Video Highlights of All-Pro Football 2K8

Guest ONYX

[color="#FF0000"][b]Check out Ickey doing the "Shuffle". Pretty cool stuff.[/b][/color]

[url="http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=4211"]http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=4211[/url]

[quote name='Tigris' post='499121' date='Jun 12 2007, 01:39 PM']is it like blitz?? i didnt see the highlight tape, just pictures[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]No, no, no.

Do you remember the NFL2K series?

It's from the people who made NFL2K5. A game that was far superior to Madden 2005......and $30 cheaper.
The NFL did not like the idea of Sega/ Visual Concepts dropping it's price to compete while using the NFL license.

That opened the door for EA Sports to buy the exclusive rights to the NFL license and ever since then,
EA Sports has been recycling the same damn game with silly new gimmicks every year.

Video football gamers have been screwed.

Whether you prefer Madden or not, now that there is competition from a legitimate game developer,
it will only push both brands to be better.

Thats a victory for us............ the consumers.[/b][/color]

[quote name='Farbeyonddriven' post='499170' date='Jun 12 2007, 08:06 PM']I dunno but playing with "made-up" teams and players kinda ruins for me. NFL2K5 is awesome
though!

-E[/quote]
I dunno. If they were to create a game mode similar to the NFL superstar HOF mode in Madden 07 for PC, I'd grab it in a heartbeat, if the gameplay was improved. No matter what position the player I create plays, I NEVER get drafted by Cincy anyway. So I declare FA at every opportunity when my contract is up, and I still don't ever get a contract offer from Cincy. And since I don't really give a shit about the other teams, it takes away part of the fun, especially when we go up against the Bengals. But if there were no official NFL teams, I could just enjoy the improved gameplay, which would be great.

Guest Tigris
[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='499174' date='Jun 12 2007, 03:18 PM']I dunno. If they were to create a game mode similar to the NFL superstar HOF mode in Madden 07 for PC, I'd grab it in a heartbeat, if the gameplay was improved. No matter what position the player I create plays, I NEVER get drafted by Cincy anyway. So I declare FA at every opportunity when my contract is up, and I still don't ever get a contract offer from Cincy. And since I don't really give a shit about the other teams, it takes away part of the fun, especially when we go up against the Bengals. But if there were no official NFL teams, I could just enjoy the improved gameplay, which would be great.[/quote]

That is a good way to look at it... but I didn't like the Superstar stuff on Madden. I'd just prefer to be the Bengals and kick ass with Carson.

[quote name='Tigris' post='499186' date='Jun 12 2007, 08:44 PM']That is a good way to look at it... but I didn't like the Superstar stuff on Madden. I'd just prefer to be the Bengals and kick ass with Carson.[/quote]
I love the superstar mode on PC. Playing the game from a 1st person perspective at one position is much more realistic, and interesting, imo. I had to learn to "do my job" at MLB, and won 7 NFL MVPs in a 13 year HOF career. I loved every minute of it. I've played several seasons at QB, too, but I find myself more interested in playing on D. Just started a new season the other day at FS. I am trying not to get too hooked into yet another new player's career before 08 comes out :contract:

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='499340' date='Jun 12 2007, 08:04 PM']I love the superstar mode on PC. Playing the game from a 1st person perspective at one position is much more realistic, and interesting, imo. I had to learn to "do my job" at MLB, and won 7 NFL MVPs in a 13 year HOF career. I loved every minute of it. I've played several seasons at QB, too, but I find myself more interested in playing on D. Just started a new season the other day at FS. I am trying not to get too hooked into yet another new player's career before 08 comes out :contract:[/quote]
I have had a hard time on D with all positions except Defensive End.

And WR and QB get real old real quick. Running back isn't bad. But i hope they make something more exciting about it.

I think they need to make a superstar kinda mode for Fifa 2008. That would be really cool. Play your way from a small club team all the way up to a Arsenal or Chelsea. I wonder if they will do that this year

[quote name='sneaky' post='499151' date='Jun 12 2007, 02:27 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]No, no, no.

It's from the people who made NFL2K5. A game that was far superior to Madden 2005......and $30 cheaper.
The NFL did not like the idea of Sega/ Visual Concepts dropping it's price to compete while using the NFL license.

.[/b][/color][/quote]

the origanal series on dreamcast was great. however, i hated 2k5 i bought played 2 games and then used it as a 19.99 coaster.

this game looks cool, whats the deal with retired nfl guys on the game? So far i have seen ickey woods!!, jerry rice, and montana. Are there more?

[quote name='ONYX' post='499151' date='Jun 12 2007, 02:27 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]No, no, no.

That opened the door for EA Sports to buy the exclusive rights to the NFL license and ever since then,
EA Sports has been recycling the same damn game with silly new gimmicks every year.

Video football gamers have been screwed.

Whether you prefer Madden or not, now that there is competition from a legitimate game developer,
it will only push both brands to be better.

Thats a victory for us............ the consumers.[/b][/color][/quote]

what a foolish summery.

nfl2k5 was certainly better than madden, but "far superior" it ridiculous, the gameplay was a little nicer and the price made it all that much better, but far superior is a stretch, and i just watched the madden 08 trailer and there seem to be some great movement upgrades, with throwing motion and everything looks more realistic. i agree madden is slow poking it with no other pressure, but its no scrubb.

you silly old racist bastard.

[quote name='whodey24k' post='502182' date='Jun 19 2007, 02:16 PM']the origanal series on dreamcast was great. however, i hated 2k5 i bought played 2 games and then used it as a 19.99 coaster.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]NFL2K5 was so critically acclaimed that many felt it was superior to the Madden game.

Ultimatley, it just comes down to personal taste. But I still think the day EA bought the exclusive
rights to the NFL was a crime towards consumers and video game players. Madden has been
mediocre at best ever since because there is no competition that forces them to push the envelope
as far as game play.
[/b][/color]

[quote]this game looks cool, whats the deal with retired nfl guys on the game? So far i have seen ickey woods!!, jerry rice, and montana. Are there more?[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Yes, that is their angle. They have over 200 former NFL players, like Rice, Elway, Johnny Unitas and Walter
Payton. For guys in their 30's.... like me, and for NFL history buffs.........also like me, I think the concept is cool.

However, it may not appeal to yungins like WhoDeyForever.
[/b][/color]

[quote name='GoBengals' post='502196' date='Jun 19 2007, 02:32 PM']what a foolish summery.

nfl2k5 was certainly better than madden, but "far superior" it ridiculous, the gameplay was a little nicer and the price made it all that much better, but far superior is a stretch, and i just watched the madden 08 trailer and there seem to be some great movement upgrades, with throwing motion and everything looks more realistic. i agree madden is slow poking it with no other pressure, but its no scrubb.

you silly old racist bastard.[/quote]

PS: madden 08 and NCAA 08 look identical this year..

Guest steggyD
No way in hell can I convince my wife that I need both football games after I shell out the money for the entire 360 with controllers and a couple games to begin with, so ... which football game do I spend the money on when they come out? Madden or 2K8?

[quote name='steggyD' post='502201' date='Jun 19 2007, 02:37 PM']No way in hell can I convince my wife that I need both football games after I shell out the money for the entire 360 with controllers and a couple games to begin with, so ... which football game do I spend the money on when they come out? Madden or 2K8?[/quote]

sell ya my 360 premium with two wireless controllers for $350 :ph34r: my hard drive had 22 arcade gmaes on it already as well :ph34r:

i want the elite version.. :ph34r:

[quote name='steggyD' post='502201' date='Jun 19 2007, 02:37 PM']No way in hell can I convince my wife that I need both football games after I shell out the money for the entire 360 with controllers and a couple games to begin with, so ... which football game do I spend the money on when they come out? Madden or 2K8?[/quote]

2k8 wont exist as an NFL game, just this pro thing with ancient players like elway and so on, no real teams or anything, only madden has real teams with real rosters...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='502196' date='Jun 19 2007, 02:32 PM']what a foolish summery.

you silly old racist bastard.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]NFL 2K5 looked better than Madden 2005.

NFL 2K5 played better than Madden 2005.

NFL 2K5 costed less than half than Madden 2005.

Dont make me thrash you again in Madden son, respect your elders.[/b][/color]

[quote name='GoBengals' post='502203' date='Jun 19 2007, 02:39 PM']2k8 wont exist as an NFL game, just this pro thing with ancient players like elway and so on, no real teams or anything, only madden has real teams with real rosters...[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Hater. [/b][/color][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img]

Guest Tigris
[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='502208' date='Jun 19 2007, 02:50 PM']Does not look that good at al..Probably won't be buying it..I'll stick to Madden..[/quote]
hell yes we stick to madden!

i cant play a game with fake players/old players.

i like the current updated guys who i can have stats with and stuff myself.

:EMOTICON SURPRISED:

i dont really know whatthe smiley above is... it's X'd on my screen right now and i want to see what it looks like

[quote name='steggyD' post='502205' date='Jun 19 2007, 02:43 PM']Was your 360 one of the first ones made, Go?[/quote]

i got it in febuary of last year, from best buy, it came in that day, so thats what, 3-4 months after launch, so i dunno if its one of the first ones or not. friend of mine was at best buy, called me with two in hand, left my house and bought it, i bought the intercooler fan as madden played better with it, i can take pictures of everything if you are interested, so you can see exactly what you would be getting.

if not, no worries.

Archived