor for anyone) gets his family set back in NO out of his pocket and keep mother and grandma in town to keep him humbled and straighten things out is sickening, what kind of cold hearted sick fucks are on here? he has had stones cast since the beginning, all because "he had character issues in college" for flipping the bird to fans THROWING SHIT ON HIM. wheres michael vicks 8 game suspension, flipping off fans and having a shady weed bottle, beig ron mexico at the herpes joint, being sued for passing around STD's. thats not a blck eye on the league?[/quote]
[b]It certainly is..But no matter how you cut it Chris Henry is responsible for his own actions. I had a tough time growing up to did'nt have much money either..I never got arrested[/b]..

[quote name='GoBengals' post='470464' date='Apr 12 2007, 01:57 AM']clearly you dont read my posts and just talk out of your ass. i hope your enjoying yourself. what a psycho. do you teach your students to twist and grab lines of what people say and decide thier own fictional world to be truth and spew it constantly? interesting way to live.

i dont give chad a pass on being a cunt because he is a great receiver. everyone else seems to. when did i ever say chad shouldnt be #1, when did i ever say marvin was wrong having him #1?

never, get a grip, what a sociopath.[/quote]

Go, in all seriousness, we disagree on a point here. Don't drag my teaching skills into it. Fuck with me this way and we're going to have big problems. I take my job very serious and I try to instill good values into my students. You wouldn't like it if I stepped on your parenting skills.
MULLY

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='470477' date='Apr 12 2007, 02:10 AM'][b]It certainly is..But no matter how you cut it Chris Henry is responsible for his own actions. I had a tough time growing up to did'nt have much money either..I never got arrested[/b]..[/quote]

Exactly. There is no excuse.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='470476' date='Apr 11 2007, 01:09 PM']Talk about being a sociopath. Read it again, dick. I said they are partly responsible. How anyone can say they aren't is a fool. I guess you let your children watch whatever they want on TV? If you think that things kids see on TV doesn't influence them then you are fucked beyond words.
MULLY[/quote]
[b]Agreed..Kids are like sponges..they are all smarter than we think. Let's all hope for the best with Henry. Hopefully he returns a new man and is a cog in our Super Bowl run...In the meantime we have business to take care of...[/b]

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='470476' date='Apr 11 2007, 01:09 PM']Talk about being a sociopath. Read it again, dick. I said they are partly responsible. How anyone can say they aren't is a fool. I guess you let your children watch whatever they want on TV? If you think that things kids see on TV doesn't influence them then you are fucked beyond words.
MULLY[/quote]

you said yourself when you were young you mom taught you "this is right, this is wrong" so the nfl choir boys of the 70's is partially responsible for you never getting in trouble then?

your flip flopping on me here.. is it parents or nfl players? you cant play it both ways.. anyone with decent parents isnt looking to nfl players to learn how to act or behave. is badassbengal idolizing chris henry and odell thurman and going to be an acoholic criminal? is wilkes looking up to joey porter and going to jump some punk bitches on the palyground? no, why? because they have decent parents and know better.

the only people who place their own kids behavior on others are shitty parents.

you said it yourself mully, parents teach behavior and right and wrong. clearly henry had a shit parental situation, most of the nfl did. im not excusing his behavior, he fucked up and should be punished, i think 8 games is a bit much for what has transgressed SINCE the gun charges, but there are people here who want him gone forever, and wish harm on the guy, his stress doesnt EXCUSE his behavior, but being a parent myself and remember the fuckups i had when i was young hit pretty close to home with the types of issues he has had and the timing.

i just don't want to hang the kid for the 9 month stretch of bad decisions. clearly if any illegal behavior happened from here out, he should look into a less flashy career, humble himself and start over, but it hasn't, license suspension for not showing insurance card, cmooonn...

and to see "i dont wanna see my teams jersey in "gansta videos" infuriates me. its racist small town hillbilly ideology. and it makes me sick.

surely this is understandable some any decent human being.

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='470487' date='Apr 12 2007, 02:15 AM'][b]Agreed..Kids are like sponges..they are all smarter than we think. Let's all hope for the best with Henry. Hopefully he returns a new man and is a cog in our Super Bowl run...In the meantime we have business to take care of...[/b][/quote]

Hey, I totally agree with that. I pray to God that Henry gets his act together and comes out the other side of this a better person. He's done nothing to prove me wrong yet though so until that time I think he's an accident waiting to happen. I really do wish him the best though. I hope this suspension knocks some sense into him. I'll be the first to applaud him if he stays out of trouble.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='470483' date='Apr 11 2007, 01:13 PM']Go, in all seriousness, we disagree on a point here. Don't drag my teaching skills into it. Fuck with me this way and we're going to have big problems. I take my job very serious and I try to instill good values into my students. You wouldn't like it if I stepped on your parenting skills.
MULLY
Exactly. There is no excuse.
MULLY[/quote]

clearly i know nothing of your teaching skills, how is it when i point out illogical behavior everyone starts taking stuff super serious?

"shit he called me out actin a fool, how dare he bring up my teaching skills"

i would hope you dont use the same logic with your students as you did in the post i was refering too, if you did you likely wouldnt have a job teaching, you seem like a kind hearted decent person from your time here, you care about your students family and general strangers, why does that change with a 23 yr old black football player for your team. if your cousin ha the same crimes, a dui, then some weed, then he rented a room for a friend and they served alcohol to minors so he got a keg law offense, pulled a gun on some people threatening him and his friends at a club, etc. would you be calling for his head or looking for ways to ensure he can lead a proper life and not lose his career and lovelyhood.

i have more compassion for the silly mistakes he made as i made the same ones, however i sat home, didnt get caught or paid lawyers and a white kid in mason skates on more than henry in kentucky, thats for fucking sure!

i want the kid to have a chance at life and not ruin his whole life over 6-9 months of mistakes.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='470443' date='Apr 11 2007, 12:44 PM']i would be all over chad, he has demanded more money every other year in the league, all while being non existant for weeks at a time and patting himself on the back throughout the whole thing. he is a incredible receiver, but doesnt mean he isnt a cocksucker, my stance on henry is that he was young under stress and make stupid decisions, and can move past it, chad is only wiser and put himself on a holier than thou pedistal he would rightfully get a ribbing from me for it.[/quote]

While i agree last year he wasn't as productive as he should have been, I only remember chad asking for renegotiation once. I also remember Chad trying to send Henry to WR camp before his first pro year. I remember watching espn seeing a show of Marvin's first year and Chad begging Marvin to help him get better than Rice. Better than Jerry? Aiming that high and with that much class is definitely admirable.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='470443' date='Apr 11 2007, 12:44 PM']to see people wish harm on a 23 yr old kid who gets drafted to the nfl spotlight, is instantly forced to house feed nd support over 12 members of his family whos lives were dstroyed by the hurricane, get caught up in immature bullshit, being forced to realise "hey my family is fucking things up" and distance himself from those family members (which is tough enough to have to handle your family in that manor for anyone) gets his family set back in NO out of his pocket and keep mother and grandma in town to keep him humbled and straighten things out is sickening, what kind of cold hearted sick fucks are on here? he has had stones cast since the beginning, all because "he had character issues in college" for flipping the bird to fans THROWING SHIT ON HIM. wheres michael vicks 8 game suspension, flipping off fans and having a shady weed bottle, beig ron mexico at the herpes joint, being sued for passing around STD's. thats not a blck eye on the league?[/quote]

While I am guilty of agreeing with Goodell, I would never wish failure (let alone personal harm) on anyone. NFL Pro or not. Chris Henry messed up. He's being punished now. For me, his slate is more or less cleaned with one last chance to correct his personal life choices. There are alot of gray areas though in Goodell's statements of policy i would like to see cleared up soon though. We all get speeding tickets, to lose a career over a ticket is retarded.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='470447' date='Apr 11 2007, 12:47 PM']If he was short and white I would have. hehe!! Let me ask you this though, would you go to a job interview dressed like that?
MULLY[/quote]

No, can't say that i would. Just trying to lighten the convo a bit. That's just what i do... comic relief before things get ugly.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='470460' date='Apr 11 2007, 12:55 PM']Chad doesn't have to do anything for Go to be all over him. That's no secret. Go hates the best receiver on our team. Marvin puts Chad in the number one receiver slot but Go knows better than that. Chad is a lazy bum that only wants money. Marvin's got shit in his eyes for putting him as our number one receiver. I think Go needs to head down to PBS and smack some sense into Marvin because he obviously doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.
MULLY :badger:[/quote]

I love mr. chad... but sometimes i have to say he makes some pretty lame challenges that distract from the task at hand.

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='470477' date='Apr 11 2007, 01:10 PM'][b]It certainly is..But no matter how you cut it Chris Henry is responsible for his own actions. I had a tough time growing up to did'nt have much money either..I never got arrested[/b]..[/quote]

take away the "i never got arrested" and you described my childhood as well. however, i didn't even ask my parents to go with me when i had to face the music... let alone anyone of influence in the nfl.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='470489' date='Apr 11 2007, 01:17 PM']your flip flopping on me here.. is it parents or nfl players? you cant play it both ways.. anyone with decent parents isnt looking to nfl players to learn how to act or behave. is badassbengal idolizing chris henry and odell thurman and going to be an acoholic criminal? is wilkes looking up to joey porter and going to jump some punk bitches on the palyground? no, why? because they have decent parents and know better.

you said it yourself mully, parents teach behavior and right and wrong. clearly henry had a shit parental situation, most of the nfl did. im not excusing his behavior, he fucked up and should be punished, i think 8 games is a bit much for what has transgressed SINCE the gun charges, but there are people here who want him gone forever, and wish harm on the guy, his stress doesnt EXCUSE his behavior, but being a parent myself and remember the fuckups i had when i was young hit pretty close to home with the types of issues he has had and the timing.

i just don't want to hang the kid for the 9 month stretch of bad decisions. clearly if any illegal behavior happened from here out, he should look into a less flashy career, humble himself and start over, but it hasn't, license suspension for not showing insurance card, cmooonn...

and to see "i dont wanna see my teams jersey in "gansta videos" infuriates me. its racist small town hillbilly ideology. and it makes me sick.[/quote]

I think your right about parents teaching their kids right from wrong, but let's be honest here... we all emulated our idols as soon as the parents weren't looking. Some of us got away with it because we just didn't get caught. lol. I'm SOOOO guilty. I don't want to see Henry go anywhere. I think our #1, 2 and 3 receivers are the best in the league and i want it to stay that way. I just wish Henry had someone around he trusted enough to listen to in everyday life that would say "Chris, that's not a good idea man."

as far as the line about jerseys in gangsta videos... i listen to all music, a lot of which happens to be gangsta rap. I agree, that was a cheap shot. (don't make me dig into my early cube library and go predator on your ass! :ninja: )
[img]http://www.morphizm.com/images/recommends/music/cube/cube_reissues.jpg[/img]

[quote name='GoBengals' post='470405' date='Apr 11 2007, 12:10 PM']what a racist prick
your far more of an embarrassment to the city, team and fans than henry ever could be. grow up you hillbilly. gee i wouldnt have guessed your from KENTUCKY!!!1111 imagine that. a foolish racist hilljack from kentucky. peoples lives ruined so he doesnt have to kim by BET with those dang "gangsta" videos and see his teams jersey.

what a fucking asshole.[/quote]

Wow - are you serious? Racist prick? Hillbilly? I'm a "fucking asshole"?

I grew up in Mason (before it blew up), went to college at UC, and stayed in the Oakley/Hyde Park area until 1 1/2 years ago when I moved to Northern Kentucky because of my job, yet I'm a "racist hilljack from Kentucky"?

...but [b]I'm[/b] the embarrassment to Cincinnati. Having no criminal record and being a college educated, employed, soon-to-be-married Cincinnati native is more embarrassing than the garbage that Chris Henry is? I think your "embarrassing-o-meter" is WAY off.

I know you're better than this post I'm responding to, Go. At least I hope you are...

[quote name='JC' post='470791' date='Apr 11 2007, 06:28 PM']I just saw on ESPN that Pac Man could cut his suspension to 10 games if he does some stuff right. Are there any incentives like that for chris? If not its bullshit.[/quote]
He sort of got a deal. As long as he keeps his nose clean he's allowed to participate in the workouts, training/mini camps, and preseason and then return after 8 games. Whereas Pacman I believe is not allowed to be around the team until either the end of the season or 10 games if he stays clean. Correct me if I'm wron... that's how I understood is yesterday.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='470489' date='Apr 12 2007, 02:17 AM']you said yourself when you were young you mom taught you "this is right, this is wrong" so the nfl choir boys of the 70's is partially responsible for you never getting in trouble then?

your flip flopping on me here.. is it parents or nfl players? you cant play it both ways.. anyone with decent parents isnt looking to nfl players to learn how to act or behave. is badassbengal idolizing chris henry and odell thurman and going to be an acoholic criminal? is wilkes looking up to joey porter and going to jump some punk bitches on the palyground? no, why? because they have decent parents and know better.

and to see "i dont wanna see my teams jersey in "gansta videos" infuriates me. its racist small town hillbilly ideology. and it makes me sick.

surely this is understandable some any decent human being.[/quote]

FWIW, growing up in the 70's I didn't have the exposure to these people that kids have today. Only time you ever heard anything about these guys was on the evening news and let's face it, children don't watch too much news. No, times are different, Go. These guys are everywhere you look nowadays. They need to straighten their shit up and act like the professionals they're paid to be.

I agree that a minor traffic infraction isn't something anyone should be rolled over the grills for, but let's face it, he did a lot more than just traffic violations. He was instructed by a judge to keep his nose clean. As far as I'm concerned he's on strike 2 with one foot on a banana peel. It's already plainly obvious he has zero respect for the law....either that or he's one of the dumbest mother fuckers that has ever walked this earth. I've heard the kid talk too, he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. How he ever got through college is beyond me and I find it insulting that he did.

If he stays out of trouble I'll be the first to applaud him. One more thing though and I say fuck him. He's had more chances than any of us could even pray for. If any of us did some of the shit he did we'd be in jail. No 2 ways about it. He's had his chances now it's time for him to make his bed.
MULLY

MrOrange,

I have no need to jump up and protect Go. He is a big boy and can take care of himself. But you passed over my post questioning your profound statement. Let me remind you of your brilliant and insightful intellect:

[quote]MrOrange: I respect your opinion, and I'm not trying to say it's wrong.

[b]But personally, I'd like to see him screw up again and be out of football completely. I don't want him embarrasing Cincinnati anymore, but I don't want him helping any other team, either[/b].[/quote]

I said I hope that your were frustrated when you wrote this. I did not hear (or read) a reply to my response. Don't diffuse your ignorance and hate because someone was more animated in their response to your post.

I am waiting. I really want to hear why you want someone to fail and completely ruin their life because "I don't want him embarrassing Cincinnati anymore"?

I am waiting. Please explain your comment.

Phatcat - the answer is pretty simple. I just don't want Henry on the Bengals anymore.

Do I wish personal harm or failure? Not really, I am just sick and tired of the team I love, the city I love, and my fellow fans being pulled through the mud with this guy. He's an embarrassment to just about everything he's been associated with since college.

Just because someone is a talented athlete for the hometeam doesn't mean that I am going to stand blindly at his side when he doesn't care about the city/team/fans. According to him, I'm not a "true fan" because I can't believe how much of an idiot he is!

He has been told multiple times to stay away from trouble. Yet, without fail, he finds it. And there's a strong chance that he will do it again, and he will be out of the league for good.

If there is someone I work with that I find out is underminding what the firm I work for does, I hope s/he is fired. There is no difference in this situation. Get rid of him.

If it takes him screwing up again to get him off the team and out of the league, then I'm fairly confident it'll happen soon enough. I don't have to "wish" or "hope" he screws up - he'll probably do it anyway, and it'll be better for the team/league.

It's not MY fault that HE is ruining his life. Don't blame ME for stupid things that HE does.

Guest ravonaf
[quote name='MrOrange1219' post='470917' date='Apr 11 2007, 09:38 PM']Phatcat - the answer is pretty simple. I just don't want Henry on the Bengals anymore.

Do I wish personal harm or failure? Not really, I am just sick and tired of the team I love, the city I love, and my fellow fans being pulled through the mud with this guy. He's an embarrassment to just about everything he's been associated with since college.

Just because someone is a talented athlete for the hometeam doesn't mean that I am going to stand blindly at his side when he doesn't care about the city/team/fans. According to him, I'm not a "true fan" because I can't believe how much of an idiot he is!

He has been told multiple times to stay away from trouble. Yet, without fail, he finds it. And there's a strong chance that he will do it again, and he will be out of the league for good.

If there is someone I work with that I find out is underminding what the firm I work for does, I hope s/he is fired. There is no difference in this situation. Get rid of him.

If it takes him screwing up again to get him off the team and out of the league, then I'm fairly confident it'll happen soon enough. I don't have to "wish" or "hope" he screws up - he'll probably do it anyway, and it'll be better for the team/league.

It's not MY fault that HE is ruining his life. Don't blame ME for stupid things that HE does.[/quote]

It amazes me how some fans put players above the team. Chris Henry is NOT the Cincinnati Bengals. He's not even the 2nd best WR on the team according to the coaches. He doesn't give 100% according to the players. Most of the players in the league want him out. Yet people blindly throw themselves over the wall for this guy. I don't get it.

This whole discussion is crap. No one other than Chris Henry is responsible for this. He and he alone has hurt this team by his immaturity and wanna-be-thug behavior. The NFL and the Bengals cannot and should not babysit this kid and his actions can't be explained away just because people on Go-Bengals.com have done as bad or worse. It sickens me that he is suspended for half a season and I'm almost glad because his defenders on this board refuse to acknowledge that he has fucked this whole thing up.

Guest LoyalFanInGA
Did someone force Henry and Odell to make the decisions they have made? No.

They're grown men.

They have choices.

They both have a pattern of misconduct that started before they became Bengals. Most of which are minor and I've done myself at some point.

As talented as they both are, neither can be counted upon [b]not[/b] to make another mistake.

Neither can be counted upon to be in next weeks starting line up.

I'm tired of excuses. I want the player's focus to be on winning; not the court docket or the up coming piss test.

Deion Sanders never saw a grown man shave while he was growing up. Boo-fucking-hoo. I bet he never watched his step father beat his mother unconcious with a work boot at Christmas at the age of 5, either. Or watch his ass hauled off to prison for felony possession of stolen goods? Etc, etc, etc. Sometimes our role models only serve as an example of what not to do.

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA' post='471755' date='Apr 13 2007, 02:20 PM']Did someone force Henry and Odell to make the decisions they have made? No.

They're grown men.

They have choices.

They both have a pattern of misconduct that started before they became Bengals. Most of which are minor and I've done myself at some point.

As talented as they both are, neither can be counted upon [b]not[/b] to make another mistake.

Neither can be counted upon to be in next weeks starting line up.

I'm tired of excuses. I want the player's focus to be on winning; not the court docket or the up coming piss test.

Deion Sanders never saw a grown man shave while he was growing up. Boo-fucking-hoo. I bet he never watched his step father beat his mother unconcious with a work boot at Christmas at the age of 5, either. Or watch his ass hauled off to prison for felony possession of stolen goods? Etc, etc, etc. Sometimes our role models only serve as an example of what not to do.[/quote]
[b]Agreed 1000%..I went through some nasty garbage myself and had to deal with major drug addiction in my family..We had next to nothing. It only made me turn the other way to do the right thing. Forget Chris Henry. I just hope we draft Greg Olsen and no one will even remember Chris Henry is alive!!!!!...[/b]

Archived